Patient Comments: Sleep Disorder In Children And Teens - Symptoms

Does your child have a sleep disorder? What symptoms does he/she suffer? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: connie c, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 14

My daughter was diagnosed at 4 years old starting kindergarten that she may have ADHD (attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder) because she would not keep still or pay attention in class. So I decided to take her to a neurologist to see why she was behaving like she was. He ran test on her and that's when I found out that she has ADHD. We also discovered that she has sleeping disorder. She is now fourteen and she is still seeing her neurologist the same as before, every three months, but sad to say for about a year and a half now she is diagnosed with an eating disorder. It is called BEDS (binge eating disorder). It has been hard to find a specialist to take her to but I am getting close to finding someone to help my baby girl. It is really stressful, cooking for her or getting snack from the store. I mean it is every day and it seems to be endless. I am constantly in the kitchen first thing in the morning, last thing at night and it goes on all day. When she does manage to get sleep her hunger even wakes her up in the middle of her sleeping, no matter what time of night. This to me is severe, she is never full.

Comment from: teddy, 7-12 Male (Caregiver) Published: September 30

My 10 year old grandson wakes up with violent headache, dizziness, vomiting, and tachycardia once every three months. It has happened 4 times now. The first time it happened though he was playing video games not reclining.

Comment from: Julie, 7-12 Male (Caregiver) Published: April 05

My son is 9 years old. He has ADHD. He is taking Vyvanse 30 mg. Three weeks ago he also began taking Intuniv 2 mg. Three days ago he got up making noises and crying. He walks in circles in his room, and then goes to the bed and jumps on it and then he walks in circles again – the whole while being asleep.

Causes of Fatigue Slideshow Pictures