Patient Comments: Sinus Headache - Complications

Have you experienced complications from a sinus headache? If so, please relate your experience. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: theintz, Female (Patient) Published: March 17

I had an accident that resulted in sinus issues. I had surgery and now not only do I have infections all the time I get dizzy on occasion. What a battle. The doctor wants me to have the balloon sinuplasty. I am scared that this might make me dizzier. I have a fulltime job and really don't need this.

Comment from: 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 10

My sinus headache kicks off migraine headaches.

Comment from: spike, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 29

I had frequent sinus headaches in my mid-thirties. I had never managed to see a doctor while it was happening. Of course, when there isn"t an active problem, the doctor isn"t too interested. Eventually, I had one that was just scary. In addition to pain and inability to breathe properly, I felt like I could feel my brain move within my skull! I made sure to get to the doctor who said that if I had had insurance, she would have hospitalized me. She put me on antibiotics which cleared it up entirely. I don"t think I"ve had another sinus problem of significance in over a decade.

Comment from: Sibongile m., Female (Caregiver) Published: May 09

I'd like to know if children from ages 5 to 10 can have sinus headaches or migraines.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Allergy and Asthma Newsletter