Patient Comments: Skin Tag - Complications

Did your skin tag turn purple or black? If so, what was the outcome? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: JK, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 03

Using a hemostat, I pinched the stem of a large skin tag on my neck for approximately 5 minutes. Over the next 4 to 5 days, the tag turned black and fell away. No pain, freezing or chemicals.

Comment from: DjMiss, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 07

My skin tag turned black, shrunk, flattened, and then fell off.

Comment from: Marylyn, Female (Patient) Published: June 02

I have had lots of skin tags mainly under arm pits. I have been ill for 12 months, I am not diabetic but have vitamin B 12 deficiency, neuropathy of feet and lately positive for arsenic and selenium. What I"m concerned about is, one is black and doesnt look like it would fall off. I am worried of the chances of it being malignant.

Comment from: GB, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: December 16

I get a few skin tags on my neck, wearing a collar doesn't help. I've used my hair to tie a noose around it, they turn black and fall off in 4/5 days, painless and blood free.

Comment from: TimothyG, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: January 06

I have diabetes and about 30 skin tags underarms. I tried Omega XL for knee problems. I took 2 pills every meal, a minimum of 6 pills per day. By day 3 all skin tags disappeared.

Comment from: OrangeLove, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 26

I have about 4-5 skin tags on my inner thighs. For the past few days I have been wearing a skirt and the thighs have rubbed against one another. Now the tags are a dark brown or purple.

View Adult skin Slideshow