Sleep apnea is defined as a reduction or cessation of breathing during sleep. The three types of sleep apnea are central apnea, obstructive apnea (OSA), and a mixture of central and obstructive apnea. Central sleep apnea is caused by a failure of the brain to activate the muscles of breathing during sleep. OSA is caused by the collapse of the airway during sleep. OSA is diagnosed and evaluated through patient history, physical examination and polysomnography. There are many complications related to obstructive sleep apnea. Treatments are surgical and non-surgical.Read more: Sleep Apnea Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Picture of Airway
The path air follows to get into and out of the lungs. See a picture of Airway and learn more about the health topic....
Sleep Disorders: Insomnia, Sleep Apnea, and More
Learn about the different types of sleep disorders such as insomnia and sleep apnea. Explore the symptoms, causes, tests and...
Sleep: What Are the Best Sleeping Positions?
What is the best sleep position? Do you dream of sleep that does not aggravate back pain, neck pain, snoring, arthritis, or sleep...
Top Reasons Children Can't Sleep in Pictures
From snoring and nightmares to sleep apnea and even you, see the bad habits that are keeping your child up all night....
Related Disease Conditions
Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
Sinus infection (sinusitis) is caused by allergies, infection, and chemicals or other irritants of sinuses. Signs and symptoms...
12 Congestive Heart Failure Symptoms, Stages, Causes, and Life Expectancy
Congestive heart failure (CHF) refers to a condition in which the heart loses the ability to function properly. Heart disease,...
Tonsillitis and Adenoiditis
Tonsillitis is a contagious infection with symptoms of bad breath, snoring, congestion, headache, hoarseness, laryngitis, and...
IBS Triggers (Prevention)
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a functional disease that can affect the quality of those who suffer from this condition....
Stroke (Signs, Symptoms, Warning Signs)
A stroke is an interruption of the blood supply to part of the brain caused by either a blood clot (ischemic) or bleeding...
Obesity is the state of being well above one's normal weight. A person has traditionally been considered to be obese if they are...
Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome (TMJ)
Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) syndrome is a disorder that causes symptoms like pain, clicking, and popping of the jaw. TMJ is...
Polycythemia (High Red Blood Cell Count)
Polycythemia (elevated red blood cell count) is a rare blood disease in which the body produces too many red blood cells....
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) Signs, Causes, Diet, and Treatment
High blood pressure (hypertension) is a disease in which pressure within the arteries of the body is elevated. About 75 million...
Hypothyroidism (Symptoms, Diet, Natural and Medical Treatments, Tests)
Hypothyroidism is any state in which thyroid hormone production is below normal. Normally, the rate of thyroid hormone...
Insulin resistance is the diminished ability of cells to respond to the action of insulin in transporting glucose (sugar) from...
Sexual Problems in Men
Male sexual dysfunction can be caused by physical or psychological problems. Common sexual problems in men include erectile...
Restless Leg Syndrome (Symptoms, Causes, Treatment Medications, Home Remedies)
Restless leg syndrome (RLS) is a common cause for painful legs that typically eases with motion, and becomes worse and more...
Heart disease (coronary artery disease) occurs when plaque builds up in the coronary arteries, the vessels that supply blood to...
Fatigue (Symptoms, Causes, Treatment)
Fatigue can be described in various ways. Sometimes fatigue is described as feeling a lack of energy and motivation (both mental...
GERD (Acid Reflux, Heartburn)
GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) is a condition in which the acidified liquid contents of the stomach backs up into the...
A heart attack happens when a blood clot completely obstructs a coronary artery supplying blood to the heart muscle. A heart...
Heart failure (congestive) is caused by many conditions including coronary artery disease, heart attack, cardiomyopathy, and...
Strep Throat (Treatment, Causes, Home Remedies)
Strep throat is a bacterial infection of the throat. Signs and symptoms of strep throat include headache, nausea, vomiting, sore...
Fatty Liver (NASH)
Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease or NASH occurs due to the accumulation of abnormal amounts of fat within the liver. Fatty liver...
Marfan syndrome is hereditary (genetic) condition affecting connective tissue. A person with Marfan syndrome may exhibit the...
Anxiety is a feeling of apprehension and fear characterized by symptoms such as trouble concentrating, headaches, sleep problems,...
High Blood Pressure Treatment (Natural Home Remedies, Diet, Medications)
High blood pressure (hypertension) means high pressure (tension) in the arteries. Treatment for high blood pressure include...
A deviate septum is a condition that may require surgery. With a deviated septum, the bone and cartilage that divide the nasal...
Hypoxia is a condition in which the normal concentration of oxygen in the blood is not enough for normal life functions. Symptoms...
Seizures Symptoms and Types
Seizures are divided into two categories: generalized and partial. Generalized seizures are produced by electrical impulses from...
Snoring (Causes, Aids, Remedies, Solutions)
Snoring, like all other sounds, is caused by vibrations that cause particles in the air to form sound waves. While we are asleep,...
Depression is an illness that involves the body, mood, and thoughts and affects the way a person eats and sleeps, the way one...
Pulmonary Hypertension (Symptoms, Treatment Medications, Life Expectancy)
Pulmonary hypertension is an increase pressure in the pulmonary arteries that carry blood from the lungs to the heart. The most...
Urinary Incontinence in Children
Urinary incontinence in children (enuresis) is twice as common in boys as in girls and may occur during the daytime or nighttime....
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS or SEID)
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) or systemic exertion intolerance disease (SEID) is a debilitating and complex disorder...
Sleep Disorders (How to Get a Good Night's Sleep)
A number of vital tasks carried out during sleep help maintain good health and enable people to function at their best. Sleep...
Sudden Cardiac Arrest
Sudden cardiac arrest is an unexpected, sudden death caused by sudden cardiac arrest (loss of heart function). Causes and risk...
Abnormal Heart Rhythms (Heart Rhythm Disorders)
Heart rhythm disorders vary from minor palpitations, premature atrial contractions (PACs), premature ventricular contractions...
Hypersomnia is a condition where a person has excessive daytime sleepiness and trouble staying awake during the day. Treatment...
Atrial Fibrillation (AFib) Symptoms, ECG, and Treatment Medications
Atrial fibrillation (AF or AFib) is an abnormality in the heart rhythm which involves irregular and often rapid beating of the...
The main features of metabolic syndrome include insulin resistance, hypertension (high blood pressure), cholesterol...
Sleepwalking (Causes, Symptoms, Treatment)
Sleepwalking is a condition in which an individual walks or does other activities while asleep. Factors associated with...
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
The cause of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) is unknown. The risk of SIDS peaks in infants 2-4 months of age. SIDS is more...
Men's health is an important component to a happy lifestyle and healthy relationships. Eating healthy, exercise, managing stress,...
Women's health is an important topic area to guide a woman through the stages of her life, as well as knowing the conditions and...
Scar formation is a natural part of the healing process after injury. The depth and size of the wound incision and the location...
Insomnia (Symptoms, Causes, Remedies, and Cures)
Insomnia is the perception or complaint of inadequate or poor-quality sleep because of difficulty falling asleep; waking up...
Enjoying a healthy diet helps to prevent diseases. A good diet also helps to: control celiac disease, control diabetes,...
A common form of short stature, achondroplasia (dwarfism) is a genetic condition causing a disorder of bone growth. Complications...
Narcolepsy (Definition, Symptoms, Treatment, Medication)
Causes of narcolepsy, a chronic disease of the central nervous system, have not been fully determined. Some theories include...
Fast-food consumption and lack of exercise are just a couple of causes of childhood obesity. Health effects of childhood obesity...
Sexual Problems (Sex) in Women
Sexual dysfunction refers to a problem that arises during any phase of the sexual response cycle, preventing an individual or...
Stretch marks occur in the dermis, the elastic middle layer of skin that allows it to retain its shape. When the skin is...
The allergic cascade refers to allergic reactions that happen in the body in response to allergens. A variety of immune cells and...
Lewy Body Dementia (Dementia with Lewy Bodies)
Lewy body dementia (LBD or dementia with Lewy bodies) is one the most common causes of dementia. There are two types of LBD: 1)...
Sleep and Sleep Disorders in Children and Teenagers
Sleep needs in children and teenagers depend on the age of the child. Sleep disorders in children such as: sleep apnea,...
Snoring is caused by the vibrations of the soft tissues at the back of the nose and throat while a person sleeps. There are many...
When sleepiness interferes with daily routines and activities, or reduces the ability to function, it is called "problem...
Nightmares are dreams that cause high anxiety or terror. Nightmares may be a part of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and...
Sleep Related Breathing Disorders
Sleep-related breathing disorders are characterized by disruptions of normal breathing patterns that only occur during sleep....
Weight Control and Smoking Cessation
One concern smokers have when considering quitting smoking is weight gain. Not everyone will gain weight when they stop smoking....
Regular physical activity can reduce the risk of disease. Regular exercise can also reduce the symptoms of stress and anxiety....
Local ResourcesFind a local Sleep Specialist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Weight Loss
- Fatigue, Tiredness, and Lethargy
- Weight Gain
- Difficulty Concentrating
- Nasal Congestion
- Sleep Apnea
- How to Choose a Doctor
- Doctor: Checklist to Take To Your Doctor's Appointment
- Doctor: Getting the Most from Your Doctor's Appointment
- Sleep Disorders in Adults
- Sleep Disorders
- Sleep and Health for Older Americans -- Sonia Ancoli-Israel, PhD
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- Common Sleep Myths Endanger Public Health
- CPAP Brings Longer Life for Obese People With Sleep Apnea: Study
- Sleep Apnea May Be Linked With Alzheimer's Marker
- Sleeping In on Weekends May Not Repay Your Sleep 'Debt'
- Evening Exercise Won't Wreck Your Sleep
- Insomnia May Be in Your Genes
- Sleep Apnea Patients Who Are Drowsy During the Day at Risk for Heart Woes
- Why Sleepless Nights Can Mean More Painful Days
- Sleep Patterns May Offer Clues to Alzheimer's
- Catching Up on News About Catch-Up Sleep
- Sleep, Don't Cram, Before Finals for Better Grades
- Health Tip: What Causes Memory Loss?
- Health Tip: Risk Factors For AFib
- Working More, But Getting Less Done?
- After a Spouse's Death, Sleep Woes Up Health Risks
- Sleepy Drivers Involved in 100,000 Crashes a Year
- Here's Something to Sleep On
- How Much He Sleeps May Affect His Stroke Risk
- Scientists Developing Blood Test for Drowsy Driving
- Easing Sleep Apnea May Be Key to Stroke Recovery
- Heart Defects, Sleep Apnea a Deadly Mix for Infants
- Parents Blame Smartphones, Tablets for Teens' Sleep Troubles
- Daytime Drowsiness a Sign of Alzheimer's?
- Sleep Apnea Often Missed in Black Americans
- Sleep Apnea Might Raise Odds for Painful Gout
- For a Healthier Heart, Stick to 6 to 8 Hours of Sleep
- Sound Advice for a Sound Sleep
- Health Tip: Suggestions For a Better Night's Sleep
- Sleepless Nights Haunt 1 in 4 Americans
- Wind Turbines' Health Impact Still Up in the Air
- Snorers, Could CPAP Help Your Sex Life, Too?
- CBD Oil: All the Rage, But Is It Really Safe and Effective?
- Medical Marijuana May Not Help Your Sleep Apnea: Experts
- Who Lives Longer -- Night Owls or Early Birds?
- Even When You Think You're Not Sleepy, Your Car Crash Risk Rises
- Sleepless Nights Show Ties To Alzheimer's Risk
- Health Tip: Speak With Your Doctor if You Aren't Sleeping Well
- Help for When You're Wide-Eyed at 3 a.m.
- Poor College Grades? Maybe Your Class Schedule Is to Blame
- Poor Sleep May Heighten Alzheimer's Risk
- Health Tip: Risk Factors For Insomnia
- Health Tip: When Noise Interrupts Sleep
- Skipping CPAP May Mean Return to the Hospital for Apnea Patients
- Tackling Menopausal Sleep Problems From Other Angles
- Health Tip: Sleep Better
- Life's Hassles May Give You Nightmares … Literally
- Health Tip: Plan for Better Sleep
- People With Epilepsy May Gain From Common Sleep Apnea Treatment
- People With Epilepsy May Gain From Common Sleep Apnea Treatment
- Health Tip: Stress Can Impact Sleep
- Sleep Apnea May Boost Alzheimer's Risk
- Bad Hot Flashes, Sleep Apnea Often Go Together
- Remede System Approved for Sleep Apnea
- 1 in 3 Seniors Take Sleep Aids
- Sleep Deprivation a Serious Threat to Health: Expert
- Nerve 'Zap' Treatment Could Be Alternative to CPAP for Sleep Apnea
- Health Tip: Treating Sleep Apnea
- Sleepless Nights Plague Many Women in Middle Age
- Sleep Apnea Wreaks Havoc on Your Metabolism
- Could You Have Sleep Apnea?
- Health Tip: Sleepiness on the Job
- Preterm Birth Risk Spikes in Mothers With Sleep Disorders
- Videotaping Sleepers Raises CPAP Use
- Can Poor Sleep Boost Odds for Alzheimer's?
- CPAP Mask Not a Prescription for Heart Troubles
- How Poor Sleep Might Raise Odds for Alzheimer's
- Living With Purpose May Help Seniors Sleep Soundly
- Sleep Problems: An Early Warning Sign of Alzheimer's?
- Cocaine, Other Drugs Detected in Carrie Fisher's System After Her Death
- Health Tip: If You Have Sleep Apnea
- Sleepless Nights Could Pose Heart Risk Dangers
- Sleep Apnea May Boost Odds of Irregular Heartbeat
- Sleep Apnea May Boost Pregnancy Complications
- Docs May Not Spot Sleep Apnea, Insomnia in Blacks
- Don't Give Kids Medicines With Codeine, Tramadol: FDA
- Good Sleep Does Get Tougher With Age
- Curbing Sleep Apnea Might Mean Fewer Night Trips to Bathroom
- Better Sleep Could Mean Better Sex for Older Women
- Jury Still Out on Whether to Screen All Adults for Sleep Apnea
- Should More Kids Have Their Tonsils Out?
- U.S. Report Cites the Good and Bad on Marijuana
- Sleep Apnea May Boost Risk for Post-Op Problems
- Sleep Troubles, Heart Troubles?
- For Those With Sleep Apnea, Maybe It's Time for a Driving Test
- Sleep Apnea Mask Treatment Fails to Curb Heart Risks
- Study Links Sleep Problems to Stroke Risk, Recovery
- Sleep Disorders 6 Times Higher Among Veterans
- Health Tip: Exercise for Better Sleep
- Poor Sleep May Worsen Thinking Problems in MS Patients
- Sleep Apnea Tied to Complications After Angioplasty
- Sleep Apnea May Raise Risks for Angioplasty Patients
- Severe, Untreated Sleep Apnea Linked to Aggressive Melanoma
- Young Children With Sleep Apnea May Face Learning Difficulties: Study
- Sleep Apnea May Raise Heart Risks in People With Pacemakers
- Fatty Foods, Drowsy Days
- Desperate for Shut-Eye?
- Health Tip: Considering a CPAP for Sleep Apnea?
- Crash Risk Soars When Truck Drivers Don't Treat Sleep Apnea: Study
- Still Tired After Getting Your Zzz's? You Might Have Sleep Apnea
- Smoothing the Transition to Daylight Saving Time
- Poor Sleep May Not Add to Cholesterol Problems, Study Finds
- Sleep Apnea May Take Toll on Your Mood, Thinking Skills
- Health Tip: Promote Better Sleep for You and Your Partner
- Sleepless Nights Might Raise Women's Type 2 Diabetes Risk
- Statins May Reduce Heart Risks Linked to Sleep Apnea: Study
- Too Often, CPAP Is Only Sleep Apnea Treatment Offered
- Sleep Apnea Devices Lower Blood Pressure
- Trouble Sleeping? New Treatment Options May Help
- Sleep Patterns May Affect a Woman's Diabetes Risk
- Sleep Apnea May Raise Women's Heart Risk, But Not Men's
- Implanted Device May Help Ease Sleep Apnea, Small Study Shows
- Sleep Apnea May Raise Risk of Depression
- Daytime Napping Linked to Diabetes Risk
- Tonsillectomy for Sleep Apnea Carries Risks for Some Kids: Study
- Health Tip: When a Child Has Sleep Apnea
- Sleep Apnea Treatment May Reverse Unhealthy Brain Changes
- Sinus Surgery May Also Ease Sleep Apnea
- Sleep Apnea May Hurt Kids' Grades
- Sleep Problems May Contribute to Health Disparities in America
- 'Talk Therapy' May Help Persistent Sleeplessness
- Alzheimer's-Linked Brain Proteins Tied to Poor Sleep in Study
- Vets With PTSD Might Need Sleep Apnea Screening: Study
- Sleep Apnea May Boost Depression Risk in Men, Study Finds
- Sleep Apnea Treatment May Help Lower Diabetes Risk for Some
- Could Blowing Your Horn Cut Your Odds for Sleep Apnea?
- Treating Sleep Apnea May Help Those With Heart Rhythm Disorder
- Heavy Snoring, Apnea Tied to Earlier Brain Troubles
- Health Tip: Talking in Your Sleep
- Health Tip: Sleep More Comfortably With a CPAP Mask
- Morphine After Tonsillectomy Tied to Breathing Problems in Study
- Health Tip: When Obesity Affects Sleep
- Asthma Tied to Higher Risk of Sleep Apnea
- Health Tip: If Snoring Keeps You up at Night
- Health Tip: Warning Signs of Sleep Apnea
- Sleep Apnea May Raise Risk for Dementia
- For Young Kids, Too Little Sleep Linked to Later Obesity
- Full Bladder May Get a Third of Women Over 40 Up at Night
- Sleep Apnea May Lower Your Aerobic Fitness
- Sleep Apnea Linked to Kidney Disease Progression in Diabetics
- Undiagnosed Sleep Problems May Be Common Among Firefighters
- Sleep Apnea May Steal Some of Your Memory: Study
- Sleep Apnea Gear Doesn't Squelch Sex Life, Study Says
- Smoking-Related Illnesses in U.S. Total 14 Million, Report Finds
- Could a 'Fat Tongue' Be a Factor in Sleep Apnea?
- Untreated Sleep Apnea May Raise Risk of Surgical Complications: Study
- Study: Undiagnosed Sleep Disorders Common With Multiple Sclerosis
- Cutting Calories May Ease Sleep Apnea in Obese, Study Finds
- Sleep Apnea Treatment Helps Seniors, Study Finds
- Everest Study Finds High Altitude Affects Blood Pressure
- 'Sleep Drunkenness' Is Common and Linked to Other Behavior Issues
- Severe Sleep Apnea May Boost Odds for Stubborn High Blood Pressure
- No Link Between Sleep Apnea, Cancer, Study Finds
- Portable Monitors OK for Spotting Sleep Apnea: New Guidelines
- Tonsillectomy for Sleep Apnea May Trigger Weight Gain
- Treating Sleep Apnea May Lower Heart Risks, Study Finds
- CPAP Mask Success May Depend on Family Support, Study Finds
- Sleep Apnea May Raise Risk of Diabetes, Research Suggests
- Snoring, High Blood Pressure in Pregnancy May Raise Apnea Risk
- Sleep Apnea 'CPAP' Masks Might Help Ease High Blood Pressure
- Sleep Apnea Linked to Raised Stroke Risk in Women, Too
- More Americans Hospitalized for Irregular Heartbeat, Study Finds
- Sleep Apnea Linked to Raised Risk of Death in Pregnancy
- For Many Men, Impotence Is Treatable Without Drugs
- Tonsillectomy May Spur Weight Gain in Kids, But Won't Cause Obesity: Study
- Sleep Apnea May Be Linked to Poor Bone Health
- Insomnia May Raise Stroke Risk, Especially for Younger Adults
- Health Tip: Help a Loved One With Sleep Apnea
- Sleep Apnea Might Raise Pneumonia Risk: Study
- Stroke Can Cause Sleep Apnea in Some Patients
- Preemie Breathing Problems Might Linger in Adulthood
- Sleep Apnea Common After Spinal Cord Injury, Study Finds
- U.S. Children's Hospitals Vary Widely In Tonsillectomy Care
- Women More Open to Weight-Loss Surgery
- Chest Implant Might Help With Hard-to-Treat Sleep Apnea
- 'Low T' Therapy: Is It for Me?
- Review Finds Weight-Loss Surgery Safe and Effective
- Treating Sleep Apnea Might Be a Win-Win for Golfers
- Bad Night's Sleep May Raise Blood Pressure in Kids
- Treating Sleep Apnea May Lower Hard-to-Control Blood Pressure
- Weight Loss Can Combat Irregular Heart Beat, Study Says
- New Study Paints Grim Health Picture for Obese Teens
- Study Raises Questions About Testosterone Therapy
- Weight-Loss Surgery Safe for Very Obese Teens, Study Says
- As Clocks Turn Back on Sunday, Think About Better Sleep
- Poor Sleep Habits Linked With Chronic Diseases, Study Says
- Sleep Apnea Treatment May Help Patients Look Better
- Health Tip: Is a Medical Condition Affecting Your Weight?
- Prescription Sleep Aids a Common Choice for American Insomnia
- Sleep Apnea Seen in Pregnant Women With Gestational Diabetes
- Sleep Apnea May Be Linked to Glaucoma, Study Says
- Respiratory Therapy May Lower Death Risk for Some Sleep Apnea Patients
- Sleep Apnea Treatment Eases Nightmares in Vets With PTSD: Study
- Sleep Tips for Summer Nights
- Health Tip: Understanding Excessive Sleepiness
- Consistent Bedtime Helps People Stick With Sleep Apnea Treatment
- Removing Tonsils Helps Kids With Sleep Apnea, Study Finds
- Sleep Apnea in Seniors Tied to Alzheimer's in Study
- Obesity Crisis May Be Fueling Big Jump in Sleep Apnea Cases
- Treating Sleep Apnea Pays Off at Work, Study Finds
- Common Sleep Disorder May Impair Drivers, Research Suggests
- Health Tip: Poor Sleep Can Hurt Your Heart...
- Sleep Apnea Treated Successfully in Non-Specialty Centers
- Exercise Leads to Better Sleep: Poll
- Health Tip: Could You Have Sleep Apnea?
- Most U.S. Soldiers May Suffer From Sleep Problems
- Health Tip: Excessively Sleepy?
- Vitamin D Levels Linked to Daytime Sleepiness
- Combo Therapy May Help Ease Sleep Apnea at High Altitude
- Sleep Apnea Tied to More Brain Damage in Women Than Men
- Study: Treating Sleep Disorder May Thwart Heart Disease
- Deep Belly Fat Could Weaken Men's Bones, Study Suggests
- Losing Weight May Improve Sleep Quality
- Insomnia May Raise Risk of Heart Attack, Stroke
- Power Slowly Returns to Much of Northeast After Sandy
- Sandy's Death Toll Rises, Even as East Coast Struggles Back to Life
- Sandy's Wrath Brings Massive Blackouts, Flooding Across Northeast
- Does Sleep Apnea Offer Some Protection During Heart Attack?
- 10-Minute 'Tension Tamer' at Bedtime May Help You Sleep: Study
- Sleepless Nights Might Raise Odds for Diabetes
- Obese Pregnant Women With Sleep Apnea May Have More Delivery Complications
- After Tonsillectomy, Steroids May Not Increase Bleeding
- Obesity Surgery Seems to Reduce Heart Risks, Study Says
- Comparison of Obesity Surgeries Turns Up Surprising Results
- Younger Kids Likelier to Gain Weight After Tonsillectomy
- Bus, Truck Drivers May Downplay Sleep Troubles
- Sleep Problems Linked to More Special Ed
- Snoring Kids Should Be Screened for Sleep Apnea: Experts
- Sleep Boosts Memory for Parkinson's Patients, Study Suggests
- Sleep Apnea Affects Many Women, Too
- Modest Weight Loss Can Reap Prolonged Health Benefits
- Health Tip: Why Some Seniors Can't Sleep
- Weight-Loss Surgery May Not Cut Medical Costs: Study
- Smoking, Pesticides Might Spur Rare 'Sleep-Kicking' Disorder
- Sleep Apnea May Be Linked to Nerve Damage in Diabetics
- Sleep Apnea May Spur Carb Cravings in Diabetics
- Sleep Apnea Treatment Might Boost Men's Sex Lives
- Overweight Kids May Do Worse in Math: Study
- Obesity, Depression Linked to Daytime Sleepiness
- Sleep Apnea in Teens Linked to Social, Behavioral Woes
- Sleep Apnea Therapy Might Ease Depression, Too
- Sleep Habits in U.S. Vary by Race, Native Country: Study
- Too Little Sleep Tied to Stroke Risk
- Feeling Lackadaisical? Sleep Apnea May Be to Blame
- 'CPAP Machine Changed My Life'
- Sleep Apnea: Treatment May Help Keep BP Low
- Sleep Apnea Linked to Higher Cancer Death Risk
- Sleepwalking May Be More Common Than You Think
- Weight-Loss Surgery May Also Help Menstruation, Skin, Hair
- Weight-Loss Surgery Beat Drugs for Cutting Diabetes in Very Obese
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea May Be Linked to Depression
- Sleep Apnea Linked to Depression
- Both Too Little and Too Much Sleep Bad for the Heart: Study
- Health Tip: If You Can't Sleep
- ICU May Not Be Needed After Sleep Apnea Surgery
- Sleep Apnea Treatment May Help Ward Off Heart Failure: Study
- Kids' Snoring Linked to Behavioral Problems
- Study: Sleep Disturbances Not Linked to Aging
- Treating Sleep Apnea in Kids Improves Behavior, Quality of Life
- Sleep Apnea May Be Tied to 'Silent' Strokes, Study Finds
- Americans Aren't Getting Any Skinnier
- Women Suffer From Sleep Apnea, Raised Heart Risks, Too
- Poor Sleep May Complicate Young Diabetics' Blood Sugar Control
- Driving Isn't An Issue for Most People With Diabetes
- Police Officers Often Robbed of Sleep
- Apnea Treatment Might Reduce Signs of Heart Disease Risk
- 'Ecstasy' May Cause Long-Term Changes in Brain Chemistry
- FDA Reconsiders Weight Loss Drug Qnexa
- Lack of Sleep, Overweight Linked to Kids' Learning Problems
- Insomnia Might Boost Heart Attack Risk
- Sleeping Soon After Dinner May Raise Stroke Risk
- Poor Sleep May Raise Blood Pressure
- Snuff Use During Pregnancy Is Harmful to Newborns
- Exercise Improves Sleep and Nighttime Breathing Troubles
- Weight Loss May Improve Sleep Apnea
- Sleep Apnea, Daytime Sleepiness: Risky Combo
- Women Give Up Sleep to Care for Others
- New Guidelines on When Kids Need Tonsillectomies
- How Much Sleep Do You Really Need?
- Sex While Asleep
- How to Pick Your Perfect Mattress
- Snuggle Up With the Perfect Pillow
- Tackling Toddler Sleep Problems
- Nix the Nightcap for Better Sleep?
- Insomnia Symptoms and Causes
- Sleep: Counting Sheep?
- Obesity: Health Risks Associated with Obesity
- Sleep: When to Call the Doctor
- Sleep and Psychiatric Disorders
- Preventing Sleep Problems
- Sleep: Diagnosing Sleep Disorders
- Sleep Disorders: Behavioral Treatments
- Sleep Disorders: Medications
- Sleep Disorders: Alternative Treatments
- Sleep and Aging
- Sleep Problems in Kids
- Sleep Diary
- Sleep Disorders 101
- Sleep Disorders Fact or Fiction
- Sleep: How Did You Sleep Last Night?
- Medical Conditions Doctors Miss
- Sleep: A Good Nights Sleep
- Sleep Savvy Quiz
- Better Sleep Month
- Sleep - Five Stages Explained
- Snoring - What Is It?