Smoking is an addiction. More than 430,000 deaths occur each year in the U.S. from smoking related illnesses. Secondhand smoke or "passive smoke" also harm family members, coworkers, and others around smokers. There are a number of techniques available to assist people who want to quit smoking. Read more: Smoking (How to Quit Smoking) Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Heart Disease: Causes of a Heart Attack
Learn about heart disease and heart attack symptoms and signs of a heart attack in men and women. Read about heart disease...
How Diabetes Can Affect Your Feet
Learn more about diabetes related foot problems. For people with diabetes, too much glucose in the blood can cause serious foot...
Heart Disease: Symptoms, Signs, and Causes
What is heart disease (coronary artery disease)? Learn about the causes of heart disease. Symptoms of heart disease include chest...
Lung Cancer Symptoms, Stages, Treatment
Learn about lung cancer symptoms and treatments. Get more information on small cell lung cancer, non-small cell lung cancer, and...
25 Effects of Smoking on Your Looks and Life
What are the effects of smoking tobacco? Besides and increased risk of smoking related diseases, smoking can affect your looks...
Smoking Quiz: How to Quit Smoking
You know it's time you quit smoking. Learn the myths and facts about quitting smoking with the Smoking Quiz. When it comes to...
Health Screening Tests Every Woman Needs
What is a health screening? Why is it important to know your blood pressure? How long will your health screening take? Learn...
What Causes You to Sweat? Hidrosis and Hyperhidrosis
What makes you sweat (hidrosis)? Excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis) has many potential causes, including spicy food, smoking,...
Picture of Lung Cancer
Cancer of the lung, like all cancers, results from an abnormality in the body's basic unit of life, the cell. See a picture of...
COPD Foods to Boost Your Health - COPD Diet Tips
Boost your energy and combat COPD with these diet tips. Which foods can help patients with COPD? Which foods to avoid for COPD?...
Lung Cancer Risks: Myths and Facts
Learn about lung cancer myths and facts. Explore how cigar smoke, menthol, and pollution can increase your risk of lung cancer...
How to Quit Smoking: 13 Tips to End Addiction
One of the best ways to improve your health is to quit smoking. These practical tips to help you quit smoking have been shown to...
How to Prevent the Common Cold
The common cold is arguably the most common human illness. Learn how long the common cold lasts, treatment for the common cold...
Effects of Secondhand Smoke: Facts
The effects of secondhand smoke can be hazardous to your health. Secondhand smoke can lead to lung cancer, heart disease, and...
Easy Skin Care Tips for Guys
Guys, want some great skin care tips? Looking good doesn’t have to take hours. Learn how to shave without razor bumps, solutions...
Gastric (Stomach) Cancer: Types, Causes, Symptoms, Treatment
What are the common signs and symptoms of stomach cancer? Learn about gastric cancer diagnosis, treatment, and their risks, how...
Head and Neck Cancers: Symptoms and Treatments
Head and neck cancers include cancers of the throat, lips, nose, mouth, larynx, and salivary glands. They are more likely to...
How to Quit Smoking Without Weight Gain
Learn how to avoid weight gain while quitting smoking. Explore what causes weight gain after quitting smoking. See lifestyle...
Related Disease Conditions
Canker Sores (Causes, Home Remedies, Treatment, and Prevention)
Canker sores are a common complaint, and are small ulcers on the inside of the mouth. Canker sores aren't contagious (as opposed...
Bacterial vaginosis is an abnormal vaginal condition with signs and symptoms of vaginal discharge, vaginal odor, and...
Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) Symptoms, Stages, and Prognosis
Congestive heart failure (CHF) refers to a condition in which the heart loses the ability to function properly. Heart disease,...
Thrush (Oral Candidiasis)
Thrush is an infection of the mouth caused by the Candida fungus. Symptoms of Thrush include pain or difficulty swallowing, a...
Headaches can be divided into two categories: primary headaches and secondary headaches. Migraine headaches, tension headaches,...
Sore Throat Home Remedies (Soothe, Pain Relief)
Natural and home remedies for sore throat symptoms and pain relief include essential oils, licorice gargles, slippery elm...
Pregnancy (Week By Week, Trimesters)
Signs and symptoms of pregnancy vary by stage (trimester). The earliest pregnancy symptom is typically a missed period, but...
Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)
A urinary tract infection (UTI) is an infection of the bladder, kidneys, ureters, or urethra. E. coli, a type of bacteria that...
Chronic Rhinitis and Post-Nasal Drip (Symptoms, Treatment)
Chronic rhinitis and post-nasal drip symptoms include an itchy, runny nose, sneezing, itchy ears, eyes, and throat. Seasonal...
Hiccups (Causes, Cures, Remedies, and Medicine)
Hiccups are a sudden, involuntary contraction of the diaphragm muscle. In general hiccups are just a temporary condition. Some of...
Polycythemia (High Red Blood Cell Count)
Polycythemia (elevated red blood cell count) is a rare blood disease in which the body produces too many red blood cells....
Ectopic Pregnancy (Symptoms, Signs, Treatment)
An ectopic pregnancy is a pregnancy located outside the inner lining of the uterus. The majority of ectopic pregnancies occur in...
Rosacea is a skin disease that causes redness of the forehead, chin, and lower half of the nose. In addition to inflammation of...
Lung cancer kills more men and women than any other form of cancer. Eight out of 10 lung cancers are due to tobacco smoke. Lung...
Migraine headache is a type of headache associated with a sensitivity to light, smells, or sounds, eye pain, severe pounding on...
Heartburn (Acid Reflux) Symptoms, Relief Medicine, Cures
Heartburn is a burning sensation experienced from acid reflux (GERD). Symptoms of heartburn include chest pain, burning in the...
Peripheral Vascular Disease (PVD Symptoms, Signs, Causes, Treatments)
Peripheral vascular disease (PVD) refers to diseases of the blood vessels (arteries and veins) located outside the heart and...
A dry socket is a potential complication that can occur when a blood clot in the gums becomes dislodged after a tooth extraction....
Laryngitis is an inflammation of the voice box (vocal cords). The most common cause of acute laryngitis is infection, which...
Learn about osteoporosis, a condition characterized by the loss of bone density, which leads to an increased risk of bone...
Eustachian Tube Problems (Ear Tube Dysfunction, Blockage)
The Eustachian tube is a membrane lined tube that connects the middle ear space to the back of the nose. Symptoms of Eustachian...
Restless Leg Syndrome (Symptoms, Causes, Treatment Medications, Home Remedies)
Restless leg syndrome (RLS) is a common cause for painful legs that typically eases with motion, and becomes worse and more...
Swollen Ankles and Swollen Feet
Swollen ankles and swollen feet is a symptom of an underlying disease or condition such as edema, medications, pregnancy,...
Sinus Headache Pain, Symptoms, Treatments, Remedies, and Cures
Sinus headache is caused by a sinus infection or inflammation of the sinus cavities. Symptoms of a sinus headache include pain,...
Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT, Blood Clot in the Legs)
Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) is a blood clot in the deep veins, and can be caused by broken bones, trauma to a limb, immobility,...
Stroke (Signs, Symptoms, Warning Signs)
A stroke is an interruption of the blood supply to part of the brain caused by either a blood clot (ischemic) or bleeding...
Pneumonia is inflammation of the lungs caused by fungi, bacteria, or viruses. Symptoms and signs include cough, fever, shortness...
Why Am I So Bloated?
Bloating is a feeling that your abdomen is distended or larger than normal, but it does not necessarily mean that it is. Gas...
There are a variety of diseases and conditions that can cause tongue problems, discoloration, and soreness. Though most tongue...
Peptic Ulcer (Stomach Ulcer)
Peptic or stomach ulcers are ulcers are an ulcer in the lining of the stomach, duodenum, or esophagus. Ulcer formation is related...
19 Tips on How to Stop a Cough
Coughing is a reflex that helps a person clear their airways of irritants. There are many causes of an excessive or severe...
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Symptoms, Diet, Treatment, and Test
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a GI (gastrointestinal) disorder with signs and symptoms of: Abdominal...
Osteopenia is a bone condition characterized by bone loss that is not as severe as in osteoporosis. Bone fracture is the typical...
Esophagitis is caused by an infection or irritation of the esophagus. Infections that cause esophagitis include candida yeast...
Heart disease (coronary artery disease) occurs when plaque builds up in the coronary arteries, the vessels that supply blood to...
Hoarseness (abnormal deep, harsh, raspy voice) is caused by a variety of conditions in which the larynx (voice box and vocal...
Raynaud's phenomenon is characterized by a pale-blue-red sequence of color changes of the digits, most commonly after exposure to...
Insulin resistance is the diminished ability of cells to respond to the action of insulin in transporting glucose (sugar) from...
Indigestion (Dyspepsia, Upset Stomach Pain) Symptoms, Relief Remedies, Medicine
Indigestion (dyspepsia) can be caused by diseases or conditions that involve the gastrointestinal (GI) tract, and also by some...
Gum disease is caused by plaque and may result in tooth loss without proper treatment. Symptoms and signs of gum disease...
Blood clots can occur in the venous and arterial vascular system. Blood clots can form in the heart, legs, arteries, veins,...
Pancreatic cancer is a malignant tumor of the pancreas. Pancreatic cancer has been called a "silent" disease because early...
Dry Mouth (Xerostomia)
Dry mouth is a common side effect of many prescription and non-prescription drugs and certain medical conditions. Symptoms of dry...
Cystic acne is distinguised by painful nodules on the chest, face, neck, and back. This formo of acne is known to scar. Treatment...
Phlebitis is the inflammation of a vein. Thrombophlebitis is when a blood clot causes the inflammation. Phlebitis can be...
Healthy Living and Disease Prevention
The importance of a healthy lifestyle in disease prevention is widely understood and most people know that lifestyle changes and...
Snoring (Causes, Aids, Remedies, Solutions)
Snoring, like all other sounds, is caused by vibrations that cause particles in the air to form sound waves. While we are asleep,...
Burning Mouth Syndrome (BMS)
Burning mouth syndrome (BMS) is a condition that causes pain in the mouth. BMS may be caused by menopause, dry mouth or...
Gum problems may be caused by improper brushing and flossing, gum disease, canker sores, treatments and hormonal changes....
Bronchitis (Acute) Symptoms, Causes, Treatment Remedies, and Cures
Bronchitis is inflammation of the airways in the lung. Acute bronchitis is is short in duration (10 to 20 days) in comparison...
Esophageal cancer is a disease in which malignant cells form in the esophagus. Risk factors of cancer of the esophagus include...
Cluster Headache (Symptoms, Causes, Treatment Relief, Cures)
Cluster headache is a type of headache that recurs over a period of time. There are episodes that last one to three times a...
A toothache is a pain on or around a tooth. It may be caused by a variety of things from a cavity, abscess, or even sinusitis....
Premature Ventricular Contractions (PVCs, PVC)
Premature ventricular contractions (PVCs, PVC) are premature heartbeats originating from the ventricles of the heart. PVCs are...
Intermittent claudication, or pain and cramping in the lower leg is caused by inadequate blood flow to the leg muscles. This lack...
Anxiety is a feeling of apprehension and fear characterized by symptoms such as trouble concentrating, headaches, sleep problems,...
Angina (Symptoms, Causes, Types, Diagnosis, and Treatment)
Angina is chest pain due to inadequate blood supply to the heart. Angina symptoms may include chest tightness, burning,...
Treatment for bladder cancer depends on the stage of the disease, the grade of the tumor, and the type of bladder cancer. Options...
Bile Duct Cancer (Cholangiocarcinoma)
Bile duct cancer (cholangiocarcinoma) is a rare type of cancer that arises from cells that line the drainage system from the...
Head and Neck Cancer
Head and neck cancer is cancer of the oral cavity, salivary glands, paranasal sinuses and nasal cavity, pharynx, larynx, or lymph...
Chest pain is a common complaint by a patient in the ER. Causes of chest pain include broken or bruised ribs, pleurisy,...
Get the latest marijuana statistics and information. Learn its effects and how this drug, also known as pot, affects the brain....
Gangrene may result when blood flow to a tissue is lost or not adequate to keep the tissue alive. There are two types of...
Palpitations (Causes and Symptoms)
Palpitations are uncomfortable sensations of the heart beating hard, rapidly, or irregularly. Some types of palpitations are...
Chronic Bronchitis (Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, Remedies)
Chronic bronchitis is a cough that occurs daily with production of sputum that lasts for at least three months, two years in a...
Cough (Chronic, Persistent Cough in Adults and Children)
Chronic cough is a cough that does not go away and is generally a symptom of another disorder such as asthma, allergic...
Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is a disease that gradually destroys the central vision. In people over 60, AMD is a...
Chewing Tobacco (Smokeless Tobacco, Snuff)
Chewing tobacco (snuff or smokeless tobacco) has more nicotine absorbed into the system than by smoking a cigarette. Chewing...
Barrett's esophagus occurs as a complication of chronic gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), primarily in white males. GERD...
Bad breath can result from poor oral hygiene habits and may be a sign of other health problems. Bad breath, also called...
Heart attack happens when a blood clot completely obstructs a coronary artery supplying blood to the heart muscle. A heart attack...
The main features of metabolic syndrome include insulin resistance, hypertension (high blood pressure), cholesterol...
Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA, Mini-Stroke)
When a portion of the brain loses blood supply, through a blood clot or embolus, a transient ischemic attack (TIA, mini-stroke)...
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (Symptoms, Repair, Surgery, Survival Rate)
Abdominal aortic aneurysm is a ballooning or widening of the main artery (the aorta) as it courses down through the abdomen. Most...
Larynx Cancer (Throat Cancer)
Symptoms of cancer of the larynx, the organ at the front of the neck, include hoarseness, a lump in the neck, sore throat, cough,...
Erectile Dysfunction (ED, Impotence)
Erectile dysfunction (ED, impotence) is the failure to achieve or maintain an erection. There are many potential underlying...
Dry eyes are caused by an imbalance in the tear-flow system of the eye, but also can be caused by the drying out of the tear...
Interstitial Pneumonitis (Interstitial Lung Disease)
Interstitial lung disease refers to a variety of diseased that thicken the tissue between the lungs' air sacks. Viruses,...
Anal cancer, cancer located at the end of the large intestine, has symptoms that include anal or rectal bleeding, anal pain or...
Asthma is a condition in which hyperreactive airways constrict and result in symptoms like wheezing, coughing, and shortness of...
Reflux Laryngitis (Diet, Home Remedies, Medicine)
Reflux laryngitis is caused by acid refluxing back up through the esophagus and voice box. Reflux laryngitis causes irritation...
Signs and symptoms of penile cancer include a lump on the penis and redness, irritation, or a sore on the penis. Risk of penis...
Though the cause of stomach cancer is unknown, risk factors for stomach cancer include diet, H. pylori infection, smoking age,...
Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia (PSVT)
Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia (PSVT) is an abnormal conduction of electricity in particular areas of the heart. PSVT...
Fabry Disease (Symptoms and Life Expectancy)
Fabry disease (Fabry's disease, alpha-galactosidase-A) is a genetic disorder with symptoms such as burning sensations in...
The term oral cancer includes cancer of the mouth (oral cavity) and the back of the mouth (oropharynx). Red and white patches...
There are several types of kidney cancer, including renal cell cancer (renal adenocarcinoma or hypernephroma), transitional cell...
Bronchiectasis (Symptoms, Causes, Complications, Life Expectancy)
Bronchiectasis has three types, 1) cylindrical bronchiectasis, 2) saccular or varicose bronchiectasis, and 3) cystic...
Cystic fibrosis is a disease of the mucus and sweat glands. Cystic fibrosis is an inherited disease. The outcome of the disease...
Abnormal Heart Rhythms (Heart Rhythm Disorders)
Heart rhythm disorders vary from minor palpitations, premature atrial contractions (PACs), premature ventricular contractions...
Popcorn Lung (Bronchiolitis Obliterans Symptoms, Causes, Life Expectancy
Popcorn lung is a term for the lung disease bronchiolitis obliterans. Popcorn lung is caused by diacetyl and 2,3-pentanedione,...
Miscarriage is the medical term for the spontaneous loss of pregnancy from conception to 20 weeks gestation. Risk factors for a...
Labyrinthitis (Inner Ear Inflammation) Symptoms, Causes, Contagious, Treatment Cure
Labyrinthitis is inflammation of the labyrinth (the part of the ear responsible for balance and hearing). Doctors do not know...
Atrial Flutter (Symptoms, Causes, ECG, and Treatments)
Atrial flutter is a problem with the atria of the heart. In atrial flutter the atria of the heart rapidly and repeatedly beat...
COPD vs. Emphysema (Differences Similarities)
COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) is the term doctors and other health care professionals use to describe a group of...
A cataract is an eye disease that causes the eye's lens to become cloudy and opaque with decreased vision. Causes of cataracts...
Adult ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
About 2%-6% of adults have ADHD, a common behavioral problem. Symptoms include impulsivity, hyperactivity, and inattention....
Lung Anatomy (Structure and Function)
The lungs are primarily responsible for the exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide between the air we breathe and the blood....
Cancer Risk Factors
Though it's difficult to say why some people develop cancer while others don't, research shows that certain risk factors increase...
Vaping (e-Cigarettes, Side Effects, Dangers, Safety)
Vaping or e-cigarettes are smokable products that use refillable or replaceable cartridges or containers that contain a liquid...
Smoker's Lung: Pathology Photo Essay
Smoker's lung photo essay is a collection of pictures and microscopic slides of lung disease caused by cigarette smoking....
Aortic dissection is a small tear in the large blood vessel that leads from the heart and supplies blood to the body. There are...
Drug addiction is a chronic disease that causes drug-seeking behavior and drug use despite negative consequences to the user and...
Post-polio syndrome (PPS) is a group of signs and symptoms that show up two to four decades after the initial polio infection....
Alcohol and Teens
Alcohol is the most frequently used drug by American teenagers. Teens that drink are more likely to drive under the influence,...
Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer vs Small Cell Lung Cancer
Non-small cell lung cancers (NSCLC) consist of large cell carcinomas, adenocarcinomas, and squamous cell carcinomas. Small cell...
Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency (Symptoms, Treatment, Life Expectancy)
Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency (AATD) is an inherited disorder caused by mutations in the SERPINA1 gene. People with the...
ARDS (Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome)
Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) is a lung condition in which trauma to the lungs leads to inflammation of the lungs,...
Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, Life Expectancy)
Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis or IPF is a progressive lung disease. There is no known cause of IPF. Symptoms include shortness...
Thallium is a metal that can be found in small amounts in the soil. When thallium enters the environment through coal-burning or...
Renal Artery Stenosis
Renal artery stenosis is a narrowing of the diameter of the renal arteries. When the renal arteries narrow, the result is...
Insomnia (Symptoms, Causes, Remedies, and Cures)
Insomnia is the perception or complaint of inadequate or poor-quality sleep because of difficulty falling asleep; waking up...
Diabetes and Eye Problems
Diabetes and eye problems are generally caused by high blood sugar levels over an extended period of time. Types of eye problems...
Childhood ADD or ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in Children)
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) causes the following symptoms in children: excessive activity, problems...
Menstrual Cramps and Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) Medication Guide
Menstrual cramps and premenstrual syndrome (PMS) symptoms include abdominal cramping, bloating, a feeling of fullness, abdominal...
Teen Drug Abuse
Drugs commonly abused by teens include tobacco products, marijuana, cold medications, inhalants, depressants, stimulants,...
Asbestos (Exposure Dangers, Testing, Symptoms)
Asbestos is a mineral fiber that is found in soil and rock. Asbestos exposure occurs when asbestos fibers are disturbed and...
Heart Attacks in Women
Heart disease, particularly coronary artery disease is the leading cause of heart attacks. Women are more likely to die from a...
There are two types of asthma medications: long-term control with anti-inflammatory drugs and quick relief from bronchodilators....
Sick Building Syndrome
Multiple chemical sensitivity (MCS) or also referred to as sick building syndrome or environmental illness is the name given by...
Adult-onset asthma is asthma that is diagnosed in people over 20 years of age. Symptoms include wheezing, coughing, shortness of...
Children's health is focused on the well-being of children from conception through adolescence. There are many aspects of...
Gastroesophageal Junction Adenocarcinoma
Gastroesophageal junction adenocarcinoma is cancer that forms in the area where the esophagus joins the stomach. Having GERD and...
Stroke is the third leading killer in the United States. Some of the warning signs of stroke include sudden confusion, trouble...
Nicotine is delivered to the brain through smoking, chewing, or sniffing tobacco. Nicotine is an addictive agent. Common names...
Secondhand smoke can cause illness and disease in nonsmokers. Some of these conditions include lung cancer, heart disease,...
Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS)
Consuming alcohol during pregnancy may cause fetal alcohol syndrome, a group of conditions associated with mental, growth, and...
Porphyria is a group of disorders that affect the nervous system, skin, or both. Porphyria is often an inherited condition that...
Heart Attack Treatment
A heart attack involves damage or death of part of the heart muscle due to a blood clot. The aim of heart attack treatment is to...
Noise Induced Hearing Loss and Its Prevention
Noise-induced hearing loss may be an acoustic trauma, which causes temporary hearing loss, or it may be permanent due to an acute...
Asthma in Children
Asthma in children manifests with symptoms such as coughing and wheezing. Rates of asthma in children are increasing. Asthma in...
Dysthymia is a less severe form of chronic depression. Symptoms and signs include insomnia, suicidal thoughts, guilt, empty...
Heart Attack Pathology: Photo Essay
A heart attack is a layperson's term for a sudden blockage of a coronary artery. This photo essay includes graphics, pictures,...
Is Gingivitis Contagious?
Gingivitis is inflammation of the gums. Poor dental hygiene, stress, smoking, some medications, and a poor diet can cause...
Wrinkles, whether they be fine line or deep furrows, typically appear on areas of the body that receive a high amount of exposure...
How to Lower Your Cholesterol
Cholesterol is naturally produced by the body, and is a building block for cell membranes and hormones. Low-density lipoprotein...
Vitamins & Exercise: Heart Attack Prevention Series
Vitamins and exercise can lower your risk for heart attack and heart disease. Folic acid, vitamins, and homocysteine levels are...
Cleft Palate and Cleft Lip
Cleft palate and cleft lip are facial and oral defects that occur early in pregnancy. A cleft lip is a split of the two sides of...
Pregnancy and Drugs (Prescription and OTC)
Taking prescription medications or over-the-counter drugs or supplements should be discussed with your doctor. There are some...
Smoking and Heart Disease
Smoking increases the risk of heart disease in women and men. Nicotine in cigarettes decrease oxygen to the heart, increases...
How to Stop Snoring
Snoring is caused by the vibrations of the soft tissues at the back of the nose and throat while a person sleeps. There are many...
Heart Attack Prevention
Heart disease and heart attacks can be prevented by leading a healthy lifestyle with diet, exercise, and stress management....
Smoking During Pregnancy
Smoking during pregnancy increases the risk of miscarriage or stillbirth, low birth weight or premature birth, and more....
Weight Control and Smoking Cessation
One concern smokers have when considering quitting smoking is weight gain. Not everyone will gain weight when they stop smoking....
Colon Cancer Prevention
Colo-rectal cancer is both curable and preventable if it is detected early and completely removed before the cancerous cells...
Radon (A Citizen's Guide to Radon)
Radon is a radioactive gas that has been confirmed to cause cancers. About 21,000 individuals die each year due to radon...
Certain behavioral, lifestyle, and environmental factors contribute to cancer. Cancer prevention involves modifying these factors...
Occupational asthma is a type of asthma caused by exposure to a substance in the workplace. Symptoms and signs include wheezing,...
Endometrial Cancer Prevention
Endometrial cancer, or uterine cancer, affects the endometrium of the uterus. It's the most common invasive cancer of the female...
Disease Prevention in Women
Disease prevention in women includes screening tests that are a basic part of prevention medicine. All screening tests are...
Juvenile Bone Health
Setting a good example for your children when it comes to diet and exercise will help them to make healthy decisions about...
Local ResourcesFind a local Internist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- C-Reactive Protein (CRP Test, Ranges, Symptoms, Treatment)
- Hemoglobin (Low and High Range Causes)
- Triglycerides (Tests and Lowering Your Triglyceride Levels)
- Homocysteine (Normal and Elevated Levels Blood Test)
- Cataract Surgery
- Carcinoembryonic Antigen
- Laser Resurfacing
- Breastfeeding (and Formula Feeding)
- Nebulizer for Asthma
- Shortness of Breath (Dyspnea)
- Bad Taste in the Mouth
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Sore Tongue
- Loss of Taste Sensation
- White Tongue
- Erectile Dysfunction (Impotence)
- Dark Circles Under the Eyes
- Missed Menstrual Period
- Bad Breath
- Runny Nose
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- How to Choose a Doctor
- Hairy Tongue
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Doctor: Checklist to Take To Your Doctor's Appointment
- Doctor: Getting the Most from Your Doctor's Appointment
- Smoking FAQs
- Macular Degeneration and Smoking
- Smoking - Nicotine Spray Gets FDA Approval
- Stop Smoking...Exercise!
- Public Health Enemies
- Cigar Smoking ... Heart & Lung Disease & Cancer
- Top 2 Prevention Measures - FREE
- Teens Smoking Less Butt . . .
- Sensitive to Smoke, Lung Cancer Gene
- Scotland Leads Britain in Banning Smoking
- Smoking: Piecemeal & Patchwork Plans to Stop
- Hypnosis In Medicine
- 10 Tips to Avoid Insomnia and Get a Good Night's Sleep
- Lung Cancer Signs and Symptoms
- Colds: 10 Tips to Prevent The Common Cold
- Heart Attack Prevention From a Doctor's Perspective
- Health: 8 Tips for Making and Keeping Healthy New Year's Resolutions
- Smoking Cessation: FREE Help
- Quit Smoking: A Novel Medication to Help Quit Smoking
- Facts About Thallium Poisoning
- Angina: Don't Take It Lightly
- 5 Surprising Facts About Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Natural Remedies for Erectile Dysfunction
- Smoking: Does Smoking Protect the Brain? - No
- Pancreatic Cancer, the Silent Disease
- Secondhand Smoke May Lower Children's IQ
- Emphysema Causes and Risk Factors
- High and Low Testosterone Levels in Men
- Bladder Cancer Causes, Symptoms, and Signs
- Heartburn: Carbonated Soda & Sleeping Pills Increase Nighttime Heartburn
Medications & Supplements
- bupropion (Wellbutrin, Wellbutrin SR, Wellbutrin XL, Zyban, Aplenzin, Fortivo XL, Zyban)
- Birth Control Pills (List of Oral Contraceptives and Side Effects)
- clonidine (Catapres, Catapres-TTS)
- bupropion sustained-release (smoking deterrent) - oral, Zyban
- Prenatal Vitamins (Side Effects and Types)
- Nicorette Gum (nicotine polacrilex, Nicorelief, Nicorette, Thrive)
- nicotine patch (Nicoderm CQ, Habitrol)
- varenicline, Chantix
- nicotine inhaler - oral, Nicotrol
- nicotine spray - nasal, Nicotrol NS
Prevention & Wellness
- E-Cigarettes, Nicotine Patch During Pregnancy May Hike SIDS Risk
- Did Legalization of Same-Sex Marriage Yield a Health Benefit?
- Smoking May Boost Irregular Heart Beat Risk
- Quitting Smoking? Even a Little Exercise Can Help You Stay Slim
- Yet Another Reason Why It's Hard to Stop Smoking
- Smoking Becoming a No-No on College Campuses
- More Evidence That Vaping May Help Some Smokers Quit
- U.S. Smoking Rate Hits All-Time Low
- Smoking and Diabetes Linked to Calcium Buildup in Brain
- Fewer U.S. Kids Use Tobacco, But Numbers Still Too High: Officials
- E-Cigarettes Don't Help Smokers Quit, But Cash Might
- Lung Cancer Rate Now Higher in Young Women Than Young Men
- Too Few Smokers Get Lifesaving Lung Cancer Tests
- Millions Try E-Cigarettes, But Many Stop
- More U.S. Parents Smoking Pot Around Kids
- Little 'Quit-Smoking' Help at U.S. Mental Health Centers
- 'Smoke-Free' Rooms Still Loaded With Smoke Residues, Study Finds
- Tobacco Companies Must Put New Warnings on Packaging, Court Says
- Take These 5 Steps to Live 10 Extra Years
- FDA Cracks Down on Youth Access to Juul E-Cigarettes
- Could Vaping Lead Teens to Pot Smoking?
- E-Cig Liquid Remains a Poisoning Danger to Young Kids
- As Younger Men's Smoking Rises, So Does Their Stroke Risk
- Smoking Puts Blacks at Higher Risk for Heart Failure
- Toxins in E-Cigarettes May Vary by Flavor
- Cigarette Tax Hike Could Ease Poverty for Millions Worldwide: Study
- No Heart Risk From Stop-Smoking Drugs Chantix and Zyban: Study
- Tiny Juul Device Getting U.S. Teens Hooked on Vaping
- Smokers' Diets Let Them Down, Too
- More Women Die of Lung Cancer in 2 U.S. 'Hot Spots'
- As Pot Smoking Rises, Users Might Also Turn to Cigarettes
- E-Cig Ads May Prompt Teens to Take Up Tobacco Too
- Health Groups Sue FDA to Speed Review of E-Cigarettes
- Do E-Cigs Really Help Smokers Quit?
- FDA Takes Aim at Flavored Tobacco
- Health Tip: Quit Smoking
- E-Cigarettes Doing More Harm Than Good: Study
- Hearing Loss Joins Long List of Smoking Harms
- Hookah Smoking Carries a Poisoning Risk
- Ban Menthols to Help Some Smokers Quit
- Smoking Bans May Not Rid Casinos of Smoke
- Kids Who Vape Face Toxin Dangers, Study Finds
- Nonsmokers Favor Extra Vacation Days to Match Smoke Breaks
- 1 in 14 Pregnant Women Still Smokes
- Toxic Metals Found in E-Cigarette Vapor
- Strong Tobacco Laws May Weed Out Vapers, Too
- Lung Cancer One of Many Reasons Not to Smoke
- Tobacco Kills, No Matter How It's Smoked: Study
- When One Teen Vapes, Others Often Follow
- Smoking Habit Tougher to Break for Some Americans
- Nicotine in E-Cigarettes Might Cause Cancers, Mouse Study Suggests
- Anti-Smoking Group With Tobacco Ties
- Struggling to Quit Smoking? Try These Tips
- FDA Panel Rejects Some Claims for 'Heat-not-Burn' Tobacco Device
- Only Smoke 1 Cigarette a Day? It Can Still Kill You
- E-Cigarettes: Both Good and Bad, Expert Panel Says
- Tobacco's Harms May Come Sooner Than Smokers Think
- The Pill Lowers Ovarian Cancer Risk, Even for Smokers
- U.S. Smoking Rate Falls, But 38 Million Still Light Up
- Restaurant Bans Have Big Impact on Smoking Rates
- Tobacco's Grip on U.S. Veterans
- Best Ways to Quit Smoking, Cut Your Lung Cancer Risk
- Health Tip: Want to Stop Smoking?
- How to Kick the Smoking Habit for Good
- Two Foods Could Help Ex-Smokers' Lungs Heal
- Stamping 'Smoking Kills' on Cigarettes May Keep Teens From the Habit
- More Teens Vaping as Smoking Declines; Pot Use Holds Steady
- Graphic Anti-Smoking Ads Can Backfire on Kids
- Tried to Quit But Still Smoking? Help's On the Way
- Smokers 10 Times More Likely to Use Pot Daily
- Local Smoke-Free Laws Tied to Fewer Lung Cancer Cases
- Health Tip: 11 Harmful Effects of Smoking
- Some Cigars Pack Bigger Nicotine Punch Than Cigarettes
- For Teens, Vaping Today May Lead to Smoking Tomorrow
- Face It: Drinking, Smoking Takes Toll on Looks
- Obamacare May Have Helped More Americans Quit Smoking
- New 'Heat-Not-Burn' Cigarettes Harm Blood Vessels: Study
- Commitment Is Key for Online Quit-Smoking Groups
- 1 in 5 Americans Still Uses Tobacco, Gov't. Reports
- Health Tip: Stop Smoking
- With Cigarettes Out of Favor, Many U.S. Teens Also Shun Pot
- Teen E-Cig Use May Lead to Regular Smoking
- High-Nicotine E-Cigs May Be Gateway to Smoking for Teens
- Oral Sex Plus Smoking a Cancer Danger for Men
- More Hardcore Smokers Trying to Kick the Habit
- 'Heat-Not-Burn Cigarettes' Aiming for U.S. Market
- Stroke Risk Factors Are Rising
- Can You 'Om' Your Way to a Healthy Heart?
- Heart-Lung Fitness Challenged in Early Full-Term Babies
- Health Tip: Keep Kids Safe From Fire and Heat
- Health Tip: Healthy Brain Suggestions
- HIV and Smoking a Lethal Combo for the Lungs
- Higher Cigarette Taxes May Mean Fewer Infant Deaths
- U.S. Cancer Death Rate Continues to Fall
- Which Single Behavior Best Prevents High Blood Pressure?
- Smoking, Poor Diet Lead Global Death Causes
- Do E-Cigarettes Damage Blood Vessels?
- Long-Acting Inhaler May Help in Early Stage COPD, Too
- Smoking Bans Help Kids Breathe Easier
- Health Tip: Diet and Activity May Help Prevent Cancer
- E-Cigs May Help Smokers Quit, But...
- Health Groups Demand 'R' Rating for Movies That Show Smoking
- Smoking Linked to Frailty in Seniors
- Could Common Vitamin Supplements Raise Lung Cancer Risk?
- Nearly 4 Million Worldwide Die Each Year From Asthma, COPD
- Smoking on the Rise Among Pregnant Women With Depression
- Kidney Disease May Boost Risk of Abnormal Heartbeat
- Midlife Behaviors May Affect Your Dementia Risk
- FDA Looks to Reduce Nicotine in Cigarettes
- More E-Cigarettes, Fewer Tobacco Smokers?
- Targeting 9 Risk Factors Could Prevent 1 in 3 Dementia Cases: Study
- Teens Keep Building Bone After They Stop Growing: Study
- Create Your Own Quit-Smoking Plan
- Quitting Smoking Can Bring Healthier Sinuses Years Later: Study
- Do Moms Who Smoke in Pregnancy Raise Their Odds for a Troubled Teen?
- Smoking On the Rise in Movies Aimed at Young: Study
- 'Simple 7' Steps Can Help Improve Blood Pressure in Blacks
- Severe Head Injury May Raise Dementia Risk Years Later
- Could a High IQ Mean a Longer Life?
- Elevated Protein Level Increases Blacks' Risk of Kidney Disease
- E-Cigarettes Lead to 'Real' Smoking by Teens: Review
- Health Tip: Want Healthier Lungs?
- Secondhand Smoke Still Plagues Some Cancer Survivors
- Raise the Smoking Age to 21? Most Kids Fine With That
- First Decline Seen in 'Vaping' Among U.S. Teens: CDC
- Many Young Americans Using Snuff, Chewing Tobacco
- Centenarians Often Healthier Than Younger Seniors: Study
- Just 10 Cigarettes During Pregnancy Can Harm Kids
- Marijuana May Make Your Gums Go to Pot
- Death Rate Drops for Americans Hospitalized With COPD
- Suicide Risk Quadruples After Lung Cancer Diagnosis
- Could 'Safer' Filtered Cigarettes Be More Deadly?
- Duterte Issues Strict Public Smoking Ban in Philippines
- Health Tip: Is Your Lifestyle Raising Blood Pressure?
- E-Cigarettes Linked to Bladder Cancer Risk
- What Harms the Young Heart Also Hurts the Brain Later
- Longevity in the U.S.: Location, Location, Location
- Just a 'Social Smoker'? Toll on Your Health Still High
- Babies Born Addicted to Opioids Often Struggle With Learning
- Too Many People Still Ignore Heart Attack Risks: Study
- Could Smoking in Pregnancy Affect a Grandkid's Autism Risk?
- College Now the Place to Try Pot: Study
- NYC to Raise Cigarette Prices to Highest in U.S.
- For the Young, Cigarettes Go Better With Booze Than Pot
- U.S. Navy Bans E-Cigarettes
- Pot Smoking Common Among Pregnant Teens: Survey
- Kids Can Pick Up Nicotine on Their Hands
- Another Downside to Unemployment: Stroke Risk?
- More Younger Americans Are Suffering Strokes: Study
- The Grayer His Hair, the Higher His Heart Risk?
- Smoking May Raise Risk of Complications After Joint Surgery
- Health Tip: Understanding Angina
- Most Americans Favor Larger Health Warnings on Cigarette Packs
- Smokers May Be Prone to Risks From Breast Cancer Radiation Therapy
- Most Remaining U.S. Smokers Are Poor, Less Educated
- Smoking Slows Recovery From Drug Abuse
- What You Need to Know About Cholesterol
- Most Cancers Caused by Random DNA Copying Errors
- Smoking Rates Drop After Global Tobacco Treaty
- Daily Glass of Beer, Wine Might Do a Heart Good
- Health Tip: Managing Metabolic Syndrome
- Smokers Prone to Problems After Joint Replacement: Study
- Health Tip: Treat Skin Well
- Many Smokers Switch to E-Cigs After Tobacco-Related Illness
- Smart Kids Prone to Dumb Choices on Pot, Booze
- Health Tip: Culprits Behind Stained Teeth
- Divorce May Shrink an Older Woman's Waistline…
- E-Cigs May Be 'Bridge' to Teens' Tobacco Use
- Smoke-Free Public Housing Cuts Secondhand Fumes
- E-Cigarettes May Be Less Toxic Than Tobacco, Study Suggests
- Too Few Current, Former Smokers Screened for Lung Cancer
- Sleep: The Great Motivator
- Small Study Links E-Cigarettes to Potential Heart Trouble
- Smoking Costs World $1.4 Trillion a Year in Disease, Lost Productivity
- 1 in 4 U.S. Adults, 1 in 10 Teens Use Tobacco
- Mental Health May Affect Chances Against Cancer
- U.S. Cancer Deaths Decline Over Three Decades
- Premature or Early Menopause More Likely in Women Without Kids: Study
- Health Tip: Stop Smoking!
- E-Cigarettes Not a Smoking Deterrent for Kids
- Could Grilled, Smoked Meats Lower Survival After Breast Cancer?
- Most Smokers With Mental Illness Want to Kick the Habit
- James Bond Has Kicked Butts, But His Co-Stars Haven't
- Rural Americans at Higher Risk of 5 Preventable Causes of Death: CDC
- Could Mom's Pre-Pregnancy Blood Pressure Predict Baby's Gender?
- 'Stress Ball' in Your Brain May Be Key to Heart Risks
- Lots of Red Meat May Be Tied to Gut Disorder in Men
- Tobacco Use Costs World 6 Million Lives, $1 Trillion Annually: Report
- Kids' Asthma Flareups Fall Off After No-Smoking Laws
- First Criminal Trial in Meningitis Outbreak Caused by Tainted Steroids
- No Evidence Prevagen Improves Memory: Government Lawsuit
- Health Tip: Protecting Your Health
- More Americans Questioning Safety of E-Cigarettes
- Resolve to Reduce Your Cancer Risk This Year
- Routine Checkup Should Assess Fitness, Too
- Many Poor Asthma Sufferers Stuck in Settings That Make Their Disease Worse
- Study Ties Alcohol Abuse to Increased Heart Risks
- Pot May Restrict Blood Flow to Brain: Study
- Men Don't Know About Risks to Fertility, Survey Finds
- Zika Fears, Opioid Abuse Crisis Top Health News for 2016
- Does Santa's Diet, Lifestyle Earn Him a Stocking Full of Coal?
- Is Season the Reason Why Heart Deaths Spike at Christmas?
- Health Tip: Preventing Tooth Discoloration
- Mothers of Kids With Severe Birth Defects May Have Shorter Lives: Study
- Teens May Not Heed Health Warnings on Cigars
- Nicotine in E-Cigs Can Trigger Lifelong Addiction in Kids: Docs
- Fewer Americans Under 70 Have Hearing Loss, Study Finds
- NYC 'Zombie' Outbreak Highlights Dangers of Synthetic Drug
- Where You Live May Determine How You Die
- Anti-Tobacco Efforts Lead to 53 Million Fewer Smokers Worldwide
- Most Teen Smokers Also Turn to Alcohol, Drugs, Study Finds
- Drug Use by U.S. Teens Drops to All-Time Low
- Loneliness May Sabotage Breast Cancer Survival: Study
- Could Regular Pot Smoking Harm Vision?
- Heart Rate Change When Standing Up Might Predict Older Adult's Death Risk
- What's in Tobacco Smoke? Many Americans Don't Know
- Yoga Called Good Medicine for High Blood Pressure
- E-Cigarettes a Threat to Young Americans' Health: U.S. Surgeon General
- Cigarettes Aren't Cool, California Teens Say
- Just 1 Cigarette a Day Can Be Deadly: Study
- Men More Likely to Use Marijuana Than Women, Study Finds
- Plastic Surgeons Urge Giving Up E-Cigs Before Procedure
- U.S. to Ban Smoking in Public Housing
- Smoking Raises Heart Attack Risk 8-Fold in People Under 50
- It's Never Too Late to Stop Smoking
- Does a Little Daily Drinking Really Help the Heart?
- Smoking Plus Diabetes a Very Deadly Mix
- Lifestyle, Stress May Play Role in Heart Rhythm Disorder
- Smoking May Hinder Kidney Disease Drugs
- E-Cigarettes Not Good to Gums, Study Finds
- Stressed Childhood Might Raise Risk for High Blood Pressure Later
- Migraine and Stroke Risk Linked Again
- Abdominal Aneurysm Risk Drops When Smokers Quit
- U.S. Heart Disease Rates Fell 20 Percent Since 1980s: Study
- Most Elderly Smokers Don't Use Anti-Smoking Meds After Heart Attack
- Heavy Smoking May Boost Blacks' Diabetes Risk
- DNA Isn't Destiny: Healthy Living Can Overcome Genes Linked to Heart Disease
- Fewer in U.S. Smoke, But Smoking's Death Toll Continues
- Can a Community's 'Well-Being' Help You Live Longer?
- E-Cigs Tied to More Frequent, Heavier Teen Tobacco Use
- Childhood Cancer Survivors Living Longer But Not Always Better
- Urine Samples May Yield Clues to Fetal Health
- Flavored E-Cigarettes May Entice Teens to Smoke: Study
- Graphic Cigarette Pack Labels May Cut U.S. Smoking Deaths
- Hypochondriacs May Worry Themselves Into Heart Trouble
- Smoking Wreaks Genetic Havoc on Lungs, Study Warns
- Heavy Drinking While Young May Mean Hefty Health Tab Later
- Does Living in Poor Neighborhood Up Stroke Risk?
- Health Tip: Coping With a Chronic Cough
- Clean Home May Help Keep Kids' Asthma in Check
- More American Adults Think E-Cigs as Harmful as Cigarettes: Survey
- Stressful Jobs With Little Control/Shorter Life Spans?
- 3 in 4 Teens Think E-Cigarettes Safer Than Tobacco: Survey
- Smoking Still Takes Big Toll in U.S. Cancer Deaths
- Many Teens Light Up to Lose Weight, Study Suggests
- Medical Marijuana Not a Lure for Kids: Study
- Survey: Doctor/Patient Disconnect on Cancer Prevention
- Many Adults Unaware That Using E-Cigarettes Can Hurt Kids
- Digestive Byproduct Tied to Meat Raises Risks for Some Heart Patients
- Even for Men at High Risk, Healthy Living May Help Prevent Colon Cancer
- Health Tip: Kick Off Exercise With a Support System
- Are Vegetarian Diets Heart-Healthier?
- Marijuana May Blunt Bone Health
- Mixed News on Drug Abuse Among Lesbian, Gay Americans
- 1 in 5 U.S. Young Adults Uses Hookah
- Smokeless Tobacco Product Tied to Higher Risk of Prostate Cancer Death
- Healthy Living May Mean More Healthy Years for Seniors
- Prenatal Factors May Raise Child's Risk for OCD
- U.S. Life Expectancy Lags Behind Other Wealthy Nations
- For Problem Drinkers, Experimental Drug Shows Promise
- FDA Sued Over Delay on Graphic Cigarette Warning Labels
- Brain Aneurysm: Lack of Awareness Can Cost Lives
- Smoking Bans May Keep Young Men From Heavy Smoking
- U.S. Smoking Rates Differ by County, Not Just State
- Your Biological Clock: Why Some Age Faster Than Others
- Secondhand Smoke More Insidious Than Thought
- Gastric Bypass May Bring Infant Nutrition Deficits
- Healthy Diet as Teen, Less Weight Gain as Adult
- Flavorings Boost Toxicity of E-Cigarettes in Lab Study
- Smoking Losing Its Cool With Kids, CDC Says
- Smoking Tied to Shorter Survival With ALS
- Smoking Leaves Lasting Marks on DNA: Study
- Annual Checkups Are Becoming Wellness Visits
- Tourette Threat Surges for Babies When Mom Smokes in Pregnancy
- Smokers' Perceptions May Play Role in Addiction
- Smoking Thickens Heart Wall, Leading to Heart Failure: Study
- Heart Docs: Never Expose Kids to Cigarette Smoke
- College Students Using More Pot, Fewer Opioids
- Smoking Linked to Higher Relapse Risk After Surgery for Crohn's
- More U.S. Adults Using Marijuana Than Ever
- Most Americans Don't Want Tobacco on Drug Store Shelves
- Many Teens 'Vaping' for Flavor, Not Nicotine
- Doctors Divided on Safety, Use of Electronic Cigarettes
- Fewer Cancer-Causing Chemicals in E-Cigs Than Regular Cigarettes: Study
- Smoking Bans in Affordable Housing Benefit All: Study
- This Key Neighborhood Factor May Help Smokers Quit
- Paying Smokers to Quit May Pay Off
- Quitting Smoking May Gain You Friends
- Sugary, High-Fat Western Diet Tied to Denser Breast Tissue
- Starting Monday, FDA Banning E-Cigarette Sales to Minors
- Why Teens Choose E-Cigarettes
- Smoking Rates Still High in Some Racial Groups, CDC Reports
- Blindness Biggest Fear for Many Americans
- Lots of Red Meat, an Earlier Grave?
- Pregnancy Problems More Likely With Baby Boys, Study Suggests
- What Happens When You're Hypnotized?
- Is Pot Harder on the Heart Than Tobacco?
- Quitting Smoking While Pregnant: What Works
- Lack of Fitness Second Only to Smoking as Predictor of Early Death: Study
- Later Start, Finish to Menstruation May Extend Women's Lives
- Women Smokers at Higher Risk for Brain Bleed
- Menopause: Not All Hot Flashes Are Created Equal
- Smoke Less, Drink Less?
- 9 Out of 10 Strokes Could Be Prevented, Study Finds
- 'Cool' Factor Often Spurs Teens to Try E-Cigarettes
- 1 in 5 Americans Uses a Tobacco Product
- Health Before a Stroke Is Big Predictor of Second Attack
- Do ADHD Medicines Boost Substance Abuse Risk?
- Apartment Dwellers More Likely to Smoke: CDC
- Heart Failure After Heart Attack Tied to Cancer Risk in Study
- Are E-Cigs Slowing Teen Anti-Smoking Push?
- Smoking in Pregnancy May Be Under-Reported
- Smoking May Hinder Common Breast Cancer Treatment
- Southern States Lagging in Tough Smoking Bans, CDC Says
- Many Male Docs May Overlook Female Heart Risks: Study
- Parkinson's Rates Rising Among American Men
- Depression Plagues Many With COPD
- Report Faulty Tobacco Products to FDA
- Heart Disease Down Among Over-40 Americans
- E-Cigarettes a Gateway to Smoking for Teens: Study
- Americans Living Longer and Better
- Teen Smoking Down, E-Cigarette Use Up
- Obesity Rates Rising Among Women: CDC
- Gruesome Cigarette Pack Images Seem to Help Some People Quit
- Base Quit-Smoking Day on Menstrual Cycle?
- 15.5 Million Americans Now Surviving Cancer: Report
- Most Smokers Don't Stick With E-Cigarettes
- Most Americans Support Rise in Legal Smoking Age
- Healthy Living May Offset Genetic Breast Cancer Risk
- Smoking Harms Black Americans' Kidneys, Study Suggests
- Pot While Pregnant May Raise Premature Birth Risk: Study
- Many Smokers Have COPD Symptoms, Without Diagnosis
- Why Heavy Drinking Seems to Boost Desire to Smoke More
- Devout Women May Enjoy Better Health
- Exercise May Cut Risk of 13 Cancers, Study Suggests
- Half of Heart Attacks Might Be 'Silent'
- Inactive Women May Face Higher Risk for Cervical Cancer
- Is Ovary Removal Tied to Colon Cancer Risk?
- Many COPD Patients Have Trouble Finding Care
- Stroke Hospitalization Down for Many in U.S.
- If 1 in 10 U.S. Smokers Quits, $63 Billion Saved
- What a Change in DEA's Pot Rules Might Mean for Medical Research
- Study Links Excess Pre-Pregnancy Weight, Smoking to Heavy Kids
- Health Tip: Are E-Cigarettes Safe?
- FDA Bans Underage E-Cigarette Sales
- Emergency Surgery Risky Business in Poor Countries
- Smog May Boost Risk for Several Cancers
- 'Freckle' Gene Might Make You Look Older
- Coffee, Wine Good for Healthy Gut, Sodas May Be Bad
- Night Shift Work May Be Tough on a Woman's Heart
- E-Cigarette Ads May Help Lure Teens to the Habit: Study
- No Link Between Anti-Smoking Drugs, Mental Health Issues: Study
- Study Ties Certain Mouth Germs to Pancreatic Cancer Risk
- FDA Launches Ad Campaign Against Chewing Tobacco
- No Drop in Teen Use of Tobacco Products, CDC Says, and E-Cigs May Be Why
- Diabetes Steals Years, Adds Disabilities
- Even Light Hookah Use May Cause Airway Problems
- Besides Your Lungs, Smoking May Harm Your Job Prospects, Paycheck
- Smoking Rates Stall Among Young Blacks
- Underweight or Obese Women Who Drink and Smoke May Have Higher Asthma Risk
- Your Income, Hometown May Be Key to Your Lifespan
- Predicting Longevity May Be Simpler Than Thought
- Study: Smoking Hikes Chances of Early Death for Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients
- A New Health Perk for Coffee Drinkers?
- Web Searches for E-Cigs Focus on Buying
- Waistline May Predict Heart Disease Better Than Weight
- Smoking During Pregnancy Seems to Alter Fetal DNA, Study Finds
- Great American Smokeout Stands Out Among 'Awareness Days'
- Smoking Triggers Big Changes in Mouth Bacteria, Study Finds
- CDC: Federal Anti-Smoking Campaign Still Paying Off
- Less Than 3 Percent of Americans Live a Healthy Lifestyle
- Heavy Pot Use Tied to Social, Money Troubles in Mid-Life
- U.S. Heart Disease Deaths Shifting South
- Genetic Tests May Not Change People's Unhealthy Ways
- 'Cold Turkey' May Work Best for Quitting Smoking
- Mom's Smoking May Put Kids at Higher Risk of COPD in Adulthood
- Optimistic Outlook May Boost Hispanics' Heart Health
- Health Tip: Smoking Can Affect Your Vision
- Healthier Arteries May Lower Dementia Risk in Old Age
- Graphic Cigarette Warnings May Target Brain's 'Quit Centers'
- Pot Habit Early in Life May Alter Brain, Study Suggests
- Add Neck Problems to Reasons Not to Smoke
- U.S. Internet Searches Highlight E-cig's Surging Popularity
- Stroke Risk May Be Greater for Certain Migraine Sufferers: Studies
- Smoking's Grip Adds to Misery of the Homeless
- Sticks, Not Carrots, May Work Best to Boost Employees' Health
- Many U.S. Women Still Smoke Before, During Pregnancy: Report
- National Smoking Bans Help Everyone, Especially Nonsmokers: Study
- Study Casts Doubt on Effectiveness of COPD Drug
- Chemical That Can Irritate Lungs Found in Flavored E-Cigarettes
- Mental Disorders Increasing for Younger Smokers
- Higher Fiber Intake May Improve Lung Function
- No Clear Winner Seen Among Stop-Smoking Aids in Study
- Smoking Lowers Breast Cancer Survival, Study Finds
- Teens Who 'Vape' May Be More Likely to Try Smoking, Too
- Free Nicotine Patches by Mail May Help Smokers Quit
- Teens Who Tan Indoors May Be More Likely to Smoke, Drink, Use Drugs: Study
- Candy-Flavored E-Cigarette Ads Appeal to Young: Study
- Teens' IQ Drop Can't Be Blamed Solely on Pot: Study
- E-cigarettes Don't Help Smokers Quit Tobacco: Study
- Health Warning Labels Might Help Parents Skip the Soda Aisle
- Health Tip: Help Keep Your Child From Smoking
- Half of U.S. Teens Exposed to Secondhand Smoke, CDC Says
- Organ Recipients at Raised Risk of Cancer Death, Study Finds
- High Ozone Levels Dangerous for Critically Ill: Study
- 1 in 10 Medicaid Recipients Gets Drugs to Quit Smoking
- Millions of Teens Exposed to E-Cigarette Ads: CDC
- Health Highlights: Jan. 3, 2016
- New Rules for Mammograms, Tanning Beds Top Health News of 2015
- Graphic Warnings on Cigarettes Help Smokers Consider Quitting
- U.S. Births Up, Teen and Preterm Deliveries Down: CDC
- Smoking Bans Beat Cigarette Taxes to Help Smokers Quit: Study
- Are British Teeth Really Worse Than American Teeth?
- Toothlessness a Clue to Deadly Heart Disease?
- Active, Passive Smoking Tied to Infertility, Early Menopause: Study
- High School Seniors Now More Likely to Smoke Pot Than Cigarettes: Survey
- Antidepressants in Pregnancy May Raise Autism Risk, Study Suggests
- Fewer Teens, Young Adults Driving After Drinking, Smoking Pot: Report
- Moderate Drinking May Benefit Early Stage Alzheimer's Patients
- Is Brain Wiring to Blame for Some Teens' Bad Behavior?
- Implanted Lung Valves Show Promise in Some Emphysema Patients
- Unhappiness Won't Kill You
- E-Cigarettes May Contain Chemicals Linked to Lung Disease
- Agricultural Pesticides May Affect Kids' Breathing
- Too Much TV While Younger May Hamper Middle-Aged Brain
- Health Tip: Who Gets Pneumonia?
- Could There Be a 'Quit-Smoking' Gene?
- SIDS Risk Depends on More Than 'Sleeping Environment'
- Powerful New Pot May Harm the Brain, Researchers Say
- Higher Cigarette Taxes Tied to Fewer Infant Deaths
- Health Tip: Easing the Discomfort of Bronchitis
- Don't Let Reflux Ruin Your Thanksgiving
- Hiding Tobacco Displays in Stores Might Lower Kids' Smoking Rates
- Tips on Making the 'Great American Smokeout' Work for You
- Here's Your Chance to Stop Smoking
- How to Keep Your Baby's Slumber Safe
- Teens, Parents Share E-Cigarette Concerns, Poll Finds
- U.S. Adult Smoking Rate Falls to New Low
- Smoking Common in Foreign Films, Study Finds
- Anti-Smoking Programs May Sometimes Backfire
- Too Much TV Linked to Leading Causes of Death
- E-Cigarette Use Highest Among Young Adults, U.S. Report Finds
- Death Rates From Major Illnesses Fall in U.S.
- Kids Drawn to 'Gateway' Flavored Tobacco Products, FDA Finds
- Raise Smoking Age to 21, U.S. Pediatricians Urge
- Secondhand Smoke in Infancy May Harm Kids' Teeth
- 'Green' Public Housing May Help Families Breathe Easier
- Fewer Teens Smoking Cigarettes, But Twice as Many Using Pot: CDC
- Obamacare Allows Tobacco Surcharge on Older Smokers
- Anti-Smoking Drug Chantix May Help Women Sooner Than Men
- Cigarettes May Sabotage Alcoholics' Recovery
- Secondhand Smoke Linked to Behavior Issues in Kids
- More Children, Teens Enticed to Smoke With Flavored Tobacco: CDC
- 'Low-Nicotine' Cigarettes May Help Smokers Quit
- Kids May Be More Likely to Get Asthma if Grandma Smoked While Pregnant: Study
- Medical Costs Soar for Smokers Who Develop Artery Disease
- Differences Found in Smokers, Nonsmokers Who Develop Lung Cancer
- 8 of 10 People in Addiction Treatment Smoke, Study Finds
- Not All Trans Fats Harm the Heart, German Study Contends
- Teens Copy Parents' Smoking: Study
- Most Smokers Haven't Considered Quitting
- Smoking Linked to Greater Risk for Type 2 Diabetes
- FDA Bans Sale of New R.J. Reynolds Cigarettes
- Fewer U.S. Teens Abusing Alcohol, Prescription Meds: Survey
- Trying E-Cigarettes May Lead to Smoking, Study Suggests
- Quitting Smoking After MS Diagnosis May Delay Disease Progression
- Anti-Tobacco Policies Cut Youth Smoking Rates: Study
- Obese Smokers Tend to Put on More Weight After Quitting
- Chewing Tobacco Kills More Than 250,000 People Each Year: Report
- More College Kids Smoke Pot Now Than Cigarettes, Survey Finds
- Secondhand Smoke in Pregnancy, Youth Tied to Irregular Heartbeat Years Later
- Naps May Do a Heart Good
- U.S. Smoking Rate Falls to 15 Percent: CDC
- Summer Is High Time for College Kids Trying Illegal Substances
- Many Young Adults Think Hookahs, E-Cigs Safer Than Cigarettes
- After Heart Attack, Quitting Smoking Boosts Mental Health, Quality of Life
- Pot Belly Linked to Heavy Smoking
- E-Cigs May Spur Teens to Try Smoking: Study
- Health Tip: Smoking Can Lead to Bone Injury
- Smoking, Early Menopause May Shorten Life Span: Study
- Liquid Nicotine From E-Cigs Poses Poison Danger to Kids
- Job Stress Might Make You Sick, Study Says
- Older Smokers With Migraines May Face Added Stroke Risk
- Low-Nicotine Cigarettes Won't Necessarily Help Smokers Stop
- Teens Using E-Cigs More Prone to Take Up Smoking: Study
- Many Cancer Survivors Who Smoke See Little Benefit to Quitting
- Well-Off, Active, Over 50? You May Be at Higher Risk for Problem Drinking
- Teen Drinking, Smoking on the Decline, U.S. Study Finds
- Many Young Women Taking Up 'Very Light' Smoking, Study Finds
- Lung Cancer Patients Who Quit Smoking Live Longer
- Secondhand Smoke Tied to Raised Stroke Risk in Study
- Alcohol, Pot Combo Impairs Driving More Than Either Alone
- Smoking Linked to Schizophrenia
- Less Education May Mean Shorter Lifespan, Study Suggests
- Smoking, Preterm Births Increase a Woman's Heart Disease Risk
- Most Americans Favor Raising Legal Smoking Age to 21: CDC
- Who's Most Likely to Get Addicted to Their Narcotic Painkiller?
- Keeping Fit May Halve Seniors' Heart Failure Risk
- Menopausal Women at Lower Heart Risk Than Men of Similar Age
- Flavored Cigarettes Still Popular Online Despite U.S. Ban
- Smoking Around Toddlers May Raise Their Obesity Risk
- As U.S. Smoking Rate Drops, Smokers More Likely to Quit: Study
- Lung Scans May Help Track Suspicious Masses, Study Says
- Teen Use of E-Cigarettes, Hookahs Way Up: Survey
- Millions of Smokers May Have Undiagnosed Lung Disease
- Health Tip: When Air Is Unhealthy
- Teens Unfamiliar With Harms of Pot, E-Cigs, Study Finds
- Many Parents Who Smoke Expose Kids to Fumes at Home
- Smoking Blamed for Half of Deaths From Major Cancers in People Over 35
- Can This Test Predict Your Risk of Dying by 2020?
- E-Cigarette Users Often Believe Devices Will Help Them Quit Tobacco
- Chantix Study Finds Little Evidence to Support Suicidal, Criminal Warnings
- Smokers May Need More Anesthesia, Painkillers for Surgery
- Average New Yorker Sits 7 Hours Each Day: Study
- Smokers May Be Less Likely to Vote
- Mediterranean Diet Tied to Lower Odds of Uterine Cancer
- Smoking Rates Continue to Drop in Many States: CDC
- Rural Poor Bear Higher Burden of COPD, Study Finds
- Secondhand Pot Smoke Can Give Bystanders Mild 'High'
- A Billion Smokers, 240 Million Alcohol Abusers Worldwide: Study
- Smoking Ups Risk of Complications From Urologic Cancers: Study
- Smoking Makes a Comeback in Georgia Bars, Restaurants
- Money May Convince Smokers to Quit
- Quitting Smoking Improves Angioplasty Outcome, Study Finds
- Some Smokers May Be 'Hardwired' to Succeed at Quitting
- Tips to Detect Early Warning Signs of Stroke
- Americans' Blood Triglyceride Levels Dropping: CDC
- Health Tip: Facing Emotions Without Cigarettes
- High-Protein Diet May Be Dangerous for Those at Risk of Heart Disease
- Many Aging Boomers Face Chronic Illness, But Death Rate Is Falling: CDC
- Many Women Unaware of Female-Specific Stroke Symptoms
- Expert Panel Unclear on Whether E-Cigarettes Help Smokers Quit
- Many Pregnant Women Think E-Cigarettes 'Safer' Than Regular Cigarettes
- Traumatic Life Events May Harm Women's Hearts, Study Suggests
- Quit Smoking at Any Age to Live Longer
- Health Tip: Smoking Affects Your Heart
- Cigars Pose Dangers Similar to Cigarettes
- Many Smokers Try to Quit After Cancer Diagnosis
- Gene Variation Could Spur Longer Smoking, Earlier Cancer
- E-Cigarette Use Triples Among U.S. Teens in 1 Year
- E-Cigarettes May Not Help Smokers Quit Tobacco, Study Finds
- Combat Deployment Just One Factor That May Cause Smoking
- 1 in 10 U.S. Teens Has Tried Hashish
- About 1 in 10 Kids Tries E-Cigarettes
- Weight-Control Myths Keep Many U.S. Women Smoking
- Boozing in Movies May Boost Teen Drinking
- Young Adults Respond to Graphic Cigarette Warnings
- Tobacco Smoke Strengthens 'Superbug,' Lab Research Finds
- Face Scans Show How Fast a Person Is Aging
- E-Cigs Tied to Drinking, Other Risky Teen Behaviors
- E-Cigarettes May Pose a Risk in Pregnancy and to Children
- Midlife Fitness May Be a Real Cancer Fighter for Men
- COPD Takes Big Toll on Employment, Mobility in U.S.
- CDC Launches New Round of Graphic Anti-Smoking Ads
- Could a Diet Help Shield You From Alzheimer's?
- Obesity, Smoking, Drinking, Depression: All Linked to Low Back Pain
- Fetal Faces Seem to React to Mom's Smoking
- Metals, Fungus Found in Colorado's Marijuana
- Secondhand Smoke May Put Kids at Risk for Heart Disease as Adults
- Smoking May Be Linked to Prostate Cancer's Return
- Colorado's Legal Pot Is Potent, and a Little Dirty
- Cancer Patients Who Smoke, Drink May Face Longer Feeding Tube Use
- Health Tip: Taking Care of Your Aging Skin
- Plain Packaging Laws Might Spur Smokers to Quit
- E-Cigarette Ads Linked to Tobacco Cravings
- Smokers Fare Worse After Heart Procedures, Study Finds
- Raise Legal Smoking Age to 21, U.S. Expert Panel Says
- Teens' Heavy Pot Smoking Tied to Memory Problems
- FDA Warns of Seizure, Alcohol Risk With Chantix
- Study Suggests Link Between Adult Diabetes, Exposure to Smoke in Womb
- 1 in 5 Preemies With Lung Disease Exposed to Secondhand Smoke
- 2 of 3 Smokers Will Die Early If They Don't Quit, Research Shows
- Health Tip: How Smoking Affects Your Heart
- Think Hookahs Filter Out Tobacco Toxins? Think Again
- What's in Your E-Cigarette?
- Chantix Linked to Higher Quit Rates in Certain Smokers: Study
- Graphic Images on Cigarette Labels Affect Smokers' Brains: Study
- Smoking During Pregnancy May Raise Diabetes Risk for Daughters: Study
- U.S. Smoking Deaths May Be Underestimated, Study Suggests
- Smokers May Get Less Benefit From Drugs for Arthritic Back Pain
- Smoking Tied to Higher Death Risk After Colon Cancer
- Health Tip: Ready to Quit Smoking?
- E-Cigarettes Seem to Dampen Immune Response in Mice
- 58 Million Americans Exposed to Secondhand Smoke: CDC
- Healthy Diet May Be Linked to Lower Risk of Lung Disease
- It Pays for Moms-to-Be to Stop Smoking
- Prostate Cancer Patients Who Smoke Fare Worse, Study Finds
- High Levels of Cancer-Linked Chemical in E-Cigarette Vapor, Study Finds
- Efforts to Curtail Tobacco Use Stalled in 2014, Report Says
- Want to Get Healthy? Get Your Partner Involved
- Smoking, Obesity: Weighing the Financial Toll
- An Optimistic Outlook May Be Good for Your Heart
- How Intense Efforts Boosted Heart Health for One Maine Community
- 'Metabolizer Test' Might Someday Take Guesswork Out of Quitting Smoking
- More Than 1 in 10 Use Daily Aspirin Inappropriately
- Many Teens Think 'Light Smoking' Is Safe, Study Finds
- Happy Childhood May Be Good for Your Heart
- Health Tip: What to Avoid During Pregnancy
- As Altitude Rises, Lung Cancer Rates Seem to Fall
- Study Suggests Link Between E-Cigarettes, Respiratory Infections
- Cancer Groups Urge More Regulation of E-Cigarettes
- About 1 in 7 Older Adults Has Some Form of Lung Disease: CDC
- Nearly Half of Older Adults With Asthma, COPD Still Smoke: CDC
- Could Quitting Smoking Be Easier for Women Just After Ovulation?
- More Evidence That Healthy Living Works Wonders for Women's Hearts
- Some Expert Tips to Help Smokers Finally Quit in 2015
- Random Mutations Responsible for About Two-Thirds of Cancer Risk: Study
- Ebola, Obamacare Top U.S. Health News for 2014
- How to Avoid a Smoking Relapse Over the Holidays
- ADHD May Raise Teens' Odds for Smoking, Drinking
- E-Cigarettes Less Addictive Than Regular Cigarettes, Study Finds
- Health Tip: 12 Ways to a Healthier Holiday
- Outreach Program May Help Poorer Smokers Quit
- E-Cigarette Use May Be Rising Among Teens
- Millions of U.S. Kids Still Can Buy 'Harmful' E-Cigarettes: CDC
- U.S. Taxpayers Burdened by Smoking-Related Ills
- Poor Sperm Quality May Signal Health Issues, Study Finds
- Cigarettes Cause One-Third of U.S. Cancer Deaths: Report
- Anti-Smoking Campaign Successful and Cost-Effective, CDC Says
- Hookah Use May Make Cigarette Habit More Likely in Teens
- Smoking Might Cost Men Their 'Y' Chromosome, Study Finds
- Hookahs Deliver Toxic Benzene in Every Puff, Study Shows
- Sleep Off Addiction to Cigarettes?
- Even With a Little Weight Gain, Quitting Smoking Is Still Healthier Choice
- Get Ready for the Great American Smokeout
- Study Ties Teen Smoking to Risk of Severe Menstrual Cramps
- Asthma Raises Heart Attack Risk, Research Suggests
- Secondhand Pot Smoke Can Give Your Heart an Unwelcome Buzz
- More Than One-Fifth of High School Students Smoke: CDC
- Smokers in Cars Pose Risk to Passengers: Study
- Chronic Pot Smoking May Alter Brain, Study Suggests
- Medicare to Cover Lung Cancer Screening for Long-Time Smokers
- Many Smokers Quick to Accept Plainly Packaged Cigarettes, Study Finds
- Pollution Down, but Health Risks Persist
- Cigars Loaded With Harmful Toxins, Study Shows
- Stroke Prevention Guidelines Emphasize Healthy Lifestyle
- Knowing Genetic Risk for Cancer May Not Change Behavior
- As Pot Use Rises, Teens' Grades May Fall: Study
- Depression After Heart Attack May Be More Common for Women
- Health Tip: Coping With Chronic Pain
- Binge Drinking May Boost Blood Pressure in Young Men
- Teen Sisters Develop Ways to Measure Lung, Heart Damage
- For Infertility Treatment, Should He Drink Less Coffee, More Booze?
- Regular Doctor Visits Help Control Blood Pressure, Study Says
- Some Lung Patients Buy Cigarettes Along With Meds at Pharmacies: Study
- Living With a Smoker Like Living in a Polluted City: Study
- Two-Pronged Program Looks Best for Helping Smokers Quit
- Race Doesn't Affect Obesity's Toll on Health
- Smoking-Related Illnesses in U.S. Total 14 Million, Report Finds
- The Dangers of Thinning Bones as Men Age
- Lung Cancer May Lie Dormant for 2 Decades
- Tobacco Tied to Higher Risk of Oral HPV Infection, Study Finds
- U.S. Life Expectancy Hits Record High of Nearly 79 Years: CDC
- Mini-Strokes May Lead to PTSD, Study Finds
- Could a Fading Sense of Smell Point to Earlier Death?
- Can All Work and No Play Make You Diabetic?
- Anti-Smoking Policies May Also Curtail Drinking
- Health Tip: Help Prevent Gum Disease
- Study: Healthy Lifestyle Behaviors May Prevent 80 Percent of Heart Attacks
- E-Cigarettes Don't Help Cancer Patients Quit Smoking: Study
- More Than One Kind of Message May Convince Smokers to Quit, Study Says
- Salty Foods May Double Smokers' Risk of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Smoking Before Fatherhood May Raise Asthma Risk in Kids: Study
- WHO's Call for E-Cigarette Ban Criticized
- Smoking Banned in More Than 80 Percent of U.S. Homes: CDC
- E-Cigarette Vapor May Be Less Toxic Than Tobacco Smoke: Study
- Could Too Much Salt Harm MS Patients?
- Study Counters Critics of Plainer Cigarette Packaging
- Ban Indoor Use of E-Cigarettes, U.N. Health Agency Says
- Number of Young Non-Smokers Who Tried E-Cigs Tripled in 2 Years
- Diet, Exercise Counseling Urged for Overweight Americans With Heart Risks
- E-Cigarettes Should Be Regulated Like Tobacco: American Heart Association
- Low-Nicotine Cigarettes May Not Lead to More Smoking
- For Kids, Risks of Parental Smoking Persist Long-Term, Study Finds
- Hospital Discharge a Key Time to Help Smokers Quit
- Big Drop in U.S. Heart-Related Hospitalizations and Deaths, Study Finds
- Less Educated Smokers at Greatest Risk for Stroke, Study Finds
- Tough Laws Continue to Target Tobacco Sales to Minors
- U.S. Lung Cancer Rates Falling Overall, Study Finds
- Prisons That Bar Smoking May Boost Inmates' Health: Study
- One in 10 Cancer Survivors Still Smoke Years Later, Study Finds
- Benefits of E-Cigarettes May Outweigh Harms, Study Finds
- Extra Exercise Could Help Depressed Smokers Quit: Study
- Annual COPD Costs To Hit $49 Billion by 2020: CDC
- Many Young Adults Misinformed About Hookahs' Harms
- Smoking While Pregnant Linked to ADHD in Children
- Study Suggests Tough Smoking Laws Might Lower Suicide Risk
- Graphic Cigarette-Label Warnings Work, Study Finds
- Lung Groups: Governments Should Limit or Ban Use of E-Cigarettes
- Combo Approach May Work Best for Smokers Looking to Quit
- Obesity May Raise Risk of COPD
- Experts Reject Routine Screening for Narrowed Neck Arteries
- Hookah Smoking Popular Among Well-Heeled Teens: Survey
- Change Bad Habits Early, Save Your Heart Later
- Teens Who Prefer Menthols Are Heavier Smokers: Study
- Moustaches, Home Oxygen Tanks Can Be Dangerous Match
- Is All That TV Killing You?
- CDC Readies Latest Graphic Anti-Smoking Ads
- Quitting Smokeless Tobacco May Boost Survival After Heart Attack
- Screen Older Men Who've Ever Smoked for Aneurysms: Experts
- Timing of Day's First Cigarette May Influence Lung Cancer Risk
- Less Smoking, Sex and Fighting Among U.S. High School Kids: CDC
- Scientists Spot New Clues to a Deadly Lung Disease
- No Drop in Smokeless Tobacco Use Among U.S. Workers: CDC
- Text Messages May Double Smoker's Odds of Quitting
- Sleep Apnea May Raise Risk of Diabetes, Research Suggests
- Heart Patients Without Artery Plaque Buildup Still Face Risks: Study
- Among New Smokers, Teen Boys More Likely to Quit Than Girls: Study
- 1 in 4 Smokers With Gene Defect May Get Lung Cancer
- E-Cigarette Advertising Soars on American TV, Study Finds
- Viewing E-Cigarette Use May Keep Smokers From Quitting
- More Americans Working to Control Blood Pressure, Cholesterol: CDC
- Cynics at Higher Risk for Dementia? Yea, Right
- Abnormal Lung Scan May Be 'Teachable Moment' for Smokers
- Your Income Might Influence Your Risk for Certain Cancers
- Mental Illness Linked to Shortened Life Spans
- Diet Tied to Better Breathing in COPD Patients
- Can E-Cigarettes Help You Quit Smoking?
- Reports of Chest Pain Down For Whites, But Not Blacks
- Experts Debate Value of Self-Exam for Testicular Cancer
- Hookahs Not a Safe Alternative to Cigarettes, Study Shows
- Adults With Autism at Risk for Many Health Problems: Study
- Stepped-Up Screening Would Uncover More Lung Cancers, Study Says
- FDA Asks Public to Join Battle Against Smoking by Children
- People With Mental Health Issues More Likely to Turn to E-Cigarettes: Study
- Smoking More Likely Among Teens Whose Parents Light Up
- Drug Therapy May Lower Odds That Kids With ADHD Will Smoke
- Surgical Treatments Equally Effective for Women With Poor Leg Circulation
- Nicotine Poisoning of Infant Highlights 'E-Cig' Dangers, Docs Report
- Little Cigars Liked by Teens Are Still 'Candy-Flavored Tobacco': Report
- Weight Gain Fears Keep Some Smokers From Quitting
- E-Cigarette Vapor Contains Potentially Harmful Particles: Review
- Smoking in Pregnancy May Be Linked to Baby's Heart Defects
- Young Adults Think E-Cigs Safer Than Tobacco Ones
- Health Tip: Being Healthy Doesn't Have to Be Expensive
- Y Chromosome Loss Linked to Higher Cancer Risk in Men
- Smoking, Drinking Combo Raises Odds for Esophageal Cancer
- Smoke-Free Laws May Help Prevent COPD Hospitalizations
- Electronic Cigarettes: Q&A
- FDA Advisers: Ban Use of Behavior-Modifying 'Shock Devices'
- For Many Men, Impotence Is Treatable Without Drugs
- Pot Smoking May Pose Heart Dangers, Study Suggests
- FDA to Propose E-Cigarette Regulations
- For Many Older Men, Impotence Is Treatable Without Drugs
- People With Kidney Disease Show Higher Cancer Risk in Study
- Study Links Coffee to Lower Liver Cancer Risk
- High-Fat Diet May Boost Breast Cancer Risk
- Liquid Nicotine in E-Cigarettes Rising Cause of Poisonings: CDC
- Cutting Cigarette Scenes From TV Shows May Have Helped Reduce Smoking
- Parents' Addiction May Be Linked to Arthritis in Offspring
- Smoke-Free Policies May Protect the Heart
- Slight Drop in Rate of Advanced Cancers, CDC Says
- Fewer Americans Would Smoke If Cessation Treatments Were Covered: CDC
- Smoking May Dull Ability to Sense Bitter Tastes
- Depressed Diabetics May Face Higher Risk of Kidney Disease
- Smoking Bans Linked to Drop in Premature Births, Kids' Asthma Attacks
- Underweight Even Deadlier Than Overweight, Study Says
- Medical Marijuana's Legalization Doesn't Raise Crime Rates: Study
- E-Cigarettes: What the Research Shows
- Can Exercise and an Occasional Drink Boost Eye Health?
- Post-Katrina Heart Woes Persisted at Least 6 Years
- Health Tip: Get Healthy Before Pregnancy
- Smokers' Broken Bones May Heal Less Quickly: Study
- Why It's Hard to Kick the Smoking Habit
- Smokers' Brains Perk Up at Positive Cigarette Images: Study
- Nicotine Patches Don't Help Pregnant Women Quit Smoking: Study
- Rising E-Cigarette Use Tied to More Smoking in Teens
- Quitting Smoking Linked to Better Mental Health in Study
- New Guidelines Aim to Lower Stroke Risk in Women
- Health Tip: Avoid Weight Gain While Quitting Smoking
- High Blood Pressure in Young Adults Could Mean Heart Trouble in Middle Age
- CVS Caremark to Stop Selling Tobacco Products
- Ibuprofen, Aleve Won't Raise Miscarriage Risk: Study
- Alcohol Tied to Domestic Violence on College Campuses
- CDC to Launch Latest Graphic Anti-Smoking Campaign
- Neanderthal DNA Influences Modern Humans: Study
- Number of Nurses Who Smoke Is Down: Report
- Screen Older, Male Smokers for Type of Aneurysm, Experts Say
- Much More Must Be Done to Lower Smoking Rates, Experts Say
- Mediterranean Diet May Lower Risk of Clogged Leg Arteries
- Smog Linked to Higher Heart Attack Risk
- Dissolving 'Scaffolds' Could Help Treat Leg Artery Disease
- Testing for Smoke Exposure May Predict Rehospitalization for Asthma
- U.S. Smoking Rates Drop to Historic Lows: CDC
- Truck Drivers Top List of Overweight Workers
- As Weight Rises in People With Diabetes, So Does Death Risk: Study
- Media Focus on Obesity May Backfire for Some Women
- Smoking in Pregnancy Tied to Later Nicotine Addiction in Daughters
- Students Smoke Weed Despite Drug Testing at Schools, Study Finds
- Death Rate After Hip, Knee Replacements Has Dropped Sharply: Study
- U.S. Lung Cancer Rates Continue to Drop: CDC
- World Watches as Colorado Marijuana Law Takes Effect
- U.S. Cancer Deaths Decline Again: Report
- Chantix Helped People With Mental Illness Quit Smoking Longer in Study
- Half-Century of Smoking Prevention Extended 8 Million Lives: Study
- Drug Duo Might Help Smokers Quit Better Than Single Med
- Younger Adults Who've Had Shingles May Face Higher Stroke Risk
- Smoking Tied to Higher Post-Op Medical Costs
- Big Cigarette Tax Hikes Might Prevent 200 Million Deaths in a Century
- Hormone Takes the High Out of Weed, Rodent Study Finds
- Quitting Smoking May Cut Cataract Risk
- E-Cigarettes: Separating Fiction From Fact
- A Guide to Smoking-Cessation Options
- U.S. Panel Backs Routine Lung CT Scans for Older, Heavy Smokers
- Troubled Launch of 'Obamacare' Tops Health News for 2013
- Counselors Give Smokers Best Chance to Quit: Study
- Total Smoking Bans Work Better Than Halfway Measures
- Troubled Launch of 'Obamacare' Tops Health News for 2013
- Survey Finds Support for Banning E-Cigarette Use by Kids
- Anxiety Tied to Stroke Risk in Study
- FDA Approves New Drug to Treat COPD
- 'Stress Gene' Might Raise Odds for Heart Attack, Death, Study Shows
- Antidepressant Use During Pregnancy Not Linked to Autism
- Glaxo to End Payments to Prescribing Doctors
- Low Vitamin B-12 Levels Tied to Bone Fractures in Older Men
- Brain Scan Study Suggests 'Pothead' Stereotype Might Be Real
- Quit-Smoking Products Won't Harm the Heart, Review Finds
- Men Who Smoke After Cancer Diagnosis Face Higher Death Risk
- Health Tip: When You Want to Quit Smoking
- Men Who Keep Smoking After Cancer Diagnosis Face Higher Death Risk
- Graphic Warnings on Cigarette Packs May Cut Smoking Rates: Study
- Quitting Smoking May Help Seniors' Hearts Sooner Than Thought
- Joblessness May Age You, Study Suggests
- Those Rocked by Recession Most Likely to Hit the Bottle: Study
- Quitting Tips for Thursday's Great American Smokeout
- Drinking Milk as Teens Might Not Protect Men's Bones, Study Suggests
- No Connection Seen Between Dementia, Common Eye Disease
- Racial Differences Seen in Pancreatic Cancer Death Rates
- College Students Feel Pull of Cigarette Ads, Study Finds
- Tobacco Myths Continue Half-Century After Landmark U.S. Report
- More U.S. Teens Try E-Cigarettes, Hookahs: Report
- New Cholesterol Drug Guidelines: Q&A
- Magnetic Brain Stimulation May Help Smokers Quit
- Heart Experts Warn Against 'Crash' Diets
- New Guidelines May Widen Use of Statins
- E-Cigarettes: Expert Q&A With the CDC
- Upping Vegetable Protein Intake May Help People With Kidney Disease
- Study Finds Links Between Psoriasis, Heart Failure
- Sugary Drinks and Rheumatoid Arthritis Linked?
- Kids Who Add Sleep Can Subtract Pounds, Study Suggests
- Health Highlights: Oct. 31, 2013
- Epilepsy Often Hand-in-Hand With Other Health Problems: CDC
- Study of Twins Shows How Smoking Ages the Face
- E-Cigarettes May Not Be Gateway to Smoking: Study
- Tests May Someday Show Which Breast, Prostate Cancers Will Turn Aggressive
- Mondays Might Be Your Best Day to Quit Smoking
- Radiation for Breast Cancer May Raise Heart Risks: Study
- Certain Rheumatoid Arthritis Drugs May Also Protect Patients' Hearts, Studies Find
- Some Improvement Seen in U.S. Cholesterol Levels: CDC
- Study: Coffee Might Lower Risk of Liver Cancer
- Infants Exposed to Smoking in Womb at Risk of Infections, Death: Study
- Flavored Cigars Gaining in Popularity With U.S. Kids: CDC
- Obese Patients With Pancreatic Cancer Have Shorter Survival, Study Finds
- Social Networking Sites May Help Smokers Kick the Habit
- Ladies, Take 5 Steps to Avoid Osteoporosis
- Pricey Cigarettes, Smoke-Free Homes Help Curb Habit, Study Suggests
- Diabetes May Outrank Weight Measurement When It Comes to Weight-Loss Surgery
- Study Sees No Suicide Risk From Stop-Smoking Drugs
- Crohn's and Colitis May Be Tied to Risk of Heart Attack, Stroke
- Health Tip: Getting Sick on a Cruise
- Even Minor Strokes May Take Years Off Life, Study Says
- Docs Urged to Treat Unhealthy Habits Before Damage Is Done
- Smoking in Pregnancy May Be Tied to Bipolar Disorder in Adult Offspring: Study
- Depression May Sometimes Foreshadow Parkinson's Diagnosis
- Smokers Have Higher Complication Risk After Colon Surgery, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Smoking Affects Heart Health
- Severe Blood Infections During Childbirth on Rise in U.S. Women
- Friends, Family Often the Suppliers in Underage Drinking, Smoking: Survey
- Moderate Arsenic in Environment Tied to Higher Heart Attack, Stroke Risk
- U.S. Funds New Tobacco Regulation Research Centers
- Anti-smoking Campaign Surpasses Expectations
- Statins Linked to Raised Risk of Cataracts in Study
- Vitamin B Supplements May Guard Against Stroke
- 2 Questions May Reveal Seniors' Impending Decline, Study Says
- Healthy Lifestyle May Reverse Cellular Aging, Study Suggests
- Report Sees Continued Advances in War Against Cancer
- Even Younger Women With Diabetes May Face Higher Odds for Heart Disease
- Older Age May Mean Fewer Hangovers
- Better Hygiene Could Raise Risk of Alzheimer's
- Young People May Respond Better to Upbeat Health Messages
- Gene Mutation May Help Predict Lung Cancer Survival in Nonsmokers
- Financial Incentives for Docs May Improve Care
- 'Tips From Smokers' Campaign Beat Expectations
- Study Sees No Link Between Drinking During Early Pregnancy and Birth Woes
- Menthol Cigarette Use Rising Among Young Smokers
- E-Cigarettes May Equal Nicotine Patches for Smoking Cessation
- Friends' Online Photos May Sway Teens' Behavior
- Teens' Use of E-Cigarettes Doubles in a Year: CDC
- More Evidence Backs Routine CT Scans for Early Lung Cancer Detection
- When Football Team Loses, Fans Reach for Junk Food
- Chlamydia, Gonorrhea Tied to Higher Risk of Pregnancy Complications
- 200,000 Heart Disease, Stroke Deaths Could Be Prevented: CDC
- All-in-One Pill May Be Effective Treatment for Heart Care
- More Menopausal Women Hospitalized for Asthma, Study Finds
- Hundreds of Thousands of Teens Use Pot, Alcohol Each Day: Report
- Mental and Substance Disorders Major Cause of Nonfatal Illnesses
- Middle-Aged Health Behavior a Matter of Degrees
- Fewer U.S. Kids Buying Tobacco Products: Report
- Smokers and the Affordable Care Act: Q&A
- U.S. Schools Show Progress in Healthy Behaviors, CDC Says
- Kids Benefit From Doctors' Antismoking Counseling: Experts
- Women Smokers Face Increased Risk of Lethal Stroke: Review
- Nicotine Addiction Level May Predict Weight Gain in Ex-Smokers
- Quit-Smoking Programs Work for Psychiatric Patients
- Link Between Obesity, Diabetes and Death Risk Is Complicated
- Respiratory Therapy May Lower Death Risk for Some Sleep Apnea Patients
- Breast-Feeding Tied to Reduced Child Obesity
- Cigarette Taxes Deter Heavy Drinking, Study Suggests
- Many Kids With Asthma Live With Secondhand Smoke: CDC
- Meditation Could Help Smokers Cut Down, Study Hints
- Soda Tax Won't Curb Obesity, Study Contends
- Childhood Abuse Linked to Later Thyroid Problems for Women
- If Parents Ever Smoked, Teens May Be More Likely to Light Up
- New Clues About Hot Flashes and the Brain
- U.S. Panel Backs Routine Lung CT Scans for Older, Heavy Smokers
- Growing Up Poor May Raise Odds for Smoking: Study
- Smoking During Pregnancy Tied to Behavior Issues in Kids
- Menthol May Boost Cigarettes' Addictive Properties: Study
- For Seniors, Unhealthy Living May Lead to Disability
- Plain Brown Cigarette Packs May Help Some Smokers Quit: Study
- Skipping Breakfast a Recipe for Heart Disease, Study Finds
- Single Men Show Higher Risk of Cancer-Linked Oral HPV
- Poll: U.S. Adults Support Smoking Ban in Cars With Kids
- Living Long and Healthy After 65 Depends on State: CDC
- Smokers' Cell Damage Exists Even If Tests Miss It, Study Says
- Legalize Pot, But Not for Teens, Many U.S. Adults Say
- Following Blood Pressure-Drug Schedule May Be Critical to Survival
- Just Cutting Back on Smoking May Not Boost Lifespan
- Smoking Plus Heavy Drinking May Accelerate Mental Decline
- Month of Conception Might Raise Odds of Premature Birth: Study
- Brain Scans Suggest Marijuana May Squelch Motivation
- Quitting Smoking May Boost Diabetes Risk Slightly in Older Women
- Anti-Smoking Policies Will Prevent 7 Million Deaths Worldwide by 2050: Study
- FDA Allows Two New Cigarettes to Hit Market
- Fetal Exposure to Tobacco Smoke Tied to Hearing Loss in Teens
- Polluted Air Linked to Autism Risk
- Tobacco Laws for Minors May Cut Adult Smoking as Well
- Health Tip: At Greater Risk for Obesity?
- Tobacco Ads Spark Teen Smoking, Study Finds
- Will New Gout Findings Get a Toehold?
- Annual Dental Cleaning May Be Enough for Some: Study
- Michael Douglas Blames His Throat Cancer on Oral Sex
- Smokers Cost Employers Thousands More Than Nonsmokers
- More Proof Healthy Living, Not Smoking Pay Off
- More Booze in Movies for Kids, Study Finds
- Campaign Urges Smokers to Enlist Doctors' Help in Quitting
- And America's Fittest City Is...
- Health Tip: What's Behind Bad Breath?
- CT Scans Reduce Lung Cancer Deaths, Study Confirms
- Americans Still Making Unhealthy Choices: CDC
- Noise, Dirty Air May Be Double Whammy for the Heart
- Living Near Major Roadways in Pregnancy Tied to Respiratory Woes in Children
- Alcoholics Who Smoke May Face Early Brain Aging
- Most Americans Say 'No' to Smoking in Their Homes, Cars
- Health Tip: Don't Smoke for a Better Smile
- No Drop in Teens' Use of 'Smokeless' Tobacco
- Living Near Heavy Traffic May Harm Kidney Function
- 'Nonsmoking' Hotel Rooms May Not Fully Protect Guests
- For Pregnant Smokers, Vitamin C Might Help Babies' Lungs
- Health Tip: Enjoy a Safe Prom
- Secondhand Smoke Tied to Lower 'Good' Cholesterol in Teen Girls
- Women Smokers More Likely to Get Colon Cancer Than Men: Study
- Water Pipe No Safer Than Cigarettes: Study
- School Programs Do Keep Some Kids From Smoking
- Women Who Smoke May Have Higher Risk for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Magnetic Brain Stimulation May Temporarily Dull Nicotine Craving
- Kids' Smoking Influences May Change Over Time
- Air Pollution May Speed Hardening of Arteries
- U.S. Supreme Court Rejects Challenge to New Cigarette Labeling
- U.S. Infant Mortality Rates Finally Dropping Again: Report
- Exercise May Blunt Heavy Drinking's Effect on Brain
- To Stop Smoking, Teens Should Start Moving
- Ex-Convicts From Tobacco-Free Prisons Need Help to Stay Off Smokes
- Smoking in Youth-Rated Movies Doubles: Report
- Study Hints of Links Between HPV and Lung Cancer
- 'Wake-Up' Cigarette May Raise Risk for Lung, Mouth Cancers
- Lifestyle Might Curb Loss of Height That Comes With Age
- Most Doctors Don't Help Lung Cancer Patients Quit Smoking: Survey
- Many U.S. Teens Have Poor Health Habits
- FDA Gives Nod to Longer Use of Nicotine Patch, Gum
- CDC Launches New Graphic Antismoking Ads
- Genes May Dictate Teens' Susceptibility to Heavy Smoking
- Parents' Divorce May Up Kids' Odds for Smoking as Adults
- Cigarette 'Relighting' on Rise in Still-Tight Economy
- U.S. Abandons Effort to Place Graphic Labeling on Cigarettes
- Health Tip: Stay Busy When Quitting Smoking
- How Healthy Is Your County?
- People With Mental Illness Make Up Large Share of U.S. Smokers
- Lung Transplant Hazard May Rise With Obese Recipients, Smoking Donors
- Quitting Cigarettes Cuts Heart Risks, Even If You Gain Weight
- Secondhand Smoke Linked to Early Heart Disease, Study Finds
- More Evidence That Smoking Raises Breast Cancer Risk
- One in Five U.S. Smokers Has Tried an 'E-Cigarette'
- Parents: Revealing Your Past Smoking, Pot Use May Not Help Your Kids
- Youth Smoking, Obesity May Lead to Early Death
- Open Windows, Lower Risk for Preterm Birth: Study
- Smoking Rates Much Higher Among the Mentally Ill: CDC
- Health Tip: Promote Healthy Teeth
- Study: Lungs From Heavy Smokers OK for Transplant
- Women's Smoking Deaths at All-Time High in U.S.
- Smokers Die About a Decade Earlier on Average
- Many Americans Back Nicotine Restrictions in Cigarettes: Survey
- Cancer Death Rates Drop 20% Over 2 Decades
- Pictures Speak Louder Than Words on Cigarette Labeling
- U.S. Lung Cancer Deaths Highest for Blacks in Segregated Areas: Study
- More Than 40 States Get an 'F' for Tobacco Control
- Heavy Smoking May Raise Odds for Lethal Bladder Cancer
- Most Teens Support Tough Smoking Bans: Survey
- Health Tip: Talk to Kids About Smoking
- Health Tip: You May Need a Bone Density Test
- Recent Ex-Smokers May Fare Worse After Heart Bypass: Study
- More Evidence That Violent Video Games Help Spur Aggression
- Drug May Help Women Who Quit Smoking Avoid Weight Gain
- Secondhand Smoke in Pregnancy Tied to Behavior Woes in Kids
- Smoking Deadlier For HIV Patients Than Virus Itself: Study
- Back Pain May Ease for Smokers Who Quit: Study
- Millions of Nonsmokers Exposed to Smoke From Neighbors' Apartments: Report
- FDA: Chantix May Raise Heart Risks
- Pricey Cigarettes, Strict Schools Help Curb Teen Smoking
- U.S. Lifestyles Thwarting Heart Health Progress: Report
- Stop-Smoking Drug Chantix May Carry Heart Risks, FDA Warns
- Secondhand Smoke Puts Children at Risk for Meningitis
- Smoking Doubles Women's Sudden Death Risk
- U.S. Task Force Urges Docs to Counsel Kids Against Smoking
- Genes May Influence Effectiveness of Anti-Smoking Policies
- Sperm Counts Dropping for French Men: Study
- Kids With HIV at Risk of Heart Disease, Study Says
- Kids May Be at Slightly Higher Asthma Risk If Parents Had Infertility Treatments
- Smoking May Make Hangovers Worse
- Heavy Smokers Cut Back the Most When Cigarette Taxes Rise: Study
- Endoscopy Overused in Heartburn Patients
- Healthy Diet May Prevent Additional Heart Trouble
- U.S. Quit-Smoking Policies Need Improving, Experts Say
- Teen Girls Who Smoke May Up Risk for Future Bone Disease
- Severe Gum Disease May Be Linked to Impotence
- New Guidelines Urge Limiting Endoscopy for GERD
- 'Hiding' Cigarettes in Stores Might Keep Kids From Smoking: Study
- Steep Cigarette Tax Hike Could Save Lives, Money: Report
- Smoking in Pregnancy Tied to Poor Reading Skills in Kids: Study
- DNA May Explain Why Women Have More Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Air Pollution May Raise Autism Risk
- Healthy Neurotic? Being Conscientious May Help
- Health Highlights: Nov. 26, 2012
- Airport Smoking Areas Expose Travelers, Workers to Risk: CDC
- Smokers, Nonsmokers Alike Urged to Learn About Lung Cancer
- Unemployment Takes Toll on the Heart
- Health Tip: If You Smoke at Home...
- Early Menstruation Tied to Factors That Raise Heart Disease Risk
- Diabetes Prevention: Start Small, Experts Say
- 5 Steps Would Lower Preemie Rates in Richest Countries: Study
- Smoking Bans Are on the Rise in Big Cities
- Great American Smokeout Is Thursday
- Are Common Chemicals Affecting Your Fertility?
- Migraines' Brain Changes Not Linked to Mental Harm
- Scientists Find Gene Differences in Nonsmokers With Lung Cancer
- U.S. Preterm Birth Rate Continues to Drop: Report
- Gruesome Cigarette Pack Images Sway Smokers, Study Finds
- Women's Respiratory Symptoms May Vary With Menstrual Cycle
- Many Smokers Light Up With Kids in Car: Study
- DNA 'Telomere' Length Tied to Aging, Death Risk
- Anti-Smoking Progress Stalls Among U.S. Adults: Report
- Heart Failure Patients May Be at Higher Risk for Cancer: Study
- Campaign Has Smokers Listening to Smoking's Victims
- COPD Deaths Highest in Rural, Poor Areas: CDC
- Mother's Menopause May Influence Her Daughter's Fertility
- Study Tallies Economic Fallout From Workers' Heart Attacks
- U.S. Adults Face Substantial Heart Disease Risk: Study
- Many U.S. Hispanics Have Heart Disease Risk Factors
- Some Smokers Light Up Even When in the Hospital
- Crohn's Disease in Children May Start From Bacteria
- Smoking Bans Reduce Hospitalizations: Study
- Gene May Be Tied to Both Smoking and ADHD, Study Suggests
- Smoking During Pregnancy Tied to Extra Weight in Kids
- Daily Aspirin May Bolster Aging Brain, Study Shows
- Smoking Can Cut 10 Years Off a Woman's Life
- Smokers at Higher Risk of Another Stroke: Study
- Study IDs 4 Key Habits of Successful Aging
- Health Tip: What's Behind a Sore Throat?
- Too Much Dairy, Carbs Might Harm Men's Sperm
- Secondhand Smoke: All It Takes Is 20 Minutes
- Smoking, Diabetes Are Risk Factors for Poor Leg Circulation: Study
- 10-Minute 'Tension Tamer' at Bedtime May Help You Sleep: Study
- Nationwide Study Examines Common Heart Procedures
- Calcium May Help Prevent Hormone Disorder
- Multivitamins May Help Prevent Cancer
- Alcoholism Shortens Life More Than Smoking: Study
- Study Questions the Value of Annual Physical Exams
- Cholesterol Levels Down Among U.S. Adults
- Secondhand Smoke Ups Babies' Risk of Asthma, Study Says
- When Adults Smoke in Cars, Child Passengers Suffer: Study
- Addiction a Risk After Weight Loss Surgery
- 'Meatless Monday' May Mean More Fruits, Veggies
- Healthy Lungs May Keep Brain Running Smoothly
- Strokes Striking Younger People
- New Gene Test Predicts Whose Mouth Lesions Might Be Cancerous
- Limit Fish While Pregnant? Study Questions Advice
- Tomatoes May Lower Your Risk for Stroke
- Heart Disease Deaths in Europe Dropping: Report
- Smoking Scenes on Rise in Top-Grossing Youth-Rated Movies: CDC
- Can Parents' Divorce Boost Son's Risk for Stroke?
- K2 Trend Not Slowing Down
- COPD May Contribute to a Bad Night's Sleep
- Secondhand Smoke Takes Big Illness, Expense Toll
- Smoking, Ink Color Affect Laser Tattoo Removal
- Childhood Trauma Linked to Later Stroke Risk
- Early Menopause May Double Heart Disease Risk, Study Says
- Cigarette Taxes 'Disproportionately Burden' the Poor, Report Says
- Studies Show Limits, Promise of Laser Removal of Tattoos
- Avoiding Alcohol May Cut Risk for Esophageal Cancer
- Cancer Now Top Cause of Death for U.S. Hispanics
- Secondhand Smoke Linked to Memory Problems
- Quitting Smoking Just as Hard for Teens: Study
- Do Video Games Promote Reckless Driving in Certain Teens?
- Gestational Diabetes, Poverty Linked to ADHD
- Some Minor Strokes Lead to Disability
- Drug Used to Prevent Prostate Cancer Won't Lower Quality of Life
- Heavy Drinkers at Greater Risk for Stroke
- Health Tip: Smokeless Tobacco Isn't Safe Either
- Smoking Marijuana Tied to Testicular Cancer
- Smokers Are Still High School's 'Cool Kids,' Study Finds
- Teen Obesity Linked to Mom's Smoking in Pregnancy: Study
- It's Possible to Be Obese and Heart-Healthy: Studies
- Household Chemical PFOA Linked to Heart Disease
- Smoking After Stroke Triples Risk of Death Within Year: Study
- Multiple Abortions May Raise Risk of Preemie Birth Later
- Healthy Living in Old Age Can Add 6 Years to Life
- Brain Bleeds More Common in Smokers, Research Shows
- Belly Fat May Hit Your Heart the Hardest
- Teen Smokers Show Early Signs of Heart Disease
- Electronic Cigarettes Have Slight Impact on Heart: Study
- Pot Use in Teen Years May Lower IQ, Study Shows
- U.S. Appeals Court Backs Ruling Against Graphic Images on Cigarette Packs
- Teen Girls Need Bone Health Advice to Stave Off Osteoporosis
- Couch-Potato Kids Are Top U.S. Child Health Problem: Poll
- Cancer-Causing Chemical in Smokeless Tobacco ID'd
- 40 Proven Strategies to Improve Public Health
- Obesity Biggest Risk Factor for Diabetes Among Poor: Study
- Many Teens Drinking, Taking Drugs During School: Survey
- Secondhand Smoke May Impair Children's Cough Reflex
- Sharp as a Tack at 90: Here's Why
- Global Tobacco Use Remains High, Survey Finds
- Drinking in Pregnancy Shows Up in Child's Growth: Study
- Egg Yolks Almost as Bad for Arteries as Smoking: Study
- Higher BPA Levels, More Heart Disease?
- Daily Aspirin May Reduce Risk of Cancer Death
- Reductions in U.S. Teen Smoking Stalled: CDC
- Tai Chi Benefits People With COPD
- Gum Disease More Common in People With RA
- Normal-Weight People With Type 2 Diabetes Have Higher Death Risk: Study
- Increasingly, More Education Linked to Longer Lifespan in U.S.
- Blood Pressure Drugs Linked to Lip Cancer in Study
- Don't Trust 'Dr. Google' for Help on Infant Sleep Safety
- How Renting Instead of Owning Can Hurt Your Asthma
- Health Tip: Focus on Healthy Aging
- Some Improvement in Heart Risk Factors for Americans: CDC
- CDC: New Smoking Patterns Are Cause for Alarm
- Rising Cigarette Prices May Be Incentive to Quit
- Even Mild Anxiety May Shorten a Person's Life
- More College Women Smoking Hookahs
- Smoking Tied to Risk for Hepatitis Return After Liver Transplant
- Weight Control Can Cut Women's Diabetes Risk, Study Shows
- Most Prostate Cancer Patients Don't Die From the Disease: Study
- Health Tip: Why Some Seniors Can't Sleep
- Black Teens in Public Housing Twice As Likely to Smoke: Study
- FDA Approves New Inhaler for COPD
- Antioxidants Might Help Cut Pancreatic Cancer Risk, Study Suggests
- Older Americans See Better Today, Study Finds
- Childhood Abuse Linked to Diabetes, Heart Disease in Middle-Aged Women
- Vitamin D May Delay Deterioration of Smokers' Lungs: Study
- Serious Mental Illness Tied to Higher Cancer, Injury Risk: Studies
- Are E-Cigarettes Here to Stay?
- Preventive Measures Pay Off for Those at Risk of Stroke
- Physical Inactivity May Be as Deadly as Smoking
- Health Tip: Protect Yourself From Wildfire Smoke Exposure
- Quitting Smoking Does Mean Weight Gain for Many: Study
- Breastfeeding Fights Obesity
- Sitting Too Much May Shave Years Off of Our Lives
- PG-13 Movie Smoking Prompts Teens to Smoke
- Heavy Coffee Intake May Affect Fertility Treatments: Study
- 40 Million Americans Addicted to Cigarettes, Alcohol or Drugs
- Smoking, Pesticides Might Spur Rare 'Sleep-Kicking' Disorder
- Vaccine May Block the Effect of Nicotine
- 'Atkins'-Type Diets May Raise Risk of Heart Problems: Study
- Health Highlights: June 25, 2012
- Lung Cancer Deaths Rise Among 'Boomer' Women in South
- Statins May Work Better in Men Than in Women
- Young Men Taking HIV Meds May Be at Risk for Bone Loss
- Secondhand Smoke Linked to Raised Diabetes Risk
- Even Moderate Exercise Might Cut Breast Cancer Risk: Study
- Anti-Smoking Ads Have Increased Quit Attempts: CDC
- Smoking Might Raise Your Odds for Skin Cancer
- Health of Americans a Mixed Bag: CDC Report
- Graphic Cig Pack Labels Make Smokers Think, Study Finds
- Mom's Smoking Tied to Dangerous Gut Illness in Preemies
- Fruit May Help Prevent Diabetic Retinopathy
- Eat Breakfast, Cut Diabetes and Obesity Risk
- Targeted Radiation for Lung Cancer May Carry Risks
- Health Tip: Secondhand Smoke is Dangerous
- Heavy Drinking, Smoking Won't Harm Men's Sperm: Study
- Quitting Smoking Even in Old Age Prolongs Life: Study
- Early Menopause May Raise Risk for Brain Aneurysm
- Does More Dental Plaque Mean Higher Chances of Dying From Cancer?
- Fruits, Veggies May Help Smokers Quit
- Health Tip: Why Quit Smoking?
- More Proof That Healthy Habits Fight Disease
- Health Tip: Help Prevent Heart Disease
- Daily Low-Dose Aspirin Risks Seem to Outweigh Gains for Many: Study
- Teens Whose Moms Smoked While Pregnant May Have Worse Asthma
- Cigarette Tax Hikes Curb Smoking in Pregnancy: Study
- Smokers Have Higher Surgical Costs, More Complications: Study
- Genes Might Help Some Smokers Kick the Habit
- Global Cancer Rates Set to Soar by 2030
- Use of Smokers' Lungs for Transplant Has Pros, Cons
- Efficient Disease Risk Prediction a Long Way Off, Experts Say
- States Use Only Fraction of Tobacco Revenues to Fight Smoking, Study Finds
- Strokes More Common in Southern States: CDC
- Vigorous Exercise Might Protect Against Psoriasis
- Study Spots Early Warning Signal for Sudden Cardiac Death
- Death Rate Dropping for People With Diabetes
- Smoking Gene May Reveal Why Some People Smoke More
- Teens' Love of Loud Music Tied to Drinking, Drug Abuse
- Sleep Apnea Linked to Higher Cancer Death Risk
- Study Ties Secondhand Smoke to Bladder Irritation in Kids
- Screening for Lung Cancer Might Benefit Those at Highest Risk
- 'Bad' Fat May Hurt Brain Function Over Time
- Fewer U.S. Teens and Young Adults Smoke
- Coffee May Be Part of the Recipe for a Longer Life
- Palpitations May Signal Future Heart Rhythm Problem
- Education Is Key to Health: Report
- Pot Might Help Ease Multiple Sclerosis Symptoms
- Secondhand Smoke May Harm Heart Function
- 'Self-Managing' COPD Might Pose Risks, Study Suggests
- Fitness Fights High Blood Pressure Genes
- Common Blood Pressure Drugs May Not Cut Colon Cancer Risk
- Fitness in Middle Age Lowers Medical Costs Later: Study
- Rate of Hospitalizations for Stroke Has Declined in U.S.
- Colon Cancer Gaps for Blacks, Whites Largely Due to Screening
- Pot Belly Boosts Risk of Sudden Cardiac Death: Study
- Strides Made in Diagnosing, Treating Lupus
- About 20% of White Women Smoke While Pregnant
- Friends' Parents Can Sway Teens' Odds for Drinking, Smoking
- Health Tip: Help Prevent Chronic Ear Infections
- Using Earplugs Eases ICU Patients' Confusion: Study
- Living Near Major Roads May Shorten Heart Attack Survival
- Prenatal Smoking Linked to High-Functioning Autism in Kids
- Infertility Treatments May Raise Birth Defect Risk
- Today's Kids May Be Destined for Adult Heart Disease
- Screening for Other Health Problems May Aid COPD Survival
- Health Highlights: May 2, 2012
- Overly Long Pregnancies Linked to Behavioral Problems in Toddlers
- Menopause: Smokers Have More Hot Flashes
- U.S. Ranks 131st in Preterm Births
- The Worst Cities in the U.S. for Asthma
- Many Asthmatic Kids Harmed by Secondhand Smoke: Study
- Studies Point to Reasons for Mammograms in 40s
- Secondhand Smoke Permeates Many Apartment Buildings: Study
- Teen Impulsiveness Has Different Sources in ADHD, Substance Use
- Mothers' Stress Could Cause Iron Deficiency in Newborns
- Anti-Smoking TV Ads From Tobacco Industry Don't Help
- Warnings on Cigarette Packs May Keep Ex-Smokers From Relapse
- Health Tip: Why Is My Aging Skin So Dry?
- Health Highlights: April 23, 2012
- Healthy Lifestyle Choices Could Cut Cancer Rates: Report
- Half of Young Cigarette Smokers Also Smoke Pot: Survey
- Optimism Might Cut Your Risk for Heart Attack
- Obese Workers' Health Care Costs Top Those of Smokers
- Substance Abusers, Even Recovering Ones, May Face Stigma
- Health Tip: Talk to Your Doctor Before You Are Pregnant
- Could Menthol Cigarettes Pose Even Higher Stroke Risk?
- Health Tip: How to Avoid Secondhand Smoke
- Half of Cancer Survivors Die From Other Conditions
- Health Highlights: April 2, 2012
- Health Tip: More Reasons to Quit Smoking
- Secondhand Smoke Affects Young Girls More Than Boys: Study
- Diet, Smoking May Affect MS Progression
- FDA: Tobacco Companies Must Reveal Harmful Chemicals
- Cancer Deaths Continue to Fall
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients Who Quit Statins May Face Raised Death Risk
- Helpline, Free Nicotine Patches Don't Help Smokers Quit: Study
- Coffee Doesn't Affect Psoriasis Risk After All, Researchers Say
- Both Too Little and Too Much Sleep Bad for the Heart: Study
- Less Heart Disease Among Women in Wealthier States: Study
- Health Tip: Am I at Risk for Gum Disease?
- Depression Tied to Earlier Death in Heart Patients
- Genes May Hold the Key to Aging Skin
- CDC Launches Graphic Anti-Smoking Ad Campaign
- Your Neighborhood Can Affect Your Heart Health
- Watching Movie Stars Light Up May Spur Kids to Smoke
- Anti-Smoking Efforts Saved 795,000 Lives Over 25 Years: Study
- Many Docs Order Unneeded Lung Cancer Screening Tests: Survey
- Married Heart Surgery Patients Live Longer
- Kids Who Bully May Be More Likely to Smoke, Drink
- Health Highlights: March 8, 2012
- Surgeon General: Nearly 4 Million U.S. Kids Still Smoke
- Health Tip: Diabetics, Take Care of Your Feet
- Cured Meat Products Linked to Lung Disease Flare-Ups
- Ban on Public Smoking Linked to Fewer Preterm Deliveries
- Health Tip: Lower Your Risk for Osteoporosis
- Smoking Linked to Higher Rate of Psoriasis: Study
- Drinking Scenes in Movies May Spur Teens to Do the Same
- U.S. Will Push to Have Graphic Warnings on Cigarettes
- Stroke Risk Triples After a Decade With Diabetes
- Judge Blocks Plan for Graphic Cigarette Warnings
- Trans Fats May Raise Stroke Risk in Older Women
- Nicotine Patches Fail Most Pregnant Smokers
- Top 5 Happiest States in the U.S.
- Poor Lung Function Linked to Heart Failure in Study
- Health Tip: Are You at Greater Risk for Pneumonia?
- Sleeping Pills Called 'as Risky as Cigarettes'
- Health Highlights: Feb. 24, 2012
- Gene Might Be a Culprit in Sudden Infant Death for Boys
- Health Highlights: Feb. 23, 2012
- Heart Attacks in Women: Different Symptoms, Different Outcomes
- Health Tip: How to Lower Your Risk of Stroke
- Mom's Nicotine Patch May Raise Baby's Risk for Colic
- Female Cancer Survivors Report Worse Health Habits: Survey
- Many Americans Support Lower Nicotine Levels in Cigarettes
- Treatment Advances Improve the Odds for Heart Failure Patients
- Millions of Women Are Unaware They Have Arterial Disease
- Quit-Smoking Drug May Also Curb Drinking
- Even a Little Air Pollution Raises Heart Attack Risk
- Home Oxygen Could Raise Burn Risk: Experts
- Mediterranean Diet May Protect Brain
- Smoking May Up Cancer Risk in Barrett's Esophagus Patients
- Young Adults Who Quit Smoking Feel Better Quickly
- Adele's Grammy Comeback After Vocal Cord Surgery
- C-Sections Not Always Best for Small Babies
- Some Men May Inherit a Higher Risk of Heart Disease From Dad
- Moving Homes Often in Childhood Might Affect Long-Term Health
- Quitting Smoking May Halve Risk of Oral Health Problems
- Soft Drinks May Raise Odds for Respiratory Ills: Study
- Playing Sports May Help Keep Kids From Smoking
- Smoking in Men Speeds Up Mental Decline
- Fewer Teens Exposed to Tobacco Smoke in Cars: Report
- New Heart Failure Risks: Fractures and Memory Problems
- Popular Diabetes Drug Might Cut Pancreatic Cancer Risk: Study
- Heartburn Drugs Linked to Hip Fractures in Women
- When Mom-to-Be's Overweight and Smokes, Risk for Birth Defects Rises
- Blood Pressure Differences Between Arms Could Signal Heart Risk
- Optimal Heart Health Starts Early: Study
- Oral HPV Infection Strikes Men More Than Women: Study
- Risk for Heart Attack, Stroke May Be Underestimated
- Smoking During Pregnancy Not Linked to Autism
- Magnesium-Rich Foods May Lower Stroke Risk
- Health Tip: Help Calm a Cough
- Health Highlights: Jan. 19, 2012
- Study Maps Path From Smoking to Emphysema in Mice
- Most States Get an F for Tobacco Prevention
- Report: 1 in 5 Adults Had Mental Illness in 2010
- Bone Density at Age 67 May Predict Later Bone Health
- Knee, Hip Replacements Carry Blood Clot Risk
- Overweight Teen Girls May Have Higher Acne Risk
- FDA to Weigh Safety of Tobacco Lozenges, Strips
- At More U.S. Workplaces, Smokers Need Not Apply
- Certain Antidepressants May Raise Lung Risk in Newborns
- Aspirin Therapy for Heart Disease, Stroke Prevention Not for Everyone
- Asian-Americans More Apt to Die in Hospital After Heart Attacks
- Marijuana Smoking Not Linked to Chronic Breathing Problems
- Low-Dose Aspirin to Prevent First Heart Attack or Stroke? Not So Fast
- Paranoid or Placid? Scans Show Pot's Effect on Brain
- Could Daily Aspirin Harm Seniors' Eyes?
- From Bad to Better: U.S. Cancer Rates Continue to Drop
- Health Care Reform Battle Tops Health News for 2011
- How to Make Your Quit-Smoking Resolution Stick
- Smoking During Pregnancy May Damage Children's Blood Vessels
- Health Tip: Choose Your Day to Quit Smoking
- Teens Become Less Active as They Enter Adulthood
- Health Tip: Improving Your Cholesterol
- 40 Years On, the Triumphs and Challenges of America's 'War on Cancer'
- Health Tip: Are You at Risk for Macular Degeneration?
- Snow Shoveling Really Does Raise Heart Attack Risk: Study
- Life After Cigarettes Is Happier: Study
- U.S. Heart Health: Lots of Room for Improvement
- Electronic Cigarette Makers Must Prove Safety of Products: Report
- Smoking Linked to Skin Cancer in Women
- Teens Smoking Fewer Cigarettes, More Marijuana
- Some Causes of Stillbirth May Be Avoidable: Studies
- Treating Prehypertension With Medication May Lower Stroke Risk
- Some States Make Stopping Smoking Easier Than Others
- Steps Women Can Take to Reduce Risk of Breast Cancer
- America's Health Report Card: Needs Improvement
- Do U.S Presidents Live Longer Than the Average Joe?
- Eating Fatty Fish Benefits Younger Women, Study Shows
- Health Tip: The Risks of Smoking While Pregnant
- More Exercise Could Make For Better Sleep: Study
- Diet Loaded With Veggies, Fruits, Whole Grains May Cut Stroke Risk
- Long-Term Treatment May Be Best Way to Help Smokers Quit
- Higher Cancer Risk in People With HIV
- Nerve Damage May Play a Role in ED
- Getting Your Teeth Cleaned May Help Your Heart
- High IQ in Childhood May Predict Later Drug Use
- Women Under 50 With RA at Higher Fracture Risk
- Most Smokers Want to Quit, CDC Report Finds
- 'Sun Safety' Counseling Pays Off for Kids and Teens
- Are Acid Reflux Drugs Overused?
- Stroke Risk Profile May Also Predict Odds of Memory Problems
- Study Links Chantix to Suicide Risk, but FDA Disagrees
- Preterm Birth Rates Heading in Right Direction, Barely
- Health Highlights: Oct. 26, 2011
- FDA: Chantix Benefits Still Outweigh the Risks
- Smoking's Effect on Lungs Similar to Cystic Fibrosis: Study
- Married People More Likely to Survive Cancer
- Smoking Pot Might Up Depression Risk in Vulnerable Teens
- U.S. Heart Disease Rates Keep Falling: CDC
- Could Discrimination Help Trigger Illness in Blacks?
- Restless Legs Syndrome May Raise BP
- Heart Attack Complications More Likely for Women Smokers
- Raising 'Good' Cholesterol May Cut Heart Risk in Diabetes Patients
- Current Smoking Rates Could Lead to Millions of TB Deaths
- HPV-Linked Oral Cancers on the Rise, Study Finds
- Cancer Patients Should Ask Doctors to Use Simple Terms
- Divorce, Heavy Drinking, Smoking Linked to Hair Loss
- Depression Tied to Higher Risk for Stroke
- Could Divorce Trigger Hair Loss in Women?
- Parents, Kids, Doctors Balk at Talk About Weight
- 4 Simple Steps to a Healthy Heart
- Lifestyle Changes May Improve Erectile Dysfunction
- Long-Term Painkiller Use Linked to Kidney Cancer
- Drink a Day Keeps Disease Away?
- Improving Lifestyle Reduces Diabetes Risk
- Smoking Might Raise Sex Hormone Levels After Menopause
- Strokes Rising Among Teens, Young Adults: CDC
- Smoking May Raise Disease Risk by Increasing Hormones
- Sleeping Soon After Dinner May Raise Stroke Risk
- Snuff Use During Pregnancy Is Harmful to Newborns
- Report: 164 Million Obese Adults by 2030
- Vitamins May Lower Risk of Birth Complication
- 4 Keys to a Long Life
- Ultrasound of Neck Predicts Who Will Have a Stroke
- Inflammation From Rheumatoid Arthritis Tied to Heart Disease
- Childhood Obesity, Drug Abuse Top Concerns for Kids
- Depression Raises Women's Stroke Risk
- Gene Discovery Could Lead to New Stroke Treatments
- Heart Testing Overused, Report Finds
- Electromagnetic Fields Linked to Asthma in Kids
- Family History's Role in Heart Attack and Stroke
- Strokes During Pregnancy, Childbirth on the Rise
- Heart Disease Prevention Saves Lives and Money
- 'Explosion' of Sex-Spread Hepatitis C in HIV-Positive Men
- Size Counts When It Comes to Sex
- Healthy Lifestyle Cuts Risk of Sudden Cardiac Death
- Late Talkers Not at Risk for Behavior Problems Later On
- Study: Chantix May Be Linked to Heart Risk
- Unhealthy Eating Habits Start Early
- Can HPV Vaccine Stop Throat Cancer?
- FDA Unveils Graphic Images for Cigarette Packs
- Cancer Deaths in U.S. Still Dropping
- FDA: Chantix Linked to Heart Attack in People With Heart Disease
- More Olive Oil in Diet Could Cut Stroke Risk: Study
- Americans' Eating Habits Worsen
- Lung Protein May Predict Heart Risk
- Why Smokers Gain Weight When Quitting
- Facial Wrinkles Linked to Lower Bone Density
- Study: Mental Health Is Top Concern for Youth
- Smoking Raises Risk of Peripheral Artery Disease
- Mental Illness Linked to Greater Risk of Death After Heart Attack
- Study: Stress Is Not Linked to MS Risk
- Eating Meat May Raise Colon Cancer Risk
- Decade's Top 10 Public Health Achievements
- Coffee May Lower Prostate Cancer Risk
- Why Some Smokers Have a Harder Time Quitting
- Nicotine-Free 'Fake' Cigarettes May Help Smokers Quit
- Many Strokes Occur in Sleep, Preventing Treatment
- 8 Stroke Triggers for Those With Untreated Aneurysm
- Secondhand Smoke Derails Quit-Smoking Efforts
- FDA to Regulate E-Cigarettes Just Like Tobacco
- Worst U.S. Air: Bakersfield Calif.; Best: Honolulu, Santa Fe
- Death Rate Declines for Americans With Hypertension
- Extreme Obesity Linked to Dangerous Behaviors in Teens
- CDC: More States Need to Go 'Smoke-Free'
- Vegetarians May Have Lower Risk of Cataracts
- Calcium Supplements May Increase Heart Risk
- Study: ADHD Linked to Preterm Birth
- Strawberries May Help Prevent Esophageal Cancer
- Periodic Fasting May Cut Risk of Heart Disease, Diabetes
- 'Mini-Strokes' May Increase Risk of Heart Attack
- Relationship Troubles Add to 'Pre-Baby' Blues
- New Technique May Help Diagnose Asthma, COPD
- Apple-Shaped Obesity, Other Forms Equally Risky, Study Finds
- Toenail Nicotine Test May Predict Lung Cancer
- Secondhand Smoke Raises Stillbirth Risk
- Serena Williams' Pulmonary Embolism, Hematoma: FAQ
- Study Finds Smoking Linked to Breast Cancer Risk
- U.S. Breast Cancer Rates No Longer Declining
- Kidney Cancer on the Rise
- Salty Diet Linked to Stroke Risk
- Survey: E-Cigarettes May Help Smokers Quit
- Pollution May Aggravate Skin Damage From Sun
- Back Pain May Be Inherited
- Many in U.S. Get Unneeded Heart Screening Tests
- Simple Steps to Prevent Common Cancers
- Iowa, Mass. Lead U.S. in Children's Health Care
- Stroke History of Moms Predicts Risk for Daughters
- Secondhand Smoke Raises Kids' Ear Infection Risk
- Self-Control in Childhood Brings Adult Success
- Heart Benefits for Women Who Cut Hypertension
- Women Who Smoke May Raise Breast Cancer Risk
- New Recommendations for Osteoporosis Screening
- 5-a-Day ‘Not Enough' Fruits and Vegetables
- Cigarette Ads a Powerful Lure for Teen Smoking
- Healthy Hearts in Mediterranean Lands? Maybe Not
- Risks of Thirdhand Cigarette Smoke Can Linger
- Michael Douglas: Throat Cancer Survivor
- Fewer Americans Have AMD
- Smoking May Interfere With RA Treatment
- Women With MS More Likely to Have Gene Mutation
- Smoking May Worsen Cancer Pain
- Low Vitamin D in Newborns Linked to Wheezing
- The Deadliest Diets
- Fast Lane to Autism: Living Near Freeways
- Smoking Raises Rheumatoid Arthritis Risk
- FDA Panel Supports New Obesity Drug
- Aspirin Cuts Death Rate From Several Common Cancers
- Healthy Lifestyle May Help Prevent Stroke
- Every Excess Pound Gained Raises Risk of Death
- Older Antidepressants Linked to Heart Risk
- Oxytocin More Than Mere 'Love Hormone'
- Secondhand Smoke Risks Hearing Loss
- Americans Lack Basic Facts on Lung Cancer
- Low Testosterone Raises Heart Death Risk
- Teen Binge Drinking Linked to Attention Problems
- Smoking Raises Surgery Risks
- BPA in Pregnancy: Cashiers, Canned Veggie Eaters Beware?
- Arthritis on the Increase; Obesity Partly to Blame
- CDC: Binge Drinking 'Huge U.S. Health Problem'
- E-Cigarette Firms Get FDA Warning
- Heart Disease Risk Varies by Education Level
- Hormone in Hair May Reveal Heart Risk
- Michael Douglas and Throat Cancer FAQ
- Even Low Tobacco Smoke Exposure Is Risky
- Study: Diet Sodas May Raise Risk of Preterm Delivery
- Wine May Cut Decline in Thinking Skills
- Obesity, Smoking Linked to Teen Migraines
- Risky Combo: Cigarettes and Other Tobacco Forms
- Stop-Smoking Aid Chantix Sparks Safety Concerns
- Sit More, Die Sooner
- AIDS Patients Cite Stigma, Depression
- Study: Obesity Predicts Psoriatic Arthritis
- New Insurance Rules: Free Preventive Health Care
- Premature Birth Rate Is Dropping
- Decline in Teen Smoking Rate Levels Off
- Genetics May Personalize Quit-Smoking Methods
- Study: High-Fructose Diets May Raise Blood Pressure
- Lots of Coffee Lowers Oral Cancer Risk
- Tea, Coffee Drinkers Have Lower Heart Risk
- Alcohol Associated With Lower Risk of Arthritis
- Healthy Diet May Cut Colorectal Cancer Risk
- Vitamin B6 Linked to Lower Lung Cancer Risk
- Heart Attacks Down Sharply, Study Finds
- Short People May Have Increased Heart Risk
- Drug Tests Often Trigger False Positives
- Brushing Teeth May Keep Away Heart Disease
- ED a Red Flag for Heart Attack, Strokes
- Debate Over U.S. Plan to Cut Salt in Diet
- Processed Meat Linked to Heart, Diabetes Risks
- Vitamin E May Lower Women's Lung Disease Risk
- Breastfeeding Cuts Fever Risk After Vaccines
- New Birth Control Pill Natazia Gets FDA Approval
- Infections, Fractures Linked to Acid Reflux Drugs
- Hookahs Safer Than Cigarettes? A Pipe Dream
- Air Pollution Increases Heart Attack, Stroke Risk
- Environmental Cancer Risk 'Grossly Underestimated'?
- Workplace Stress Raises Heart Risk for Women
- Birth Control Pills Put Brakes on Women's Sex Drive
- Is Drinking Wine a Key to Antiaging?
- What a Bad Lifestyle Does to Your Life Span
- Tobacco Control Programs Cut Smoking Rates
- Secondhand Smoke Linked to Chronic Sinusitis
- Depressed People Smoke More, Quit Less
- Osteoporosis Patients Underestimate Fracture Risk
- Brisk Walking Reduces Stroke Risk
- Fruits, Vegetables Offer Little Cancer Protection
- Too Much Alcohol? Friends May Be to Blame
- Test May Reveal Early Signs of Emphysema
- Should Healthy People Take Statins?
- Cancer Linked to Other Chronic Illnesses
- Overactive Thyroid May Raise Early Stroke Risk
- Debate Sharpens Over Menthol Cigarettes
- FDA Panel Mulls Fate of Menthol Cigarettes
- Drug Plus Weight Counseling Helps Women Quit Smoking
- FDA Expands Ban on Tobacco Sales, Ads for Kids
- Good and Bad Health Habits in U.S.
- Coffee May Cut Risk of Heart Rhythm Problems
- New Nicotine Inhaler May Help Smokers Quit
- Belly Fat Is Culprit in Stroke Gender Gap
- Strokes Are Increasing Among Young
- Single Men Have Higher Risk of Stroke
- Medical Marijuana Has Merit, Research Shows
- New Way to Predict Women's Heart Risk
- Thirdhand Smoke Creates Indoor Cancer Risk
- Happy, Healthy, Valentine!
- 10 Ways to Manage Low Back Pain at Home
- Heart Attack Symptoms in Women
- 6 Secrets to Gorgeous Skin
- 10 Ways to Help Boost Your Good Cholesterol
- Mind Over Matter: Tobacco Addiction
- 10 Persistent Myths About Smoking
- In One Year, Out the Other
- FDA: Boxed Warning on Serious Mental Health Events to be Required for Chantix
- 6 Tips - For Kicking Bad Habits
- Control Your Weight and Quit Smoking
- Insomnia: What You Eat Can Sabotage Your Sleep
- Lung Cancer Prevention
- Quit Smoking
- Women and Smoking, Killer Combination
- Public Health - Top Ten Achievements Of The Century!
- Who's Watching Our Teens?
- Smoking in Men
- Smoking: Angry People Born to Smoke
- Smoking Still Kills In U.S.
- Smoking - Another Reason To Kick The Habit
- Alcohol, Coffee, Smoking and High Blood Pressure
- Nicotine Water Dumped By FDA
- Nicotine Lollipops & Lipbalm Warning
- The Dangers Secondhand Smoke