Still's disease is a condition that has been referred to as systemic-onset juvenile idiopathic arthritis. It is a condition characterized by inflammation of the joints, and despite the alternative name, it has also been described to occur in adults.
Still's disease always causes inflammation of the joints, leading to
Other associated symptoms and signs include
- high intermittent fevers,
- sore throat,
- muscle pain, and a
- faint, salmon-colored skin rash that comes and goes and typically does not itch.
Other associated conditions can include
- inflammation of the lining of the heart or lungs (pericarditis or pleuritis),
- enlargement of the lymph nodes (swollen glands), and
- enlargement of the liver or spleen.
Cause of Still's disease
Doctors do not understand the cause of Still's disease.
Other still's disease symptoms and signs
- Enlargement of the Liver or Spleen
- Faint, Salmon-Colored Skin Rash That Comes and Goes and Typically Does Not Itch
- High Intermittent Fevers
- Joint Pain
- Joint Stiffness
- Muscle Pain
- Sore Throat
- Swollen Glands
- Swollen Joints
Main Article on Still's Disease Symptoms and Signs
Pictures, Images, Illustrations & Quizzes
Arthritis: 16 Bad Habits That Cause Joint Pain
Being overweight, wearing uncomfortable shoes, or carrying a heavy purse can make joint pain and arthritis symptoms worse. Some...
Arthritis: Causes and Treatment for Joint Stiffness and Pain
Arthritis and injuries can leave your joints swollen, tender, and damaged. Discover treatments for morning stiffness, sore...
Arthritis: Supplements for Joint Pain
Can supplements help relieve joint pain and swelling? Find out how certain compounds may aid your stiff, tender joints.
Exercises for Knee Osteoarthritis and Joint Pain
Learn about osteoarthritis and exercises that relieve knee osteoarthritis pain, stiffness and strengthen the knee joint and...