Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Related Disease Conditions
Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome
Second Source article from Government...
Although a fever technically is any body temperature above the normal of 98.6 F (37 C), in practice, a person is usually not...
Influenza (flu) is a respiratory illness caused by a virus. Flu symptoms include fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, headache,...
Learn about osteoporosis, a condition characterized by the loss of bone density, which leads to an increased risk of bone...
Pneumonia is inflammation of the lungs caused by fungi, bacteria, or viruses. Symptoms and signs include cough, fever, shortness...
Travelers should prepare for their trip by visiting their physician to get the proper vaccinations and obtain the necessary...
Vasculitis (Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment, Types)
Vasculitis (arteritis, angiitis) is a general term for a group of uncommon diseases which feature inflammation of the blood...
Diarrhea (Causes, Medicine, Remedies, Treatment)
Diarrhea is a change is the frequency and looseness of bowel movements. Symptoms associated with diarrhea are cramping, abdominal...
Cough (Chronic, Persistent Cough in Adults and Children)
Chronic cough is a cough that does not go away and is generally a symptom of another disorder such as asthma, allergic...
Pulmonary fibrosis is scarring throughout the lungs. Pulmonary fibrosis can be caused by many conditions including chronic...
ARDS (Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome)
Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) is a lung condition in which trauma to the lungs leads to inflammation of the lungs,...
Novel H1N1 influenza A virus infection (swine flu) is an infection that generally is transferred from an infected pig to a human,...
MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome)
MERS-CoV (Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus) infection can be spread through respiratory secretions. Symptoms include...
Treatment & Diagnosis
- SARS Update to Date
- SARS Virus Identified
- Monkeys Confirm SARS
- SARS to Stop, or Here to Stay?
- SARS Epidemic in Perspective
- SARS Transmitted on Airplane
- US Bans Civet Imports to Stop SARS Spread
- What Is a Hospitalist?
- Symptoms of MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome or MERS-CoV) Virus Infection
- Hospitals: Can Yours Handle Your Emergency?
Prevention & Wellness
- Could New Pig Virus Pose Threat to People?
- Experimental Drug Shows Promise Against Dangerous Viruses
- Bats Harbor Viruses That Could Cause Outbreaks in Humans
- Do Your Part to Stop Spreading Colds and Flu
- Toys Remain Viral Playground for 24 Hours
- SARS-like Virus in Bats Could Jump to Humans
- Airport Screenings Miss Roughly Half of Sick Travelers: Study
- Existing Drugs May Work Against MERS, Studies Suggest
- MERS FAQ: What You Need to Know
- 1st U.S. MERS Patient Improving, Officials Say
- Deadly Respiratory Virus Has Passed Between Animals, Humans Before
- Scientists Tally Viruses Living in Mammals
- Recently Emerged MERS Virus Less Infectious Than SARS: Study
- Study Reveals How New Respiratory Virus Spreads
- MERS Virus May Never Become Big Threat in U.S., Experts Say
- Health Highlights: May 28, 2013
- Health Highlights: May 14, 2013
- Treatment for New, Deadly Coronavirus Shows Promise
- Remembering SARS - 10 Years Later
- Monkey Research Gives Insights Into New SARS-Like Virus
- Secrets of New SARS-Like Virus Uncovered
- British Man Dies From SARS
- Emerging SARS-Like Virus Well-Suited to Attack Humans: Study
- New SARS-Like Virus May Have Spread Between People
- Study Finds New SARS-Like Virus Spread Through Bats, Pigs
- Health Highlights: Nov. 26, 2012
- Airports in N.Y., L.A., Hawaii Deemed Worst for Pandemic Spread
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter