Patient Comments: Skin Tag - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with skin tags. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Noname, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 15

I picked at my skin tag on my chest and pulled it off. It bled a little. I put a Band-Aid on it and went to sleep. It was late. Now it's very small; doesn't bother me as much as it did.

Comment from: Torunn, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 06

I started getting skin tags about 5 years ago, not too many. But now they seem to have quadrupled in number and I notice more every week. They have started to move down from my neck on to my collarbones and chest, still only pale colored. England has had unusually hot weather just lately 05, July 2018, and the car seat belt rubbed against my sweaty neck, causing the tags to bleed. They have become very sore and inflamed, and I am going to see the doctor as am a little worried.

Comment from: howtoremoveskintags, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 04

I developed a few skin tags on my neck around age 30 something. As I got older and gained more weight, the skin growths increased to approximately twenty. I had the larger ones removed by the dermatologist, but they returned. I had one grow on my lip but it disappeared several years later on its own. I noticed 3 under both sides of my breast. I cut a few of them on my neck with sharp small scissors. It does feel like a pinch. These skin tags have been embarrassing and ugly to me. When I am at work or in public, I cover my neck with a scarf or wear clothing that hides the skin tags.

Comment from: angleique, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

I had a few skin tags before. I cleaned the skin with alcohol and iced the skin tags. The first one was calloused a bit since it was on my elbow. I cut it with scissors. The other three felt like a pinch, easy and painless. They bled a tiny bit but stopped after I put a Band-Aid on them.

Comment from: gonebabygone, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 24

I just found a skin tag in my groin area while taking a shower. It is odd that it wasn't noticed yesterday, but today it appeared. I squeezed it tight and pulled it off. Very little bleeding. I did put Polysporin and a Band-Aid on it.

Comment from: Troy, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 12

After a year or more of irritation from a skin tag between neck and chest, I finally got scissors and cut that thing off. I felt a pinch but that's it. Relief! I just did it tonight. Hoping it stays in the trash where it belongs.

Comment from: metoo, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 07

I have had skin tags on my neck and shoulders and just cut them off. A few months ago I got one on my lower lip just above my chin. Three days ago I cut it off. I had some bleeding but it did not hurt. I used a double edge razor blade. I use tee tree oil every morning and night. I hope it doesn't grow back because it is a pain to shave around it.

Comment from: justin, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: February 02

I just cut off a skin tag with a pair of sharp scissors. Quick and painless. I covered it with a Band-Aid to keep it clean while it heals.

Comment from: sbismyname, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 20

I have 15 skin tags on my neck alone. There may be more but those are the ones that are large enough for me to be certain that I haven't already counted them. I have two on my side, three near my armpit, and a couple in my groin area. At least, those are the ones I can see and if I have more my husband hasn't mentioned them. Clothing irritates all of them all the time and I need them removed but it is labeled cosmetic by our insurance, which means I can't afford to have them removed. Skin tags may not be life-threatening (which I'm well aware they are not) but they aren't exactly harmless. When wearing a tank top and hoodie it irritates every single one of them to the point where they're sensitive to touch from clothing irritation.

Comment from: Ranina, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 11

I had a medium-sized skin tag on my neck. The doctor wanted USD 200.00 to remove it. I didn't have USD 200.00. It was hurting and especially itching so bad that I bought a scalpel, sterilized it, froze the tag and the area around it with ice, and then cut it off with the scalpel. Yes, it hurt, but not all that much since it was frozen. There was a small amount of bleeding, but I applied sterile gauze to the wound with pressure and sterilized it with hydrogen peroxide, then bandaged it with a medicated rapid-stop bandage that stopped the bleeding entirely. I just did that about 10 minutes ago and it doesn't even hurt now. No more itching. No more pain and it's gone now. Yay! I will update on progress or lack of it.

Comment from: Isaac, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: June 26

I have had a skin tag on my upper abdomen which gave me a lot of concern. My fear was that such skin tags might be some kind of growth that couldn't be treated without a specialist's help, until I came across this site. Initially, I opted for thread method as someone suggested. I tied it with a black thread and after two days, I discovered it was turning black but not as much I expected. Without much thinking I took a razor blade and cut it off. I cleaned the blood with spirit and cotton. Now I am free from it. No more growth.

Comment from: MKWoods, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 11

I have had several skin tags. I had one I put a string around, and it hurt horribly. Then it grew back 3 times as big. I had to have it taken off by a dermatologist, it was so big. Now I use a 1/4 teaspoon of 'carrier oil' (almond, coconut, etc.) mixed with 5 drops of lemon oil. Within 3 days most of my tags fall off. Some take about 5 to 7 days. It is the least painless and most effective method I have used.

Comment from: ryanp., 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 09

I've had a skin tag on my anus for years. I've consulted doctors and they won't do anything to remove it since they say it isn't harmful. I've tried all the home remedies, witch hazel, apple cider vinegar, stone root, Tag Away, etc., nothing works. I've gotten to the point where I just want to cut it off. But I'm scared about getting it infected and worried if there'll be a lot of bleeding.

Comment from: Mommy35, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 30

One day while applying my makeup, I noticed a skin tag high on my cheek bone (below my left eye). The very sight of it bothered me, so I disinfected a pair of nail clippers and wiped that area of my face clean. I proceeded to pull the skin tag as far away from my face as possible and clipped it off. It bled for a few seconds and the pain was extremely minimal. That was a few years ago and I haven't seen it since.

Comment from: Banana, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 26

I had several skin tags that I lived with for several years, until one day I decided to see a doctor who does minor surgery. He snipped most of them off with scissors to my surprise. There were two that were growing inward and he used a scalpel and a torch on them. I developed a few more skins a few years later and decided to cut them off with scissors myself as it was so simple. But I read up on it and decided to tie them off with dental floss. Very simple to do.

Comment from: dmblack78, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 13

I just had my skin tags frozen today save for one that was a little bigger than the rest; that one was cut off after she injected me with lidocaine. The sites around my neck where she froze them off were very red for the first hour, now my skin looks normal but the tags kind of ballooned up. She says they will shrivel up and fall off in a week. To me the freezing hurt more than the lidocaine injection, but just for about an hour or so.

Comment from: MR, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 21

I had a very large (size of a large grape) skin tag for a long time. I was worried it was something else, but confirmed by the doctors that it was indeed just a skin tag. It was in an area on my body that was not very visible, but eventually I was sick of seeing it and decided to try to remove it myself with home remedies (did not have the extra money to get it removed by a doctor). I tried a lot of things, nail polish, tree oil, castor oil and baking soda, and duct tape, none seemed to work. Not that these remedies don't, it was just so big. So I finally tried tying it off. I used those little rubber bands you can use for your hair, wrapped that band around it tight enough to cut off circulation, covered it with a Band-Aid and it worked. The first couple days the tag swelled up a lot and it was very tender, but after a couple more days the swelling went down and it started to darken in color and shrink up. After about a week, it was this gross little black piece of skin and I was able to cut it off. I didn't feel a thing! If you decide to try this, keep the area clean as much as possible, and after the tag is removed continue with antibiotic ointment and keep it clean. From what I read, the tag should just fall off with this method, but I got impatient. Try not to cut off anything unless you are sure you can. Hope this helps someone.

Comment from: owch, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 14

I got a skin tag in the groin fold area. It itched like crazy in the middle of the night. I was worried it might be a tick though, since I found one on me a few weeks before. I went in and I guess the doctor used scissor; man, that stung! I've got to use antibiotic cream for a few days to prevent infection. I have had them in other crazy places the past few years, under the breast at bra line, under armpit, and neck. I wonder what really causes them... using plastics?

Comment from: Solution, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 02

I too had a skin tag grow on one side of my neck where I could see it. I hadn"t ever had one before but I"d seen them and knew the things were usually treated with a cotton loop with pain and blood. So after a think I remembered the wart kill solution (because I"ve got some of those too). So I tried it. And, hey magic, those things are so easy to treat with wart solution. They"re easier to remove than warts. I just paint the tag and let dry, it might give a tiny little sting for 10 minutes or so but that"s nothing like a hot needle or a botched cotton loop. Paint again in a few days and repeat until gone. No mess, no infection, no scar, no real pain. I make sure not to spill the solution. I"ve successfully treated a wart on an eyelid with wart solution. A few paints and then it fell off after a few weeks. One happy day the wart just wasn"t there. I was getting ugly with a wart on my eye and now I"m so pleased I"m just a little less ugly. I was real careful around the eyes. When using wart solution around eyes I always make sure I remember not to get wart treatment solution in eyes.

Comment from: NotADoctor, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 25

I had a skin tag below my armpit. I originally tried to cut it off. It bled a lot and then grew right back. I tried that again a while later and got the same result. I lived with it for a few years and then I tried to tie a string around it but was not coordinated enough to do that by myself. This being a "stringy" skin tag, I merely twisted it at the skin level and put a piece of waterproof medical tape over it. I may not have twisted it quite enough because it took about a week and a half, but it turned black, fell off and has never returned. I have since done this with 2 others with the same success. Disclaimer: I am not a doctor. My results were favorable. Your results may vary. Attempt at your own risk. (... nor am I a lawyer.)

Comment from: Lynn023, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 22

I had a horrid skin tag right below my underwear line. I tied it off with string and it started to hurt 2 days later. I tried to pull the string off but it wouldn't budge. I simply pulled on the skin tag and clipped it off with toe nail clippers; much easier and didn't hurt at all.

Comment from: Mic, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

I have always had skin tags. When I was young I thought they looked like a mole water balloon so I called them water moles. I never worried unless color changed. I have had a few over years that got shaved off or otherwise removed by accident, but most haven"t been a problem. Recently I gained weight, and as other problems make exercise difficult, there is more weight gain. Recently I had got a skin tag pinched by my bra. It got itchy and irritated for a few weeks. About the time I wanted to go ask the doctor about it since it had turned black, my hubby looked at it and touched it, and it fell off. Guess it died when it got pinched by the bra and took a while to dry up enough. I haven"t had any problems from it.

Comment from: Kentoneon, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 26

I have had a few skin tags on my neck, and have always hated them! Last year, my husband burned some of the larger ones off with a sterile, heated needle. Just went straight through the skin and healed nicely. But a few returned close by. This year I have started using Olay Duo serum and it seems to be killing my skin tags! I applied the cream and discovered 3 of the tags had gone red and were a little sore when touched. Within two days they had fallen off! To test whether it was with the help of the face cream, I applied it to a small tag I had by my armpit - worked like a charm! Of course, I can"t guarantee it would work for others... certainly a bonus for me!

Comment from: tootsie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 18

I"ve had skin tags for a number of years now, all sizes, one on eye lid, several under breast, under arms, several on my neck and a few in my groin area. Once they get bigger I usually tie them off with thread, works pretty good. Cutting them off makes them bleed too much. I always know where new ones are going to pop up because they start with a small red dot. They only bother me when a necklace or bra rubs on them.

Comment from: mdrag, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 10

I have several small skin tags on my eyelids that are flesh colored and are driving me crazy. They are unsightly enough to bother me, however, the thing that is making me suffer is the fact that they itch and burn constantly. I'm wondering if it's from the Celexa that I am taking. I went off of this in the past and it eliminates the itching, however the skin tags are still there. I am looking for any type of salve out there that will alleviate the itching. I've tried just about everything and nothing works!

Comment from: slingmann, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 31

I have had tags for years, most docs do not understand why I get them. I am too fat and diabetic so friction causes it in dark moist areas. Some dermatologists believe they are a type of wart. When I say I have a lot, I mean it. I have maybe 200 under each arm, hundreds in groin and some around neck and eyelids. I usually pinch them off with my fingernail unless they get large (raisin size). Then I cut them, freeze them or have large area of skin removed.

Comment from: bport, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 29

I went to private clinic. A laser removed 20 skin tags for 100 dollars. I live in Canada.

Comment from: Basseteer, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 25

I swear these things are multiplying furiously since I turned 40. I am not obese, my BMI is 22! I have literally dozens of skin tags, and seborrheic keratosis too. I had better watch that skin. I am planning to eradicate the most visible (neck) tag as soon as possible.

Comment from: greengirl, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 04

I have skin tags on my body. I feel bad every time I get more and more, and they are itchy and cannot help scratching myself; it is annoying.

Comment from: Zzz, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 17

I just grip my skin tags and rip them. Minimal pain and blood loss. I used to have a lot with frequent new ones. Now I haven't had any for years.

Comment from: Chip, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 07

I have skin tags in my groin from biking. They rub my pants and are annoying like a small cut or blister. I need to remove them but because they are so small and in a difficult area to reach I may not be able to do it myself.

Comment from: Mike, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 25

I just clipped my skin tag with a nail-clipper and it was done in a jiffy!

Comment from: DjMiss, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 07

I read these articles about skin tags. I tied my skin tag with cotton, then covered it in a small plaster. It has taken a week to turn black and hard, and drop off; hardly bled at all.

Comment from: Tony, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 30

I have been told that regularly applying nail varnish to the tag will cause it to drop off (eventually). I managed to achieve success with this method on my eye lid, but attempts to treat under arms was difficult and although I have tried a couple of times, my eye to hand co-ordination is not what it should be.

Comment from: billy, 13-18 Male (Caregiver) Published: January 17

I had a skin tag on my private area that made me really insecure so I decided to remove it. I looked online for ideas to remove the skin tag and found two that I liked. There was the freezing one and the string one. I decided to freeze it but after a week of trying I decided to go with the tying method. It was great, after the second day it turned black and fell off.

Comment from: yvonne, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 02

My Doctor removed my skin tags by pulling them off with tweezers. I was far from amused, I thought he would freeze them off. I went back 3 days later to have the plasters removed and he gave me antibiotic cream, but one deep removed tag has now got infected. I am cleaning it with salt water (yes, it stings like mad). I wish I had paid to have them removed, I am sure the job would have been done better. It is one week on today and if I had known last week what was in store for me I would have run the other way.

Published: May 28

I have many, many skin tags, and they seem to be multiplying by the dozens lately. They are embarassing to say the least. Most of mine are under my arms, on my neck, and in the folds of skin around my waist. But recently, I have found them in the creases of my legs and inside of my thighs. These rub and become irritated. Some of the older ones have become very large. I am desparate to have them removed, but my doctor said they would always come back and that they are hereditary.

Comment from: Beth, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 24

I have a skin tag in my groin area, hope it falls off.

Comment from: chuks, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: October 06

I have a skin tag in my anus. It really pains when I pass motion.

Comment from: TA, Female (Patient) Published: October 29

I have sink tags right inside of my vagina.

Comment from: Hannah pippin, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 01

I had a skin tag on my groin area about the size of a pea and recently I removed it myself. However I was still left with some of the skin tag on my skin and only half of this was removed.

Comment from: vlkoop, 3-6 Male (Caregiver) Published: May 19

My 3 year old grandson has had skin tags mainly on his face around his eyes. The doctor said not to worry, they will go away. They have not and I don"t want other children staring at him.

Comment from: Samantha, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 24

I had a small under my right armpit. When I shaved, I accidently slit part of it. It bled for a long time. The next day it inflated and turned purple. I squeezed it and it went normal color again. When I woke up today, I checked on it. It was black and swollen. It hurt really bad and I didn't know what to do. I went in the bathroom and ripped it off. It bled but then it healed and I was tagless!

Comment from: kromero, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 23

I had my doctor remove my skin tags, she cut them off with a small blade, the larger ones she put a shot in them, which hurts more then the blade, the shot numbed it then she cut it off and I didn't feel it. It did hurt a little when she cut the other ones off, now the next day they are SO sore!!! The small ones they can freeze off.

Comment from: thatgirl, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 12

I tied mine off put some ice on it and then cut it off, there wasn't a lot of bleeding and it didn't really hurt. And this thing was pretty big... and in a very sensitive spot.

Comment from: manuel, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: May 14

I have skin tags on one side of my neck. For some time, I've been using Tag Away. Now they are red around the base and are itching again.

Comment from: scaredgirl, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

I had a skin tag on my neck and it became medium in size. My friend told me to simply put a thread on the skin tag and it would just fall off by itself. I did, but it left a scar. I think that tag is still alive, because it's still kind of itchy and I know it will grow back again. I also had a skin tag in my bikini area and I kept on rubbing it because it was itchy, became reddish and painful. I'm a bit scared now because it became large. I think I need to visit a dermatologist.

Comment from: Anon, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: April 16

I use nail clippers. One snip – and that's it.

Published: July 16

If you're gone take it off yourself, just don't cut it. It will bleed a lot sometimes. The recommended way that I have read about is to tie it off with a long hair or piece of thread. It will dry up and fall off without the need to cut anything. Also, there is a new liquid product from DermaSil that will dry them up.

Published: July 03

I had a very annoying skin tag in my armpit that started out little bitty but grew huge and pesky. It would twist around and felt like my armpit was being pinched. It was also rather unsightly. My husband tied a piece of string far back on the "stem" of the skin tag, against my armpit. Within days I woke up and it had fallen off. Since then, I have tried this with several other smaller ones and have had positive results. My doctor advised this is how he would have treated this, as skin tags rarely require being cut off.

Published: June 30

I had a small skin tag on the inside of my thigh that I noticed while waxing. I'm 27 years old and this is the first one I've seen on me, but my mother has them around her eyes. I pulled on it, and it didn't hurt too much, so I decided I'd cut it off as it is somewhat unsightly. I opted for scissors......pulled the thing up a bit, snipped and used a cotton ball for the minimal bleeding that occurred. I felt absolutely no pain. I wasn't expecting that, but cool! No big scab today, just a tiny mark, less than if I had cut myself shaving.

Published: June 20

I do not suggest this because I'm not a medical professional. I recently cut off my skin tags with a razor blade in my bathroom. They were very small and on my neck. Bleeding did occur, however it involved minimal pain and the results were instant.

Published: June 19

I'm in my forties now but started getting tags in my early thirties...I have found a fast and easy way to remove them with out much pain. Large toe nail clippers (not for the faint of heart) with the straight flat head. Sterilized w/alcohol first apply a numbing cream to the tag, clip and you're done. I usually apply a little of Hydrogen Peroxide after to ensure the cut is clean.

Published: June 16

I am a 48 year old male and have multiple skin tags around my arm pits. These are numerous and of varying sizes. I also get some on my neck but these are very small. Recently one under my right arm pit became irritated and was bugging me constantly. The wife and I snipped if off with scissors and bandaged it up as it started to bleed immediately. This was expected and I figured it would clot and stop after a while. Long story short, there was lots of blood, messed up sheets, and we had to change the bandage three times, over a 7 hour period. I take aspirin, so my blood is pretty thin and takes longer to clot. After about 24 hours the site had healed enough that we removed the gauze and tape. This method works, but blood loss can result and discomfort can result by wearing a pressure bandage for a day. Next time I may try tying off the sucker and snipping it below the string. That should reduce the blood loss and be less messy.

Published: June 16

I had skin tags around neck and underarm for years. The ones around my neck seemed to be irritated by constantly wearing a gold chain. So I stopped. I did not get more but the ones I had continued to grow a bit. About 8 years had the Dr. take them off. The ones she cut healed fine. The ones she froze made huge purplish marks around my neck that did not fade for at least 3 months. She was horrified and had never seen that before. However, not wishing to try THAT again. I have cut a couple of small ones off myself. I pour alcohol over a pair of small sharp scissors, and apply alcohol on skin tag. SNIP it off quickly and apply a stiptix pencil my husband keeps for shaving cuts. Rarely have any bleeding. I apply Neosporin ointment immediately and have a great success with this. If I ever have to go to the Dr. for help with one in the future. I am going to insist on cutting not freezing!

Published: June 16

I am currently pregnant and I developed a skin tag I asked my doctor he said he can easily remove it when I am in labor so he can put anesthesia and wont hurt he is just going to cut it off. It does not hurt it just looks ugly.

Published: June 12

I had a very large skin tag on my neck. I had it checked by my primary care physician. He referred me to a plastic surgeon for removal. The reasoning he had in making the referral was because he feared that there might be a blood vessel "feeding" the tag and felt it would be best removed by a specialist. I made the appointment with the plastic surgeon and after a very costly evaluation and recommendations to have other tags removed, I was frustrated. My friend told me she had read on the internet how you could remove skin tags by applying liquid bandage called New Skin. I discussed this idea with my physician and he told me to go ahead and try it that all it would be doing is preventing oxygen to the "tag." So I did! It took several months of applying New Skin to the tag twice a day; however, it did cause my “tag” to dry up and eventually fall off. During the months of application the "tag" looked very ugly. So I would just cover it with a band aid when I was going out in public.

Published: June 09

I am 35 female and have noticed I am getting so many skin tags after my hysterectomy, and now my 4 year old has a tiny one. I had this huge one on the side of my neck that seemed to get larger and became a stare point for everyone I talked to. Many nights of crying and not having any money to go to a doctor. This older guy I met, of course starring at it, told me about an ointment he uses for everything. DMSO ointment found at Tractor Supply Co. It cost only about $5.00. I put this on about twice a day, and after months, the skin tag is off leaving about the size of a grain of rice. I am still putting ointment on it. This ointment somehow dries it out. So now I have started with other skin tags. I was leery at first because the jar says it is not for human use, it is used for horses. With high compliments and me desperate, I tried it. I just wanted to pass it along.

Published: June 09

I have a lot of skin tags as well, and notice more and more as I get older. I'm 27 now. I am overweight, and they grow in the typical regions. Most recently on my inner thighs where they become irritated. I have a patch on each inner thigh that looks pretty horrible. I'm going to try the string method, and try losing weight. I have many around my neck and I'm really embarrassed and self conscious about them, but don't want to have that many cut at once, and don't want to make repeat visits.

Published: June 06

My husband was recently diagnosed with skin tags, yet the doctor called it a form of genital warts? I'm very concerned and it's really put a damper on our sex life. They recommended that he go to a dermatologist. Now they want to see us together.

Published: June 06

I asked my family doctor about skin tags on my neck the other day. He gave me the options of cutting or freezing but I asked him about cutting off the blood loss with a piece of string. He started and laughed a little bit but said that it's also a safe way to do it as all it does is cut off blood flow and it dies and falls off naturally. So, even though I felt foolish and a little bit mocked by his laughter, at least I saved some money. And now have less skin tags.

Published: June 02

I have noticed that since my hysterectomy and a significant weight gain that the skin tags on my neck have tripled, maybe even quadrupled in size. They didn't use to bother me but now it's getting ridiculous. I am going to have to bite the bullet and make a trip to the dermatologist.

Published: June 02

I am a woman in my thirties. I first remember getting skin tags in my early twenties. I get them on my neck and around my breasts. The physician's assistant at my dermatologist's office has removed them for me by just snipping them off. It is quick and painless. I have a friend who says that she cuts her own skin tags off, but I have never done that myself.

Published: May 28

I have had skin tags since my second pregnancy. That was 23 years ago. I still have them. It has been a large source of distress for me. I have never had any removed, as it is "elective" in nature. I would love to see a dermatologist for these as well as large pores and other skin troubles. My doctors over the years never seemed to take me seriously when asked about treatment. And I suppose in relation to heart and kidney problems, they are not very urgent...but more like the fly that won't go away! I know there are home remedies but I do not know if they work or they are safe.

Published: May 28

I am a 47-year-old woman, and I used to have a few skin tags on my neck. Lately, when I used any sort of body lotion or heavy perfume, my neck would itch and turn red. From constant itching and scratching, the skin tags fell off on their own and left no scarring at all.

Published: May 28

I developed skin tags during my pregnancy on the temples of my forehead and underarms.

Comment from: Flossy, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 22

I get many skin tags. Two of them were kind bigger than the others so I decided to remove them. My GP removed them, but unfortunately, he didn't provide me any options. He just cut them off and stitched them. One was kind of a big cut and took more than eight days to heal. It also left scars. Basically, I'm disappointed with the procedure.

Published: July 21

I am 38 and have had skin tags for the last several years, but as someone else said, they keep multiplying. I find the ones on my neck to be annoying and itchy sometimes. I'll try the string with the big ones under my arm, I think, and ask my doctor.

Published: July 03

As a small child, I noticed skin tags on my grandfather and my father. Now at the age of 67, I have my share of skin tags, under my arms mostly. I do have a skin specialist and he has offered to remove them all for a one time price at my expense. This is considered cosmetic surgery by the all powerful health care provider. I could care less at my age now.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Skin Care & Conditions Newsletter