Patient Comments: Sinus Infection - Complications

Did you suffer complications of a sinus infection? Please share your experience. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Jax61, (Patient) Published: October 22

As with everyone else who suffers with sinus, mine gets worse as the air gets damp in the winter. My symptoms are head pain, earache which runs down my jaw line, and I also get a cloudy eye and my ears feel like they are blocked or need popping like on a flight. I get really tired, I am on constant antibiotics and use the old fashioned Vicks stick you shove up your nose. My throat gets sore and I lose my voice and the constant dripping of mucus causes me to feel sick. I am at the doctor's almost monthly for antibiotics as this gives the only relief I get. My sinus gets worse if I'm stressed. As I'm not a very emotional person I don't cry often but when I do this sometimes, it helps relieve pressure so maybe it's caused by pent up emotion. Who knows!

Comment from: Eddy, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: December 16

I have acute sinusitis only during the winter. As soon as the temperature goes down, my sinus gets blocked. I also have allergies to dust mites, pollen, cigarette and other odors. My home has to be very clean throughout the year. During the summer times, I do not suffer from colds or flu and I can do sports but during the winter I suffer really badly. I go from 4 to 6 months suffering with acute sinus. I have taken antibiotics and all that. I have tried everything you imagine (i.e. nasal wash 2 to 4 x daily; steam inhalers; put my pillows up; dehumidifier; air purifiers; etc.) It is impacting on my mental health now and it is affecting other areas of my life. I do not know what to do any more.

Comment from: Babu, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: June 10

I have problem of headache besides running nose and pain in backside of eyes because of sinus infection. There is dirty fluid flow throughout and it causes cough and heavy fever.

Comment from: saloni, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 17

I have a severe left side headache and ache in my eyes and ears. A slight strain triggers it.

Comment from: MH, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 10

I have suffered from a sinusitis infection. My symptoms were severe. I had 100% vertigo. I was prescribed "Cipro" anti-biotic. It took 10 days to clear up. The rooms was spinning so all I could do was lie down and sleep. Every time I opened my eyes the room was spinning. Worse illness that I have ever had. It was scary!!

Comment from: Ronnie, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: April 24

First my eyeball and the area around my eye started to feel sore. I took a short trip, and the pollen was heavy down there. I was only in Virginia for two days, but all of sudden it felt like I had a toothache. Next came the headache. Then it got worse, and the whole left side of my face was killing me. I didn't know what it was until a friend told me it might be a sinus infection because it happen to him before.

Causes of Sinusitis (A Sinus Infection)

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Allergy and Asthma Newsletter