Patient Comments: Spinal Cord Injury - Causes

What was the cause of your spinal cord injury? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Olive, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 07

Whilst administering a spinal anesthetic, the anesthetist pushed the needle too far into my spine, at a level which was far too high to begin with. She was aiming for level L2 L3, she missed (using the landmark technique) and inserted the needle at the level T12 - L1 causing spinal cord injury.

Comment from: Bo, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: August 10

July 23 2015 I had a tumor that twisted my spinal cord. I am able to function, no loss to arms but cannot walk very well. I have no balance, super bad nerve pain. I take baclofen, gabapentin and ibuprofen but I am never free of pain. I believe if I didn't have that pain I would walk better. I also have trouble with throat muscles. Sometimes I can't swallow the pill, have to wait awhile! My doctor told me I am rare, I hit the lottery! Lucky me.

Comment from: cj, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 11

I started limping on my right side, found disc ruptured at C2. I was told spinal cord was damaged upon surgery. I am still weak on the right side.

Comment from: Nimrot, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 03

I was in an accident in July 2013 so my spinal cord was damaged, i.e. the L1 burst. So my lower back sensation is low and my foot is completely paralyzed.

Comment from: Jane, 19-24 Male (Caregiver) Published: February 15

I wonder why a fracture of T4 would cause a spinal cord injury at the T6 spinal segment.

Comment from: Brandi, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 15

I just had a tumor removed from my spinal cord (L2 - S4)....Neurotin and Lyrica does not work for me.....Tail bone and rectal pain spasms are horrible. Feels like I'm having a baby out my bottom....LOL. I thought Lyrica was for Diabetic pain....Are there meds for actual spinal cord trauma, also slight? Please please let me know some names!!!!!!! Thank you, Brandi

Dementia Quiz