Patient Comments: Sinus Headache - Remedies

What home remedies have you found helpful in treating your sinus headaches? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: DS, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 07

Saline irrigation, Neti pot, warm compresses and moist wash cloth over forehead and eyes, warm tea, broth help in treating sinus headaches. Avoid heavy meals, avoid sugars, alcohol, starch, and avoid allergens. Take warm showers or Epsom bath soak, and as much rest as possible. Use vaporizer and/or cool mist as well as a pot of steaming water on the stove to increase humidity in home. Get rid of things that collect dust and mold. I always carry water with me when I'm away from home. A little Vicks VapoRub dabbed on face, nostrils and forehead can help; avoid eyes. Take Tylenol when all else fails.

Comment from: sufferer, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 02

Massaging the sinus pressure points has been helpful for my sinus headaches.

Comment from: Bp, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 30

I find Sinutab, inhaling steam and it probably sounds strange, but icepacks work better than heat for treating a sinus headache.

Comment from: JD, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: June 24

I went down various avenues like sinus irrigation, steroid nasal sprays, etc. Nothing helped my sinus headaches at all. After scouring online a name kept popping up, SinuSoothe, and although it was the most expensive nose spray I came across, my gut told me to get it. Thank you gut! Two weeks later and no more sinus infection, headaches, sinus pain, and congestion. Granted, this does burn a little but you get used to it and when you physically see the infection on a tissue when you blow your nose the sense of relief is hard to explain. I actually cried one morning in the bathroom.

Comment from: Nitz, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: March 26

Firstly, take 100ml of hot water and drink 7 to 8 times in a day. Secondly, steam inhalation for 20 to 30 days for 5 to 10 minutes. Thirdly, homeopathy is the best medicine for sinus patients. There is more sweating, and pain is controlled automatically.

Comment from: maria philip, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 06

Steam inhalation provides relief to me.

Comment from: ika, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 20

A heat pad over the sinus areas.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Allergy and Asthma Newsletter