Patient Comments: Sexually Transmitted Diseases in Women (STDs) - Symptoms

Describe the symptoms you experienced with your STD. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Chancroid Sufferer, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 17

I suspect that I contracted chancroid in the fall of 2000. I experienced the 1st sore from it on my genitals very soon after I had the sexual contact I contracted the infection through. At the time I thought it was herpes and that I had a herpes infection because of the sore. It was very large and very painful. It was throbbing with pain. I also started experiencing very severe fatigue at this time which I did not know at the time was chronic fatigue syndrome. I got a syphilis blood test in November of 2002 which was negative and a herpes blood test in December of 2002 which was negative, so I assumed I had chancroid and that chancroid was responsible for that sore and the other genital sores I had after that as well as the fatigue. I went to an infectious disease specialist in January of 2003 and told about this and he told me that I didn't have to worry about whether I had chancroid because according to him chancroid wasn't a very serious infection. He told me that I didn't need treatment for it since I hadn't had a sore from it since summer of 2002, and my immune system was successfully fighting the chancroid off on its own. He didn't say anything about whether I was infectious and claimed that fatigue wasn't a symptom. The chronic fatigue syndrome that I started experiencing when I contracted the infection is very severe and very debilitating. It is still going on. I wonder if it is possible that they just don't know enough about chancroid that they can know that it doesn't cause chronic fatigue syndrome. I have sent e-mails to the CDC about this and they have told me that no STD can cause chronic fatigue syndrome. The chronic fatigue syndrome started when I got the first sore. I don't think that this could be a coincidence.

Comment from: mimi, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 29

I contacted staph 8 years ago. I have been treating it since then but it won't go away. The lab results keep saying it is a mild growth of staph. Now I am married and we can't conceive. Since I got married I got more observant with my body system and I noticed I have sensitive movements in my body, like worm. Also I get bowel pains (like a rush or sharp pain in my rectum and it is painful to sit sometimes. I get cramps, bloating, white discharge, and this happens when I am ovulating or a day after ovulation. Also sometimes my urine has a very foul odor. I have been to the hospital here in my country but the doctor seems not to understand what am saying, they always send me for lab or scan and it will still be mild growth of staph and insignificant uterine fibroid. Please doctors help me, I don't know what is wrong with me and am very scared that is STD.

Comment from: blue purple, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: October 08

Two days ago I noticed a creamy discharge from my penis and it later turned yellow. I started feeling a mild irritation and burning when urinating and today felt a growing lump in my groin with a minor pain and swelling. This is scary.

Comment from: Angie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 02

I have blisters in and on my vagina. It also burns.

Comment from: christinah, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 31

I have an itching vagina and lower abdominal pain, with STD. It hurts when I urinate and I have yellowish discharge.

Comment from: spareme, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 04

I can't seem to find out what caused this hole next to my vagina.

Comment from: bea bianca, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 28

I do observe discharge in my vagina that is watery in color, sometimes white or yellow, and it worries me about STD. And it is smelly.

Comment from: Tsholofelo Gokonwang, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: April 14

I do observed discharge in my vagina that is watery in color, sometimes white or yellow, and it worries me.

Comment from: Favor, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: August 23

I do observe discharge from my breast if I press it,and I also observe discharge from my Virginia that is water in color and a times white or yellow and it worries me much,what could be the cause

View Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) Slideshow Pictures