Though the cause of stomach cancer is unknown, risk factors for stomach cancer include diet, H. pylori infection, smoking age, gastritis, stomach surgery, family history, and pernicious anemia. Symptoms include stomach discomfort, feeling full after a small meal, nausea and vomiting, and weight loss. Treatment depends upon staging and may involve surgery, radiation therapy, or chemotherapy. Read more: Stomach Cancer Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Gastric Cancer Quiz
What are the main risk factors for gastric cancer? Where does gastric cancer occur? Take this quiz to learn about this different...
Picture of Stomach
The stomach is a muscular sac located on the left side of the upper abdomen. See a picture of the Stomach and learn more about...
Cancer-Fighting Foods in Pictures: Resveratrol, Green Tea, and More
Experts have praised certain foods for their ability to reduce cancer risks. Learn which foods and eating strategies may help...
Signs of Cancer in Women: Symptoms You Can't Ignore
Cancer symptoms can surprise women if they don't know what to watch out for. 15 cancer symptoms women ignore such as weight loss,...
Understanding Cancer: Metastasis, Stages of Cancer, and More
Learn the basics about cancer including types, causes, how it spreads, symptoms and signs, stages and treatment options. Read...
Viral Infection Types, Treatment, and Prevention
Watch this slideshow on Viral Infections and learn about types, treatment, and prevention of illnesses caused by viruses....
Gastric (Stomach) Cancer: Types, Causes, Symptoms, Treatment
What are the common signs and symptoms of stomach cancer? Learn about gastric cancer diagnosis, treatment, and their risks, how...
Healthy Eating: The Dangers of Processed Meat
Processed meats like pepperoni, beef jerky, and chicken nuggets are associated with an increased risk of health problems like...
Related Disease Conditions
Cancer Risk Factors
Though it's difficult to say why some people develop cancer while others don't, research shows that certain risk factors increase...
H. pylori (Helicobacter Pylori ) Infection Symptoms, Test, Treatment
Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) is a bacteria that causes chronic inflammation (gastritis) of the inner lining of the stomach,...
Peptic Ulcer (Stomach Ulcer)
Peptic or stomach ulcers are ulcers are an ulcer in the lining of the stomach, duodenum, or esophagus. Ulcer formation is related...
Abdominal Pain (Causes, Remedies, Treatment)
Abdominal pain can have many causes that range from mild to severe. Some of these causes include bloating, gas,...
Pernicious anemia is a blood disorder in which the body does not make enough red blood cells due to a lack of vitamin B12 in the...
Anemia is the condition of having less than the normal number of red blood cells or less than the normal quantity of hemoglobin...
Smoking (How to Quit Smoking)
Smoking is an addiction. More than 430,000 deaths occur each year in the U.S. from smoking related illnesses. Secondhand smoke or...
Cancer is a disease caused by an abnormal growth of cells, also called malignancy. It is a group of 100 different diseases, and...
Certain behavioral, lifestyle, and environmental factors contribute to cancer. Cancer prevention involves modifying these factors...
Radon (A Citizen's Guide to Radon)
Radon is a radioactive gas that has been confirmed to cause cancers. About 21,000 individuals die each year due to radon...
The Digestion Process (Organs and Functions)
Digestion is the complex process of turning the food you eat into the energy you need to survive. The digestive process also...
Nausea and Vomiting (Causes, Natural Remedies, Diet, Medication)
Nausea is an uneasiness of the stomach that often precedes vomiting. Nausea and vomiting are not diseases, but they are symptoms...
Cancer fatigue is a lack of energy that is caused by cancer or cancer treatment, including chemotherapy, radiation, biological...
Symptoms of 12 Serious Diseases and Health Problems
Learn how to recognize early warning signs and symptoms of serious diseases and health problems, for example, chronic cough,...
Gastritis (Symptoms, Pain, Home Remedies, and Cure)
Gastritis (acute and chronic) is an inflammation of the lining of the stomach Some people have no gastritis symptoms, but when...
Swollen Lymph Nodes (Glands): Pictures, Causes, Locations, Symptoms, Treatments
Lymph nodes help the body's immune system fight infections. Causes of swollen lymph nodes (glands) may include infection (viral,...
Ascites, the accumulation of fluid in the abdominal cavity is most commonly caused by cirrhosis of the liver. Some of the other...
Tumor grade is a system used to classify cancer cells in how likely the tumor is to grow and how abnormal they look under a...
Why Am I So Bloated?
Bloating is a feeling that your abdomen is distended or larger than normal, but it does not necessarily mean that it is. Gas...
Local ResourcesFind a local Oncologist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Advance Medical Directives
- Abdominal Pain
- Rectal Bleeding (Blood in Stool, Hematochezia)
- Indigestion (Dyspepsia, Upset Stomach)
- Weight Loss
- Vomiting Blood
- Swollen Lymph Nodes (Lymphadenopathy)
- Doctor: Getting the Most from Your Doctor's Appointment
- How to Choose a Doctor
- Doctor: Checklist to Take To Your Doctor's Appointment
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- Study Confirms Added Cancer Risk for Diabetics, Especially Women
- FDA Approves 'Biosimilar' Drug Ogivri for Breast, Stomach Cancers
- Are Some Heartburn Meds Tied to Stomach Cancer?
- Another Obesity Downside: Higher Esophageal Cancer Risk
- Can Breath Test Detect Stomach Cancers Earlier?
- Antibody-Based Therapy Shows Promise Against Stomach Cancer
- Alcohol, Processed Meats May Raise Stomach Cancer Risk
- Is Type 1 Diabetes Linked to Raised Risk of Certain Cancers?
- Cancer's Financial Burden Tied to Poorer Survival, Study Finds
- Cancer Rates Dropping in Rich Countries, Rising in Poorer Ones: Study
- Breath Test Might Spot Stomach Cancer Risk
- Scientists Create Tiny Stomachs From Stem Cells
- Targeted Drugs Among Successes Against Cancer, Says New Report
- Botox Tested on Stomach Cancer in Mice
- Cyramza Approved for Stomach Cancer
- Overweight Teen Years Tied to Later Cancer Risk
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment Tied to Higher Risk of Stomach Cancer in Study
- Colorful Fruits, Vegetables May Be Key to Cancer-Fighting Diet
- Every 3 Years Is Best for Stomach Cancer Tests: Study
- Global Cancer Rates Set to Soar by 2030
- Gene Discovery May Move Personalized Stomach Cancer Treatment Forward
- Type of Bacteria May Be Linked to Diabetes
- Osteoporosis Drugs May Be Linked to Cancer Risk
- Drug Appears to Prolong Survival in Stomach Cancer Patients
- Exercise Recommended for Cancer Patients
- Stomach Cancer on the Rise Among Young, White Adults
- Gene Variation May Speed Recurrence of Stomach Cancer
- Eradicating Gut Bacteria Improves Stomach Cancer Outcomes
- 15 Cancer Symptoms Men Ignore
- Chemotherapy: Eating Well
- Cancer Treatment: Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Stomach Cancer Prevention
- Cancer Causing Agents - Carcinogens
- Cancer Treatment - Managing Eating Problems
- Cancer Treatment: Pre-Treatment Eating Tips
- Cancer Pain, A Guide for You and Your Family
- Pain Control Record Chart
- Cancer and Sexual Health
- Chemotherapy and Other Cancer Treatment Side Effects
- Cancers: Leading Cancers in Women, Men, & Children