Patient Comments: Septic Arthritis - Experience

Please describe your experience with septic arthritis. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: frank, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 06

It was the worst experience of my life. I lay on my bed for 3 weeks in agony while medics failed to diagnose me. I was even put in plaster for a week. After 3 weeks one of them ordered a blood test as an afterthought. I was called 2 days later and told to get to hospital quickly! For 3 weeks I was in hospital on a drip, manipulations, lots of physiotherapy, all useless and finally I had a full knee replacement. I am still sore 3 years on, I assume because of all the surrounding damage.

Comment from: ro, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 03

During my summer holiday I managed to contract septic arthritis and can say it was very painful. After a week had passed I was told to go the Accident and Emergency where they admitted me and did keyhole surgery within 24 hours. After two months of recuperating I went back to work (but I have a numbness in the knee and my foot that won't go away).

Symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis