Patient Comments: Spinal Cord Injury - Symptoms

What were the symptoms associated with your spinal cord injury? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: gigi and tomh, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 15

I have CSF (cerebrospinal fluid) leaking. They found a sac of fluid sitting on L4 L5 S1, and drained to the stomach with shunt. I got meningitis 4 weeks later and didn't know my own name. They transferred me to 3 hospitals, and I had major surgery next morning. Four weeks later I am leaking it faster and doctor says he does know how to fix and can't go in to do another surgery as I got MRSA on top of it after surgery. All are trying to find another neurosurgeon but none will touch me due to my doctor already doing the surgery, he has nothing for me but an appointment in 5 months. My leak is already at 9 cm, and I won't know who I am in 5 months, and the headaches are crippling. He said he can't give me any more Fioricet even though problem is worse than when it started.

Dementia Quiz