Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Smoking Quiz: How to Quit Smoking
You know it's time you quit smoking. Learn the myths and facts about quitting smoking with the Smoking Quiz. When it comes to...
Slideshow: Lung Cancer Risks: Myths and Facts
Learn about lung cancer myths and facts. Explore how cigar smoke, menthol, and pollution can increase your risk of lung cancer...
Related Disease Conditions
Pregnancy (Week By Week, Trimesters)
Signs and symptoms of pregnancy vary by stage (trimester). The earliest pregnancy symptom is typically a missed period, but...
PMS vs. Pregnancy (Differences and Similarities)
Many women have difficulty figuring out if they are pregnant, have PMS, or are about to start their period. The most common signs...
Early Pregnancy Symptoms and Signs
Pregnancy symptoms can vary from woman to woman, and not all women experience the same symptoms. When women do experience...
Heartburn (Acid Reflux)
Heartburn is a burning sensation experienced from acid reflux (GERD). Symptoms of heartburn include chest pain, burning in...
Pregnancy and Heartburn
Heartburn during pregnancy is quite common. During pregnancy the lower esophageal sphincter muscle becomes weakened , which...
Snoring (Causes, Aids, Remedies, Solutions)
Snoring, like all other sounds, is caused by vibrations that cause particles in the air to form sound waves. While we are asleep,...
Healthy Living and Disease Prevention
The importance of a healthy lifestyle in disease prevention is widely understood and most people know that lifestyle changes and...
Larynx Cancer (Throat Cancer)
Symptoms of cancer of the larynx, the organ at the front of the neck, include hoarseness, a lump in the neck, sore throat, cough,...
Interstitial Pneumonitis (Interstitial Lung Disease)
Interstitial lung disease refers to a variety of diseased that thicken the tissue between the lungs' air sacks. Viruses,...
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
The cause of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) is unknown. The risk of SIDS peaks in infants 2-4 months of age. SIDS is more...
Preeclampsia and Eclampsia
Preeclampsia is a condition in pregnant women marked by high blood pressure and a high level of protein in the urine. Eclampsia...
Miscarriage is the medical term for the spontaneous loss of pregnancy from conception to 20 weeks gestation. Risk factors for a...
Pregnancy planning is an important step in preparation for starting or expanding a family. Planning for a pregnancy includes:...
Atrial flutter is a problem with the atria of the heart. In atrial flutter the atria of the heart rapidly and repeatedly beat...
Smoker's Lung: Pathology Photo Essay
Smoker's lung photo essay is a collection of pictures and microscopic slides of lung disease caused by cigarette smoking....
Frostbite (Cold Weather-Related Injuries)
There are two categories to cold weather-related injuries. 1) no freezing of body tissue (trench foot and chilblains), and 2)...
Smoking (How to Quit Smoking)
Smoking is an addiction. More than 430,000 deaths occur each year in the U.S. from smoking related illnesses. Secondhand smoke or...
Getting Pregnant (Tips for Trying to Conceive)
Trying to get conceive, or become pregnant can be challenging, frustrating, and an emotional rollercoaster for some couples. A...
Secondhand smoke can cause illness and disease in nonsmokers. Some of these conditions include lung cancer, heart disease,...
COPD vs. Emphysema (Differences Similarities)
COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) is the term doctors and other health care professionals use to describe a group of...
Smoking and Heart Disease
Smoking increases the risk of heart disease in women and men. Nicotine in cigarettes decrease oxygen to the heart, increases...
e-cigarettes are replaceable or refillable cartridges or containers that are smoke-able and hold a liquid that contains solvents,...
Pregnancy and Drugs (Prescription and OTC)
Taking prescription medications or over-the-counter drugs or supplements should be discussed with your doctor. There are some...
How to Stop Snoring
Snoring is caused by the vibrations of the soft tissues at the back of the nose and throat while a person sleeps. There are many...
Doula vs. Midwife (Differences between Care, Costs, & Duties)
A midwife and doula are not the same thing. A doula's job is to provide non-medical, emotional, and personal support to a...
Pregnancy Changes and Body Discomforts
Pregnancy can bring challenges like weight gain, stretch marks, varicose veins, heartburn, constipation,...
Smoking During Pregnancy - Secondhand Smoke
Were you exposed to secondhand smoke during your pregnancy? If so, what are your concerns?Post
Smoking During Pregnancy - Quitting
Please discuss your experience with quitting smoking before or during pregnancy.Post
Smoking During Pregnancy - Nicotine Replacement
Share your experience using nicotine replacement when you quit smoking during your pregnancy.Post
Local ResourcesFind a local Doctor in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- More Hardcore Smokers Trying to Kick the Habit
- 'Heat-Not-Burn Cigarettes' Aiming for U.S. Market
- Smoking on the Rise Among Pregnant Women With Depression
- Could Smoking in Pregnancy Affect a Grandkid's Autism Risk?
- Pot Smoking Common Among Pregnant Teens: Survey
- Tourette Threat Surges for Babies When Mom Smokes in Pregnancy
- Quitting Smoking While Pregnant: What Works
- Smoking in Pregnancy May Be Under-Reported
- Study Links Excess Pre-Pregnancy Weight, Smoking to Heavy Kids
- Smoking During Pregnancy Seems to Alter Fetal DNA, Study Finds
- Many U.S. Women Still Smoke Before, During Pregnancy: Report
- Mom-to-Be's Smoking Tied to Poorer Fitness in Sons
- E-Cigarettes May Pose a Risk in Pregnancy and to Children
- Fetal Faces Seem to React to Mom's Smoking
- Smoking During Pregnancy May Raise Diabetes Risk for Daughters: Study
- It Pays for Moms-to-Be to Stop Smoking
- More Kids Harmed by Drinking in Pregnancy Than Expected, Study Reports
- For Kids, Risks of Parental Smoking Persist Long-Term, Study Finds
- Clues to How Heavy Drinking in Pregnancy Harms Child's Brain
- Smoking While Pregnant Linked to ADHD in Children
- Health Tip: Quit Smoking, Especially While Pregnant
- Nicotine Patches Don't Help Pregnant Women Quit Smoking: Study
- Secondhand Smoke Linked to Miscarriage Risk
- Smoking in Pregnancy Tied to Later Nicotine Addiction in Daughters
- Infants Exposed to Smoking in Womb at Risk of Infections, Death: Study
- Smoking in Pregnancy May Be Tied to Bipolar Disorder in Adult Offspring: Study
- Smoking Plus Asthma in Pregnancy May Make for 'Dangerous Situation'
- Smoking During Pregnancy Tied to Behavior Issues in Kids
- For Pregnant Smokers, Vitamin C Might Help Babies' Lungs
- Smoking in Pregnancy Tied to Poor Reading Skills in Kids: Study
- Smoking During Pregnancy Tied to Extra Weight in Kids
- Secondhand Smoke in Pregnancy Seems to Harm Baby, Too
- Gestational Diabetes, Poverty Linked to ADHD
- Teen Obesity Linked to Mom's Smoking in Pregnancy: Study
- Mom's Smoking Tied to Dangerous Gut Illness in Preemies
- Health Tip: Secondhand Smoke is Dangerous
- Teens Whose Moms Smoked While Pregnant May Have Worse Asthma
- Cigarette Tax Hikes Curb Smoking in Pregnancy: Study
- States Use Only Fraction of Tobacco Revenues to Fight Smoking, Study Finds
- About 20% of White Women Smoke While Pregnant
- Prenatal Smoking Linked to High-Functioning Autism in Kids
- Smoke Exposure Late in Pregnancy Might Boost Baby's Eczema Risk
- Nicotine Patches Fail Most Pregnant Smokers
- Mom's Nicotine Patch May Raise Baby's Risk for Colic
- Smoking During Pregnancy Not Linked to Autism
- Smoking During Pregnancy May Damage Children's Blood Vessels
- Health Tip: The Risks of Smoking While Pregnant
- Secondhand Smoke Raises Stillbirth Risk
- Study Finds Smoking Linked to Breast Cancer Risk
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Men's Health Newsletter