Patient Comments: Stomach Cancer - Surgery

Please describe your experience with surgery for stomach cancer. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Daisy, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: February 26

My husband went through surgery a few days after being diagnosed with stage three stomach cancer. It"s been fourteen days after the surgery and his stomach is still sleeping (says the surgeon). Over seven liters of fluid has been drained and we are still waiting for peristalsis to start.

Comment from: Honeyr, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 05

My mother was recently diagnosed with stomach cancer. She had a major surgery after which a part of her stomach was removed. Now she is on chemotherapy. It is better to avoid taking sugar, it works like adding fuel to fire. It increases the risk of recurring cancer again. Having honey instead is a healthy option to stick to.

Comment from: garf, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 06

I was diagnosed with stomach cancer in 1993 at age of 41. I had half of my stomach removed, chemotherapy and radiation. I am doing well, but still have dumping symptoms after eating. I do stress that you are treated at a good cancer hospital, not your local hospital!

Comment from: lilone, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 15

My mother-in-law has stomach cancer and her second dose of chemotherapy. She is doing really well, but is having trouble keeping food down or even water. I'm wondering what I can do to help her get the nutrition that she needs.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Cancer Report Newsletter