Patient Comments: Staph Infection - Length Symptoms Lasted

How long did the symptoms of your staph infection (Staphylococcus aureus) last? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Brownie, 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: November 29

My husband passed away, he had a sore throat for about 4 hours only. His death certificate read, severe tracheitis and acute laryngeal edema. After a lot of questioning of the doctors I was told it was a very rare form of staph which rarely attacks the throat but rather appears as boils somewhere on the body. His throat suddenly totally closed so he was unable to breathe.

Comment from: Spooner, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: July 12

I have been on two antibiotics for three days for MRSA/staph infection on my lower leg and it is still very painful and red. I go back to the doctor on Tuesday.

Comment from: StaphIsKillingMe, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 25

I got a boil in the crease of the upper right thigh where it meets the body, in late 2005. In Sept '09, I had the staph infection throughout the entire gland system. First in my groin, then under the breasts and finally the left armpit. The one I got in my right armpit, simply won't go away. I keep getting 10 day antibiotic courses but they never go longer than 10 days, nor do they switch the antibiotics to trick the infection into leaving. I also have type II diabetes, and psoriatic arthritis, which cannot be treated at all if I have an infection. And I just recently got a culture, and 6 weeks later after a course of Bactrim and then amoxicillin, I had another boil under my right armpit! I've been telling my doctors about this for close to two whole years, but they do nothing!

Comment from: Angel, Female (Patient) Published: January 05

It is 5 years and I am still battling a staph infection. Nothing works.

Comment from: rick, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: November 18

I had golden staph infection in the tip of my index finger. I damaged the nail bed and contracted the disease. After a long course of antibiotics the skin on my fingers pealed so badly I had to stop the treatment. I then started having laser treatment on my pressure points up to my elbow. After 2 treatments the finger started to improve. With 3 times a week treatment it took 6 months for the staph to clear. After 2 weeks of laser treatment 3 times a week the tip of my finger started to respond to the laser treatment. I damaged my nail bed and could not form a proper nail and it took about another 5 weeks when the nail started to form up. The tip of my finger was black with pus seeping out. After 6 months 3 times a week laser it cleared up. This was 20 years ago. I had so many weeks of antibiotics. The skin on my fingers pealed so badly treatment ceased. All the pressure points up to my elbow were laser treated.

Comment from: william r., 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: August 01

My wife and I got treated for staph infection with levofloxacin. We still have it, we are unable to get rid of it.

Comment from: audiyourmind, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: July 12

I think I got my staph infection when I cut my behind, roofing after a windstorm damaged our barn. Scooting around on the roof I must have scratched my behind because two years later it itches like nothing else and it has this constant drain of clear pus. Doctor's office diagnosed it as staph and gave me this tube of cream that was smaller than my pinky finger, it lasted a week and no change. If anything the cream seemed to burn or scald my skin, so I alternated days on and days off using it, until it was gone. I'm getting tired of doctors claiming to know things yet I find out a simple remedy or that another issue was at the cause. I took my health in my own hands tonight and read that apple cider vinegar will sting like the dickens but it can help kill staph. Vinegar has the most horrible smell and it gives me posttraumatic stress disorder from child hood, I hate the smell of vinegar! I put some on my buttock cheeks and sure enough it stings but my backside looks like I got shot a half dozen times. These boils leak pus and harden to craters. Needless to say my sex life ground to a halt and as staph is infectious I have to get rid of this as soon as possible. I will give an update on the apple cider vinegar which I applied to a paper towel then directly to the skin, twice.

Comment from: nazetoy, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 23

My granddaughter has a staph infection right next to her eye. The hospital gave us a cream, I wonder if she should have an antibiotic like penicillin.

Comment from: noswindlin, 13-18 Male (Caregiver) Published: November 11

I have a son who is 14. He currently has acute osteomyelitis of the left ulna. In October 2012 he had a staph infection in the right palm that localized in the right elbow and armpit. He fractured his left ulna in February 2015. Infection of the ulna occurred in June 2015. Through CT, MRI, x-ray, and multiple biopsies with lab tests, there is not any bacteria found, although his CRP count responds to clindamycin.

Comment from: bacoyds, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: April 21

I am going on three weeks after a week's stay in the hospital to treat my staph infection. I got massive doses of antibiotics and for a while, they thought I might lose a leg. I also have a low blood pressure so they would have I hard time doing any surgery.

Comment from: Surprised, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: February 06

About a month ago I noticed some cuts on my fingers, infected areas around my nails, etc., which I thought were just from playing too rough with my dog, yard work, nothing serious. Then these cuts just oozed clear yellow pus, never healed, and the skin began to burn and became very hot. The next week, I felt tired (same symptoms on my cuts, but worsening). Following week pain was shooting up my fingers/joints and I went to see my primary care physician (PCP). I had friends and colleagues telling me it might be shingles and could be serious. My PCP saw me for literally 30 seconds, told me it was a staph infection of some kind, prescribed me about 7 total medicines (4 antibiotics/3 topical), and told me to rest. Last week (all the below occurred in 24/36 hours when my wife and son were out of town, and I was all alone in my house) midway through the treatment, I suddenly began to feel boiling hot, sweating profusely, then freezing cold, then literally every muscle/joint began to hurt, every nerve felt like it was exposed and on fire, I could not physically move an inch, couldn't eat or drink, and my skin felt like it was on fire all over my body. I felt like I was going into shock; maybe even dying. Thank goodness I made an SOS cell phone call with literally all of the energy I had left and the recipient picked up, came to my house, took me straight to the emergency room (ER). The ER staff put 10 total IVs of fluid in me over the next seven hours (4 of water, 4 of antibiotics/anti-allergen and 2 steroid-pain killer mix), I had a 105 degree fever and rising-and I was going into shock! I was misdiagnosed by my PCP, never given a blood/fluid test to determine the actual infection, given an antibiotic that I was deathly allergic to (Bactrim) and reacting badly to and I actually had 2 strands of separate staph. My body was fighting with everything it had and I had no idea what was happening. I am a very healthy, strong, young adult male, it's the only reason (plus that SOS call), that I'm typing this as we speak. Staph is no joke folks, I had never even really heard of staph in a serious manner before this and it almost killed me. If in doubt, go get looked after!

Comment from: GinaC1981, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 05

It happened to me in the year of 2000. I had to go to the hospital and put on IV antibiotics. I don't remember how I got it. My leg was all red and swollen. I've dealt with the staph infection for years. It still gets swollen from time to time. I have to elevate it. I have another symptom of coughing, along with my shingles and I have night sweats, not sure why.

Comment from: Panda, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: February 07

I was recently admitted to hospital with a MRSA staph infection in my left leg. There had been a small nick on the back of my calf where my doctors believe the infection got in. Unfortunately the infection was very sudden and acute, it occurred over only a matter of a few hours and I went into toxic shock from it. When the paramedics got to me my temperature was well over 108 degrees and I was rushed to emergency. I was in hospital for eight days being treated with antibiotics. The leg was initially swollen and very red, but after 3 to 4 days it blistered over a large portion of my calf and shin and has since began to scab over. I have now been out of hospital for 3 weeks and the affected area still needs to be bandaged. Thank fully the majority of the scabs has reduced and there is only a small portion of my calf that requires bandaging.

Comment from: texas gal, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 21

I just found out today, that what I've had for over three years is a MRSA infection. It started out as a rash on my tail-bone. In the past year, knots in my groin area, that eventually would burst, appeared. My doctor treated it with creams and antibiotics. Finally, on my visit, about two weeks ago, she was able to culture it and phoned with the results today. I'm waiting on my prescription(s) to be filled. She has me on an antibiotic and a cream for under my finger nails and in my nostrils. I was also told to buy a certain type of soap (Hibiclens) and use that from now on. In my doctor's defense, I self-medicated for about two years before the knots presented themselves. I started going to my doctor when that occurred. Until my last visit she was unable to get a culture on my visits.

Comment from: Female27, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 13

I had severe hip pain for about a week until I couldn't attend work, couldn't sleep, and couldn't walk. I also had a very deep pimple in my face that was like nothing I've had before as it was very painful. The first time I went to the doctor he said I might have tendinitis in my hip, 3 days later I was still in severe pain and went to the doctor where he got a blood sample. I was in so much pain I vomited and couldn't drive home. The doctor phoned me and concluded that I had an infection as my levels were at 400 when they were supposed to be at 5. I was emitted to the hospital and it concluded I had an abscess in my right hip that was to be drained. Since it was a deep muscle infection I was still in severe pain and went on morphine and I had clindamycin IV. I was in the hospital for 1 month and hospital in the home for another week and a half. Due to the amount of drugs and the pain I wasn't able to void (urinate) and had to have a catheter for 2 and a half months, as I had several failed voids. I had no energy and couldn't walk without crutches for a couple of weeks. I did return to work after that and used a crutch for assistance. After 3 months from being admitted to the hospital I don't need crutches anymore but I am still unable to walk far distances without intense pain and can't lie on that side of my body. I just went back to the infectious disease doctor and he told me I would be in pain for about another two months but my infection levels are normal. And would continue clindamycin until then (after the hospital I had the IV removed) and slowly getting off of strong pain killers. I was off of Endone and Targin after 2 months. However, the withdrawals from morphine is very rough. This was a deep tissue infection which he told me was rare. So I am happy with my progress so far and will hopefully be back to 100% in a couple of months. I am lucky to have my family and friends and of course medical insurance to get me through this.

Comment from: Colleen, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 06

I contracted MRSA when I had ankle surgery. That was 2 years ago. Since then I have had MRSA pneumonia. I have constant sinus problems, severe hoarseness, sore throat, cough and congestion. I am fine if I'm on antibiotics, and prednisone. Otherwise I fight symptoms constantly.

Comment from: MaryS, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 24

I developed a staph infection in my brain and spinal fluid after a cervical disc surgery. I was in the hospital for about 30 days. I had mental problems like hallucinations and severe mental confusion. I had very high blood pressure and at one point almost died. It really was terrible for me. I was sent home with a Hickman line and received antibiotics for another 8 weeks.

Comment from: micheal, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: September 09

I have been experiencing reoccurring boils on my body. I did HIV, kidney function and diabetes testing, and all were negative. I took PO Augmentin, amoxcillin and even a third antibiotic and nothing worked, and the staph infection just came back. Finally I mistakenly got mupirocin instead of Bactroban ointment which I also used topical before and within 2/3 days the boils disappeared amazingly.

Comment from: JimmyCracks, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 30

I had a simple staph infection in the right side of my groin area that culminated in an abscess that was extracted and packed. I was put on clindamycin as antibiotic. It is day 3 and the redness and swelling are abating, however now I have pain and stiffness in both my hip joints making it hard for me to walk, my calves are tight, and my feet are stiff. The culture from the staph has not been received back yet, but how could these two symptoms be related! I am athletic and not obese, very healthy legs, and this soreness and tightness only appeared after the procedure to remove the abscess.

Comment from: tkd, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: July 14

I have been dealing with staph infection for years. The only antibiotic I used that worked was cephalexin 500mg, 4 times a day. Also as a spot treatment I use manuka honey which works really good. It brings the bump to a head and reduces it quickly. I have used many methods; right now I drink a mixture of apple cider vinegar, garlic and manuka honey to fight infections in my body so we will see if it works. I also take vitamin C daily to boost immune system. Don't let this virus ruin your life I know it's tough but doing research and given time these methods may work for you... fight on!

Comment from: ladyj, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 31

I started getting a staph infection in my inner thigh back in the summer. I self-treated that one, which looked like a boil with a core. It eventually healed up, but just recently two appeared in the same area. This time I went to my doctor, who put me on an antibiotic and also Lamisil. She put me on the Lamisil because she said the antibiotic would cause the rash I also have, not heal. I thought it kind of funny that I'm using a jock itch medicine, but after three days I can really tell a difference. The knots have gone down significantly and the rash isn't itching. I don't think you can treat this yourself, you can't.

Comment from: 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

I currently have a staph infection on my face, both on the right and the left. I am just 21 years of age and I feel as if I have had this infection forever, even though it has been only 6 months. When I first starting showing signs of this infection, I thought it was just acne, but then the bumps became more painful and bigger. I finally went to the Doctor and he prescribed antibiotics (cephalixin) to treat the infection. I have only been on it for a week and it seems to be working. I just hope my face isn't permanently scarred.

Comment from: Sore foot, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 11

If you mince up the whole lemon and eat that over a couple of days, for a long time your staph will go away and not return.

Comment from: jessica, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 02

I got staph infection in the bone. I tried many drugs, finally Augmentin took fever and infection away.

Comment from: the cure for staph, Male (Caregiver) Published: May 12

I researched some stuff and I believe garlic is the key for staph infection. I have what is called staph infection, and it's been about two weeks. I will definitely try this method and keep you posted.

Comment from: Diana, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 09

I had staph infection twice once when I was 19 on my breast and if started like a if it was a zit didn't pay much attention to it until it got big and along with that I had a fever and once gone to the dr I got it taken care of I thought then last November I got it again on the same breast and since I had just return from a trip from a third world country. I thought it was just a mosquito bite but a couple of days later it grew to about half of my breast and it came back along with high fevers so I went to the ER and I got antibiotics but because of the size of it I had to have a small surgery to get rid of it, it was a long process of over a month to get healed and now any bump that I have in that same area i get it checked out to make sure is not that because staph is so painful, and been so young I feel like its hard to deal with this type of virus!

Comment from: Penny, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 15

For the past 10 years, I have endured a staph infection. It got so bad that I experienced painful pus-filled boils daily. They are in my armpits and thighs. It caused me to lose my job due to the amount of sick days I took. I have not been intimate with my partner for years. It's ruining my life. All the doctor does is prescribe antibiotics that don't work. I am only 28.

Published: July 09

My symptoms lasted several months before physician knew what it was. We tried antibiotic after antibiotic and nothing helped. I had several painful boils come up on my right and left that had to be drained. Which was very painful. I also had a boil appear on the back of my right ankle. It was so painful that I could not walk. I was on some serious paid killers and my physician finally admitted me to the hospital. I was given IV antibiotics and potassium along with the paid medication that I was on. I guess that I was one of the lucky ones that it didn't affect to seriously. However, since my illness, my life has not been the same. I am prone to being more tired and my muscles and bones will ache for no special reason. My advice to anyone who thinks they may have this disease to seek treatment immediately! MY advise to anyone who thinks they may have this disease to seek treatment immediately!!!!!!!!!

Published: July 09

My boyfriend, who is 22, got his first infection when he was 21 on his right knee. It got so bad that he had to be rushed to the hospital. Then a month later he got his second one on his lower leg. He was told to wash or change his sheets every day or it could carry. A week later I ended up with Staff on my lower back. Couldn't it be transferred from towels and anything else staff touched?

Published: July 07

I have had staph infections reoccurring for roughly 6 years now. Mine appear on the inner thigh and lower back and buttocks. They appear in carbuncles. To help control these the best combination of things would be Panoxyl , Bactron Mupirocin (prescribed by your doctor) nasal ointment and topical cream. Use the topical cream on the areas where the infection is and this will in most cases prevent the need for it to be lanced and drained. Also, shower in very hot water and always use the anti-bacterial soap.

Published: July 07

I had open heart surgery for repair of the mitral valve. I was in the hospital 5 days. I was sent home with a staph infection. I started running temp of 104. I went to emergency in my home town. The doctor got on the ball. He lanced this, and my family watched him do this procedure. They said they never saw such a mess of puss, and it was terrible. I just today got off of the wound vac machine. I have suffered so much with this.

Published: July 07

My 12 month old recently got a scratch on his behind (he often scratched himself during diaper changes). A few days later I saw what looked like a bug bite next to the scratch. I wasn't too concerned until about two hours later this bug bite extended from his but to his hip. It was swollen, red and hot. I took him to his pediatrician who gave us an oral and topical antibiotic, took a culture, and told us to come back in 48 hrs. Within a day the swollen and hard area had extended so far on his leg that he could not walk. I sought a second opinion who admitted him to the hospital for IV antibiotics. He was discharged after two days and sent home w/ 10 days of oral antibiotics. The culture taken confirmed that the infection was staph. How long will my 12 month old have to take these antibiotics?

Published: July 02

I first had a hang nail get severely infected. I am a tradesman and usually heal quickly but have been going through severe stress lately so didn't think too much of it. But every cut and scrape got infected then got these 'pimples', 2-3 per day, that got very sore, swelled up, pussy, and infected. Fortunately, mostly on my hands and some on my arms and chest. I started taking oregano oil. I took 4-5 drops several times a day and using tea tree oil on the wounds. I also started taking an echinacea mixture, ginkgo biloba, and Golden Seal in the morning. Only got one more of these 'pimples' and the rest have improved; less sore, swelling subsided, and some have dried up and are healing. It has been 5 days since I started 'treating' this affliction.

Published: June 20

My 19 yr. old daughter has had 5 separate staph infections since she was junior in high school. We have no idea how she became infected, but the first infection appeared as a red bump on the side of her knee, which we thought at first was a mosquito bite. It became red and swollen, and then we became concerned it was a spider bite, so took her to the dr. who said no, it's a staph infection. The dr. had to lance it and clean the wound, and put her on antibiotics. Then we had to take her to the dr. every day for a week to have the wound cleaned and rebandaged. She had to be on antibiotics for a month. It finally cleared up. Then 6 months later she had another infection on her forearm, then a few months later one under her armpit, then a few months later another one on her leg. She has not had one for about a year, and suddenly now she has two areas of infection on her lower stomach. This time the dr. told us it was MRSA. The infection doesn't seem that bad, yet...but I can't help wondering how many more of these infections is she going to have before one of them kills her? She is only 19.

Published: June 19

My 13 year old Daughter died of what we later found out through Autopsy was Staphylococcus Aureus, She was fine at bedtime just a little diarrhea but no fever, and less than 2 hours later she was Dead with a body temp of 106 degrees. In less than 2 hours it ravaged her Organs causing Massive Organ failure and brain Death. Ultimately her heart stopped and she was gone! They said there was nothing anyone could have done it was so quick.

Published: June 19

I have been dealing with staff for about three years. I get boils from them that are very painful and swell. I have seen five different physicians (same family practice). I tried to just ignore the boils and deal with them at first, but I found that I would get one after another. If I take an antibiotic, I only get one then after a couple of weeks to months I get another one. The most affective treatment I have had is an antibiotic shot with oral antibiotics. One physician told me that it breeds in your nose and gave me prescription antibiotic cream to put on the sore and in my nose. The physician I saw today said that if I keep getting them then he didn't understand why I wanted an antibiotic if I was just going to get it again later. I don't really have an answer other than I would rather have one than three. The boils are incredibly painful and shoot stinging pains in the area that is infected when it is drained.

Published: June 18

My son is 20 yrs old and he's been infected with the staph infection twice. He was infected when he was in job corp. It started out as a bug bite on his arm, the nurses treated with ointment and some antibiotics. He was treated for about a week. Then the bite started looking like a boil and spread to his leg. My son started feeling feverish. We took him to the hospital; they had to minor surgery on his leg to remove all the infection out of his leg. The doctor told my son was ten minutes away from death. They put him in the hospital to feed him some more antibiotics. To make sure the infection was gone. But just last week, the infection came back. It's been about 6-7 months since the infection was gone. They are testing him for cancer.

Published: June 17

I developed a staph infection about a month after I gave birth. After several failed antibiotic attempts and several doctors telling me it was only allergies, it spread all over my body. I took antibiotics for three months until it cleared. Now six months later it has returned.

Published: June 17

My husband is going on a year and a half now with resistant Staph Aureus MRSA positive. He had a foot surgery and gauze was left in his foot, causing a Staph infection in the bone. After many surgeries and multiple antibiotics, he is still battling this infection. Most recently, the Staph infection has moved to his blood stream and he has developed a skin infection on his trunk and arms which peels somewhat like a sunburn.

Published: June 17

I got this nasty bug 6 months ago, It started out as a pimple behind my left knee. Didnt think much of it then just that it didn't want to go away. Three days later my left knee was swollen, both legs were swelling from the knee down, was pale like a ghost with a fever of 102. Saw the doc that morning. Thinking I had a bad cold or something. He saw the “pimple" with all the other symptoms, ran a test & told me I had MRSA. Took Levaquin 750mg for three weeks to get well. Then found out I got it again this morning, saw doc when the red spot showed up & right knee was swollen, he says I'll be on meds for 3 months. I just hope it can make it go away.

Published: June 17

I was diagnosed with MRSA after getting to large boils and my thigh. The doctor treated it with antibiotics and it went away. Not more than a couple weeks later I could feel another boil starting to form, so I went back to the Dr and they again started me on antibiotics, the boil subsided. Then two more returned, and since the Dr obviously wasn't "curing" the problem, I started treating it myself and have found decent results. As soon as I feel a boil forming I immediately put "refining mask" on it, it's made by Proactiv Solution. After a couple days the boil usually subsides without leaving permanent scars; however it does take a couple weeks for the dark mark deep under the skin to subside. I've also heard Tea Tree Leaf oil is being used to treat MRSA in Australia (which is an ingredient in the refining mask I use, I'm going to get some Tea Tree Leaf oil and just try using that as well. I've also heard good things about ingesting Turmeric (a plant/herb) will fight the infection from the inside (where MRSA is coming from). I wouldn't wait and leave it up to western medicine as it's mostly the cause of these "super bugs". I hope that helps anyone else suffering from this painful and humiliating infection.

Published: June 09

I had a mammoplasty 24 years ago. My left breast was so infected with Staph, which I thought it would literally fall off. It appeared to clear up after a year. Now some 24 years later, I suffer from chronic staph aureus, pseudomonas and fungal sinus infections. I go every 2 weeks to have my sinuses drained. At this stage my Specialist seems to ignoring the seriousness of my problem and affect is has on my life.

Published: June 06

I am a 13 year old girl that has been suffering with staph infection for 1 year now. It has protruded in my lips, arms, legs, and head. I don't know why I keep getting it. Medicine only makes the problem worse so i am left suffering and crying. It really is a painful feeling and when you get it you feel like you are in your last days of life. I still do not have a conclusion to my problem so every time I get I have to deal with it.

Published: June 03

I was diagnosed with my staph infection only after it had entered my blood stream and started to attack my spinal cord. I was left paralyzed as a result. I had to have emergency back surgery to remove the staph from my spine. After researching the disease afterward, I found that I may have had staph for years. I had incurable "dandruff" on my scalp, and I had white head type soars under my arm pits and in my groin area. I had seen a dermatologist a few times for my conditions and was given topical ointments that did not work. So I am putting this out to people so they can avoid what I have been through. Make sure you keep going back to the doctor and ask questions, get second opinions.

Published: June 02

My bout with MRSA lasted 10 months. I had MRSA which caused Osteomyelitis in my left hip. Vanco couldn't touch it. They finally gave me Synercid and it was gone in about 1 week. I still had trouble walking but in about 3 months everything was back to normal.

Published: June 02

My symptoms started after laporoscopic surgery I delveloped what I was told a skin yeast infection given a topical ointment and I would be fine three weeks later the infection near one of the portal inscisions healed, but I started feeling very ill. I could not keep food down or in, I then went to my family Dr. told him I was having severe pain, could not eat w/o getting physically ill, I was having terrible lower abdominal pain and I was tired, I just ached all over, he questioned if I had a drug problem, I wanted to scream. For the next month and a half I was on a strict regimine of bananas, jello, and some days I could tolerate toast, and water. Then I noticed a pimple on my face, I attempted to pop it with no luck the next day that area of my face was slightly swollen, being a holiday I just hot packed it, and could not get enough sleep. The following morning I awoke to half of my face swollen four times it actual size I could barely talked I again went to the Dr. Another physician in the office put me on antibiotics and refered me to a plastic surgeon to have the area lanced. I had it lanced and drain put in on wednesday and now four days later it is still there. I have carefully cleaned dressed and redressed the site numerous times everyday, I finally started to feel better and actually ate real food today with no stomach problems. However, I noticed another pimple inside my vaginal area and now I have an active infection there as well. I go tomorrow to hopefully have drain in my face removed and the vaginal area checked, I have been in contact with both Dr. today and they have already told me I may end up in the hospital.

Published: June 02

I have MRSA when the first symptoms started I thought I had a bad bug bite what was weird was their was tons of wolf spiders in my home at the time so was logical that I thought this it started on my arm 1 huge spot like a boil kind of but a big ole black spot in the middle I was sick very sick went to doctors my arm had swelled like a balloon and pus green pus was draining from it the doctor jumped back said it was staph and wrote me a prescription for antibiotics and said please leave rudely well didn't help I got sicker and my husband literately squeezed my arm causing me to be in intense pain but had to get the infection out some way I could not hear out of my ear and I continued to get this sores that looked like bug bites in different areas of my body until last year when I had an abscess as big as a football on the top inner part of my leg I almost died the did emergency surgery and I have been sick ever since I still have bug bite spots pops up a various times and have headaches now I have kidney problems and desperately wanting relief.

Published: May 28

My symptoms lasted for less than a week. After busting a pimple on the back of my neck on Monday night, I could not sleep Tuesday morning, so I went to the ER. On Wednesday, my neck and back of my head swelled enormously. And by Friday I had seen a surgeon and he immediately admmitted me to hospital for surgery.

Published: May 28

Well, first of all, I suffered at least a year and a half before I finally got diagnosed. My bumps started small but would get bigger, and I had to take care of them myself. They started on my face. Then went to my private area. I would go to the walk-in clinic on Friday afternoon and walk out with a prescription for antibiotics that didn't help. Finally, my family physician looked at two bumps that I had developed on each butt cheek, rubbing against each other. Immediately he said MRSA. I had done research on my symptoms and thought either MRSA or PCOS. I've been taking antibiotics for three weeks now and having been putting antibiotic ointment in my nose. Things are finally looking better. I finally have some energy (all I wanted to do was sleep) and generally feel better all together, but I will finish taking the antibiotics. I wish it had not gotten to the point it did, and why all these physician assistants didn't have a clue to what I had.

Published: May 28

My son been suffering with Staph for three years. It never really went away. It alwas comes back after he takes antibiotics.