Patient Comments: Sore Throat - Experience

Please share your experience with sore throat. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: DrDebi, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 04

I had a low grade fever and sore throat, and dry but persistent cough for 3 to 4 days and no energy. I finally went to the hospital. After a 2 hour wait they said I didn't have strep, it was probably viral and would go away in a day or two. I didn't want to infect the rest of the clan so we came back from vacation two days ago and the sore throat is worse than ever. I can hardly swallow. I tried gargling with salt water but I can't even get my throat open enough to get a good gargle. I've lost my voice. I still have low grade temp (97.7). I don't want to go back to another doctor just to have them tell me it's viral, go home and wait it out. When I swallow I want to cry and I'm not generally a cry baby.

Comment from: 1231girlygirl, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 07

I just came back from the emergency room (ER) last night and got diagnosed with both a viral and bacterial pharyngitis.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter