- 7 Potential Side Effects
- 3 Uncommon Severe Effects
- 3 Reasons for ED Pills
- Best Pill for ED
- Alternatives to ED Pills
Male enhancement pills, commonly called sex pills, are a type of supplement claimed to boost libido or sexual desire, improve sexual performance, and get a proper erection.
According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), most male enhancement medications cause adverse effects.
7 possible side effects of male enhancement pills
- Triggered by a sudden change in blood flow produced by high levels of nitric oxide.
- If male sexual enhancement medicine is causing headaches, talk to the doctor about solutions and alternatives.
- Body aches
- There may be muscle pains throughout the body when taking these medications.
- Some may have constant lower back pain.
- If one suffers specific types of discomfort while using enhancement medication, over-the-counter (OTC) pain medication may help.
- However, consult the doctor about any other possible causes of the suffering. The doctor can help choose an OTC medication that is compatible with other medications, as well as any other drugs one is already taking.
- May interfere with the digestive system
- Some pills may cause a fall in blood pressure, leading to dizziness.
- Even slight dizziness may be bothersome while performing regular chores.
- Dizziness caused by these medications occasionally results in fainting, which can be a serious health hazard.
- One should inform the doctor if they experience dizziness while using male enhancement pills. If a person develops dizziness or fainting while taking these medications, they must call the doctor right away.
- Vision problems
- Male enhancement medicines may affect vision. They may cause changes in the eyesight and produce hazy visions.
- These medications are not recommended if a person has had vision loss or a retinal disorder called retinitis pigmentosa.
- A complete loss of vision or chronic irregularities in the vision indicates a more serious problem with the medicine. If one has any of these symptoms, one must get emergency medical treatment.
- Flushes are brief bouts of skin warmth and redness. Flushes usually begin on the face but can spread to other parts of the body.
- Flushes can range from mild to severe, causing blotchy skin or rashes. Although the appearance is disturbing, flushes are seldom harmful.
- The symptoms may worsen after ingesting hot or spicy foods, drinking alcohol, or walking outside in hot weather.
- Congestion and a runny nose
- Congestion, along with a runny or stuffy nose, is a common adverse effect of erectile dysfunction medications.
- Most of the time, these adverse effects subside on their own. If the symptoms persist, see the doctor.
3 uncommon but severe side effects
Minor adverse effects are common while using male enhancement medication. However, there are a few less common side effects, some of which can be severe, which may include:
If a person has any of these significant side effects, they should contact the doctor immediately. Some are more prone to these side effects than others. This might be related to other medical issues or medications they are taking.
While taking these medications, it is crucial to notify the doctor about any regular drugs one takes and other medical issues one may be experiencing. If a person is unable to tolerate these drugs, the doctor may prescribe surgery or vacuum pumps as alternatives.
Why do doctors recommend male enhancement pills?
A person with erectile dysfunction may even refuse to go to the doctor for a check-up. The consequences of erectile dysfunction, however, can be eliminated with proper medications. These are drugs used to boost male sex drive and sexual performance, which have suffered as a result of low testosterone levels.
3 reasons why doctors recommend male enhancement pills
- To enhance self-worth
- One of the negative consequences of erectile dysfunction is a loss of self-confidence.
- It may begin with a person not wanting or avoiding sex because it is embarrassing for them to be not able to perform as well as they used to.
- Having a firm erection or ejaculating too soon is an antidote to pleasurable sex for both partners. If left unchecked, a person's low self-esteem affects their sexual life and social and professional life.
- In the worst-case situation, some may lose their enthusiasm for life, avoid socializing with friends and lose their productivity at work.
- Sexual performance can be improved with powerful sex enhancement medications. It is similar to addressing the fundamental cause of the problem and recovery of self-worth is expected as a result.
- To save relationships
- Many partnerships have ended due to a person's diminished sexual ability.
- It is considerably worse if they completely lose their self-esteem because their sexual connections suffer and so do their relationships with friends, coworkers, employers, and family.
- To save relationships, most doctors do recommend male enhancement pills.
- To restore optimal health
- Testosterone ensures the preservation of a person's fundamental masculine traits. It is important for a person's overall well-being.
- Because male enhancement tablets increase testosterone levels, the body is better prepared to deal with stress.
- It will help develop muscle mass and limit the storage of fat in the body.
Male enhancement drugs are used for more than just increasing sexual desire. It is beneficial in other ways. Do not be ashamed to talk to the doctor about sexual problems and take recommended male enhancement pills.
Do male enhancement pills work?
Male enhancement pills are available in stores and online as natural therapies to enhance sexual function in a variety of methods. They are generally created from plants, and they frequently contain several blended herbal supplements.
- Some producers claim that these products can enhance penis size or treat sexual performance-related health issues, such as erectile dysfunction and poor sex drive.
- Male enhancement drugs have not been shown to increase sexual performance in the same way that prescription medicines have.
- They may have a placebo effect, which means a person may notice an increase in their sexual performance because they feel they are receiving therapy.
- Because male enhancement pills are not approved pharmaceuticals, they have not been tested in the same manner that legitimate medications do to ensure their safety and efficacy.
What is the best male enhancement pill?
Because no male enhancement pills have been confirmed to work, there is no “best one” to try. However, some are riskier than others.
If a person decides to use male enhancement pills, they must ensure to get them from a reputable seller. If they wish to improve a specific ailment, such as premature ejaculation or erectile dysfunction, approved drugs may be the best solution.
A person may get erectile dysfunction therapy in a pharmacy without first consulting a doctor. They may purchase online without a prescription.
Prescriptions for erectile dysfunction treatments available online are:
The medication for premature ejaculation available online is:
- Topical anesthetic cream of lidocaine and prilocaine
What are the alternatives to male enhancement pills?
Anxiety and stress can have a significant influence on sexual life. Speaking with a sex therapist or counselor may help explore the issues and develop coping methods to cope with some of the fundamental reasons for stress. Several variables might have an impact on sexual life.
Physical causes should be checked out, and any indications of mental health concerns should be investigated and addressed with the doctor. Relationship issues can create sex problems and should be discussed with the partner or through organizations. Speaking with a doctor or therapist may help determine the source of the difficulties and what actions to take to begin improving them.
Latest Men's Health News
Daily Health News
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
Preidt R. Male Sex Enhancement Supplements May Be Risky. WebMD. https://www.webmd.com/erectile-dysfunction/news/20160113/male-sexual-enhancement-supplements-often-ineffective-possibly-harmful-study
Chiang J, Yafi FA, Dorsey PJ Jr, Hellstrom WJ. The dangers of sexual enhancement supplements and counterfeit drugs to "treat" erectile dysfunction. Transl Androl Urol. 2017;6(1):12-19. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5313300/
Scripps Health. Men’s Sexual Health Supplements: Are They Safe? https://www.scripps.org/news_items/4846-men-s-sexual-health-supplements-are-they-safe