A number of vital tasks carried out during sleep help maintain good health and enable people to function at their best. Sleep needs vary from individual to individual and change throughout your life. The National Institutes of Health recommend about 7-9 hours of sleep each night for older, school-aged children, teens, and most average adults; 10-12 for preschool-aged children; and 16-18 hours for newborns. There are two stages of sleep; 1) REM sleep (rapid-eye movement), and 2) NREM sleep (non-rapid-eye movement). The side effects of lack of sleep or insomnia include:
- Feeling sleepy during the day
- Concentration or memory problems
Lack of sleep and insomnia can be caused by medical conditions or diseases, medications, stress, or pain. The treatment for lack of sleep and insomnia depends upon the cause.Read more: Sleep Disorders (How to Get a Good Night's Sleep) Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Insomnia Quiz: What Is Insomnia?
Insomnia affects all age groups, and is the most common sleep disorder in the world. There also seems to be a link between...
Sleep Quiz: Sleep Hygiene & Sleep Facts
Take our Sleeping Quiz to learn which sleep disorders, causes, and symptoms rule the night. Trouble falling or staying asleep?...
Caffeine Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
If you can't function without your morning cup of java or your afternoon caffeine jolt, this quiz is for you. Learn about your...
Fibromyalgia Symptoms, Diagnosis & Treatment
What is fibromyalgia? Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition that causes pain and stiffness of the tendons, muscles, and joints....
Bed Bug Bites: Fighting Back Against Bedbugs
What does a bedbug look like? Learn to ID bedbugs and bedbug bites. Get tips on how to prevent, treat, and get rid of bedbugs....
How to Reduce Wrinkles With Lifestyle Changes
Learn how to protect your skin from wrinkles with these antiaging tricks such as sleep position, diet, and wrinkle treatments....
How to Prevent the Common Cold
The common cold is arguably the most common human illness. Learn how long the common cold lasts, treatment for the common cold...
Sleep Better, Conquer Insomnia
What is insomnia? Are you an insomniac? Learn 10 tips on how to get a good night's sleep and avoid sleep disorders such as...
Sex-Drive Killers: The Causes of Low Libido
Noticing a lack of intimacy with your partner? Here we explore how stress, lack of sleep, weight gain, depression and low T can...
How to Lose Weight Without Dieting: 24 Fast Facts
Weight loss without dieting? No diet, no problem. Learn the best way to lose weight with these weight loss tips designed to help...
Sleep Disorders: Insomnia, Sleep Apnea, and More
Learn about the different types of sleep disorders such as insomnia and sleep apnea. Explore the symptoms, causes, tests and...
ADHD in Children: Better Parenting
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a common disorder seen in children. Parents can learn tips and techniques to...
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) Symptoms and Diagnosis
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) can occur at any age for men or women. Learn more about the causes of chronic fatigue syndrome...
Jobs That May Ruin Your Sleep
Some jobs can lead to sleep problems like insomnia, especially for graveyard and other shift work. Learn how work can disrupt...
Top Reasons Children Can't Sleep in Pictures
From snoring and nightmares to sleep apnea and even you, see the bad habits that are keeping your child up all night....
Restless Legs Syndrome: 16 Natural Remedies and Treatment for RLS
Restless legs syndrome treatment includes natural remedies that you can implement at home. Use exercise, sleep hygiene, and...
20 Tips to Beat Insomnia and Sleep Better
Good sleep hygiene leads to better sleep. Avoid insomnia and sleep better by minimizing stress, exercising, and taking proper...
Top 13 Ways to Tame Eye Allergies
Eye allergies, or allergic conjunctivitis, cause itchy eyes and other allergic symptoms. Avoiding allergens and using medicated...
Women’s Health: 13 Hormone Imbalance Symptoms and Signs
Hormone imbalance involves changes in estrogen, progesterone, and other hormone levels. Hormonal imbalance may cause symptoms...
Ankylosing Spondylitis: Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Ankylosing spondylitis (AS)? Ankylosing spondylitis is arthritis of the spine. It causes symptoms like stiffness and...
Health & Balance: Don't Make These Morning Health Mistakes
Your morning routine can set the tone for the rest of your day. So don’t do these things when you get up!...
Sleep Cycle: What Happens When You Sleep
Sleep is a mystery to many of us, but scientists know quite a bit about how it affects us. Here's what happens to your body when...
Bed Basics: How to Get Your Best Sleep Ever
Sleep. It seems like the easiest thing in the world. Until it's not. See tips on how to get your best sleep. Our gallery shows...
Sleep: Health Benefits of Napping
Napping isn't just for babies. It can be great for adults, too. Learn why....
Sleepless? Know the Signs of Sleep Deprivation
Think you may have sleep deprivation? Whether short term or long term, sleep deprivation can cause trouble. From weight gain to...
Sleep Health: 20 Facts About Your Biological Body Clock
Biological clocks control much of human biology, including aging, hormones, sleep, fertility, and seasonal cycles. The body clock...
Related Disease Conditions
Sleep: A Dynamic Activity
Second Source article from Government...
Acne is a localized skin inflammation as a result of overactivity of oil glands at the base of hair follicles. This...
Tonsillitis and Adenoiditis
Tonsillitis is a contagious infection with symptoms of bad breath, snoring, congestion, headache, hoarseness, laryngitis, and...
Bursitis of the hip results when the fluid-filled sac (bursa) near the hip becomes inflamed due to localized soft tissue trauma...
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition in which irritation of the wrist's median nerve causes tingling and numbness of the thumb,...
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS or SEID)
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) or systemic exertion intolerance disease (SEID) is a debilitating and complex disorder...
Depression is an illness that involves the body, mood, and thoughts and affects the way a person eats and sleeps, the way one...
Fibromyalgia is a chronic pain condition characterized by symptoms such as fatigue, sleep disturbances, and tender points. Stress...
Gum disease is caused by plaque and may result in tooth loss without proper treatment. Symptoms and signs of gum disease...
Erectile Dysfunction (ED, Impotence)
Erectile dysfunction (ED, impotence) is the failure to achieve or maintain an erection. There are many potential underlying...
Marfan syndrome is hereditary (genetic) condition affecting connective tissue. A person with Marfan syndrome may exhibit the...
Migraine headache is a type of headache associated with a sensitivity to light, smells, or sounds, eye pain, severe pounding on...
Restless Leg Syndrome (Symptoms, Causes, Treatment Medications, Home Remedies)
Restless leg syndrome (RLS) is a common cause for painful legs that typically eases with motion, and becomes worse and more...
Sleep apnea is defined as a reduction or cessation of breathing during sleep. The three types of sleep apnea are central apnea,...
Bedwetting, or nocturnal enuresis, is the accidental passage of urine while asleep. There are two types of bedwetting: primary...
Pinworms (Infection in Children and Adults, Enterobiasis)
Pinworm infection is an intestinal infection caused by a pinworm, seatworm, or threadworm. Female pinworms leave the intestine...
Biologic rhythms, or biorhythms, are how our bodies respond to the regular phases of the sun, moon, and seasons. A medical...
Heart Attack Prevention
Heart disease and heart attacks can be prevented by leading a healthy lifestyle with diet, exercise, and stress management....
Jet lag (desynchonosis) is a temporary disorder that results from travel across time zones. Symptoms include anxiety,...
Insomnia Treatment (Sleep Aids and Stimulants)
Insomnia is difficulty in falling or staying asleep, the absence of restful sleep, or poor quality of sleep. Insomnia is a...
Holiday Depression, Anxiety, and Stress
Though the holidays are a fun time for most, for others, they're a sad, lonely and anxiety-filled time. Get tips on how to avoid...
Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
Seasonal affective disorder is a type of depression that tends to occur as the days grow shorter in the fall and winter. Symptoms...
Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), a psychiatric condition, can develop after any catastrophic life event. Symptoms include...
Narcolepsy (Definition, Symptoms, Treatment, Medication)
Causes of narcolepsy, a chronic disease of the central nervous system, have not been fully determined. Some theories include...
Chronic pain is pain (an unpleasant sense of discomfort) that persists or progresses over a long period of time. In contrast to...
Headaches can be divided into two categories: primary headaches and secondary headaches. Migraine headaches, tension headaches,...
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
The cause of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) is unknown. The risk of SIDS peaks in infants 2-4 months of age. SIDS is more...
Grief: Loss of a Loved One
Grief is the feeling one experiences after a loss (of a friendship, death of loved one, job). Complicated grief refers to grief...
Suicide is the process of intentionally ending one's own life. Approximately 1 million people worldwide commit suicide each year,...
Nightmares are dreams that cause high anxiety or terror. Nightmares may be a part of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and...
Cocaine and Crack Abuse
Cocaine is an addictive stimulant that is smoked, snorted, and injected. Crack is cocaine that comes in a rock crystal that is...
Postpartum depression is a form of depression that occurs within a year after delivery. It is thought that rapid hormone changes...
Sleepwalking (Causes, Symptoms, Treatment)
Sleepwalking is a condition in which an individual walks or does other activities while asleep. Factors associated with...
Depression in Children
Childhood depression can interfere with social activities, interests, schoolwork and family life. Symptoms and signs include...
Depression in the Elderly
Depression in the elderly is very common. That doesn't mean, though, it's normal. Treatment may involve antidepressants,...
Anxiety is a feeling of apprehension and fear characterized by symptoms such as trouble concentrating, headaches, sleep problems,...
Sick Building Syndrome
Multiple chemical sensitivity (MCS) or also referred to as sick building syndrome or environmental illness is the name given by...
Teeth Grinding (Bruxism)
Bruxism is the medical term for teeth grinding. Bruxism may be caused by stress or anxiety and often happens during sleep....
Sleep Related Breathing Disorders
Sleep-related breathing disorders are characterized by disruptions of normal breathing patterns that only occur during sleep....
Insomnia (Symptoms, Causes, Remedies, and Cures)
Insomnia is the perception or complaint of inadequate or poor-quality sleep because of difficulty falling asleep; waking up...
Hypersomnia is a condition where a person has excessive daytime sleepiness and trouble staying awake during the day. Treatment...
Periodic Limb Movement Disorder
Periodic limb movement disorder (PLMD) is a sleep disorder characterized by rhythmic movements of the limbs during sleep. The...
Dysthymia is a less severe form of chronic depression. Symptoms and signs include insomnia, suicidal thoughts, guilt, empty...
Snoring (Causes, Aids, Remedies, Solutions)
Snoring, like all other sounds, is caused by vibrations that cause particles in the air to form sound waves. While we are asleep,...
Night Sweats (In Men and Women) Causes, Remedies, and Treatments
Night sweats are severe hot flashes that occur at night and result in a drenching sweat. The causes of night sweats in most...
Bedbugs (from the insect family Cimicidae) are small, reddish-brown tick-like insects that feed by sucking the blood of mammals....
Stress Management Techniques
Stress may be considered as any physical, chemical, or emotional factor that causes bodily or mental unrest and that may be a...
When sleepiness interferes with daily routines and activities, or reduces the ability to function, it is called "problem...
Urinary Incontinence in Children
Urinary incontinence in children (enuresis) is twice as common in boys as in girls and may occur during the daytime or nighttime....
Urinary Incontinence in Women
Millions of women suffer from urinary incontinence (UI). UI occurs twice as often in women as in men. There are many types of...
Alzheimer's Disease Patient Caregiver Guide
Caring for a loved one or patient with Alzheimer's can become a difficult and overwhelming task at times. This guide helps...
Pregnancy Changes and Body Discomforts
Pregnancy can bring challenges like weight gain, stretch marks, varicose veins, heartburn, constipation,...
Teething in babies typically starts between 4 and 10 months of age. Symptoms and signs of cutting teeth include rash, drooling,...
Eye strain is a symptom caused by looking at something for a long time. Symptoms and signs include redness, light sensitivity,...
Parenting a Child With ADHD
ADHD is a behavioral condition with characteristics that include hyperactivity, inattention, and impulsivity. Parenting a child...
Fatigue (Symptoms, Causes, Treatment)
Fatigue can be described in various ways. Sometimes fatigue is described as feeling a lack of energy and motivation (both mental...
Sleep and Sleep Disorders in Children and Teenagers
Sleep needs in children and teenagers depend on the age of the child. Sleep disorders in children such as: sleep apnea,...
IBS Triggers (Prevention)
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a functional disease that can affect the quality of those who suffer from this condition....
Sleep paralysis is a condition that causes a person to feel as if he or she is awake but is unable to move. Lack of sleep, sleep...
Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome (CVS)
Cyclic vomiting syndrome is a condition in which affected individuals have severe nausea and vomiting that come in cycles....
13 Tips for Parenting a Teen With ADHD
Parenting a teenager who has attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) can be challenging. Parents can use specific...
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in Teens
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in teens is a disruption of neurocognitive functioning. Genetics contribute to...
Sore Throat Home Remedies
Natural and home remedies for sore throat symptoms and pain relief include essential oils, licorice gargles, slippery elm...
7 Alzheimer's Disease Stages and Symptoms
The signs and symptoms of Alzheimer's disease depend on the stage of the disease. Some doctors and researchers disagree in regard...
Lewy Body Dementia (Dementia with Lewy Bodies)
Lewy body dementia (LBD or dementia with Lewy bodies) is one the most common causes of dementia. There are two types of LBD: 1)...
Are Bedbugs Contagious?
Bedbugs are brown wingless insects that feed on human blood. The are typically found around a person's sleeping area. Bedbugs...
Snoring is caused by the vibrations of the soft tissues at the back of the nose and throat while a person sleeps. There are many...
Migraine vs. Headache: Differences and Similarities
Headaches are the most common reason why a person goes to the doctor or other healthcare professional for treatment. There are...
How Do You Get Rid of Restless Leg Syndrome?
Restless Leg Syndrome is an often uncontrollable urge to twitch and move your legs – especially when sitting or lying down. It...
Local ResourcesFind a local Sleep Specialist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Sleep FAQs
- Caffeine FAQs
- Insomnia FAQs
- 8 Natural Remedies for Erectile Dysfunction
- Fibromyalgia Treatments Without Drugs
- Chloral Hydrate Uses and Risks
- Ambien: Sleeping Pill FAQs
- Bruxism: Do You Grind Your Teeth?
- Sleep: Are You Sleep Deprived?
- Teen Suicide Warning Signs
- 8 Tips on How to Relax and Sleep When Stressed
- Colds: 10 Tips to Prevent The Common Cold
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation
- Trouble Sleeping? Insomnia May Be Why
- 10 Tips to Avoid Insomnia and Get a Good Night's Sleep
- Chronotherapy - Tunes In to Body's Rhythms
- Circadian Rhythms & Athletics . . . NFL Odds
- Snoring...A Productivity Problem!
- Somnoplasty.........Treatment For Snoring
- PMS vs. PMDD - Whats' the Difference?
- Depression and Women
- Sleep: At The Wheel With Sleep Apnea!
- Tonsillectomy: Does My Child Need a Tonsillectomy?
- What Is Twilight Sleep in Obstetrics?
- Suicide Warning Signs
- Fibromyalgia: 3 Things to Do
- Flu: What to Do if You Get the Flu
- Herbs: Toxicities and Drug Interactions
- High Altitude Sickness Symptoms
- Circadian Rhythm Disorders (Symptoms and Treatment)
- Catherine Zeta-Jones: A Case of Bipolar II Disorder
- Congestive Heart Failure Symptoms
- Sleep Apnea Symptoms
- Stress: The Long-Term Effects
- Sleep Audio Podcast - October 2005
- Tips For A Good Night's Sleep Audio Podcast
Medications & Supplements
- methylphenidate - oral, Ritalin
- methylphenidate chewable tablet - oral, Methylin
- methylphenidate solution - oral, Methylin
- zaleplon - oral, Sonata
- modafinil - oral, Provigil
- methylphenidate sustained-action tablet - oral, Ritalin-SR
- zolpidem - oral, Ambien
- zolpidem (Ambien)
- lorazepam (Ativan)
- methylphenidate (Ritalin, Concerta, Methylin, Daytrana)
- temazepam (Restoril)
- diphenhydramine, Benadryl
- hydroxyzine (Vistaril)
- zaleplon, Sonata
- triazolam (Halcion)
- pemoline, Cylert
- modafinil (Provigil)
- eszopiclone (Lunesta)
- Antihistamines (Oral)
- chloral hydrate - oral
- zopiclone (oral tablet)
- St. John's Wort (Hypericum perforatum)
- green tea (camellia sinensis) - oral
- Lemon Balm (Melissa officinalis)
- Benzodiazepines (Benzodiazepine Drug Class)
- methotrimeprazine-oral tablet, liquid
- morphine extended-release capsule - oral, Avinza
- ramelteon (Rozerem)
- Antidepressants (Depression Medications)
- zolpidem (Intermezzo)
- Belsomra (suvorexant)
- Klonopin (clonazepam) vs. Xanax (alprazolam)
- Adderall vs. Ritalin (Differences and Similarities)
- Hypnotics (for Sleep)
- Sodium Oxybate (Xyrem)
Prevention & Wellness
- LED Blue Light Poses Eye, Sleep Risks: Report
- AHA News: The Often-Overlooked Connection Between Sleep Troubles and Stroke
- FDA Puts Tough Warning Label on Ambien, Lunesta, Other Sleep Aids
- How to Tame Morning Chaos
- Work Stress, Poor Sleep, High Blood Pressure a Deadly Trio
- Snoring Not Just a Male Problem
- Common Sleep Myths Endanger Public Health
- CPAP Brings Longer Life for Obese People With Sleep Apnea: Study
- Good Sleep a Must for Teens With ADHD
- AHA News: Irregular Sleep Could Impact Your Heart Health
- An Afternoon Nap May Lower Your Blood Pressure
- Health Tip: Energy Drink Safety
- Beware of Drowsy Driving as Daylight Saving Time Begins
- Do Long Doctor Shifts Hurt Patients? Study Says No
- Sleep Apnea May Be Linked With Alzheimer's Marker
- Sleeping In on Weekends May Not Repay Your Sleep 'Debt'
- Insomnia May Be in Your Genes
- Your Valentine May Bring You Better Sleep
- What Makes Seniors Feel in Control?
- Health Tip: Recognize Signs of Sleep Deficiency
- Almost All U.S. Teens Falling Short on Sleep, Exercise
- Internet Craze Highlighted in Super Bowl Ad
- Why Sleepless Nights Can Mean More Painful Days
- 'Rock-a-Bye' You, for Better Sleep?
- Disrupted Sleep Plagues Hospital Patients, But New Program Might Help
- Why Your Heart Needs a Good Night's Sleep
- Health Tip: Improve Your Emotional Wellness
- Sleep Patterns May Offer Clues to Alzheimer's
- Catching Up on News About Catch-Up Sleep
- Will Cutting Out Booze for 'Dry January' Help Your Health?
- Kicking, Punching: Who's at Risk for a Violent Sleep Disorder?
- Sleepless Night Could Make Morning Pastries Tougher to Resist
- Sleep, Don't Cram, Before Finals for Better Grades
- Health Tip: Improve Your Sleep Habits
- Too Much Sleep May Bring Higher Risk of Heart Disease, Death: Study
- Working More, But Getting Less Done?
- After a Spouse's Death, Sleep Woes Up Health Risks
- A Slam Dunk: Late-Night Tweets Harm NBA Players' Performance
- Naps Don't Help Down Syndrome Kids Learn: Study
- Here's Something to Sleep On
- Mental Health Problems Increase With Global Warming: Study
- Brain Scans Suggest Pain of Fibromyalgia Isn't Imaginary
- How Much He Sleeps May Affect His Stroke Risk
- Sleepy Teens More Prone to Drug Use, Suicide Attempts
- Health Tip: Help Your Child Deal With Night Terrors
- Scientists Developing Blood Test for Drowsy Driving
- Easing Sleep Apnea May Be Key to Stroke Recovery
- Regular Bedtime Might Be Key to Better Health
- Parents Blame Smartphones, Tablets for Teens' Sleep Troubles
- Daytime Drowsiness a Sign of Alzheimer's?
- Do You Know Your 'Body Time'?
- Sleep Apnea Often Missed in Black Americans
- Sleep Apnea Might Raise Odds for Painful Gout
- For a Healthier Heart, Stick to 6 to 8 Hours of Sleep
- Here's How Sleepless Nights Can Trigger Weight Gain
- Sleep in Your Contacts, Risk Serious Eye Damage: CDC
- Sleep Deprivation May Play Role in 'Global Loneliness Epidemic'
- Health Tip: Fight Frequent Fatigue
- Health Tip: Map Your Way to Better Health
- Families Need Summertime Sleep Schedules
- Sound Advice for a Sound Sleep
- Health Tip: Suggestions For a Better Night's Sleep
- Sleepless Nights Haunt 1 in 4 Americans
- Wind Turbines' Health Impact Still Up in the Air
- Study: Weekend Sleep-Ins May Help You Live Longer
- Leave Tablets, Smartphones Out of the Bedroom for Better Sleep
- Medical Marijuana May Not Help Your Sleep Apnea: Experts
- Who Lives Longer -- Night Owls or Early Birds?
- Even When You Think You're Not Sleepy, Your Car Crash Risk Rises
- Sleepless Nights Show Ties To Alzheimer's Risk
- Health Tip: Speak With Your Doctor if You Aren't Sleeping Well
- Help for When You're Wide-Eyed at 3 a.m.
- Poor College Grades? Maybe Your Class Schedule Is to Blame
- Health Tip: Find the Best Places to Nap
- Poor Sleep May Heighten Alzheimer's Risk
- Health Tip: Risk Factors For Insomnia
- Keep a Spring in Your Step With Sunday's Time Change
- Skipping CPAP May Mean Return to the Hospital for Apnea Patients
- Tackling Menopausal Sleep Problems From Other Angles
- Health Tip: Sleep's Effects on Diabetes
- Sleepy Drivers May Be Causing More Crashes Than Thought
- Health Tip: Sleep Better
- Health Tip: Manage Non-24 Sleep Wake Disorder
- Sleepy U.S. Teens Are Running on Empty
- Americans Finally Getting a Little More Sleep
- To-Do List Before Bedtime Prompts Better Sleep
- Sleep Better, Lose Weight?
- Health Tip: Taking Fewer Naps
- Health Tip: No Screens Before Going to Bed
- Health Tip: All-Nighters Are Unhealthy
- Life's Hassles May Give You Nightmares … Literally
- Health Tip: Plan for Better Sleep
- Shhhh! Patients Are Sleeping
- Seeking Better Sleep? Here's One Simple Step to Help
- Sunrise, Sunset: Ancient Rhythms Still Dictate Human Life
- Health Tip: Stress Can Impact Sleep
- Here's Why You 'Space Out' After Too Little Sleep
- Health Tip: Travel With a Blanket
- Ready for the Time Change on Sunday?
- Remede System Approved for Sleep Apnea
- Health Tip: Getting Enough Sleep
- Could You Be Overdoing It With Sleeping Pills?
- Nobel Prize Winners Unlocked Your Sleep Secrets
- Health Tip: Music May Help You Sleep
- 1 in 3 Seniors Take Sleep Aids
- Sleep Deprivation a Serious Threat to Health: Expert
- It's Time to Kick Fido Out -- of Bed, That Is
- Can a Digital Doctor Help You Sleep?
- Sleepless Nights Do No Favors for Your Heart
- Could You Have Sleep Apnea?
- Many Parents Not Happy With Later School Start Times
- Do Fewer Nightly Dreams Mean Higher Dementia Risk in Seniors?
- Health Tip: Combat Jet Lag
- Lack of Sleep May Raise Child's Type 2 Diabetes Risk: Study
- Preterm Birth Risk Spikes in Mothers With Sleep Disorders
- Does Less Sleep Make You Less Healthy?
- Health Tip: Talking in Your Sleep
- How Much Sleep Do You Really Need?
- Can Poor Sleep Boost Odds for Alzheimer's?
- Sound Sleep May Help You Junk the Junk Food
- Did Grandpa's Insomnia Serve an Evolutionary Purpose?
- Health Tip: If Lifestyle Interferes With Sleep
- Regular Sleep Makes for Happier College Students
- Health Tip: Get the Facts on Alcohol and Sleep
- Many Chronic Illnesses Linked to Suicide Risk
- How to Beat Jet Lag This Summer Vacation
- Better Sleep for Better Weight Loss
- NBA Players' Late-Night Tweets May Be Bad for Their Game: Study
- Poor Sleep Habits, Poor Grades
- Do You Have 'Social Jet Lag?'
- Sleepless Nights Could Pose Heart Risk Dangers
- Docs May Not Spot Sleep Apnea, Insomnia in Blacks
- Does Dirty Air Keep You Awake?
- Shift Work May Put Damper on a Man's Sex Life
- Health Tip: Sleep is Important for Memory
- Taking the Stairs a Better Pick-Me-Up Than Coffee
- Guys, a Good Night's Sleep Might Save Your Life
- Sleepless Nights, Unhealthy Hearts?
- Health Tip: Spring Cleaning?
- Health Tip: Spring Cleaning?
- Less Salt, Fewer Nighttime Bathroom Trips?
- Health Tip: Slipping Back Into Sleep
- Health Tip: Promote Peace in a Shared Bedroom
- Your DNA May Determine How You Handle the Time Change
- How to Keep a Spring in Your Step With Daylight Saving Time
- Health Tip: Too Much Sugar May Impact Sleep
- Genes Plus Erratic Sleep May Raise Odds for Obesity
- How to Keep a Spring in Your Step With Daylight Saving Time
- Kids Mean Less Shuteye for Mom, While Dad Slumbers On
- Health Tip: Learn Your Prime Sleep Time
- Is Need for More Sleep a Sign of Pending Dementia?
- Health Tip: Short on Sleep?
- Time Outdoors May Deliver Better Sleep
- Sleep: The Great Motivator
- The ABCs of Good Zzzzzs
- Health Tip: Don't Be a Night Owl
- Health Tip: Make Sleep a Priority
- Should More Kids Have Their Tonsils Out?
- Hour-Long Nap May Boost Brain Function in Older Adults
- Immune System Reboots During Sleep
- Health Tip: 5 Things to Help You Sleep Soundly
- Debbie Reynold's Death Puts Spotlight on 'Broken Heart Syndrome'
- Many Misuse OTC Sleep Aids: Survey
- Homeless, And Often Sleepless Too
- Health Tip: Fighting Fatigue
- Better Sleep May Signal Recovery From Brain Injury
- Serious Yoga Injuries, Though Rare, Are on the Rise
- Study Finds Genetic Link Between Sleep Problems and Obesity
- Baby Crib Ads Show Unsafe Practices, Study Says
- Health Tip: Maximizing Your Workout
- Troubling Trend: Depression Rates Rising in Teens
- More Than 1 in 10 Pilots Suffer From Depression, Survey Finds
- Smartphones, Tablets and Weight Gain in Teens
- 1 in 6 U.S. Adults Takes a Psychiatric Drug: Study
- Sleep Loss Tied to Changes in Gut Bacteria
- Study Sees Link Between Insomnia, Asthma
- Optimism May Propel Women to a Longer Life
- Missing Just 1 Hour of Sleep May Double Drivers' Crash Risk
- Health Tip: Stop Grinding Your Teeth
- 24-Hour Shifts Can Play Havoc With the Heart
- Web-Based Help for Insomnia Shows Promise
- Health Tip: When You're a Caregiver With a Full-Time Job
- Lack of Sleep Takes Big Bite Out of World Economies
- Health Tip: Adjusting to Life With a Roommate
- Troubled Preschoolers Not Getting Effective Treatment: Report
- Poor Sleep Linked to Worsening Kidney Disease
- Poor Sleep Linked to Worsening Kidney Disease
- Hi-Tech Skin Patch Might Someday Track Your Health
- New Drug May Brighten Outlook for Advanced Breast Cancer
- Stressed Childhood Might Raise Risk for High Blood Pressure Later
- Trouble Sleeping Tied to Higher Risk for Irregular Heartbeat
- Health Tip: Getting Enough Sleep?
- Sugary, Caffeinated Drinks Could Cost You Sleep
- Health Tip: Keep Psoriatic Arthritis Fatigue in Check
- Smartphones May Hinder a Good Night's Sleep
- Health Tip: When Sleep is Interrupted
- Do Your Part to Stop Spreading Colds and Flu
- Health Tip: Safer Sleep for Baby
- Lack of Sleep May Stretch Your Waistline
- Sunday's Time Change Offers a Mixed Bag
- Got a Moody Teen? Lack of Sleep May Not Be the Culprit
- Lazy Summer Days Mean Weight Gain for Young Kids
- Smartphones, Tablets Keep Kids Buzzing at Bedtime
- Health Tip: Skip TV Before Bed
- Health Tip: Sleeping When You're Pregnant
- Coffee's Impact a Matter of Genes?
- Docs: Infants Should Share Parents' Room to Help Prevent SIDS
- Pediatricians: Kids Need 'Media Use Plan' From Parents
- Sleep Can Affect Male Fertility
- Sleep Apnea May Boost Risk for Post-Op Problems
- Expecting Twins or Triplets? What You Should Know Before They Arrive
- Health Tip: Choosing a Time to Work Out
- Inhaled Version of Parkinson's Drug May Help Keep Symptoms at Bay
- Health Tip: Kick Dust Mites Out of Bed
- Health Tip: Making the Transition to Sleep
- Fitful Sleep May Take Toll on Older Women's Hearts
- Do Activity Trackers Like Fitbit Boost Health?
- New Clues to Sleeping Sickness
- Health Tip: Skip the Late Night Snacks
- Health Tip: Avoid These 5 Pre-Bedtime Don'ts
- Health Tip: Health Risks of Childhood Obesity
- The Phenomenon of Sleep Paralysis
- Health Tip: Managing Daily Stress
- The 'Love Hormone' May Quiet Tinnitus
- Sleep Troubles, Heart Troubles?
- Close Bond Between Kids, Parents Has Long-Term Health Benefits
- Study Sees Link Between Long Naps, Type 2 Diabetes Risk
- New Approach Helps Ease Teens' Stubborn Concussion Symptoms
- Why Some Women Find Good Sleep Tough to Get
- Health Tip: Relax With Music Before Bed
- For Those With Sleep Apnea, Maybe It's Time for a Driving Test
- Coping With College Stress
- Mouse Study Suggests Brain Circuit Involved in Sleep-Wake Cycle
- Health Tip: Find a Fun Alarm Clock
- Health Tip: Chatting Before Bed Can Help You Sleep
- Sleep Apnea Mask Treatment Fails to Curb Heart Risks
- Health Tip: Early to Bed Before Back to School
- Health Tip: Squash Stress Before Bed
- Early to Bed, Early to Rise a Back-to-School Challenge
- Don't Lose Sleep Over Screentime at Night
- Sleep Is Key to College Success
- Brain Relies on Two Timekeepers for Sleep
- 5 Tips to Help Teens Get Needed School-Year Zzzzzs
- Drowsy Driving Causes 1 in 5 Fatal Crashes: Report
- Health Tip: When it Takes Too Long to Fall Asleep
- Study Links Sleep Problems to Stroke Risk, Recovery
- Babies' Sleep 'Twitching' May Aid Their Development
- Health Tip: Meditating at Bedtime
- 4 Out of 5 Kids With Epilepsy Have Other Health Problems: Study
- Could Slight Brain Zap During Sleep Boost Memory?
- Eczema's Effects More Than Skin Deep
- Health Tip: Choosing a Pregnancy Pillow
- Menopause Hastens Aging, Studies Suggest
- How to Keep Bug Bites at Bay
- 1 in 10 Americans Has Experienced Ringing in the Ears
- Sleep Disorders 6 Times Higher Among Veterans
- Health Tip: Considering a Sleep Study?
- Gut Bacteria May Hold Clues to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Dodge the Jet Lag, Enjoy Your Trip
- Health Tip: Manage Emotional Stress
- Does Medical Marijuana Reduce Need for Other Meds?
- Health Tip: Exercise for Better Sleep
- Memory Loss: Normal or a Sign of Trouble?
- Health Tip: Sleep Soundly Away From Home
- Sufficient Sleep May Help Protect Men Against Diabetes: Study
- Health Tip: Plan Ahead to Minimize Jet Lag
- Health Tip: Is Your Snack Fueling Drowsiness?
- Long Work Hours May Hurt Your Health
- Poor Sleep May Worsen Thinking Problems in MS Patients
- Are Commercial Brain-Training Programs Worth It?
- Depression Plagues Many With COPD
- Sleep Loses Out for Many Hooked on Video Games
- Doctors' Group Backs Later School Start Times
- Caffeine's Jolt Can Sometimes Be Short-Lived
- Time Zone Changes Give Edge to Athletes From West
- Sleep Apnea Tied to Complications After Angioplasty
- Opioid Painkillers Raise Deadly Heart Risks for Some: Study
- Health Tip: Keep Bedtime Back Pain at Bay
- Childhood Sleep Guidelines Vary by Age
- 'Hidden' Brain Injury a Challenge for Military Doctors
- Sound Sleep Elusive for Many Kids With ADHD
- Shift Workers at Greater Risk of Heart Ills, Study Says
- Health Tip: Get Enough Sleep
- Exploring the Link Between Estrogen and Migraines
- Health Tip: Women, Don't Neglect Your Health
- What Really Works to Help Baby Sleep
- Tai Chi: Rx for Arthritic Knees
- Health Tip: Boost Your Mood
- Sleep Apnea May Raise Risks for Angioplasty Patients
- Severe, Untreated Sleep Apnea Linked to Aggressive Melanoma
- Young Children With Sleep Apnea May Face Learning Difficulties: Study
- Health Tip: Massage May Help You Sleep Better
- Don't Blame Kids' Behavior on Full Moon
- Could Nasal Spray Curtail Nighttime Bathroom Trips?
- Health Tip: Sleep Well During Travel
- Swaddling May Increase Chances of SIDS
- Health Tip: Walking is Good for You
- Sleep Apnea May Raise Heart Risks in People With Pacemakers
- Fatty Foods, Drowsy Days
- Even Non-Obese Report Better Mood, Sex Drive After Dieting
- Desperate for Shut-Eye?
- Health Tip: Selecting a Sleep Mask
- Coffee, Wine Good for Healthy Gut, Sodas May Be Bad
- Health Tip: Sleepless on Sunday
- Sleep Doesn't Come Easy to Those With Brain Injuries
- Night Shift Work May Be Tough on a Woman's Heart
- Temporarily Turning Blue Sometimes Normal for Babies, Doctors Say
- Teen Moms May Ignore Advice for Helping Babies Sleep Safely
- While Travelers Sleep, Brain Patrols for Danger
- Retirement Can Be Golden for Your Health
- Health Tip: Calming a Child After a Nightmare
- Health Tip: Getting Your Beauty Sleep
- Mom Was Right: A Good Night's Sleep Helps Keep You Healthy
- Sleepy Teens Are Risk-Taking Teens
- Better Sleep May Boost Young Students' Grades
- Health Tip: Need a Time-Out From Athletic Training?
- New Prostate Technique May Help Men's Nighttime Urination
- Scientists Try to Stop Another Deadly Virus
- Health Tip: Evaluating Bedroom Lighting
- Sleepless Nights Linked to Brain Changes in Study
- Health Tip: Considering a CPAP for Sleep Apnea?
- Health Tip: Watch for Mental Health 'Red Flags' in Kids
- Health Tip: Setting Yourself Up for Better Sleep
- Daytime Sleepiness, Long Naps Linked to Heart Risks: Study
- Crash Risk Soars When Truck Drivers Don't Treat Sleep Apnea: Study
- Health Tip: Alzheimer's Disease Can Interfere With Sleep
- Good Sleep Habits Ready Kids for School Success
- Still Tired After Getting Your Zzz's? You Might Have Sleep Apnea
- Smoothing the Transition to Daylight Saving Time
- The High Price of Untreated Insomnia
- U.S. Pediatricians to Add Poverty to Well-Visit Checklist
- Poor Sleep May Not Add to Cholesterol Problems, Study Finds
- Sleepless in the City? Nighttime Light Pollution May Be to Blame
- Health Tip: Help Prevent Back Pain During Sleep
- Sleep Apnea May Take Toll on Your Mood, Thinking Skills
- Daylight Saving Time Tied to Brief Spike in Stroke Risk
- Lack of Sleep May Give You the 'Munchies'
- Health Tip: Keep Skin Looking Young
- Sleeping Pills May Spell Trouble for Older Drivers
- Are Women the Key to Unlocking Alzheimer's?
- A Third of U.S. Adults Don't Get Regular, Refreshing Sleep: CDC
- Parenthood May Alter Immune System, Research Suggests
- More Evidence That Poor Sleep Could Lower Teens' Grades
- Sleepless Nights May Fuel Daytime Facebook Binges: Study
- Sleep Loss May Be Tied to Raised Diabetes Risk in Teen Boys
- Health Tip: Promote Better Sleep for You and Your Partner
- Standardized Test Scores Decline With Each Passing Hour of School
- Health Tip: When Is the Right Time for a Nap?
- Poor REM Sleep May Be Linked to Higher Risk for Anxiety, Depression
- Short Flashes of Light May Treat Jet Lag
- Texting After Dark May Harm Teens' Sleep, Grades
- ADHD Tied to Obesity Risk for Girls, Study Contends
- Too Much, Too Little Sleep During Pregnancy May Prompt Weight Gain
- Sleepless Nights Might Raise Women's Type 2 Diabetes Risk
- Health Tip: Don't Use Smartphone in the Bedroom
- Too Much Social Media Could Mess Up Your Sleep, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Wake Up More Refreshed
- Catch-Up Sleep May Reverse Type 2 Diabetes Risk Tied to Sleep Loss: Study
- For Seniors, Poor Sleep May Mean Higher Stroke Risk, Study Suggests
- Single Parents Struggle Most to Get a Good Night's Sleep: Study
- Statins May Reduce Heart Risks Linked to Sleep Apnea: Study
- Health Tip: Sleep Well on Vacation
- Too Often, CPAP Is Only Sleep Apnea Treatment Offered
- Drowsy Drivers Pose Risks to Others, Themselves
- Heading to a New Year's Party? Here's How to Stay Safe
- Health Tip: Sounds May Help You Fall Asleep
- Night-Shift Workers May Be Prone to Car Crashes
- Health Tip: Meditation May Help Your Heart
- Help Your Kids Sleep in Heavenly Peace
- Health Tip: Feeling Sleepy?
- Health Tip: Keeping Diabetes in Check During the Holidays
- Humans Are Masters of High-Quality Sleep
- Sleep Apnea Devices Lower Blood Pressure
- SIDS Risk Depends on More Than 'Sleeping Environment'
- Crave Coffee Too Much? Talk Therapy May Help
- Health Tip: The Benefits of Oxygen Therapy
- Ban Crib Bumpers Because of Rising Deaths, Researchers Say
- Melatonin Might Help Sleepless Kids With Eczema, Study Finds
- Constant Traffic Noise May Boost Depression Risk
- Trouble Sleeping? New Treatment Options May Help
- ADHD Medications Linked to Sleep Problems in Kids
- Sleep Cycle Changes May Affect Your Health
- Coffee Drinkers May Live Longer
- How to Keep Your Baby's Slumber Safe
- Health Tip: Are You Coping With Stress?
- Many Americans 30 and Older Find Happiness Elusive
- Poor Sleep Might Harm Kidneys, Study Suggests
- Health Tip: These Triggers May be a Nightmare
- Health Tip: Kick Bad Sleep Habits
- Sleep Patterns May Affect a Woman's Diabetes Risk
- It's Back to Standard Time This Weekend
- Interrupted Sleep Not Good for Your Mood, Study Suggests
- Truckers' Fatigue, Cellphones Boost Their Crash Risk: Study
- Tribal Study Finds Short Sleep Not Just Curse of Modern Living
- Bedtime Texting May Be Hazardous to Teens' Health
- Help Your Child Get a Good Night's Sleep
- Health Tip: Stop Late-Night Snacking
- For Teens, Late Bedtime May Lead to Weight Gain
- Implanted Device May Help Ease Sleep Apnea, Small Study Shows
- Video Games May Make Women Pile Up More Than Points
- Less Sleep May Mean Less Sex After Menopause
- Abused Women Struggle With More Severe Menopause Symptoms: Study
- Health Tip: Choosing the Right Bedtime Snack
- Daytime Napping Linked to Diabetes Risk
- Natural Surroundings May Promote Sound Sleep
- Tonsillectomy for Sleep Apnea Carries Risks for Some Kids: Study
- Caffeine at Night May Disrupt the Body's Internal Clock
- Health Tip: When a Child Has Sleep Apnea
- Sleep Apnea Treatment May Reverse Unhealthy Brain Changes
- Too Much, Too Little Sleep May Harm the Heart
- Delirium in Older Surgical Patients Threatens Recovery
- When Clock Springs Forward, Teen Brain May Fall Behind
- Sleep Apnea May Hurt Kids' Grades
- Health Tip: Can't Sleep?
- Naps May Do a Heart Good
- Health Tip: GERD Shouldn't Interrupt Sleep
- Why Your Child Is Stressed: 10 Reasons
- A Tired Surgeon Still a Good Surgeon, Study Finds
- Weight Loss While You Relax? Mouse Study Hints It Could Happen
- Most U.S. Schools Start Too Early for Kids to Get Enough Sleep: Study
- New Moms Often Get Poor Advice on Baby Care: Study
- Better Sleep May Mean Less Chronic Pain
- Health Tip: Avoid These Things Before Bedtime
- Talk Therapy May Help Ease Insomnia, Even With Other Health Woes
- Health Tip: Help Curb Sleep Talking
- Naps May Boost Worker Productivity
- A Healthy Body Often Equals a Healthy Brain
- Sleep Problems May Contribute to Health Disparities in America
- FDA Seizes Counterfeit Drugs, Devices Sold Online
- Most Physical Activity Helps You Sleep Better
- Car Crash Risk Doubles for New Users of Sleeping Pills, Study Finds
- Poor Sleep, Snoring Before Diagnosis Tied to Trouble for Breast Cancer Patients
- Can ‘Talk Therapy' Help You Sleep?
- Babies Who 'Resettle' on Their Own Get Better Sleep
- 'Talk Therapy' May Help Persistent Sleeplessness
- Poor Sleep? Eating Less at Night May Make Next Day Easier
- Alzheimer's-Linked Brain Proteins Tied to Poor Sleep in Study
- Health Tip: Sleeping With Chronic Pain
- Vets With PTSD Might Need Sleep Apnea Screening: Study
- ICU Delirium Tied to Higher Death Risk, Study Says
- Improper Antibiotic Use Often Due to Misdiagnosis: Study
- Shift Work Linked to Health Problems
- Sleep Apnea May Boost Depression Risk in Men, Study Finds
- Local Anesthesia May Be Best for Infants During Surgery
- Too Much, Too Little Sleep May Up Stroke Risk for Those With High Blood Pressure
- Health Tip: Care for Your Mattress
- Insomniacs May Be More Sensitive to Pain
- Study Links Sleep Troubles to Children's Mental Health
- Health Tip: Facing Emotions Without Cigarettes
- Health Tip: Sleep Better During Pregnancy
- Sleep Apnea Treatment May Help Lower Diabetes Risk for Some
- Sleepwalking Parents Likely to Have Sleepwalking Kids
- Health Tip: Choose the Right Pillow for Better Slumber
- Divorce May Increase Psychosomatic Symptoms in Teens: Study
- Could Blowing Your Horn Cut Your Odds for Sleep Apnea?
- Very Young Kids Often Use Tablets, Smartphones, Study Finds
- Baby Swings, Car Seats Not Safe for Sleeping
- Health Tip: Dealing With Bedtime Anxiety
- Treating Sleep Apnea May Help Those With Heart Rhythm Disorder
- Could Taking Acetaminophen Dull Your Happiness?
- Heavy Snoring, Apnea Tied to Earlier Brain Troubles
- Depression, Insomnia, Fatigue Are the Stuff of Nightmares
- Health Tip: Simplify Bedtime With the 4 B's
- 'Exploding Head Syndrome' Surprisingly Common Among Young People
- Night Owls Run Higher Risk of Health Problems, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Don't Mix Meds and Alcohol
- Good Sleep Is Key to Good Sex
- Health Tip: Sleep With Fresh-Smelling Sheets
- Erratic Sleep May Make Teens Hungrier
- Always Sleepy After the Change to Daylight Saving Time?
- Long Sleep Time, Higher Stroke Risk?
- Could a Bad Night's Sleep Make You Eat More Fatty Food?
- Health Tip: Talking in Your Sleep
- Sleep Group Updates Shuteye Guidelines
- Preschoolers May Not Need Naps, Review Reports
- U.S. Teens Getting Less Sleep Than Ever
- 'Mindfulness' May Help Ease Sleep Problems for Seniors
- Parents Split on Later School Start Time for Teens
- Health Tip: Sleep More Comfortably With a CPAP Mask
- Naps May Improve Your Health
- Depression After Stroke Linked to Troubled Sleep
- Electronic Devices May Disrupt Teen Sleep, Study Reports
- Good Sleep Habits, Enforced Rules Help Kids Sleep: Study
- Early Birds May Catch the Worm, but Night Owls May Snatch the Win
- Good Sleep in Middle Age May Pay Benefits Later
- Health Tip: Getting a Good Day's Sleep
- Reducing Work-Family Conflict May Improve Sleep
- Morphine After Tonsillectomy Tied to Breathing Problems in Study
- Sleep Position Linked to Death Risk for Those With Epilepsy
- Health Tip: When Obesity Affects Sleep
- Depression, Anxiety Can Precede Memory Loss in Alzheimer's, Study Finds
- Many Seniors Toast to Retirement Too Often
- Naps May Boost Your Baby's Memory
- Kids With Bedroom Smartphones Sleep Less: Study
- Health Tip: Why Am I Gaining Weight?
- Health Tip: If Snoring Keeps You up at Night
- 'Tis the Season to Overeat
- Health Tip: Like Lighting Candles? Do it Safely
- Pack a Travel First-Aid Kit for the Holidays
- Tablets and E-readers May Disrupt Your Sleep
- Health Tip: Warning Signs of Sleep Apnea
- Work Steals Valuable Sleep Time, Study Finds
- Health Tip: 12 Ways to a Healthier Holiday
- Work Steals Valuable Sleep Time, Study Finds
- Alcohol Before Bedtime Won't Help Your Sleep, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Protect Children During Holidays
- Almost All U.S. Teens Are Sleep Deprived, Study Finds
- Sleep Apnea May Raise Risk for Dementia
- Having Eczema Won't Make You Shorter
- Health Tip: Handle Emotions in a Healthy Way
- For Young Kids, Too Little Sleep Linked to Later Obesity
- Raised Asthma Risk Seen for Toddlers Who Share Bed With Parents
- Full Bladder May Get a Third of Women Over 40 Up at Night
- Technology Helps Manage Diabetes: FDA
- How Well You Sleep May Depend on Your Genes, Study Suggests
- Sleep Apnea May Lower Your Aerobic Fitness
- Teens Given Anxiety, Sleep Meds May Be at Risk for Drug Abuse
- Sleep Off Addiction to Cigarettes?
- Working Night Shift Slows Metabolism, Study Suggests
- Feeling 'Worn Out'? Your Heart May Pay the Price
- Sleep Apnea Linked to Kidney Disease Progression in Diabetics
- ADHD Stimulant Drug Abuse Common Among Young Adults: Survey
- Undiagnosed Sleep Problems May Be Common Among Firefighters
- Health Tip: Easing Your Child's Bedtime Fears
- Health Tip: Keep Your Bedroom Pleasing
- Pollution Down, but Health Risks Persist
- Study Builds Case for Later High School Starting Time
- Long-Term Shift Work May Drain the Brain, Study Reports
- Sleep Apnea May Steal Some of Your Memory: Study
- Make the Most of This Weekend's Time Change
- Make the Most of This Weekend's Time Change
- Eczema Tied to Bone Fracture Risk in Study
- Sleep Woes Common Among Troubled Young Children, Study Says
- Sleep Duration Linked to Ulcerative Colitis Risk in Study
- Sleep Apnea Gear Doesn't Squelch Sex Life, Study Says
- Seniors Should Remove Dentures at Bedtime
- Health Tip: Coping With Chronic Pain
- Health Tip: Using a Pacifier to Soothe Baby
- Health Tip: Trouble Sleeping During Pregnancy
- Gut Microbes Tied to Jet Lag, Shift-Work Weight Gain
- More Evidence That Exercise May Help Fight Depression
- Health Tip: Take a Nap
- Anesthetic During Breast-Removal Surgery May Reduce Long-Term Pain
- Sleeping on Sofa Can Be Deadly for Babies, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Is Stress Keeping You Awake?
- Health Tip: If Your Child's Grades Are Dropping
- Could a 'Fat Tongue' Be a Factor in Sleep Apnea?
- Health Tip: Curbing Nighttime Nursing
- Untreated Sleep Apnea May Raise Risk of Surgical Complications: Study
- Ban Electronics in Kids' Bedrooms, Expert Says
- Behavioral Therapy Deemed Best for Social Phobia
- Can All Work and No Play Make You Diabetic?
- Health Tip: Ward Off Stress
- Sunny Skies Tied to Suicide Rates
- Study: Undiagnosed Sleep Disorders Common With Multiple Sclerosis
- A Good Night's Sleep May Mean a Good Day's Work
- Walking, Biking to Work Seems to Have Mental Health Benefits
- Health Tip: Helping Your Newborn Sleep
- Cutting Calories May Ease Sleep Apnea in Obese, Study Finds
- Health Tip: If Your Child Can't Sleep
- Exercise Might Curb His Nightly Trips to the Bathroom
- Putting Baby to Sleep on Animal Fur May Lower Asthma Risk: Study
- Poor Quality Sleep May Be Linked to Shrinking Brain
- Melatonin Doesn't Curb Delirium After Surgery
- Less Sleep in Teen Years Tied to More Pounds at 21
- Sleep Apnea Treatment Helps Seniors, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Do You Talk in Your Sleep?
- 'Sleep Drunkenness' Is Common and Linked to Other Behavior Issues
- Getting Back to School Sleep Schedules
- Start School Later for Older Kids, Pediatricians Urge
- Seniors' Sleep Woes May Be Linked to Loss of Brain Cells
- Health Tip: When Your Child Is Afraid to Sleep
- Children Face Highest Health Risk From Cell Phones
- Ease Kids Into School Sleep Schedules
- Employees Benefit From Natural Light, Study Finds
- Belsomra Approved for Insomnia
- Health Tip: If Your Child is Having Nightmares
- Severe Sleep Apnea May Boost Odds for Stubborn High Blood Pressure
- Study Hints at Link Between Poor Sleep, Suicide Risk
- FDA Approves New Kind of Insomnia Drug
- Many Shift Workers Use Drugs to Sleep, Stay Awake, Study Finds
- Sleep Woes for Astronauts May Pose Risks in Space: Study
- U.S. Hospitals See Big Rise in Drug-Related Suicide Attempts
- No Link Between Sleep Apnea, Cancer, Study Finds
- Preschoolers Can Suffer From Depression, Too
- Portable Monitors OK for Spotting Sleep Apnea: New Guidelines
- Health Tip: Seeing a Doctor About Sleep
- Healthy Habits May Slow Cellular Signs of Aging, Study Finds
- Tonsillectomy for Sleep Apnea May Trigger Weight Gain
- Diet Changes Can Alter Gut Bacteria, Study Says
- Sleep Loss May Boost False Memories
- Sleepless Nights After Divorce May Be Tied to Blood Pressure Rise
- Bed-Sharing Linked to SIDS
- Health Tip: Creating the Right Bedroom
- Healthy Weight Loss May Bring Better Sleep, Brighter Mood
- Hypnosis May Help Improve Deep Sleep
- Caffeine Affects Teen Boys, Girls Differently, Study Says
- Parents' Sleep May Affect Child's Risk of Obesity: Study
- Treating Sleep Apnea May Lower Heart Risks, Study Finds
- Poor Sleep May Lead to Worse Grades for College Students
- More Americans Kept Awake by Fido, Fluffy
- CPAP Mask Success May Depend on Family Support, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Can't Sleep?
- Sleep Apnea May Raise Risk of Diabetes, Research Suggests
- Study Links Pot Use With Poor Sleep
- Snoring, High Blood Pressure in Pregnancy May Raise Apnea Risk
- Sleep Apnea 'CPAP' Masks Might Help Ease High Blood Pressure
- Suicides More Likely After Midnight, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Help Improve Your Child's Sleep
- FDA OKs First Device for Restless Legs Syndrome
- Health Tip: Handle Stress in a Healthy Way
- Kidney Transplant Beats Intensive Dialysis, Study Says
- Health Tip: Swaddle Baby Safely
- Sharp Rise in ER Visits Tied to Abuse of Sedative, Study Finds
- Sleeping Pill Use Tied to Poorer Survival for Heart Failure Patients
- Urine Test May Help Spot Dangerous Blood Clots
- More Evidence Ties Poor Sleep to Obesity in Kids
- Start Sleep Drug Lunesta at Lower Dose for Safety, FDA Says
- Adults With Autism at Risk for Many Health Problems: Study
- Health Tip: Dealing With Shift Work Fatigue
- Mild Electrical Zaps to Brain Induce 'Lucid Dreaming' in Study
- Health Tip: How Many Zzzz's Do You Need?
- Health Tip: Baby Should Sleep on Her Back
- Health Tip: Controlling Dust and Dust Mites
- Many Parents Not Following Safe Sleep Practices for Babies
- Helmets Not Helpful for Babies With 'Flat Head' Syndrome: Study
- Low Blood Sugar May Affect Heartbeat in People With Diabetes
- Health Tip: When Lifestyle Disrupts Sleep
- Happy Couples Nestle Together at Night, Survey Finds
- Stress Tied to Worse Allergy Symptoms
- Too Little Sleep May Add to Teen Health Problems
- Chimps Prefer Firm 'Mattress'
- Health Tip: What May Trigger Tension Headaches
- Naps Enhance Learning for Young Children, Study Says
- Health Tip: Naptime for Toddlers
- Sitting Too Much May Harm Health
- Poor Sleep Tied to Mental Decline in Older Men
- Insomnia May Raise Stroke Risk, Especially for Younger Adults
- Monitoring Kids' Screen Time May Improve Their Behavior
- Study Ties Daylight Saving Time Change to Rise in Heart Attacks
- Electrical Brain Stimulation Might Help Fibromyalgia Patients
- Sleep Disrupted? Maybe It's Daylight Saving Time
- Daylight Saving Time's Arrival May Disrupt Your Sleep
- Sleep Apnea Might Raise Pneumonia Risk: Study
- Poor Sleep in Gulf War Vets May Be Tied to Brain Changes
- Insomniacs' Brains May Work Differently
- Health Tip: Enjoy a Nap
- Baby 'Sleep Machines' Could Damage Hearing, Study Suggests
- Restless Sleep Linked to Widespread Pain in Older Adults
- Smartphone Use for Business at Night May Not Be So Smart
- Risk of Depression May Rise With Too Much or Too Little Sleep
- High Blood Pressure in Young Adults Could Mean Heart Trouble in Middle Age
- Hetlioz Approved for Sleep Disorder in Blind People
- Sleep Apnea Common After Spinal Cord Injury, Study Finds
- FDA Advisers: Pill for Ragweed Allergy Safe and Effective
- Cops on Night Shift at Higher Risk of Serious Injury: Study
- Yoga May Reduce Fatigue, Inflammation in Breast Cancer Survivors
- FDA Panel Considers First Pill for Ragweed Allergy
- Health Tip: Want to Be a Babysitter?
- Health Tip: Before You Donate Blood
- Health Tip: Get More Restful Sleep
- My Father's Keeper: Caring for a Parent With Dementia
- U.S. Children's Hospitals Vary Widely In Tonsillectomy Care
- Extra Zzz's in Morning May Help Teens Stay Alert in Class
- 'Sleep Hormone' Tied to Possible Lower Prostate Cancer Risk
- Sleep During the Day May Throw Genes Into Disarray
- Health Tip: Is Baby in Pain?
- Study Spots Growing Disparity in U.S. Teen Obesity Problem
- Health Tip: Is Your Blood Sugar Low at Night?
- Health Tip: Coping With Sleepwalking
- Health Tip: Performing Mind-Body Exercise
- World Watches as Colorado Marijuana Law Takes Effect
- Chest Implant Might Help With Hard-to-Treat Sleep Apnea
- Drug Duo Might Help Smokers Quit Better Than Single Med
- Health Tip: Why Babies Wake at Night
- Gene Might Be Linked to Sleep Disorder Narcolepsy
- Meditation May Reduce Mild Depression, Anxiety
- Keep Your Toddler's Body Clock in Mind at Bedtime
- Health Tip: Teens Need Enough Sleep
- Avoiding That New Year's Hangover
- What Yoga Can and Can't Do for You
- Take Talk of Weight Off the Holiday Menu
- Don't Let Migraines Ruin Your Holidays
- Experts Lay Out Options for Menopause Symptoms
- Health Tip: Make Your Bed Comfy
- Big Strides in Battle Against Pediatric AIDS
- Keeping Healthy During Holiday Travel
- Acupuncture No Better Than 'Sham' Version in Breast-Cancer Drug Study
- New Insights Into Sleeping Disorder Narcolepsy
- FDA Approves New Drug to Treat COPD
- Review Finds Weight-Loss Surgery Safe and Effective
- Treating Sleep Apnea Might Be a Win-Win for Golfers
- Tips for Stress-Free Winter Breaks With College Kids
- Bad Night's Sleep May Raise Blood Pressure in Kids
- Avid Cellphone Use by College Kids Tied to Anxiety, Lower Grades
- Generic Cymbalta Approved
- Evening East-West NFL Matchups Put One Team at Disadvantage: Study
- Why Johnny Can't Sleep
- Watch Out for Sleepy Drivers This Thanksgiving Holiday
- Brain Connections Strengthen As Kids Sleep, Study Suggests
- Newer Foam Mattresses May Help Prevent Bedsores in Nursing Homes
- Lengthy Car, Plane Rides Pose Risk of Clots
- Steady Sleep Schedule May Help Keep Weight Off
- What Not to Do for Migraines
- Insomnia Cure Boosts Success of Depression Treatment, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Battling Bruxism
- Health Tip: Track Your Child's Sleep
- How to Handle a Child's Seizure
- Your Afternoon Coffee Might Trigger a Bad Night's Sleep
- Bedroom TV, Video Games Linked to Less Sleep in Boys With Autism
- New Study Paints Grim Health Picture for Obese Teens
- Teens Who Are Night Owls May Struggle in School
- Post-Surgery Pain Tied to Temporary Memory Decline in Mice
- Health Tip: Practicing Tai Chi
- Hormone Therapy May Work Only for Women With Hot Flashes
- Adjust the Lights, Hold the Morphine?
- Tired Surgeons May Not Be Error-Prone
- Jury Still Out on Routine Mental Tests for Seniors, Panel Says
- No Routine Mental Tests for Seniors -- At Least Not Yet, Panel Says
- As Clocks Turn Back on Sunday, Think About Better Sleep
- Kids Who Add Sleep Can Subtract Pounds, Study Suggests
- Epilepsy Often Hand-in-Hand With Other Health Problems: CDC
- Fibromyalgia Might Be Harder on Younger Patients, Study Finds
- Help Your Children Manage Media Use, Experts Urge
- Lyrica May Ease Pain for Depressed Fibromyalgia Patients
- Fibromyalgia Might Be Harder on Younger Patients, Study Finds
- Could a Good Night's Sleep Guard Against Alzheimer's?
- New Research May Help Spare Patients 'Accidental Awareness' During Surgery
- Just 12 Percent of Women Over 50 Are 'Satisfied' With Their Bodies
- Could a Good Night's Sleep Guard Against Alzheimer's?
- Too Much Texting May Leave College Kids Sleepy
- Sleep May Be Brain's 'Cleaning' Time, Mouse Study Suggests
- Extra Shuteye on Weekends May Not Replace Sleep Lost During Week
- Irregular Bedtimes Lead to Behavior Problems in Kids: Study
- Yoga Fails to Cool Hot Flashes, But May Aid Sleep
- Health Tip: Is Your Child Sleep-Deprived?
- Chronic Exposure to Airplane Noise Might Harm the Heart: Study
- Survey: Drowsy Driving More Likely for 'Short Sleepers'
- Poor Sleep Habits Linked With Chronic Diseases, Study Says
- Health Tip: Battling The Post-Baby Blues
- Health Tip: Toddler-Proof Baby's Bed
- Brintellix Approved for Major Depressive Disorder
- Kids With Autism Often Have Trouble Sleeping, Study Shows
- Many U.S. Parents Share Bed With Babies Despite Risks: Survey
- Stressful Middle Age Tied to Higher Alzheimer's Risk in Women
- Teaching Sleep Tips to Parents Seems to Help Kids With Autism
- Health Tip: Waking Up at Night
- Many More Kids Visiting ER for Sports Concussions, Study Finds
- Bed-Sharing With Babies Tied to More Breast-Feeding
- Can Afternoon Naps Help Preschoolers Learn Better?
- Health Tip: Help Prevent Clogged Milk Ducts
- Health Tip: Help Your Teen Get Enough Sleep
- Health Tip: Easing the Discomfort of Late Pregnancy
- Sleep Apnea Treatment May Help Patients Look Better
- Bedbugs' Genes May Protect Them From Insecticides
- Black Americans at Raised Risk of Insufficient Sleep, Study Finds
- Changes in Household Routines Help Reduce Kids' Obesity: Study
- Short Sleep on Work Nights Common: Poll
- Sleepy Teens Seem at Higher Risk for Pedestrian Accidents
- Researchers: Protein Linked to Sudden Cardiac Death
- Impulsive Food Purchases Tied to Too Little Sleep, Study Finds
- With Insomnia, Mind May Also Wander During Day
- Looking Sleepy Speaks Volumes, Study Says
- Health Tip: Grinding Your Teeth?
- Sleep May Aid in Brain Repair, Mouse Study Finds
- Most Childhood Sleep Problems Are Preventable: Exper
- Prescription Sleep Aids a Common Choice for American Insomnia
- Simple Strategies Aren't Always Enough for Bedwetting
- Health Tip: Are You Taking Opioids as Prescribed?
- Sleep Apnea May Be Linked to Glaucoma, Study Says
- One Exercise Session Won't Bring a Good Night's Sleep
- Partner's Chronic Pain Can Interfere With Your Sleep
- Respiratory Therapy May Lower Death Risk for Some Sleep Apnea Patients
- Are Truck Drivers on the Road to Ill Health?
- Healthy Eating, Good Night's Sleep Really Do Help Kids Learn
- Health Tip: When Alzheimer's Affects Sleep
- Blame the Moon for Bad Sleep?
- Could a Full Moon Keep You Up at Night?
- Health Tip: Fight Stress
- Sleep Apnea Treatment Eases Nightmares in Vets With PTSD: Study
- Your Smartphone May Be Making You Fat
- FDA Approves Brain Wave Test for ADHD
- Shift Work Might Affect Women's Periods, Fertility: Study
- Health Tip: When You're Sleep-Deprived
- Nearly Half of Infants Have Flat Spots on Their Heads: Study
- Health Tip: Easing Restless Legs Syndrome
- That Bad Boss May Be Toxic to Your Family, Too
- Irregular Bedtimes May Sap Kids' Brainpower
- Sleep Tips for Summer Nights
- Sleepy Teens Reach for Fast Foods First
- Waking Hospital Patients to Check Vital Signs May Do More Harm Than Good
- Can Long-Term Night Work Raise Breast Cancer Risk?
- Night Owls May Pack on More Pounds
- Mind Over Diet?
- Health Tip: Understanding Excessive Sleepiness
- Could Catching Up on Sleep Lower Your Diabetes Risk?
- Hot Weather Takes Toll on Farmworkers: Study
- Sleepy Men Might See Sexual Come-Ons Where None Exist
- Consistent Bedtime Helps People Stick With Sleep Apnea Treatment
- Sleeping on Back to Prevent SIDS Doesn't Appear to Hurt Babies' Ability to Roll
- Physically Active Jobs Tied to Unusual Amounts of Sleep
- Poor Sleep May Worsen Heart Woes in Women, Study Finds
- Fatigue Affects Baseball Players' Strike-Zone Judgment: Study
- PTSD After Heart Attack Linked to Poor Sleep
- Kids With ADHD Less Able to Process Emotions During Sleep: Study
- Tots' Sleep Differences Due to Genes, Environment, Study Suggests
- Sleepless Nights May Hurt School Performance of Kids With Asthma
- Weekend 'Catch-Up' Sleep May Cut Young Drivers' Crash Risk
- Sleep Apnea in Seniors Tied to Alzheimer's in Study
- FDA: Lower Ambien's Dose to Prevent Drowsy Driving
- Daily Gene Rhythms May Be Off in Depressed People
- Yet Another Reason to Avoid Fatty Foods: Fatigue
- Obesity Crisis May Be Fueling Big Jump in Sleep Apnea Cases
- Sleep Woes Tied to Prostate Cancer Risk in Study
- Centenarians a Happy Lot, Survey Says
- ER Visits Tied to Ambien on the Rise
- Health Tip: After a Stressful Event
- Too Much Texting, Facebook Time May Lower College Women's Grades
- Colic May Be Linked to Childhood Migraine, Study Says
- U.S. Infant Mortality Rates Finally Dropping Again: Report
- Health Tip: Ease Leg Cramps During Pregnancy
- Do Teens Who Sleep In Stay Slimmer?
- Household Chores May Ease Nighttime Menopausal Symptoms
- Study Puts New Spin on 'Sound Sleep'
- Treating Sleep Apnea Pays Off at Work, Study Finds
- Common Sleep Disorder May Impair Drivers, Research Suggests
- Could Scientists Peek Into Your Dreams?
- College Sports Could Raise Players' Risk for Depression, Study Finds
- Is a Better Sleeping Pill on the Way?
- Health Tip: Poor Sleep Can Hurt Your Heart...
- Shorter Shifts for Medical Interns May Not Boost Patient Safety
- Acting Out Dreams During Sleep May Signal Dementia
- Coffee Can Help Truckers Stay Safe on the Road: Study
- Health Tip: Avoid Too Much Activity Before Bedtime
- Bathroom Visits May Add to Sleep Problems for Seniors
- Sleep Apnea Treated Successfully in Non-Specialty Centers
- Full Pantry Plus Too Little Sleep Is Recipe for Weight Gain
- 'Violent Behavior' Occurs in Many Adult Sleepwalkers, Study Finds
- Tips on Coping With Daylight Saving Time
- Spotting Sleep Problems in Special-Needs Children
- Insomnia Might Boost Heart Failure Risk
- Exercise Leads to Better Sleep: Poll
- Certain Sleep Aids May Raise Hip Fracture Risk in Nursing Homes: Study
- Lack of Sleep Disrupts Genes
- Health Tip: Develop Good Sleep Habits
- Lack of Sleep May Lead to Junk-Food Bingeing
- H1N1 Swine Flu Vaccine Tied to Sleep Disorder in British Children
- Health Tip: Could You Have Sleep Apnea?
- Poor Nutrition Can Bite Into Your Sleep, Experts Say
- Most U.S. Soldiers May Suffer From Sleep Problems
- Lighter Sleep May Dull Memory Skills in Seniors
- Health Tip: Avoid the Winter Blues
- Health Tip: Does Asthma Affect Your Sleep?
- Alcohol and a Good Night's Sleep Don't Mix
- Tired Couples May Take Each Other For Granted
- Health Tip: Excessively Sleepy?
- Multiple Concussions Could Up Depression Risk in Former NFL Players
- Health Tip: Curb Late-Night Snacking
- Screen Time Near Bedtime Means Less Sleep for Kids
- FDA: Lower Ambien's Dose to Prevent Drowsy Driving
- Health Tip: Help Ease Night Terrors
- How Do Sleeping Pills Really Work?
- Vitamin D Levels Linked to Daytime Sleepiness
- Dog Helps Super-Sleepy Woman in Her Travels
- Combo Therapy May Help Ease Sleep Apnea at High Altitude
- Can Teens' Lack of Sleep Lead to Diabetes?
- Sleep Apnea Tied to More Brain Damage in Women Than Men
- Too Little Sleep Spurs Appetite-Boosting Hormones: Study
- Feds Sue Nap Nanny Maker Over Infant Deaths
- Study: Treating Sleep Disorder May Thwart Heart Disease
- Sedatives May Raise Pneumonia Risk
- The Secret to a Longer Life? Children
- Smoking May Make Hangovers Worse
- 'Protected Power Naps' Could Help Keep Medical Interns Alert: Study
- Study Supports Link Between Stress, Epileptic Seizures
- When to Worry About Your Child's Fever
- Most Seniors Get a Good Night's Sleep, Study Says
- More Sleep May Help Some People Feel Less Pain
- Health Tip: If You Wake With Neck Pain
- Sleep Trumps All-Night Cramming for College Exams
- Even Women Who Exercise Sit Too Much
- Health Tip: Is Caffeine Giving You the Jitters?
- Health Tip: If Dementia Causes Sleep Problems
- New Sleeping Pill May Help Insomnia
- U.S. Kids Getting Enough Sleep After All: Survey
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Hazards Rise in Colder Weather
- Sleeping Pill Linked to Hospital Falls, Researchers Say
- 5-Hour Energy Shots Linked to 13 Deaths
- Bright Light at Night Could Up Depression Risk, Mouse Study Suggests
- Energy Drinks Disrupting U.S. Soldiers' Sleep: CDC
- Report Details Start of Steroid Meningitis Outbreak
- Losing Weight May Improve Sleep Quality
- Insomnia May Raise Risk of Heart Attack, Stroke
- Food Allergies Can Make Kids Targets for Bullies
- Health Tip: Managing Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Pain
- Hypnosis Halts Hot Flashes for Some Women
- Harvest Season Can Be Hazardous for Farmers
- Secret of Anesthesia Revealed, Study Says
- Does Sleep Apnea Offer Some Protection During Heart Attack?
- 10-Minute 'Tension Tamer' at Bedtime May Help You Sleep: Study
- Many Grandparents Lack Latest Child Safety Info: Study
- Lack of Sleep May Trip Up Student Athletes
- Is Your Brain Working as You Nap?
- Sleepless Nights Might Raise Odds for Diabetes
- Taking Terror Out of Nightmares: Tips for Parents
- A Little Bit of Extra Sleep Pays Off Big for Kids
- Brain Biofeedback May Help Bedwetting
- What Drives Your Daily Biological Clock?
- Marijuana Extract May Help Ease Muscle Stiffness in MS: Study
- Mouse Study Sheds New Light on How Memories Are Stored
- Poor Sleep in Teen Years Linked to Heart Risks in Adulthood
- Study Links Insomnia to $31 Billion in U.S. Workplace Errors
- Melatonin May Improve Sleep for People on Blood-Pressure Meds
- Background TV Takes a Toll on Children
- Insomnia, Anxiety Drugs May Raise Dementia Risk
- Health Tip: Get Some Rest After Giving Birth
- Obese Pregnant Women With Sleep Apnea May Have More Delivery Complications
- COPD May Contribute to a Bad Night's Sleep
- Health Tip: Create a Healthy Sleep Environment
- Poor Sleep May Make High Blood Pressure Worse
- Obesity Surgery Seems to Reduce Heart Risks, Study Says
- New Study Debunks Virus Theory for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Putting Your Mental Health in Order
- Stress Adds to Salt Load of Some Blacks, Study Says
- U.S. Expands SIDS Prevention Effort
- Psych, Sleep Meds May Affect Driving
- Traffic May Keep City Dwellers Awake, Harming Health
- Younger Kids Likelier to Gain Weight After Tonsillectomy
- Health Tip: Help Ease Fibromyalgia Symptoms
- Postpartum Depression May Lead to Shorter Kids: Study
- Parents, Rest Easy About Infant 'Sleep Training'
- Bus, Truck Drivers May Downplay Sleep Troubles
- Testosterone Drops in Dads Sharing Beds With Kids
- Sleep Problems Linked to More Special Ed
- Beyond Statistics: 2 Faces of West Nile Virus
- Few Doctors Discuss Exercise With Cancer Patients: Study
- You Can Learn While You Sleep, Study Suggests
- Snoring Kids Should Be Screened for Sleep Apnea: Experts
- Sleep Boosts Memory for Parkinson's Patients, Study Suggests
- Sleep Apnea Affects Many Women, Too
- Snoring Tots May Be at Risk for Behavior Problems
- Sleepiness Hampers Job Performance, Study Confirms
- Don't Trust 'Dr. Google' for Help on Infant Sleep Safety
- Sleep Loss Often Disruptive for City Kids With Asthma
- Violent TV Shows Keep Young Kids Awake: Study
- Poor Sleep Hampers Vaccine Effectiveness: Study
- Poor Sleep Ups Odds for Nursing Home Care, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Help Baby Develop Healthy Sleep Habits
- Health Tip: Why Some Seniors Can't Sleep
- Alcohol Poses Serious Risks for Those With Diabetes
- Get This Much Sleep for a Sharp Memory
- Police Work Takes Heavy Health Toll: Study
- Health Tip: If Your Child Has a Nightmare
- Poor Sleep Affects Immune System Much Like Physical Stress
- Study of Retired NFL Players Finds Evidence of Brain Damage
- Summertime Is Tonsillectomy Time
- Smoking, Pesticides Might Spur Rare 'Sleep-Kicking' Disorder
- Magnets in iPad2 May Alter Settings on Brain Shunt Devices: Study
- Sleep Can Sharpen Your Memory
- Health Tip: Prepare Children for Sleep
- Sleep May Ease Symptoms of Parkinson's Disease: Study
- 1 in 10 Fibromyalgia Patients Uses Marijuana to Ease Pain
- Weather Triggers Migraine Headaches
- Some Kinds of Red Wine May Not Trigger Migraines
- Sleepy Pro Athletes May Have Shorter Careers
- Sleep Apnea May Spur Carb Cravings in Diabetics
- Sleep Apnea Treatment Might Boost Men's Sex Lives
- Violence Takes a Toll on Children's Sleep
- New Sleeping Pill Suvorexant Works in Early Studies
- Obesity, Depression Linked to Daytime Sleepiness
- Sleep Apnea in Teens Linked to Social, Behavioral Woes
- Sleep Apnea Therapy Might Ease Depression, Too
- Sleep Habits in U.S. Vary by Race, Native Country: Study
- Noisy Wards Could Threaten Hospital Patients' Health
- Sleepy Hospital Workers a Danger on the Road: Study
- Junk Food More Appealing When You're Sleepy: Study
- Too Little Sleep Tied to Stroke Risk
- Fear of the Dark May Trigger Insomnia
- Foggers No Match for Bedbugs
- Optimism, Laughter May Bring Long Life
- Health Tip: Eat Right During Menopause
- Night Shift Might Boost Women's Breast Cancer Risk: Study
- Feeling Lackadaisical? Sleep Apnea May Be to Blame
- 'CPAP Machine Changed My Life'
- Surgical Residents Often Fatigued, Study Confirms
- Health Tip: What Triggers Your Migraines?
- Sleep Apnea: Treatment May Help Keep BP Low
- One-Third of U.S. Homeless Population Is Obese: Study
- Sleep Apnea Linked to Higher Cancer Death Risk
- Parents Often Lose Sleep Over Child's Epilepsy, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Get the Most From Your Nap
- Coffee May Be Part of the Recipe for a Longer Life
- Health Tip: Put the Brakes on Drowsy Driving
- Sleepwalking May Be More Common Than You Think
- Do You Have 'Social Jet Lag'?
- Exercise May Boost Survival in Breast, Colon Cancer Patients
- Study: Kids Who Sleep in Parents' Bed Less Likely to Be Overweight
- Using Earplugs Eases ICU Patients' Confusion: Study
- Longer Commutes Can Put Us on Road to Poor Health
- Positive Thinking, Persistence Pay Off in Job Search: Study
- Health Highlights: May 1, 2012
- Hot Weather's Return Brings Ozone Warnings
- Many Asthmatic Kids Harmed by Secondhand Smoke: Study
- More Babies Today Have Irregular Head Shape: Expert
- Adjusting Your Attitude About Chronic Pain May Help You Sleep
- Fatigue Not a Factor in Fibromyalgia Pain, Study Says
- 30% of Workers Get Far Too Little Sleep
- Poor Sleep Heightens 'Ringing Ear' Disease Symptoms: Study
- New Clues to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Bedwetting Misunderstood but Often Treatable
- Health Highlights: April 20, 2012
- Optimism Might Cut Your Risk for Heart Attack
- Weight-Loss Surgery Beat Drugs for Cutting Diabetes in Very Obese
- Depressed Moms Disrupt Baby's Sleep
- CDC: Child, Teen Injury Deaths Dropping
- Shift Work May Set Stage for Obesity and Diabetes
- Health Tip: New Moms Need Care, Too
- Coffee Drinking in Pregnancy Won't Lead to Sleepless Baby: Study
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea May Be Linked to Depression
- Sleep Apnea Linked to Depression
- Both Too Little and Too Much Sleep Bad for the Heart: Study
- Health Tip: Why You Need Aerobic Exercise
- Safe Sleep Can Prevent SIDS Deaths
- Health Tip: If You Can't Sleep
- ICU May Not Be Needed After Sleep Apnea Surgery
- Health Tip: Dealing With Insomnia
- Health Tip: Make 'Tummy Time' Fun
- Menopause May Cost Women Sick Days
- Sleep Less, Eat More?
- Sleep Apnea Treatment May Help Ward Off Heart Failure: Study
- Spring Break Safety Tips to Keep Vacation Fun
- Lost Hour of Sleep Over Weekend May Put Heart at Risk Monday
- Spring Ahead Without Losing Too Much Sleep
- Poor Sleep May Impact Stress Response in Older Adults
- For Sleep Struggles, Women Urged to Alter Routines
- 1 in 4 Pilots Sleepy on the Job
- Kids' Snoring Linked to Behavioral Problems
- Health Tip: Living With Restless Legs Syndrome
- Sports Concussion: Myths and Facts
- Study: Sleep Disturbances Not Linked to Aging
- Web Therapy Helps With Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Ecstasy Use During Pregnancy May Harm Fetus: Study
- Sleeping Pills Called 'as Risky as Cigarettes'
- Vitamin D May Ease Painful Periods
- Gene Might Be a Culprit in Sudden Infant Death for Boys
- Southerners Sleepiest, U.S. 'Sleep Map' Shows
- Health Tip: Hip Arthritis May Not Need Surgery
- Health Tip: Seniors Need Exercise, Too
- Health Tip: When a Child Resists Going to Bed
- Psychotherapy May Ease Hot Flashes After Breast Cancer
- Could Sleep Problems Predict Alzheimer's?
- Concerns Over Kids' Shut-Eye an Age-Old Problem
- Treating Sleep Apnea in Kids Improves Behavior, Quality of Life
- Obesity Linked to Worse Fibromyalgia Symptoms
- Clot-Busting Drug May Work for Those Who Have Strokes While Asleep
- Sleep Apnea May Be Tied to 'Silent' Strokes, Study Finds
- Gene Study Sheds Light on Body Clock's Link to Diabetes
- Health Tip: Most Teens Don't Get Enough Sleep
- Winter Doldrums Got You Down? Here's How to Bounce Back
- Health Highlights: Jan. 26, 2012
- Health Highlights: Jan. 25, 2012
- U.S. Soldiers Face Host of Mental Health Issues
- Long Shifts May Raise Some Nurses' Odds for Obesity
- Health Tip: Create the Right Environment for Sleep
- Too Much Overtime May Raise Depression Risk
- Lack of ZZZs May Fuel Appetite
- Health Tip: Food Can Affect Sleep
- Health Tip: When Stress Becomes Dangerous
- Insomnia Can Be Dangerous, But There's Rest for the Weary
- Sleep Might Help Deepen Traumatic Memories
- Women Suffer From Sleep Apnea, Raised Heart Risks, Too
- Health Tip: When Your Child Cries at Night
- Grief May Boost Heart Attack Risk
- ADHD Drug Shortage Pushes Parents to Seek Substitutes
- Poor Sleep May Complicate Young Diabetics' Blood Sugar Control
- How to Make Your Quit-Smoking Resolution Stick
- Move to Hospital Isolation Unit Linked to Raised Delirium Risk
- Widowers Who Stay Single Might Face More Mental Health Woes
- Police Officers Often Robbed of Sleep
- Pediatricians Offer Tips to Avoid Holiday Hazards
- Dentist Gives Advice to Keep Holiday Smiles Bright
- Study Sheds Light on Preemies' Higher SIDS Risk
- 'Ecstasy' May Cause Long-Term Changes in Brain Chemistry
- 'Body Clock' Might Affect Women's Dementia Risk
- Most Contact Lens Users Don't Follow Safety Steps
- Health Tip: Wind Down With Mind-Body Exercises
- More Exercise Could Make For Better Sleep: Study
- Middle-of-Night Sleeping Pill Intermezzo Approved
- Get Rid of Bumpers, Stuffed Animals in Baby's Crib
- Energy Drinks Send Thousands to the ER Each Year
- Women's Sleep Problems Linked to Fibromyalgia Risk
- Study Suggests Exercise May Help Memory of Fibromyalgia Patients
- Lack of Sleep, Overweight Linked to Kids' Learning Problems
- Health Tip: Sleep Soundly During Pregnancy
- Loneliness May Disrupt Sleep
- Study: 'Thyroid Support' Supplements May Be Risky
- Eye Surgery Improves Mood of Alzheimer's Patients
- Blood Pressure Drugs at Bedtime May Cut Heart Risk
- Insomnia Might Boost Heart Attack Risk
- Barrett's Esophagus May Be Less Risky Than Thought
- Restless Legs Syndrome May Raise BP
- Twitter Tracks Mood Swings
- Diet for Autism: What Works?
- Kids' Poor Bedtime Habits May Bring ADHD Misdiagnosis
- Obesity Puts Young Kids at Risk of Social Isolation
- Muscle Relaxant May Ease Fibromyalgia Pain
- Parents, Kids, Doctors Balk at Talk About Weight
- Burnout, Dissatisfaction Seem Rampant Among Medical Residents
- Sleeping Soon After Dinner May Raise Stroke Risk
- Poor Sleep May Raise Blood Pressure
- Snuff Use During Pregnancy Is Harmful to Newborns
- Breathing Problems During Sleep Linked to Memory Problems
- Teething May Not Be Linked to Fever
- Genes Linked to Restless Legs Syndrome Identified
- Hammocks Help You Sleep
- ER Visits for Drug-Related Suicide Attempts Up in Men
- Sleep Deprivation Plus Stress Hurts Blood Pressure
- Exercise Improves Sleep and Nighttime Breathing Troubles
- Eat Late, Gain Weight?
- Sleep Loss May Lower Testosterone
- Weight Loss May Improve Sleep Apnea
- 'Placebo Effect' May Be Common in Headache Treatment
- Experimental Drug Targets Overactive Bladder
- Chronic Pain of Fibromyalgia Takes Toll on Everyday Life
- Alzheimer's Caregivers May Be at Risk for Dementia
- Keeping Your Marriage Strong -- Even With Kids
- Group Doctor Visits May Help Parkinson's Patients
- Elderly Sleep Problems May Be Tied to Hormones
- Does Parenthood Hurt Your Health?
- FDA Approves New Restless Legs Syndrome Drug Horizant
- Sleep Apnea, Daytime Sleepiness: Risky Combo
- Poor Sleep May Worsen RA Symptoms
- Alcohol at Bedtime May Not Help Your Sleep
- The More Moms Work, the More Kids Gain Weight?
- Want to Sleep Better? Make Your Bed
- Women Give Up Sleep to Care for Others
- Bright Light Eases Depression in Elderly People
- New Guidelines on When Kids Need Tonsillectomies
- Increase in SIDS on New Year's Day
- Drop-Side Cribs Banned Due to Safety Issues
- Lack of Sleep Hurts Your Looks
- How Much Sleep Do You Really Need?
- Study: Alcohol Does Not Cause Sleep Problems
- Fibromyalgia, Restless Legs Syndrome Overlap
- Bullying, Harassment of Gay/Lesbian Teens: Expert Q&A
- Exercise Helps You Sleep
- New Parents at Risk for Postpartum Depression
- Sports-Related Concussions on the Rise in Kids
- Marijuana Relieves Chronic Pain, Research Shows
- Tai Chi: Best Fibromyalgia Treatment?
- Obesity, Smoking Linked to Teen Migraines
- Brain Waves Show Why Some Sleep Through Noise
- Bedbugs Biting All Over U.S.
- Most Kids With ADHD Take Medication
- Too Much TV Puts Tots at Risk
- The Best Mattress for a Good Night's Sleep
- Depression in Children
- Sex While Asleep
- How to Stay Awake Naturally
- 6 Secrets to Gorgeous Skin
- Parents, Get Your Bed Back
- How to Pick Your Perfect Mattress
- Snuggle Up With the Perfect Pillow
- 5 Diet Resolutions for the New Year
- Tackling Toddler Sleep Problems
- Depression Symptoms in Men
- Weight Gain: Surprising Reasons You're Gaining
- 9 Steps to End Chronic Worrying
- Nix the Nightcap for Better Sleep?
- Power Down for Better Sleep
- Sleep Better When You're Sick
- Insomnia Symptoms and Causes
- Rehab's Role in Treating Addiction
- A Hard Day's Night for Weight-Watchers on the Late Shift
- Insomnia: What You Eat Can Sabotage Your Sleep
- Sleep: Counting Sheep?
- Obesity: Health Risks Associated with Obesity
- Sleep Diary
- Sleep Disorders 101
- Sleep: When to Call the Doctor
- Sleep: Drug or Alcohol Sleep Disorders
- Sleep and Psychiatric Disorders
- Preventing Sleep Problems
- Sleep: Diagnosing Sleep Disorders
- Sleep Disorders: Behavioral Treatments
- Sleep Disorders: Medications
- Sleep Disorders: Alternative Treatments
- Sleep During Pregnancy
- Sleep and Aging
- Sleep and Depression
- Sleep and Chronic Illness
- Sleep Problems in Kids
- Sleep: Tips for Sound Sleep
- Sleep and Travel
- Sleep and Menopause
- Sleep Disorders Fact or Fiction
- Sleep: How Did You Sleep Last Night?
- Medical Myths Debunked
- Debt Can Be Bad for Your Health
- Driving Is Hazardous to Your Health
- Sleep: A Good Nights Sleep
- Sleep Savvy Quiz
- Job Stress, Early Warning Signs
- Driving Safety: Asleep At The Wheel
- Better Sleep Month
- Dreaming - To Dream
- Sleep - Five Stages Explained
- Snoring - What Is It?
- Jet Lag