- What other names is Spanish Origanum Oil known by?
- What is Spanish Origanum Oil?
- How does Spanish Origanum Oil work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Spanish Origanum Oil.
People apply Spanish origanum oil directly to the skin for burns and to prevent and treat infections.
In foods and beverages, Spanish origanum oil is used as a flavoring.
In manufacturing, it is used as a fragrance in soaps, cosmetics, and perfumes.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Burns, when applied to the skin.
- Preventing infections, when applied to the skin.
- Treating infections, when applied to the skin.
- Other conditions.
Special Precautions & Warnings:Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Spanish origanum oil is safe for pregnant and breast-feeding women in food amounts. But larger medicinal amounts should be avoided until more is known.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.