Trending Sexual Health Topics
Genital herpes is a viral infection, and is transmitted during sexual contact. Symptoms include itching or tingling sensation followed by redness of the skin and blister formation on the genitals. There is no cure for herpes; however, there are ways to treat outbreaks.
Watch this slideshow on 10 surprising health benefits of sex, including stress relief, boosting immunity, improving cardiovascular health and more.
Relationships, sex, and love! Could it be that what motivates physical attraction in us may be all in our minds? Take the Sex & Love Quiz to challenge yourself on healthy human sexuality!
Related Disease Conditions
Chlamydia in Women (Symptoms and Cures)
Chlamydia is the most common sexually transmitted disease in the U.S. Signs and symptoms of chlamydia, a bacterial infection,...
Erectile Dysfunction (ED, Impotence)
Erectile dysfunction (ED, impotence) is the failure to achieve or maintain an erection. There are many potential underlying...
Female Reproductive System
The female reproductive system is designed to carry out several functions, including: producing the female egg cells,...
Genital Herpes in Women (Symptoms, Signs, Treatment)
Genital herpes is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV). Symptoms of genital herpes...
Genital Warts in Men (HPV)
The HPV virus (genital warts) in men can cause health problems. Genital warts are confined primarily to the moist skin of the...
Genital Warts in Women (HPV)
Genital warts is an infection caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV). It is the most common sexually transmitted infection...
Gonorrhea In Women
Gonorrhea is a bacterial infection transmitted during sexual contact. In women, symptoms include a yellow vaginal discharge,...
HPV (Human Papillomavirus Infection)
HPVs or human papillomaviruses are a group of viral infections of the skin and mucous membranes. Certain high-risk types of HPV...
Is Chlamydia Contagious? (Symptoms and Transmission)
Chlamydia is a sexually tranmistted disease (STD) that is contagious. Chlaymida is spread through sexual contact (You cannot get...
Just about everybody masturbates. Masturbation itself is the self-stimulation of the male or female genitals to achieve sexual...
Paraphilias are characterized by sexual fantasies, urges, and behaviors involving unusual objects or activities. Exhibitionism,...
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) is the most common and serious complication of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), aside from...
Penis disorders (male reproductive problems) include priapism, Peyronie's disease, balanitis, phimosis, paraphimosis, and penile...
Pubic Lice (Crabs)
Pubic lice (crabs) are parasitic insects found in the genital area, and are primarily spread through sexual contact. Symptoms of...
Reproductive health encompasses the beginning of menstruation for women, choosing the right birth control method for you and your...
Sexual Problems in Men
Male sexual dysfunction can be caused by physical or psychological problems. Common sexual problems in men include erectile...
Sexual Problems (Sex) in Women
Sexual dysfunction refers to a problem that arises during any phase of the sexual response cycle, preventing an individual or...
The term sex addiction describes the behavior of someone who has an unusually strong sex drive or sexual obsession. Sex and...
Sexual health information including birth control, impotence, herpes, sexually transmitted diseases, staying healthy, women's...
Sexual Response Cycle (Phases of Sexual Response)
There are four phases to the sexual response for men and women. Couple do not usually reach each phase at the same time, and they...
Sexually Transmitted Diseases in Women (STD)
Sexually transmitted diseases, or STDs, are infections that are transmitted during any type of sexual exposure, including...
Sexually Transmitted Diseases and Pregnancy (STDs)
When you are pregnant, many sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) can be especially harmful to you and your baby. These STDs...
STDs in Men
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are infections transmitted during sexual contact. They may be caused by viruses, bacteria,...
Syphilis in Women
Syphilis is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) caused by a spiral-shaped type of bacteria known as a spirochete. There are...
Testicular Pain (Pain in the Testicles)
Testicular pain, or pain in the testicle or testicles are caused by a variety of diseases or conditions such as testicular...
Trichomoniasis is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) caused by a parasite passed from person to person. Trichomoniasis can be...
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Men, Love, and Sex: 18 Secrets Guys Wish You Knew in Pictures
What do men really want you to know about them? For better intimacy, learn these 18 secrets guys wish you Knew about sex, love,...
Choosing Your Birth Control Method
What are your birth control options? Learn about birth control side effects and effectiveness. Discover birth control methods...
Picture of Chancroid
A sexually transmitted infection (STI) caused by the bacterium Haemophilus ducreyi. See a picture of Chancroid and learn more...
Picture of Chlamydia
A type of bacteria which causes an infection very similar to gonorrhea in the way that it is spread, the symptoms it produces,...
Picture of Crabs (Pubic Lice)
Parasitic insects found in the genital area of humans. See a picture of Crabs (Pubic Lice) and learn more about the health topic....
Female Sexual Dysfunction: Treatment for Women's Sexual Disorders
Sexual dysfunction in women is common, from female sexual arousal disorder to other sexual problems. Causes of female sexual...
Genital Herpes Quiz: What is Genital Herpes?
What is genital herpes? Learn the causes, symptoms in men and women, and treatments for this common sexually transmitted skin...
Picture of Genital Warts (HPV)
A wart in the moist skin of the genitals or around the anus. See a picture of Genital Warts (HPV) and learn more about the health...
Picture of Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1
A herpes virus that causes cold sores and fever blisters in and around the mouth. See a picture of Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1...
Picture of Herpes Simplex Virus Type 2
A herpes virus that causes genital herpes, which is characterized by sores in the genital area. See a picture of Herpes Simplex...
Erectile Dysfunction (Impotence) Quiz: Causes & Treatment
Did you know that certain medical condition may be responsible for ED? Some causes of impotence are medically treatable and...
Infidelity Quiz: Surviving Infidelity
How long does the average affair last? Learn about love, lies, and more with the Infidelity Quiz....
Picture of LGV (Lymphogranuloma Venereum)
An uncommon genital or anorectal (affecting the anus and/or rectum) infection that is caused by a specific type of Chlamydia...
Picture of Scabies
Infestation of the skin by the human itch mite, Sarcaptes scabies. See a picture of Scabies Bites and learn more about the health...
19 Secrets Women Wish You Knew With Pictures
There are secrets women would love for you to know. These relationship secrets are based on the study of healthy, happy couples,...
Sex Quiz: Love & Relationships Facts
Relationships, sex, and love! Could it be that what motivates physical attraction in us may be all in our minds? Take the Sex &...
Sex-Drive Killers: The Causes of Low Libido
Noticing a lack of intimacy with your partner? Here we explore how stress, lack of sleep, weight gain, depression and low T can...
Your Sex Life After Pregnancy
Learn how your sex life changes after having a baby. Explore tips on how to regain sexual desire and strengthen your relationship...
The Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
How would you like a stronger immune system or better sleep? Action between the sheets can help you get all of this and more....
STD Diagnosis, Images, Symptoms, Treatment
Learn about sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) including symptoms, signs, diagnosis, and treatment options. Get more...
Picture of Syphilis
A sexually transmitted disease caused by Treponema pallidum, a microscopic organism called a spirochete. See a picture of...
Picture of The Clap (Gonorrhea)
A sexually transmitted infection (STI) caused by the bacterium Neisseria gonorrhoea. See a picture of The Clap (Gonorrhea) and...
Picture of Trichomoniasis
Infection with trichomonas, in humans with Trichomonas vaginalis. See a picture of Trichomoniasis and learn more about the health...
Sex Tips for Men: How to Have a Better Sex Life
Learn sex tips for men that lead to more sexual pleasure such as better communication, focusing on pleasurable sensations,...
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Barrier Methods of Birth Control
- Circumcision: Medical Pros and Cons
- Circumcision: The Surgical Procedure
- Contraceptive Measures after Unprotected Sex
- Gardasil HPV Vaccine
- Hormonal Methods of Birth Control
- IUD (Intrauterine Device for Birth Control)
- Natural Birth Control
- Penile Implants
- Penis Pump
- Birth Control: Surgical Sterilization
- Testosterone Therapy to Treat ED
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- 'Female Viagra' May Lift a Younger Woman's Libido
- 1 in 9 American Men Infected With Oral HPV
- About 1.3 Million U.S. Adults Identify as Transgender: Study
- 2 Doses of HPV Shot Enough to Prevent Genital Warts: Study
- Almost 21 Million Worldwide Now Have Access to HIV Meds
- 4 in 10 U.S. Adults Under 60 Carry HPV
- A Plug Instead of a Snip for Male Birth Control?
- Adding in Prescription for Partner Boosts STD Care
- Ouch! Americans Injuring Themselves Grooming Pubic Hair
- Bike Fanatics Shouldn't Worry About Effects on Sexual Health
- Controversial Inmate Birth Control Program Halted
- Did Syphilis Cause Painter Goya's Hearing Loss?
- Do Older Guys Always Prefer Younger Women? Maybe Not
- Could an Estrogen Patch Boost Women's Sex Lives in Menopause?
- Few Military Doctors Well-Trained in Transgender Care: Study
- First U.S. Intersex Birth Certificate Issued in NYC
- Do Genes Steer You to a Partner With Similar Schooling?
- Genital Herpes Vaccine Shows Promise in Animal Trials
- Gonorrhea Becoming More Resistant to Drugs
- He Complains She Shops Too Much -- And Marriage Suffers
- Health Tip: Getting the HPV Vaccine
- HIV Is Gaining Resistance to Lifesaving Drugs
- HPV Vaccine Doesn't Eliminate Need for Pap Test
- HPV Vaccine May Even Protect Women Who Never Got It
- HPV Vaccine Safe for Adult Women: Study
- Is Kissing Etiquette 'Hardwired?'
- Study Sees Link Between Porn and Sexual Dysfunction
- After Couples Fight, Making Up Differs for Him and Her
- 6 in 10 of America's Single Guys 'Take Responsibility' for Contraception
- More Sleep Time, Less Play Time in America's Bedrooms
- More U.S. Teens Getting Vaccinated Against HPV
- Most U.S. Teens Aren't 'Doing It'
- Mouthwash Helps Kill Gonorrhea Germs in Mouth, Throat: Study
- Nearly Half of U.S. Men Infected With HPV, Study Finds
- New Hope in Search for Vaccine Against Gonorrhea
- Guys, a Noisy Bedroom May Not Be Good for Your Fertility
- Only About One-Third of Americans Use Condoms: CDC
- Our Gorilla Cousins Harbor Mono-Like Virus, Too
- Pot Smokers May Have Better Sex Lives
- Relationship Status Impacts Health
- Most Relationships Survive Struggles With Infertility
- Repeat Infection Likely for Men With HPV
- Trump Administration Moves to Reverse Birth Control Requirement for Religious Employers
- Routine Testing for Genital Herpes of Little Benefit: U.S. Experts
- Semen Harbors Wide Range of Viruses
- STDs Hit All-Time High in U.S.
- Syphilis Rates Spike Among U.S. Gay, Bisexual Men: CDC
- Tuskegee Syphilis Study Descendents Group Seeks Remaining Settlement Money
- The Best Place to Find Your Valentine
- The Secret to a Good Sex Life Is ...
- Unlocking the Secrets of the Love Hormone Kisspeptin
- Transgender People Report More Health Problems
- U.S. Transgender Surgeries Up 20 Percent in 2 Years
- Was It Love at First Smell?
- What to Know About Online Dating Sites
- When Cocaine's in the Mix, Safe Sex May Not Be
- White House to Roll Back Birth Control Mandate in Employers' Health Care Plans
- Women Driven to Be Thinner When Husband Is Hot
- Women More Likely Than Men to Lose Sex Spark
- Your Sex Life May Work Wonders for Your Work Life
- Your Sociability May Hinge on 'Love Hormone'
- 4 Things You Didn't Know About Oral Sex
- Birth Control Myths
- Happy, Healthy, Valentine!
- Life Cycle of a Penis
- Masturbation: 5 Things You Didn't Know
- Penis Enlargement: Does It Work?
- Safe Sex for Grown-Ups
- Sex Drive: How Do Men and Women Compare?
- Sex: Why Foreplay Matters (Especially for Women)
- Syphilis Symptoms in Adults
- What Does a Sex Therapist Do?
- When Desire Dies: Bringing Your Sex Drive Back to Life