Patient Comments: Snoring - Experience

Please describe your experience with snoring. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Aik, 0-2 Male (Caregiver) Published: October 09

I'm not positive but I think my husband breathes air in through his nose just fine, but something happens before exhalation. Then there is a gasp and a snort and his air comes bursting out of his mouth. It's like a flap blocks the natural passageway and there's a noisy redirecting of the air through his mouth. I think that's not typical snoring. I am trying to find what sort of snoring treatments might be appropriate.

Comment from: Mkisses, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 25

My snoring is loud my boyfriend can hear it. I sleep with my mouth open but I also have muscle weakness and wanting to sleep a lot during the day. I feel very tired at work when I wake up. I also had a period where I was awake but snoring still. I also had a period where I woke up gasping for air and I have trouble wanting to get up in the morning and I still don't feel like I got a lot of rest when I do wake up in the morning.

Comment from: Sleepspecialist, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 24

I found that the SnoreMeds snoring mouthpiece helped with snoring and light obstructive sleep apnea and they also sell one for women.

Comment from: Gg, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 14

Sometimes I wake myself up snoring. My husband works nights and I work days, so we don't sleep together more than once or twice a week. But last time we did, about a week ago, he told me I'd kept him awake with my snoring, but I didn't remember.

Comment from: Becario, Male (Caregiver) Published: May 02

I've been using the Duo Confort anti snoring mouthpiece for a while now, and it works perfect!

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Depression Newsletter