Trending Sexual Health Topics
Genital herpes is a viral infection, and is transmitted during sexual contact. Symptoms include itching or tingling sensation followed by redness of the skin and blister formation on the genitals. There is no cure for herpes; however, there are ways to treat outbreaks.
Watch this slideshow on 10 surprising health benefits of sex, including stress relief, boosting immunity, improving cardiovascular health and more.
Relationships, sex, and love! Could it be that what motivates physical attraction in us may be all in our minds? Take the Sex & Love Quiz to challenge yourself on healthy human sexuality!
Related Disease Conditions
Chlamydia in Women (Symptoms and Cures)
Chlamydia is the most common sexually transmitted disease in the U.S. Signs and symptoms of chlamydia, a bacterial infection,...
Erectile Dysfunction (ED, Impotence)
Erectile dysfunction (ED, impotence) is the failure to achieve or maintain an erection. There are many potential underlying...
Female Reproductive System
The female reproductive system is designed to carry out several functions, including: producing the female egg cells,...
Genital Herpes in Women (Symptoms, Signs, Treatment)
Genital herpes is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV). Symptoms of genital herpes...
Genital Warts in Men (HPV)
The HPV virus (genital warts) in men can cause health problems. Genital warts are confined primarily to the moist skin of the...
Genital Warts (HPV) Infection in Women
Genital warts is a sexually transmitted infection (STI, STD) caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV). It is the most common STD...
Gonorrhea In Women
Gonorrhea is a bacterial infection transmitted during sexual contact. In women, symptoms include a yellow vaginal discharge,...
HPV (Human Papillomavirus Infection)
HPVs or human papillomaviruses are a group of viral infections of the skin and mucous membranes. Certain high-risk types of HPV...
Is Chlamydia Contagious? (Symptoms and Transmission)
Chlamydia is a sexually tranmistted disease (STD) that is contagious. Chlaymida is spread through sexual contact (You cannot get...
Just about everybody masturbates. Masturbation itself is the self-stimulation of the male or female genitals to achieve sexual...
Paraphilias are characterized by sexual fantasies, urges, and behaviors involving unusual objects or activities. Exhibitionism,...
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) is the most common and serious complication of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), aside from...
Penis disorders (male reproductive problems) include priapism, Peyronie's disease, balanitis, phimosis, paraphimosis, and penile...
Pubic Lice (Crabs)
Pubic lice (crabs) are parasitic insects found in the genital area, and are primarily spread through sexual contact. Symptoms of...
Reproductive health encompasses the beginning of menstruation for women, choosing the right birth control method for you and your...
Sexual Problems in Men
Male sexual dysfunction can be caused by physical or psychological problems. Common sexual problems in men include erectile...
Sexual Problems (Sex) in Women
Sexual dysfunction refers to a problem that arises during any phase of the sexual response cycle, preventing an individual or...
The term sex addiction describes the behavior of someone who has an unusually strong sex drive or sexual obsession. Sex and...
Sexual health information including birth control, impotence, herpes, sexually transmitted diseases, staying healthy, women's...
Sexual Response Cycle (Phases of Sexual Response)
There are four phases to the sexual response for men and women. Couple do not usually reach each phase at the same time, and they...
Sexually Transmitted Diseases in Women (STD)
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are among the most common infectious diseases in the United States. STDs can be spread...
Sexually Transmitted Diseases and Pregnancy (STDs)
When you are pregnant, many sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) can be especially harmful to you and your baby. These STDs...
STDs in Men
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are infections transmitted during sexual contact. They may be caused by viruses, bacteria,...
Syphilis in Women
Syphilis is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) caused by a spiral-shaped type of bacteria known as a spirochete. There are...
Testicular Pain (Men and Boys: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment)
Testicular pain, or pain in the testicle or testicles are caused by a variety of diseases or conditions such as testicular...
Trichomoniasis is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) caused by a parasite passed from person to person. Trichomoniasis can be...
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Men, Love, and Sex: 18 Secrets Guys Wish You Knew in Pictures
What do men really want you to know about them? For better intimacy, learn these 18 secrets guys wish you Knew about sex, love,...
Choosing Your Birth Control Method
What are your birth control options? Learn about birth control side effects and effectiveness. Discover birth control methods...
Picture of Chancroid
A sexually transmitted infection (STI) caused by the bacterium Haemophilus ducreyi. See a picture of Chancroid and learn more...
Picture of Chlamydia
A type of bacteria which causes an infection very similar to gonorrhea in the way that it is spread, the symptoms it produces,...
Picture of Crabs (Pubic Lice)
Parasitic insects found in the genital area of humans. See a picture of Crabs (Pubic Lice) and learn more about the health topic....
Female Sexual Dysfunction: Treatment for Women's Sexual Disorders
Sexual dysfunction in women is common, from female sexual arousal disorder to other sexual problems. Causes of female sexual...
Genital Herpes Quiz: What is Genital Herpes?
What is genital herpes? Learn the causes, symptoms in men and women, and treatments for this common sexually transmitted skin...
Picture of Genital Warts (HPV)
A wart in the moist skin of the genitals or around the anus. See a picture of Genital Warts (HPV) and learn more about the health...
Picture of Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1
A herpes virus that causes cold sores and fever blisters in and around the mouth. See a picture of Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1...
Picture of Herpes Simplex Virus Type 2
A herpes virus that causes genital herpes, which is characterized by sores in the genital area. See a picture of Herpes Simplex...
Erectile Dysfunction (Impotence) Quiz: Causes & Treatment
Did you know that certain medical condition may be responsible for ED? Some causes of impotence are medically treatable and...
Infidelity Quiz: Surviving Infidelity
How long does the average affair last? Learn about love, lies, and more with the Infidelity Quiz....
Picture of LGV (Lymphogranuloma Venereum)
An uncommon genital or anorectal (affecting the anus and/or rectum) infection that is caused by a specific type of Chlamydia...
Picture of Scabies
Infestation of the skin by the human itch mite, Sarcaptes scabies. See a picture of Scabies Bites and learn more about the health...
19 Secrets Women Wish You Knew With Pictures
There are secrets women would love for you to know. These relationship secrets are based on the study of healthy, happy couples,...
Sex Quiz: Love & Relationships Facts
Relationships, sex, and love! Could it be that what motivates physical attraction in us may be all in our minds? Take the Sex &...
Sex-Drive Killers: The Causes of Low Libido
Noticing a lack of intimacy with your partner? Here we explore how stress, lack of sleep, weight gain, depression and low T can...
Your Sex Life After Pregnancy
Learn how your sex life changes after having a baby. Explore tips on how to regain sexual desire and strengthen your relationship...
The Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
How would you like a stronger immune system or better sleep? Action between the sheets can help you get all of this and more....
STD Diagnosis, Images, Symptoms, Treatment
Learn about sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) including symptoms, signs, diagnosis, and treatment options. Get more...
Picture of Syphilis
A sexually transmitted disease caused by Treponema pallidum, a microscopic organism called a spirochete. See a picture of...
Picture of The Clap (Gonorrhea)
A sexually transmitted infection (STI) caused by the bacterium Neisseria gonorrhoea. See a picture of The Clap (Gonorrhea) and...
Picture of Trichomoniasis
Infection with trichomonas, in humans with Trichomonas vaginalis. See a picture of Trichomoniasis and learn more about the health...
Sex Tips for Men: How to Have a Better Sex Life
Learn sex tips for men that lead to more sexual pleasure such as better communication, focusing on pleasurable sensations,...
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Barrier Methods of Birth Control Side Effects, Advantages, and Disadvantages
- Circumcision: Medical Pros and Cons
- Circumcision: The Surgical Procedure
- Contraceptive Measures after Unprotected Sex
- Gardasil HPV Vaccine
- Hormonal Methods of Birth Control
- IUD (Intrauterine Device for Birth Control)
- Natural Birth Control
- Penile Implants
- Penis Pump
- Birth Control: Surgical Sterilization
- Testosterone Therapy to Treat ED
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- 'Cocktail' Approach Offers Early Hope for New Male Contraceptive
- 'On-Again, Off-Again' Relationships May Be More Trouble Than They're Worth
- With 'Super Gonorrhea' a Threat, Many Still Getting Wrong Antibiotics
- Nearly 1 in 10 Americans Struggles to Control Sexual Urges
- A Husband's Housework May Bring Bedroom Benefits
- New Antibiotic Offers Hope Against 'Super Gonorrhea'
- Antibiotic-Resistant Gonorrhea Found in 2 U.K. Women
- Are You Sabotaging Your Sex Life?
- Birth Control Coverage Opt-Out Finalized by Trump Administration
- Catch-Up HPV Shots Work for Teen Girls
- Companies Not Doing Enough to Combat Sexual Harassment: Survey
- Could Impotence Be in Your Genes?
- Do Men Really Hook Up More Than Women?
- Even Flies Enjoy Ejaculation: Study
- Everyday Medications That Can Ruin Your Sex Life
- Father-Son Talks About Condoms Pay Health Dividends
- For College Students, 'Hookup Sex' More Intimate Than Thought
- Frequent Sexting Can Weaken Committed Relationships
- Guys, Avoid 'Rhino' Sexual Enhancement Products, FDA Says
- Happiness in Marriage May Rest in Your Genes
- Health Tip: Protecting Yourself From Sexual Assault
- Health Tip: HPV Vaccine
- Health Tip: Kegel Exercise Tips
- Health Tip: Understanding Vasectomy
- Common Household Chemicals Harm Sperm in Both Men and Dogs
- How Your Mother's Love Life May Affect Your Own
- HPV Vaccine Approved for People Through Age 45
- HPV Vaccine Doesn't Put Girls' Fertility at Risk: Study
- HPV Vaccine Even Helps Women Who Didn't Get It: Study
- Many Parents Unsure of Talking About Sex With LGBT Kids
- Helping Hand: Men's Grip Strength May Up Marriage Prospects
- Meth Abuse Driving Big Spike in Syphilis Cases
- Money Matters
- New Chlamydia Test Offers Rapid Results
- No Link Between HPV Vaccine, Autoimmune Diseases: Study
- Online Daters Are Really Looking for Their Better Half
- Preteens' HPV Shot Won't Encourage Early Sex, Study Says
- Promoting HPV Vaccine Doesn't Prompt Risky Sex by Teens: Study
- Rock Bands Soar When Some Members Are Married
- Romance: Deal Makers and Breakers
- Scent of a Woman: Fertile Females Smell Better to Men
- Self-Lubricating Condom Might Increase Its Use
- Sex Robots Are Already Here, But Are They Healthy for Humans?
- Should You Really Forgive and Forget?
- Snorers, Could CPAP Help Your Sex Life, Too?
- Staying a Happy Couple During a Home Reno
- STD Rates Continue to Climb in U.S.
- STDs Hit Record High in California
- Super Drug-Resistant Gonorrhea Coming to U.S., Experts Say
- Teen Birth Control Use Up, But Still Too Many Unwanted Pregnancies
- U.K. Man Has World's Worst Case of Super-Gonorrhea
- U.S. Women Loosening Up Sexually, Study Shows
- Valentines Forever? Commitment Is Key
- Injured U.S. Vet Receives World's First Penis/Scrotum Transplant
- Weight-Loss Surgery May Bring a Bedroom Bonus
- Weight-Loss Surgery May Pay Off in the Bedroom, Too
- What Women Seek in a Mate -- Or Just a Fling
- When Love Goes Wrong, Why Some Stay
- Who Are America's Cohabiting Couples?
- 4 Things You Didn't Know About Oral Sex
- Birth Control Myths
- Happy, Healthy, Valentine!
- Life Cycle of a Penis
- Masturbation: 5 Things You Didn't Know
- Penis Enlargement: Does It Work?
- Safe Sex for Grown-Ups
- Sex Drive: How Do Men and Women Compare?
- Sex: Why Foreplay Matters (Especially for Women)
- Syphilis Symptoms in Adults
- What Does a Sex Therapist Do?
- When Desire Dies: Bringing Your Sex Drive Back to Life