Patient Comments: STDs in Men - Treatment

What treatment did you have for your STD? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Jordan, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: October 22

I had a sore throat since last Wednesday and it's still there. I am taking cough drops, throat sprays, tea with lemon and honey, salt water, everything. It's doing its job but not a good job. It's basically 60 percent down. I'm doing all I can to make it better than the same.

Comment from: chetna, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 02

Yes, I use honey and lemon but it seems to make the pain worst. My mom has tonsilitis and she has not been using this remedy. So home remedies are either useful or useless from my experience.

Comment from: Sam, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: September 26

I had a very bad sore throat after a night out during heavy winter. The best home made remedy which my mom told me was to take 1/4 tea spoon turmeric, 1/4 tea spoon salt and half a tea spoon of butter barely heated to make a thick paste. Put it at the back of the throat till your finger can follow and leave it for 1-2 minutes. The next morning it will feel like sore throat was just a bad dream.

Comment from: 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 08

My sore throat started to appear four days ago with scratchiness. I'm a singer and managed two gigs before it hit home. I am now cancelling gigs while waiting for my voice to recover. It's costing me a fortune. Grin and bear it is the only thing to do. I'll be back on form next week. (I hope.)

Comment from: AceOfHearts, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 11

I've had a sore throat for 2 and a half weeks with cough, my voice is nearly gone. It is not getting any better but not getting any worse either. My nose is runny with darkish yellow colored mucus. I can't even bend forward without my throat drying up instantly and it hurts. No fever.

Comment from: Sore Throat, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: June 07

I usually gargle warm water with salt when dealing with a sore throat and it's effective!

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter