Senior health is important for healthy and successful aging. Eating healthy and regular exercise may lower a person's risk for obesity, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, cancer, and other chronic diseases. Meal planning, creating an exercise program that fits your needs and lifestyle also is important to leading a healthy and fulfilling life as you age. Read more: Senior Health (Successful Aging) Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Heat Rash Pictures, Symptoms, Causes, & Treatments
Do you know what heat rash looks like? Heat rash (also called prickly heat) develops when the skin sweat ducts become blocked....
Common Eye Problems and Infections
Eye diseases can cause damage and blindness if not detected and treated soon enough. Learn the warning signs and symptoms of...
Heart Disease: Causes of a Heart Attack
Learn about heart disease and heart attack symptoms and signs of a heart attack in men and women. Read about heart disease...
What Is Osteoporosis? Treatment, Symptoms, Medication
Osteoporosis is a disease characterized by low bone mass and density. Osteoporosis causes symptoms of weak, thin, fragile bones....
Colon Cancer: Symptoms, Signs, Screening, Stages
Colorectal cancer (colon cancer) is the cause of many cancer deaths. Learn about the warning signs, symptoms, screening process,...
Breast Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment
Learn about breast cancer causes, symptoms, tests, recovery, and prevention. Discover the types of treatments such as surgery and...
Low Back Pain: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, Relief
Do you suffer from low back pain? Watch this slideshow to see common triggers of lower back pain and what kind of treatments you...
Dehydration: Causes, Symptoms & Tips to Stay Hydrated
Do you know the signs of dehydration? Dehydration can cause medical complications. Learn the causes, symptoms, treatments, and...
Dementia, Alzheimer's Disease, and Aging Brains
What is dementia? Learn about dementia disorders such as Lewy Body Dementia, Alzheimer's disease (AD), Vascular (multi-infarct)...
Diverticulitis (Diverticulosis) Symptoms, Diet, Treatment
Diverticulitis (diverticulosis) is a condition in which the diverticulum or diverticula rupture in the colon causing infection....
Ovarian Cancer Symptoms, Signs, Stages
Learn about ovarian cancer symptoms, diagnosis, and treatments. Follow the progression of ovarian cancer stages from stage 1 to...
Cholesterol Levels: What the Numbers Mean
Do you know the different cholesterol levels and what they mean? Learn the alphabet soup of cholesterol testing: LDL, HDL, good,...
Osteoarthritis (OA): Treatment, Symptoms, Diagnosis
Osteoarthritis (OA) is a degenerative joint disease affecting both cartilage and bone. Joints most often affected by...
Exercises for Knee Osteoarthritis and Joint Pain
Learn about osteoarthritis and exercises that relieve knee osteoarthritis pain, stiffness and strengthen the knee joint and...
Stroke Causes, Symptoms, and Recovery
What is a stroke? Learn about stroke symptoms like sudden numbness or weakness, confusion, vision problems, or problems with...
Erectile Dysfunction (ED) Causes and Treatment
Having erection problems? What is erectile dysfunction (ED)? Learn about erectile dysfunction causes and treatments such as drugs...
Urinary Incontinence in Women: Types, Causes, and Treatments for Bladder Control
Urinary incontinence in women is a common problem. Overactive bladder (OAB), stress incontinence, and urge incontinence can be...
How to Lower Blood Pressure: Exercise Tips
Trying to lower high blood pressure (hypertension)? Discover exercises good for lowering blood pressure, along with other...
Heartburn: Foods to Eat, Foods to Avoid
Learn the symptoms of heartburn and which foods cause heartburn or GERD. Discover home remedies and which foods may provide...
Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension): Symptoms, Signs, Causes
What is low blood pressure (hypotension)? Explore low blood pressure causes, symptoms, and signs. Discover what is considered low...
Lower Your Cholesterol, Save Your Heart
Need to lower your cholesterol levels? Use these smart diet tips to quickly and easily lower your blood cholesterol levels....
Menopause & Perimenopause: Symptoms, Signs
What is menopause? What are the signs of menopause? What age does menopause start? Learn about menopause and perimenopause...
Diabetes Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Take the Diabetes Quiz and learn the causes, signs, symptoms, and types of this growing epidemic. What does diabetes have to do...
Rheumatoid Arthritis Quiz: What is Rheumatoid Arthritis?
How is rheumatoid arthritis different from other forms of arthritis, such as osteoarthritis and gout? Take the Rheumatoid...
Heart Disease Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Take our Heart Disease Quiz to get answers and facts about high cholesterol, atherosclerosis prevention, and the causes,...
Exercise Tips for Seniors
Exercise for seniors is important for healthy and successful aging. Learn what happens to our bodies as we age, how to start...
Picture of Cataracts
Cataract is a painless condition where the normally clear aspirin-sized lens of the eye starts to become cloudy. See a picture of...
Back Pain: Find Relief, Treat Your Back Pain
Back pain conditions are very common. Learn the truth and get the facts behind myths, remedies, causes and treatment for back...
Picture of Osteoarthritis
Osteoarthritis is a type of arthritis that is caused by the breakdown and eventual loss of the cartilage of one or more...
Picture of Wrinkles
Wrinkles are a by-product of the aging process. See a picture of Wrinkles and learn more about the health topic....
Better Sex After 50
It's never too late to improve your sex life. Learn how to overcome common health conditions affecting those over 50 such as...
Cholesterol Drugs: What to Expect With Heart Medication
When diet and exercise aren't enough, should you turn to drugs? Learn cholesterol basics, drug classes, and available drugs along...
Foods and Drinks That Trigger Leaky Bladder in Pictures
Certain foods and drinks may be triggers for people with an overactive bladder (also called urinary urge incontinence). Find what...
Caring for Someone With Alzheimer's Disease
Use this guide for advice on caring for someone with Alzheimer's. Learn to spot early signs and symptoms of Alzheimer's disease...
Gluten-Free Diet: Popular Gluten-Free Foods in Pictures
Starting a gluten free diet? Get the facts about gluten free foods -- with tips on what to avoid, what to enjoy, and delicious,...
How to Reduce Wrinkles With Lifestyle Changes
Learn how to protect your skin from wrinkles with these antiaging tricks such as sleep position, diet, and wrinkle treatments....
Aging: The Surprises of Getting Older
What surprising health changes happen as you grow older? Learn about the memory and brain changes in aging adults, increases in...
Long Life in Pictures: Tips on Sleep, Diet, and More
Did you know making friends can help you live longer? Our experts explore ways to increase your longevity such as making friends,...
Tips for Healthy Joints: Exercise, Nutrition, & More in Pictures
Dealing with joint pain and arthritis? Learn why weight matters--and why NOT to stretch before exercise. See these solutions for...
Healthy Aging: Sneaky Depression Triggers in Pictures
There are many causes and triggers of depression. From too little vitamin B12 to too much time alone, look at these surprising...
What Is Spinal Stenosis? Causes, Symptoms, Treatment
Spinal stenosis causes back pain, leg pain, difficulty walking and clumsiness. Learn the symptoms of lumbar spinal stenosis and...
High Protein Diets: Good or Bad?
Low-carb, high-protein diets are quite popular. High protein diets let you snack on protein-rich foods you love, but what are the...
The 30-Minute Fitness Routine in Pictures
This quick, high-intensity 30-minute workout routine can make you look better and feel better. Discover the right way to do...
Gastric (Stomach) Cancer: Types, Causes, Symptoms, Treatment
What are the common signs and symptoms of stomach cancer? Learn about gastric cancer diagnosis, treatment, and their risks, how...
Exercises for Osteoarthritis -- Yoga, Swimming, & More
Check out this slideshow on Active Living From Day to Night with Osteoarthritis. Even with arthritis you can keep your active...
Protect Your Health in a Rough Economy: Pictures
Worried about losing your health insurance? Laid off? Discover 10-plus ways to protect your health care and health in a rough...
14 Ways to Avoid Caregiver Burnout in Pictures: Finding Help
Learn 14 ways to avoid caregiver burnout. Pets, music, pill organizers, and webcams top this list to make caregiving a little...
Related Disease Conditions
Heat Rash (Symptoms, Pictures, Treatment, Remedies)
Heat rash is a skin irritation caused by excessive sweating. It can occur at any age and it appears as a rash that itches or...
Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) Symptoms, Stages, and Prognosis
Congestive heart failure (CHF) refers to a condition in which the heart loses the ability to function properly. Heart disease,...
Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension) Symptoms and Treatments
Low blood pressure, also referred to as hypotension, is blood pressure that is so low that it causes symptoms or signs due to the...
Cirrhosis of the liver refers to a disease in which normal liver cells are replaced by scar tissue caused by alcohol and viral...
Parkinson's Disease (Symptoms, Signs, Causes, Stages, Treatment)
Parkinson's disease is a slowly progressive neurological disease characterized by a fixed inexpressive face, a tremor at rest,...
Lower Back Pain
There are many causes of back pain. Pain in the low back can relate to the bony lumbar spine, discs between the vertebrae,...
Anemia is the condition of having less than the normal number of red blood cells or less than the normal quantity of hemoglobin...
Vitiligo is a condition in which the skin turns white due to the loss of pigment from the melanocytes, cells that produce the...
Diabetes (Type 1 and Type 2)
Diabetes is a chronic condition characterized by high levels of sugar (glucose) in the blood. The two types of diabetes are...
Edema is the swelling of tissues as a result of excess water accumulation. Peripheral edema occurs in the feet and legs. There...
Dehydration is the excessive loss of body water. There are a number of causes of dehydration including heat exposure, prolonged...
Bladder Infection (Cystitis)
Bladder infection is an infection of the bladder, usually caused by bacteria or, rarely, by Candida. Certain people, including...
Diverticulitis (Diverticulosis, Diverticular Disease)
Most people with diverticulosis have few if any symptoms at all. When people do experience signs and symptoms of diverticulosis...
Acute injuries, medical conditions, and chronic use conditions are causes of knee pain. Symptoms and signs that accompany knee...
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) Signs, Causes, Diet, and Treatment
High blood pressure (hypertension) is a disease in which pressure within the arteries of the body is elevated. About 75 million...
A broken foot is a common injury. There are 26 bones in the foot, and these bones can be broken (fractured) in a variety of...
Heartburn (Acid Reflux) Symptoms, Relief Medicine, Cures
Heartburn is a burning sensation experienced from acid reflux (GERD). Symptoms of heartburn include chest pain, burning in the...
Peripheral Vascular Disease (PVD Symptoms, Signs, Causes, Treatments)
Peripheral vascular disease (PVD) refers to diseases of the blood vessels (arteries and veins) located outside the heart and...
Colon cancer is a malignancy that arises from the inner lining of the colon. Most, if not all, of these cancers develop from...
Hiatal Hernia (Symptoms, Diet, Surgery, Treatment)
Hiatal hernia is a condition in which a thin membrane of tissue connects the esophagus with the diaphragm becomes week, and a...
Menopause is the time in a woman's life when menstrual periods permanently stop, also called the "change of life." Menopause...
Cervical cancer is cancer of the entrance to the womb (uterus). Regular pelvic exams and Pap testing can detect precancerous...
Arthritis is inflammation of one or more joints. When joints are inflamed they can develop stiffness, warmth, swelling, redness...
Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT, Blood Clot in the Legs)
Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) is a blood clot in the deep veins, and can be caused by broken bones, trauma to a limb, immobility,...
Colon Polyps (Symptoms, Causes, Types, Treatment, Prevention)
Colon polyps are common growths on the inner lining of the colon. Colon polyps may become cancerous. There are several different...
Stroke (Signs, Symptoms, Warning Signs)
A stroke is an interruption of the blood supply to part of the brain caused by either a blood clot (ischemic) or bleeding...
Pneumonia is inflammation of the lungs caused by fungi, bacteria, or viruses. Symptoms and signs include cough, fever, shortness...
Breast Lumps (In Women)
Breast lumps in women can have a variety of causes such as breast inflammation, infection, injuries, cancer, and non-cancerous...
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Symptoms, Diet, Treatment, and Test
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a GI (gastrointestinal) disorder with signs and symptoms of: Abdominal...
Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome (TMJ)
Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) syndrome is a disorder that causes symptoms like pain, clicking, and popping of the jaw. TMJ is...
Osteopenia is a bone condition characterized by bone loss that is not as severe as in osteoporosis. Bone fracture is the typical...
Glaucoma is a common eye condition in which the fluid pressure inside the eye rises because of slowed fluid drainage from the...
GERD (Acid Reflux, Heartburn)
GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) is a condition in which the acidified liquid contents of the stomach backs up into the...
The common bunion, an enlargement of the inner portion of the joint at the base of the big toe, primarily affects women. The...
Breast cancer is an invasive tumor that develops in the mammary gland. Breast cancer is detected via mammograms, breast...
COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) Symptoms, Causes, Stages, Life Expectancy
COPD or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is a lung condition caused by smoking tobacco, exposure to secondhand smoke, and/or...
Insulin resistance is the diminished ability of cells to respond to the action of insulin in transporting glucose (sugar) from...
Indigestion (Dyspepsia, Upset Stomach Pain) Symptoms, Relief Remedies, Medicine
Indigestion (dyspepsia) can be caused by diseases or conditions that involve the gastrointestinal (GI) tract, and also by some...
Hyponatremia (Low Blood Sodium) Symptoms, Signs, Causes, Diet, Treatment
Hyponatremia is a condition in which the levels of sodium in the blood is too low. Some of the symptoms of hyponatremia include...
Dry skin (xeroderma) may be caused by external factors, like cold temperatures, low humidity, harsh soaps, and certain...
Orthostatic hypotension symptoms include: LightheadednessWeaknessBlurred vision Syncope or passing out Causes of...
Gallstones (Pain, Symptoms, Causes, Diet, and Treatment)
Gallstones are stones that form when substances in the bile harden. Gallstones (formed in the gallbladder) can be as small as...
Healthy Living and Disease Prevention
The importance of a healthy lifestyle in disease prevention is widely understood and most people know that lifestyle changes and...
Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men after skin cancer. Risk factors include age, family history, ethnicity, and...
Esophageal cancer is a disease in which malignant cells form in the esophagus. Risk factors of cancer of the esophagus include...
Fibromyalgia is a chronic pain condition characterized by symptoms such as fatigue, sleep disturbances, and tender points. Stress...
There are many types of ovarian cancer, epithelial carcinoma is the most common. Women with a family history of ovarian cancer...
Cholesterol (Lowering Your Cholesterol)
High cholesterol and triglyceride levels increase the risk of cardiovascular disease. Getting your cholesterol and triglyceride...
Head Injury (Brain Injury)
In the United States, head injuries are one of the most common causes of death and disability. Head injuries due to bleeding are...
Enlarged Prostate (BPH, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia)
Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH or enlarged prostate) is very common in men over 50 years of age. Half of all men over the...
A toothache is a pain on or around a tooth. It may be caused by a variety of things from a cavity, abscess, or even sinusitis....
Intermittent claudication, or pain and cramping in the lower leg is caused by inadequate blood flow to the leg muscles. This lack...
Sun-Sensitive Drugs (Photosensitivity to Drugs)
Sun sensitivity (photosensitivity) is an inflammation of the skin induced by the combination of medications or substances and...
Anxiety is a feeling of apprehension and fear characterized by symptoms such as trouble concentrating, headaches, sleep problems,...
Dementia is defined as a significant loss of intellectual abilities such as memory capacity, severe enough to interfere with...
7 Reasons You Are Tired After Surgery
Postsurgical fatigue is normal and is due to a variety of factors. Depression, stress, and anxiety may produce fatigue. Sleep...
Tension Headache (Symptoms, Relief, Causes, Treatment)
A tension headache s one of the most common types of headaches, and the exact cause is not known. Factors that may contribute to...
Head and Neck Cancer
Head and neck cancer is cancer of the oral cavity, salivary glands, paranasal sinuses and nasal cavity, pharynx, larynx, or lymph...
Stress occurs when forces from the outside world impinge on the individual. Stress is a normal part of life. However,...
Cough (Chronic, Persistent Cough in Adults and Children)
Chronic cough is a cough that does not go away and is generally a symptom of another disorder such as asthma, allergic...
Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is a disease that gradually destroys the central vision. In people over 60, AMD is a...
A Dupuytren's contracture is a localized formation of scar tissue beneath the skin of the palm of the hand. The scarring...
Barrett's esophagus occurs as a complication of chronic gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), primarily in white males. GERD...
Heart attack happens when a blood clot completely obstructs a coronary artery supplying blood to the heart muscle. A heart attack...
Depression is an illness that involves the body, mood, and thoughts and affects the way a person eats and sleeps, the way one...
Symptoms of 12 Serious Diseases and Health Problems
Learn how to recognize early warning signs and symptoms of serious diseases and health problems, for example, chronic cough,...
Listeria is a type of bacteria that can cause food poisoning. Listeriosis symptoms include diarrhea, nausea, and...
Degenerative Disc Disease & Sciatica
Degenerative disc disease makes the disc more susceptible to herniation (rupture) which can lead to localized or radiating pain....
Sleep Disorders (How to Get a Good Night's Sleep)
A number of vital tasks carried out during sleep help maintain good health and enable people to function at their best. Sleep...
IBS Triggers (Prevention)
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a functional disease that can affect the quality of those who suffer from this condition....
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (Symptoms, Repair, Surgery, Survival Rate)
Abdominal aortic aneurysm is a ballooning or widening of the main artery (the aorta) as it courses down through the abdomen. Most...
Larynx Cancer (Throat Cancer)
Symptoms of cancer of the larynx, the organ at the front of the neck, include hoarseness, a lump in the neck, sore throat, cough,...
Erectile Dysfunction (ED, Impotence)
Erectile dysfunction (ED, impotence) is the failure to achieve or maintain an erection. There are many potential underlying...
Abdominal Migraines in Children and Adults
Abdominal migraine in adults and children is a variant of migraine headaches. Abdominal migraine in children generally occurs in...
Hot Flashes (Causes, Symptoms & Medication Treatment in Men and Women)
Hot flashes (or flushing) is the most common symptom experienced by a woman prior to and during the early stages of menopause,...
Vancomycin-Resistant Enterococci (VRE)
Vancomycin-resistant enterococci (VRE) infection is the most common type of infection acquired by patients while hospitalized....
Actinic keratoses are rough, scaly patches of skin that are considered precancerous and are due to sun exposure. Prevention is to...
Though the cause of stomach cancer is unknown, risk factors for stomach cancer include diet, H. pylori infection, smoking age,...
There are many types of urinary incontinence (UI), which is the accidental leakage of urine. These types include stress...
Alzheimer's disease is a common cause of dementia. Symptoms and warning signs of Alzheimer's disease include memory loss,...
CRE Infection (Carbapenem-Resistant Enterobacteriaceae)
Carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae (CRE) is a type of bacteria that is highly resistant to antibiotics. Escherichia coli (E....
The term oral cancer includes cancer of the mouth (oral cavity) and the back of the mouth (oropharynx). Red and white patches...
Atrial Fibrillation (AFib) Symptoms, ECG, and Treatment Medications
Atrial fibrillation (AF or AFib) is an abnormality in the heart rhythm which involves irregular and often rapid beating of the...
Hyothermia or extreme exposure to cold can be classified as either accidental hypothermia (unintentional cold exposure) and...
Bullous pemphigoid is a skin disease that causes blistering eruptions on the skin's surface and sometimes affects the inner...
Panic attacks are sudden feelings of terror that strike without warning. These episodes can occur at any time, even during sleep....
A cataract is an eye disease that causes the eye's lens to become cloudy and opaque with decreased vision. Causes of cataracts...
Adult ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
About 2%-6% of adults have ADHD, a common behavioral problem. Symptoms include impulsivity, hyperactivity, and inattention....
Vaginal cancer is fairly uncommon. There are two types of vaginal cancer: squamous cell carcinoma and adenocarcinoma. Risk...
Irritable Bowel Syndrome in Children (IBS)
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) in children is a functional gastrointestinal disorder with signs and symptoms of: Abdominal...
Smoking (How to Quit Smoking)
Smoking is an addiction. More than 430,000 deaths occur each year in the U.S. from smoking related illnesses. Secondhand smoke or...
Smoker's Lung: Pathology Photo Essay
Smoker's lung photo essay is a collection of pictures and microscopic slides of lung disease caused by cigarette smoking....
Frostbite (Frostnip and Other Cold Weather-Related Injuries)
There are two categories to cold weather-related injuries. 1) no freezing of body tissue (trench foot and chilblains), and 2)...
MELAS syndrome, a rare form of dementia, stands for Mitochondrial Encephalopathy, Lactic Acidosis, and Stroke-like episodes....
Insomnia (Symptoms, Causes, Remedies, and Cures)
Insomnia is the perception or complaint of inadequate or poor-quality sleep because of difficulty falling asleep; waking up...
Menstrual Cramps and Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) Medication Guide
Menstrual cramps and premenstrual syndrome (PMS) symptoms include abdominal cramping, bloating, a feeling of fullness, abdominal...
Eye Care and Eye Disorder
Many common eye disorders resolve without treatment and some may be managed with over-the-counter (OTC) products. It's important...
Enjoying a satisfying sex life as we age is important to both physical and mental health. As we age, diseases and conditions may...
Binswanger's disease is a type of vascular dementia that is caused by damage to the blood vessels that feed deep areas of the...
Advance Medical Directives (Living Will, Power of Attorney, and Health Care Proxy)
Advance directives are designed to outline a person's wishes and preferences in regard to medical treatments and interventions....
Heart Attack Pathology: Photo Essay
A heart attack is a layperson's term for a sudden blockage of a coronary artery. This photo essay includes graphics, pictures,...
With osteochondritis dissecans, bone and its adjacent cartilage loses its blood supply. Though osteochondritis dissecans can...
Wrinkles, whether they be fine line or deep furrows, typically appear on areas of the body that receive a high amount of exposure...
How to Lower Your Cholesterol
Cholesterol is naturally produced by the body, and is a building block for cell membranes and hormones. Low-density lipoprotein...
Sunscreens are crucial for sun protection. Sun damage to the skin from exposure to ultraviolet rays is a risk factor for skin...
Hearing loss (deafness) may be present at birth or it may manifest later in life. Deafness may be genetic or due to damage from...
Alzheimer's Disease Patient Caregiver Guide
Caring for a loved one or patient with Alzheimer's can become a difficult and overwhelming task at times. This guide helps...
How to Stop Snoring
Snoring is caused by the vibrations of the soft tissues at the back of the nose and throat while a person sleeps. There are many...
Heart Attack Prevention
Heart disease and heart attacks can be prevented by leading a healthy lifestyle with diet, exercise, and stress management....
Tips for Managing Type 1 and 2 Diabetes at Home
Managing your diabetes is a full time commitment. The goal of diabetic therapy is to control blood glucose levels and prevent the...
Most often, caregivers take care of other adults who are ill or disabled. Less often, caregivers are grandparents raising their...
Parenting a Child With ADHD
ADHD is a behavioral condition with characteristics that include hyperactivity, inattention, and impulsivity. Parenting a child...
Eyeglasses, Sunglasses, and Magnifying Glasses
Nonprescription eyeglasses are available over the counter (OTC) and are typically used by people who can no longer read fine...
Disease Prevention in Women
Disease prevention in women includes screening tests that are a basic part of prevention medicine. All screening tests are...
Alzheimer's Disease: Financial Planning
Alzheimer's disease can be not only mentally devastating to an indivdiual and family, it can also be emotionally devastating....
Local ResourcesFind a local Geriatrician in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Liver Blood Tests (Normal, Low, and High Ranges & Results)
- Hemoglobin (Low and High Range Causes)
- Complete Blood Count (CBC)
- Colonoscopy (Test, Side Effects, Preparation, Recovery)
- Triglycerides (Tests and Lowering Your Triglyceride Levels)
- Total Knee Replacement
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging Scan)
- Angioplasty and Stents
- Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG)
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Total Hip Replacement
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft
- Coronary Angiogram
- Fecal Occult Blood Test
- Hormone Therapy
- Pneumococcal Vaccination (Pneumonia Vaccine)
- Bone Density Scan
- Breast Biopsy
- CT Scan (Computerized Tomography)
- Chest X-Ray
- Colon and Colorectal Cancer Screening
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Tilt -Table Test
- Flu Vaccine (Flu Shot)
- Cholescintigraphy, HIDA Scan
- Barium Enema
- Coronary Heart Disease Screening Tests (CAD)
- Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA) of the Liver
- Urinary Incontinence Products for Men
- Rheumatoid Arthritis FAQs
- Heart Disease FAQs
- Diabetes FAQs
- Cholesterol: Questions To Ask Your Doctor
- Hip Fracture Prevention - Hip Protectors
- Dementia Prevention: Brain Exercise
- Thousands Die of Heat in France
- Caring for Someone with Alzheimer's
- Fix Medicare by Cutting Drug Prices
- Vaccine Mess Alert
- Flu Shot Fiasco, Critical Incident Report
- The Cox-2 Inhibitors Controversy: Q&A with Dr. Shiel
- Advance Medical Directive: Sample Form
- Athlete's Foot: How to Prevent Athlete's Foot
- Nursing Home: How to Evaluate a Nursing Home
- Ten Health Benefits of a Healthy Sex Life
- Emphysema Causes and Risk Factors
- Top 10 Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Diabetes
- Lewy Body Dementia (LBD) Symptoms and Prognosis
- Head Injury Symptoms, Types, and Severity
- Exercises for Graceful Aging (Audio Podcast)
Medications & Supplements
- ACE Inhibitors (Side Effects, List of Names, Uses, and Dosage)
- Beta Blockers (Drug Class, List of Brand and Generic Names)
- lisinopril (Zestril, Prinivil, Qbrelis) ACE Inhibitor
- Lipitor (atorvastatin)
- celecoxib (Celebrex)
- aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid, Bayer, Ecotrin, and others)
- metoprolol (Lopressor, Toprol XL)
- digoxin (Lanoxin, Lanoxin Pediatric)
- metformin (Glucophage, Glucophage XR, Glumetza, Fortamet, Riomet)
- hydrochlorothiazide (Microzide, Hydrodiuril, Ezide, and Hydro-Par have been discontinued)
- amitriptyline (Elavil, Endep)
- ramipril, Altace
- sunscreens - topical
- sildenafil, Viagra
- Drug Interactions
- atenolol, Tenormin
- amlodipine, Norvasc
- fluoxetine, Prozac, Sarafem, Prozac Weekly
- diltiazem (Cardizem, Cardizem CD, Cardizem LA, Tiazac, Cartia XT, Diltzac, Dilt-CD, and several oth)
- captopril, Capoten
- Zocor (simvastatin)
- nifedipine, Adalat (discontinued brand), Procardia, Afeditab, Nifediac
- clopidogrel (Plavix)
- warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven)
- alendronate, Fosamax, Binosto
- nitroglycerin, Nitro-Bid, Nitro-Dur, Nitrostat, Transderm-Nitro, Minitran, Deponit, Nitrol
- Forteo (teriparatide)
- benazepril (Lotensin HTC)
- cimetidine, Tagamet HB
- paroxetine, Paxil, Paxil CR, Pexeva
- felodipine (Plendil)
- bisoprolol, Zebeta
- enalapril, Vasotec, Epaned
- glipizide, Glipizide XL, Glucotrol, Glucotrol XL
- lovastatin, Mevacor, Altoprev
- quinapril, Accupril
- verapamil (Calan, Verelan, Verelan PM [Discontinued: Isoptin, Isoptin SR, Covera-HS])
- trandolapril, Mavik
- pravastatin, Pravigard PAC (discontinued)
- estrogens conjugated, Premarin
- lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide, Zestoretic, Prinzide
- Shingles Vaccine (Zoster Shingles Vaccine Live, Zostavax)
- timolol ophthalmic solution (Timoptic, Timoptic-XE, Timoptic in Ocudose)
- nadolol (Corgard)
- fluvastatin, Lescol, Lescol XL
- Sectral (acebutolol)
- rosiglitazone, Avandia
- bisoprolol and hydrochlorothiazide, Ziac
- betaxolol ophthalmic, Betoptic S, Betoptic
- nisoldipine, Sular
- nicardipine, Cardene, Cardene SR
- atenolol and chlorthalidone, Tenoretic
- benazepril and hydrochlorothiazide, Lotensin HCT
- timolol (Blocadren and Timolide 10-25 have been discontinued)
- enalapril and hydrochlorothiazide, Vaseretic
- cerivastatin, Baycol
- captopril and hydrochlorothiazide, Capozide
- bepridil (Vascor, Bepadin - Discontinued)
Prevention & Wellness
- 1 in 9 U.S. Adults Over 45 Reports Memory Problems
- Seniors, Feeling Young Is a State of Mind
- High Blood Pressure Threatens Aging Brain, Study Says
- Scientists Target Cellular 'Fountain of Youth' to Extend Mouse Life Span
- Medical Marijuana a Hit With Seniors
- Can Coffee Extend Your Life?
- Does Human Life Span Really Have a Limit?
- As the Eyes Go, So May the Mind
- Staying With 1 Doctor May Prolong Your Life: Study
- Could Herpes Virus Play a Role in Alzheimer's?
- Mammograms Might Encourage Other Screenings
- American Seniors Facing Higher Out-of-Pocket Costs for Brand-Name Drugs
- Seniors Slow to Embrace Online Access to Doctors
- Health Tip: Safe Driving Tips for Older Adults
- Health Tip: 5 Habits That Could Help You Live Longer
- Even at 'Safe' Levels, Air Pollution Puts Seniors at Risk
- Poor Seniors May Be More Vulnerable to Dementia
- Deadly Falls On the Rise Among U.S. Seniors
- Bone Drug 'Holiday' May Raise Fracture Risk
- Health Tip: Providing End of Life Care
- Making Life With Dementia More Bearable
- Ditch the Golf Cart. Your Aging Knees Won't Mind
- Could Time in a Sauna Lower Your Stroke Risk?
- 'What's That Word?' Fitness Helps Seniors Find It
- Music May Calm the Agitation of Alzheimer's
- After Age 50, Yearly Eye Checks May Catch Common Cause of Vision Loss
- Take These 5 Steps to Live 10 Extra Years
- Hearing Aids May Help Keep Seniors Out of the Hospital
- Hospitals Will Have to Post Prices Online: Medicare
- Aging Brains Gain More From Exercise With Good Hydration
- Healthy Diet, Healthy Eyes
- Health Tip: Screening for Cancer in Older Adults
- Exercise In, Vitamin D Out for Preventing Falls: U.S. Panel
- Tough Times Can Leave Their Mark on the Older Brain
- Could Earlier Menopause Mean Poorer Memory in Senior Years?
- Health Tip: Improve Aging Skin
- Stretching Can Help Get Seniors Moving
- Older Brains Replenish Cells Just Like Young Brains: Study
- When 'Nest Egg' Vanishes, Death Risk Rises
- Sorry Older Guys: Protein Binges Won't Boost Your Health
- Veggies a Healthy Recipe for Older Women's Hearts
- After Cancer, Accelerated Aging?
- Key Heart Risks Decline for Older Americans
- Older Americans Support Medical Marijuana: Poll
- Alzheimer's Stigma a Barrier to Prevention, Care: Survey
- Scientists Remove Alzheimer's Brain Plaques in Mice
- Aging Can Be Tough to Swallow
- A Surgery-Free Fix for Bad Knees?
- The High Costs of Alzheimer's
- Heartburn Meds Not Tied to Hip Fractures in Alzheimer's Patients
- Managing Pain With Fewer Opioids After Joint Replacement
- Jobs That Keep the Mind Sharp … Even Into Retirement
- Poor Sleep May Heighten Alzheimer's Risk
- A New Hip May Mean a Longer, Better Life
- Health Tip: Risk Factors For Insomnia
- Exercise an Antidote for Aging
- Falls Among Elderly Cost $50 Billion Annually
- Health Tip: Using a Geriatric Care Manager
- Health Tip: Next Steps After Being Diagnosed With Alzheimer's
- High Cholesterol Tied to Better Brain Health in Those Over 85
- Many Americans Think Docs Order Too Many Tests, Meds
- Global Gains in Life Expectancy Slow to a Creep
- Health Tip: Friendships May Stem Cognitive Decline in Seniors
- Two Healthy Diets Equally Good for Your Heart
- Clues to Parkinson's May Be Shed in Tears
- For Older Men, Even Light Exercise Helps
- Low Blood Sodium Tied to Impaired Thinking in Older Men
- Looking to Bats for Clues to Longevity
- Melanoma Rates Rising for Boomers, Falling Among Young
- Health Tip: Prevent Hypothermia Among Seniors
- Winter Temps Raise Health Risks for Seniors
- Old Age Alone Not to Blame for Surgical Complications
- Mediterranean Diet a Recipe for Strength in Old Age
- Middle-Aged and Out of Shape? It's Not Too Late to Save Your Heart
- Annual Flu Shots Help Keep Seniors Out of the Hospital
- Most Seniors Think Flu Shot a Must for Nursing Home Staff
- Air Pollution Can Be Deadly for Seniors
- Tips for Holiday Trips With Seniors
- Holidays Can Be Hard on Lonely Seniors
- Your Pets Can't Put Your Aging on 'Paws'
- These Personality Traits May Help You Live Longer
- Flu Can Have Dangerous Domino Effect on Older Adults
- Small Changes Could Keep Seniors Driving Longer
- Computer-Challenged Doc, 84, Seeks Return of Medical License
- More Docs Specializing in Nursing Home Care
- The Silver Lining Behind Household Chores
- Health Tip: Seniors at Heightened Risk of Foodborne Illness
- U.S. Seniors Struggle More to Pay for Health Care Compared to Other Countries
- 'Fountain of Youth' Gene Discovered in Secluded Amish Community
- One Type of Diet Can Add Years to Your Life
- Your Friends May Be Key to a Healthy Aging Brain
- Eat Well, Age Well
- Ditch the Throw Rugs, Seniors!
- Health Tip: Finding Safe Shoes for the Elderly
- Health Tip: 5 Suggestions to Promote Healthy Aging
- Dance Your Way to a Healthier Aging Brain
- Hearing Loss Can Challenge Relationships
- Today's Middle-Age Americans in Worse Health Than Prior Generations
- Older People May Be More Prone to Reveal Suicidal Thoughts
- Risk Assessments Can Help Prevent Falls
- Sharp Rises Seen in Long-Term Care Costs
- Exercise, Not Vitamin D, Recommended to Prevent Falls
- 1 in 3 Seniors Take Sleep Aids
- Health Tip: Stair Safety For Older People
- Fracture Risk Higher for Seniors With Diabetes
- U.S. Seniors Getting Healthier, Especially When Wealthy and White
- Do Nursing Home Workers Change Gloves Often Enough?
- Health Tip: Medication Suggestions for Older Adults
- Many May Get Hospice Care Too Late
- Is Dementia Declining Among Older Americans?
- Smoking Linked to Frailty in Seniors
- Too Much TV May Cost You Your Mobility
- More Than Half of Americans Will Need Nursing Home Care: Study
- Patients' Hearing Loss May Mean Poorer Medical Care
- Do Fewer Nightly Dreams Mean Higher Dementia Risk in Seniors?
- Health Tip: Heat and the Elderly
- 'Confusion' Complicates Hospitalization of Elderly
- Taking a Stand on Staying Mobile After 80
- Yoga May Boost Aging Brains
- Protein at All 3 Meals May Help Preserve Seniors' Strength
- Exercise Not Making Dent in Most Seniors' Down Time
- High-Dose Flu Shot May Help Nursing Home Residents Avoid Hospital
- Taking the Stairs May Soon Get Easier
- Did Grandpa's Insomnia Serve an Evolutionary Purpose?
- Living With Purpose May Help Seniors Sleep Soundly
- Opioids a Threat to Seniors With COPD
- Exercise Can Keep Obese Seniors on the Go
- For Many, Friends Are Key to Happiness in Old Age
- Older Americans Struggling With Drug Costs Don't Ask for Help
- Even at Low Levels, Dirty Air Raises Death Risk for U.S. Seniors
- Is Potential Human Life Span Unlimited?
- Centenarians Often Healthier Than Younger Seniors: Study
- Fido May Be a Fit Senior's Best Friend
- Can a 70-Year-Old Have the Arteries of a 20-Year-Old?
- Hospitals Vary in Moving Stroke Patients to Comfort or Hospice Care
- Longevity in the U.S.: Location, Location, Location
- Loving, Supportive Kids May Help Lower Seniors' Dementia Risk
- Sleeping Pills Boost Danger of Falls, Fractures in Older Users
- Seniors Often Have Trouble Managing Money, Medicines
- Most Seniors Use Cellphones While Behind the Wheel
- Docs May Miss Major Cause of Vision Loss in Seniors
- Exercise Benefits Aging Hearts, Even Those of the Obese
- Nursing Home Program Offers Alternatives to Antipsychotic Drugs
- Strength Training Might Help Prevent Seniors' Falls
- Seniors' Well-Being May Get a Boost From Green Spaces
- Seniors' Brain Changes Could Make Them Vulnerable to Scams
- Droughts Tied to Climate Change Could Bring Health Risks for Seniors
- What's the 'SuperAgers' Mental Secret?
- Turning Back the Aging Clock -- in Mice
- For Seniors, Treatment for One Eye Disease May Cause Another
- Exercise Beats Weight Loss at Helping Seniors' Hearts
- U.S. Life Expectancy May Rise to Over 80 by 2030
- Many Seniors Take Multiple Meds That Can Affect the Brain
- For Elderly Needing Home Medical Care, Are Nurse Practitioners the Answer?
- U.S. Doctors Trained Overseas Have Slightly Better Patient Outcomes
- 10,000 U.S. Seniors Die Within Week of ER Discharge Every Year: Study
- Sticking With One Doctor May Help Keep Seniors Out of the Hospital
- Good News for Older Women With Early Form of Breast Cancer
- Fitter Seniors May Have Healthier Brains
- Could Obesity Undermine Memory Training in Older Adults?
- Implanted Defibrillators Benefit Seniors: Study
- High Blood Pressure May Not Be All Bad in the Elderly: Study
- Hour-Long Nap May Boost Brain Function in Older Adults
- Seniors' Health Can Tumble After ER Visit
- Don't Rule Out Kidneys From Elderly Donors
- Anti-Aging Process Rejuvenates Lab Mice: Study
- Prices Skyrocket on Drugs Widely Used by Seniors: Report
- The Happy Get Lucky in Their Older Years
- Brain Scan Test Predicts Fall Risk in Elderly
- Baby Boomers Going to Pot
- Electronic In-Hospital Prescribing: Trouble for Older Adults?
- Elder Abuse Often Missed In ER
- Palliative Care Raises Quality of Life, But Doesn't Extend It
- Some Elderly With Alzheimer's Brain Plaques Stay Sharp
- Most Elderly Smokers Don't Use Anti-Smoking Meds After Heart Attack
- 1 in 4 Seniors Doesn't Discuss End-of-Life Care
- Stronger Muscles May Pump Up Your Memory
- Better Way to Treat Seniors' Ankle Fractures?
- Seniors With Hip Fractures Fare Better in Large Teaching Hospitals: Study
- Which Generation Has Better Work Ethic?
- Healthy Living May Mean More Healthy Years for Seniors
- Older Surgery Patients Should Be Screened for Frailty: Study
- Have Humans Hit Their Longevity Limit?
- Your Biological Clock: Why Some Age Faster Than Others
- How Older People Can Head Off Dangerous Drug Interactions
- Falls a Growing and Deadly Threat for Older Americans
- Hearing Loss Widespread, 'Progressive' in Older Americans
- Brains of 'Super-Agers' Look Decades Younger
- Seniors Not Scared of Social Media After All
- Health Tip: Choosing a Senior Home
- 1 in 6 Younger Americans Wants to Die Before 80
- Senior Years May Truly Be Golden for Happiness
- Genes Might Explain Hispanics' Added Longevity
- Family Trumps Friends in Extending Seniors' Lives
- Too Few Female Urologists to Meet Aging Patients' Demand
- Most Sick, Aging Americans Live Far From In-Home Care
- For Aging Blacks, 'Golden Years' Often Marred by Disability
- Underweight Seniors May Have Added Alzheimer's Risk
- Lack of Pharmacy Access May Send Some Seniors Back to Hospital
- Nearly 1 in 4 U.S. Seniors Has Some Form of Disability
- Few Seniors Go Online for Health-Care Needs
- Rx for Seniors' Health: Upbeat View, Less Stress
- Age-Related Declines Evident Before 60
- Study: VA Hospitals Compare Favorably to Non-VA Centers
- Living Past 90 Doesn't Doom You to Disease, Disability
- Health Tip: Help Prevent Falls
- Midlife Memory Lapses May Be Normal Part of Aging
- Why Some Seniors Don't Take Their Meds
- FDA Approves Eye Implant for Aging Boomers
- Type of Disease May Dictate End-of-Life Care
- Elderly Patients Get Unnecessary End-of-Life Treatments
- Want to Stay Mobile as You Age? A Healthy Diet May Do the Trick
- Many Seniors Saying No to Retirement
- Health Tip: Exercising for Seniors
- Clashes at Nursing Homes Not Uncommon
- Got a Spare 15 Minutes? A Little Exercise May Boost Life Span
- Diabetes Doesn't Doom Seniors to Disability
- Your Ability to 'Smell' the Taste of Foods Can Lessen With Age
- More Support for Aggressive Blood Pressure Treatment for Elderly
- Disabling Falls Don't Have to Happen
- Poor Vision and Dangerous Falls Plague Many U.S. Seniors
- Seniors: Pump Iron, Live Longer
- Hearing Aids May Help Keep Seniors' Minds Sharp
- Retirement Can Be Golden for Your Health
- Americans' Longer Life = Poorer Health
- Many of Oldest Old Say They're at Peace With Dying
- Common Irregular Heartbeat May Hamper Seniors' Walking Ability
- Intensive Exercise a Fountain of Youth for Aging Muscles
- Study Asks, What Is a 'Good Death'?
- World's Senior Population Forecast to Boom by 2050
- 1 in 6 Seniors Takes Dangerous Combos of Meds, Supplements: Study
- Kidney Dialysis Might Not Extend Survival of Elderly
- Elderly With Advanced Colon Cancer Often Get Costly, Dubious Treatments: Study
- Candidates With More 'Mature' Faces May Get Older People's Votes
- Scientists Report Finding 'Gray Hair' Gene
- Experts Undecided on Whether Seniors Should Get Routine Vision Checks
- Health Problems Can Plague Seniors After Cancer Surgery
- Decline in Senses Affects Nearly All Seniors, Study Finds
- Why Americans Have Shorter Lifespans Than People in Similar Nations
- When Seniors Stop Driving, Poorer Health May Be a Passenger
- Too Few Older Adults Tell Doctors About Memory Loss: Study
- Seniors Need to Take Extra Care in the Cold
- Americans 100 and Older Are Living Even Longer Now
- Frail Seniors Face Increased Death Risk After Surgery, Study Suggests
- Many Older Americans May Get Unneeded Breast, Prostate Cancer Screenings
- Anesthesia After 40 Not Linked to Mental Decline Later, Study Finds
- For Seniors, Poor Sleep May Mean Higher Stroke Risk, Study Suggests
- Low Bicarbonate Levels May Be a Danger for Seniors
- Regular Mammograms Worthwhile for Elderly Women
- Feds Crack Down on False Brain-Training Claims
- Could Higher Vitamin D Doses Harm Seniors Prone to Falls?
- Shingles Linked to Raised Heart Risks for Seniors, Study Finds
- High School Seniors Now More Likely to Smoke Pot Than Cigarettes: Survey
- Standing on World Stage Has Its Perils
- Seniors Who Head Back to School May Reduce Dementia Risk
- Slowed Walking in Seniors May Signal Alzheimer's Danger
- Seniors: The New Face of Addiction
- Smog Linked to Heart Disease in Seniors
- Genes May Help Shield Seniors From Mental Decline: Study
- Strong Legs Linked to Strong Mind
- Too Many Seniors With Diabetes Are Overtreated, Study Suggests
- Many Seniors Given Antipsychotic Meds, Despite Potential Problems
- Retirement Might Not Agree With Your Health
- Other People's Flu Vaccines Help Shield Seniors, Too: Study
- Cutting Calories May Help You Fend Off Age-Linked Disease: Study
- Two Measures of Heart Health May Hint at Seniors' Independence
- Seniors Often Underestimate Their Frailty, Study Finds
- Many Seniors With Cancer Use Alternative Medicines: Study
- Gains in Life Spans Seen Around the Globe
- Seniors More Likely to Wind Up in Hospital After Outpatient Surgery: Study
- No Mental Benefits Seen for Elderly Who Stop Blood Pressure Meds
- Sharp Spike Seen in Statin Use in Elderly Without Heart Disease
- Fewer Seniors Fall While Taking Vitamin D: Study
- Poor Thinking Skills in Seniors Linked to Heart Attack, Stroke Risks
- Regular, Moderate Coffee Drinking Tied to Better Brain Health in Seniors
- Many Older Americans Feel Prepared for Aging
- Just 1 in 3 Seniors With Diabetes Has Disease Under Control
- Deaths, Hospital Stays and Costs All Down Among U.S. Seniors
- Health Tip: Offer Support to Seniors
- Certain Generic Meds May Help Older Patients With Early Breast Cancer
- Pain Often Hinders Seniors With Dementia
- As Baby Boomers Age, Alzheimer's Rates Will Soar
- Loneliness May Fuel Mental Decline in Old Age
- Cancer Trials Need to Include More Seniors: Experts
- Many Older Women Have Active Sex Lives, Study Finds
- Vitamin B12 Supplements May Not Help Some Seniors
- Nursing Home Care Improving for U.S. Minorities, Study Finds
- Hot Weather Safety Essential for Elderly
- Muscle Strength Fades After Just Two Weeks of Inactivity
- Keeping Fit May Halve Seniors' Heart Failure Risk
- Many More Women Than Men Living to 100
- Bad Neighborhoods May Make You Age Faster
- Even Light Activity Can Boost Seniors' Health
- More Research Hints at Chocolate's Heart Benefits
- Older Americans Need Protein to Keep Muscles Strong, Study Says
- 'Moderate' Drinking Might Harm Older People's Hearts: Study
- The Plight of America's 'Elder Orphans'
- Even in Later Life, Exercise Seems to Pay Dividends
- More Aging Americans Using Canes, Walkers
- Fall-Related Deaths Nearly Doubled for U.S. Seniors Since 2000
- Health Tip: Preventing Health Problems in Seniors
- Wider Use of Naloxone Could Cut Deaths From Drug Overdoses: CDC
- Foods That Help Keep the Pounds Off as You Age
- Statins Carry Some Risk for Seniors, Study Suggests
- Arts, Crafts, Socializing May Buoy the Aging Brain
- Lonely Seniors Visit Doctors More Often
- Older Execs Bring Pluses, Minuses to the Job
- Regular, Vigorous Exercise May Lengthen Your Life: Study
- Fit at 50? Cardiac Arrest During Exercise Unlikely, Study Finds
- Lots of Leafy Greens Might Shield Aging Brains, Study Finds
- Face Scans Show How Fast a Person Is Aging
- People May Grow More Trusting With Age, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Caregiver Stress Can Harm Your Health
- Many With Alzheimer's Aren't Told of Diagnosis by Doctor: Report
- Should Older Runners Embrace the 'Barefoot' Craze?
- Health Tip: Taking Care of Your Aging Skin
- Early Scans for Back Pain May Do Little to Help Seniors
- Some Older Heart Patients Might Benefit From Aggressive Treatments
- Diet Sodas Linked to Widening Waistlines in Seniors: Study
- Cochlear Implants May Also Boost Seniors' Mood, Thinking: Study
- Surgery Seldom Needed When Older Person Breaks Upper Arm: Study
- Brainpower Peaks in Different Ways as People Age, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Should I Stop Driving?
- Seniors Bear Brunt of This Flu Season
- Light Activity a Boost to Seniors' Hearts
- Study Ties Shingles Virus to Dangerous Blood Vessel Disease in Elderly
- Health Tip: Exercising as a Senior
- 'Mindfulness' May Help Ease Sleep Problems for Seniors
- Golden Anniversaries May Bring an Added Special Glow
- Chronic Illness, Loneliness May Go Hand-in-Hand for Some Elderly
- Certain Heart Drug, Antibiotic Combo Might Be Fatal for Seniors
- Seniors Need 2 Pneumonia Vaccines, CDC Advisory Panel Says
- Have Insurers Found Way Around Obamacare 'Pre-Existing Conditions' Rule?
- Seniors May Keep Falls a Secret
- Muscle Weakness Affects 1 in 5 Americans Over 80
- Homebound Neighbors May Need Your Help in Winter
- Falls on the Rise Among U.S. Seniors
- Many Seniors Toast to Retirement Too Often
- 200-Year-Old Whale May Give Clues to Human Longevity
- ICU Infections Among Elderly Tied to Higher Death Rates After Discharge
- HIV Tied to Worse Hearing in Older Adults
- Researchers Take 'First Baby Step' Toward Anti-Aging Drug
- Seniors' Aging Brains Find Ways to Stay Financially Sharp
- Certain Antibiotic/Statin Combos May Be Unsafe Mix: Study
- Seniors Still Given Potentially Dangerous Sedatives: Study
- Feel Younger Than Your Age? It May Help You Live Longer
- Health Tip: Seniors, Focus on Nutrient-Dense Foods
- 40 Percent of Seniors Report Having a Disability
- Poorest Seniors at Risk for Repeat Hospital Stays
- Too Few Seniors Check Their Medical Records Online
- Jogging May Help Seniors Walk Better
- Most Seniors Could Use Statins Under New Guidelines
- Senior-to-Senior Aggression Common in U.S. Nursing Homes
- U.S. Seniors' Health Poorest, Global Survey Shows
- Easy-to-Walk Communities Linked to Sharper Senior Minds
- Genes of Oldest People Offer No Insights to Long Life
- Cancer Patients in Hospice Face Less Aggressive Treatment: Study
- Pain, Depression Tied to Delirium Risk After Surgery for Seniors
- A 'Purpose in Life' May Extend Yours
- The Golden Years Don't Glitter for All
- Seniors Should Remove Dentures at Bedtime
- Sitting Around in Middle Age Doesn't Bode Well for Old Age
- Could a Fading Sense of Smell Point to Earlier Death?
- 'High-Intensity' Hospitals Save More Elderly After Surgery: Study
- Report Identifies Game Changers for U.S. Health Care
- Adults Over 45 Not Meeting U.S. Muscle Strengthening Guidelines, Study Says
- Risks of Breast Cancer Screening in Women Over 70
- Health Tip: Support Seniors During Hard Times
- Health Tip: Aging Well
- Sleep Apnea Treatment Helps Seniors, Study Finds
- Failing Vision Tied to Shorter Lifespans for Seniors
- Study: Many Seniors Get Unnecessary Cancer Tests
- Malnutrition Threatens Many U.S. Seniors Seen at ERs
- High-Dose Flu Vaccine May Better Protect the Elderly: Study
- Older Adults Sharpest in the Morning, Study Finds
- 'Elder Abuse' Often Involves Finances, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Signs That an Elderly Person Isn't Eating Right
- Chronic Medical Conditions Can Shorten Seniors' Lives: Study
- Healthy Habits May Slow Cellular Signs of Aging, Study Finds
- Distractions Seem More Troublesome With Age
- Health Tip: Eating for Your Age
- Routine Errands a Risky Time for Falls by Seniors
- A Healthy Lifestyle May Deflect Dementia
- Stroke Rates Declining Among Seniors, Study Shows
- Can Games, Puzzles Keep Aging Minds Sharp?
- Mammography Costs Soar for Seniors, But Detection Rates the Same: Study
- Nursing Home Care May Be Out of Reach for Many Aging 'Boomers': Study
- Dance Those Cares Away!
- Over Half of Seniors Plagued by Incontinence: CDC
- Soccer Scores a Goal for Senior Fitness
- Vitamin D: A Key to a Longer Life?
- Cancer Survivors Face Mounting Costs of Continuing Medical Care: Study
- Medication Safety Essential For Seniors
- First-Time Colon Cancer Screening May Be Beneficial for Elderly
- Obesity Gene May Explain Why Some Gain Weight as They Age
- A Walk a Day Keeps Disability at Bay
- Doctor Shares Tips for Preventing Falls Among Seniors
- 1 in 5 Elderly U.S. Patients Injured by Medical Care
- Health Tip: Seniors Need Preventive Care
- Number of U.S. Elderly Will Double By 2050: Report
- Even Routine Housework May Help Stave Off Disability
- Health Tip: Keeping Seniors on Their Feet
- A Memory Aid for Seniors: Laughter
- Seniors Who Suffer Mental Declines May Face Earlier Death: Study
- Vitamin D May Not Lower Seniors' Fall Risk
- Apathy Might Signal Brain Shrinkage in Old Age: Study
- Hearing Loss Might Make Elderly Feel More Isolated
- Your Mentally Stimulating Job May Help Keep You Sharp in Retirement
- Nearly Three-Quarters of U.S. Seniors Have Living Wills
- Older Drivers May Be Vulnerable to Just One Drink
- Coordinated Care Helps Elderly With Chronic Diseases
- Does Self-Esteem Affect Seniors' Health?
- 'Senior Moments' Don't Seem to Lead to Dementia for Most
- Hip Replacement Safe for Patients in Their 90s, Study Finds
- Boomers Should Consider Shingles Vaccine, Physician Says
- High-Protein Diets in Middle Age Might Shorten Life Span
- Blood Pressure Meds May Raise Risk of Serious Falls for Seniors
- Walking May Help Older Men Sidestep Hip Fractures
- Too Much Sitting After 60 May Lead to Disability, Study Says
- Scientists Get Closer to Rejuvenating Aging Muscles
- More Specialists Question Safety of Testosterone Therapy for Older Men
- Feeling in Control? You Might Live Longer
- Too Much Sitting May Raise Heart Failure Risk for Men
- Zest for Life Can Be a Moving Experience
- Aging Brains Can Still Make 'Childlike' Connections: Study
- Gains of 'Brain Training' for Elderly Seen 10 Years Later
- VA Program Reduces MRSA Germ Cases at Long-Term Care Centers
- Old-Age Specialists May Boost Recovery Among Injured Seniors
- Almost 15 Percent of Americans Still Uninsured, Report Finds
- Older Women May Spend Two-Thirds of Their Day Sitting
- Two-Thirds of Seniors Need Help With Some Part of Daily Living
- Newer Foam Mattresses May Help Prevent Bedsores in Nursing Homes
- Quitting Smoking May Help Seniors' Hearts Sooner Than Thought
- Too Much Testosterone May Be Unhealthy for Older Men
- See Doctor Before Buying Hearing Aid, FDA Advises
- Eat Nuts, Live Longer?
- Joblessness May Age You, Study Suggests
- Heart Valve Replacement May Be Getting Safer for Seniors
- Aerobics Might Boost Brain Health for Older Adults
- Initial Health-Plan Enrollment Falls Below Expectations
- Jury Still Out on Routine Mental Tests for Seniors, Panel Says
- No Routine Mental Tests for Seniors -- At Least Not Yet, Panel Says
- Balance Training Seems to Prevent Falls by Elderly
- Seniors With Serious Injuries Often Don't Receive Specialized Care
- Learning Challenging Skills Tied to Better Memory in Seniors
- Being Web-Savvy Tied to Better Health in Seniors: Study
- Smartphones May Help Nursing Home Docs Spot Drug Mishaps
- Many Doctors Ignore Guidelines, Order PSA Tests for Elderly Men
- Home-Delivered Meals Could Help Some Avoid Nursing Home: Study
- Health Tip: Looking for Senior Housing?
- History of Falls Linked to Post-Surgery Complications in Seniors
- More Deaths Among Older People During Economic Upswings: Study
- Head Injuries Common in Nursing Home Falls: Study
- Surgical Complications Greater for Minority Seniors: Study
- Aging May Not Dull Decision-Making Skills, Study Finds
- Chronic Kidney Disease on Rise Among U.S. Seniors, Study Shows
- 2 Questions May Reveal Seniors' Impending Decline, Study Says
- Loved Ones Stay Attuned to Spouse's Emotions, Study Says
- 7 Surprising Things About the Affordable Care Act
- ER Visits Common After Seniors' Surgery, Study Finds
- Stressful Events May Raise Risk of Falls in Older Men, Study Finds
- Brain Protein Is a Key to 'Senior Moments,' Study Finds
- Should Everyone Over 65 Take a Statin?
- Health Tip: Why Should I Stop Driving?
- Older Workers Who Drive Top Traffic Death List: CDC
- Health Tip: Are You Taking Opioids as Prescribed?
- Baby Boomers Need Hepatitis C Test, CDC Study Confirms
- Outgoing Young People Become Happier Seniors: Survey
- Could Hot Cocoa Improve Brainpower in Seniors?
- Probiotics Not Warranted for Seniors Taking Antibiotics: Study
- For Seniors, Unhealthy Living May Lead to Disability
- Living Long and Healthy After 65 Depends on State: CDC
- Memory Worries May Be Early Sign of Alzheimer's
- Signs of Potential Trouble for Nursing Home Residents
- Infant Vaccines Also Protect Seniors Against Pneumonia: Study
- No Significant Change in U.S. Women's Life Expectancy
- Today's 90-Somethings Seem Sharper Than Predecessors
- As U.S. Population Ages, ER Visits Will Lengthen
- Marital Spats May Decline as Couples Age
- Health Tip: Drive Safely as You Age
- Screen All Baby Boomers for Hepatitis C, Expert Panel Says
- Race May Be Factor in Loss of Sense of Smell That Comes With Age
- Clumsiness in Some Elderly Tied to Brain Changes
- Irregular Heartbeat May Speed Memory Loss in Seniors
- Listeria Food Poisoning Hits Elderly, Moms-to-Be Hardest: CDC
- Age Amplifies Damage From Obesity, Study Finds
- Many Seniors Suffer Mental Decline in Silence: CDC
- Centenarians a Happy Lot, Survey Says
- Health Tip: Watch for Signs of Elder Abuse
- Physician-Assisted Suicide Program Rarely Used, Study Finds
- Few U.S. Seniors Take Advantage of Shingles Vaccine
- Elder Abuse Tied to Higher Hospitalization Rates
- Lifestyle Might Curb Loss of Height That Comes With Age
- Mental, Physical Challenges May Help Seniors Stay Sharp, Study Says
- Doctors Don't Ask About End-of-Life Plans, Study Finds
- Too Few Americans Pass Last Days in Hospice Care: CDC
- Isolation, Loneliness May Raise Death Risk for Elderly
- Pneumonia May Lead to Serious Aftereffects for Seniors
- What's Ahead for the Affordable Care Act in 2013?
- Mammograms Every Other Year OK for Women Over 50: Study
- A Third of U.S. Seniors Die With Dementia, Study Finds
- Bathroom Visits May Add to Sleep Problems for Seniors
- Experimental Alzheimer's Drug Shows Promise, Study Finds
- A Cheap, Old Heart Drug May Help Elderly Heart Failure Patients
- Health Tip: Seniors, Be Prepared for Dental Visits
- Over 50? Checklist May Predict If You'll Be Alive in 10 Years
- FDA Approves Drug for Older Women Experiencing Painful Sex
- Thigh Fat May Slow Down Seniors
- Flu Shot May Not Work as Well for Seniors
- Number of Americans With Alzheimer's May Triple by 2050
- Older Motorcyclists More Likely to Be Seriously Hurt in Crashes
- Shift to Hospice Care Often Comes Too Late, Study Finds
- A Good Mood May Boost Seniors' Brain Power
- Scientists Find Clue to Aging Reversal in Mice
- Constipation Treatments Not Equally Effective: Review
- PET Scans Helpful, But Not Definitive for Alzheimer's Diagnosis
- Lighter Sleep May Dull Memory Skills in Seniors
- Winter Holds Many Hazards for Seniors, Expert Warns
- Costly Breast Cancer Screenings May Not Help Seniors: Study
- Flu Cases Rise Across U.S., Severe Season Feared
- Health Tip: Many Seniors Suffer From Dry Mouth
- Palliative Care Eases Suffering for Seniors at End of Life: Study
- Poor Vision Can Isolate Seniors
- Immune System May Not Weaken With Age: Study
- Women Far More Likely to Live to 100 Than Men: U.S. Census
- Funding Meals on Wheels Keeps Seniors Independent: Study
- Study Reveals Why Elderly Often Vulnerable to Scams
- The Secret to a Longer Life? Children
- Most Seniors Get a Good Night's Sleep, Study Says
- Do Older Adults Need Vitamins, Supplements?
- Abused Elderly Likely to Have Brain, Head and Neck Injuries
- U.S. Task Force: Baby Boomers Should Be Tested for Hepatitis C
- Upbeat View on Old Age May Help Seniors Bounce Back From Disability
- You're Only as Old as You Feel
- Regular Exercise May Help Seniors Stave Off Heart Failure
- Boomers Zero In on Health at Age 50 and 65, Study Says
- Health Tip: Seniors on the Move
- Drivers' Glaucoma May Boost Accident Risk
- DNA 'Telomere' Length Tied to Aging, Death Risk
- 4 Signs of Aging That May Show Higher Heart Risk
- Study IDs 4 Key Habits of Successful Aging
- Stroke Risk Rises in Seniors With COPD: Study
- Frailty Linked to Dementia in Oldest Adults
- Exercise Protects Aging Brains Better
- High-Carb Diet in Old Age Linked to Mental Decline
- Exercise May Delay Early Aging of People With Diabetes
- Healthy Lifestyle Boosts Survival Odds for Older Women With Cancer
- Many Older Heart Attack Survivors Don't Stick With Meds
- Videos of Real-Life Stumbles May Help Fall-Prevention Efforts
- Big, Rapid Gains Made in Human Lifespan: Study
- Eye Docs Must Do More to Spot Unsafe Older Drivers: Study
- Many Seniors Overpaying for Medicare Drug Plans: Study
- Health Tip: Caring for an Older Person's Teeth
- Doctors Speak Out on Health Care Waste in U.S.
- Seniors Who Fell Recently May Fare Worse After Surgery
- Aging Population Poses Long-Term Challenges to U.S. Economy
- U.S. Sees a Run on New Knees Since 1990s
- Which State's Residents Live the Longest?
- Language Barrier Hurts Elderly Asthma Patients
- 'Magic' Carpet Could Help Shield Elderly From Falls
- Many Heart Attacks May Go Unrecognized in Seniors
- Marathons Safe for Aging Boomers, Study Finds
- Healthy Living in Old Age Can Add 6 Years to Life
- Midlife Fitness May Mean Healthier Old Age, Study Finds
- Older Americans Living Longer, But Becoming More Obese
- Sharp as a Tack at 90: Here's Why
- CDC: All Baby Boomers Should Get Screened for Hepatitis C
- More Evidence That Exercise in Middle Age Boosts Health
- Not Enough Data to Advise Routine Hearing Screens for Older People: Experts
- Cocoa May Sharpen Aging Brain
- Condition Commonly Seen in Aging May Alter Brain Function
- Weekends More Fatal for Older Patients With Head Injury: Study
- Increasingly, More Education Linked to Longer Lifespan in U.S.
- Balance, Strength Training Reduce Falls for Elderly, Study Finds
- Hormone May Boost Aging, Failing Brains
- Low Vitamin D Levels May Raise Death Risk in Older Adults: Study
- Health Tip: Focus on Healthy Aging
- Alzheimer's Progression Slower After 80: Study
- CDC: Military Veterans Report Poorer Health
- More Americans Have at Least 2 Chronic Health Issues: CDC
- Cataract Surgery May Help Prevent Hip Fractures
- Poor Sleep Ups Odds for Nursing Home Care, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Help Prevent Malnutrition in Seniors
- Health Tip: Why Some Seniors Can't Sleep
- Older Americans See Better Today, Study Finds
- Autumn Birthday Ups Odds of Living to 100: Study
- Alcohol May Not Be Kind to the Aging Brain
- High Blood Pressure May Protect Some Frail Elderly: Study
- Gut Microbes Might Reflect Health, Diet of Older Adults
- Home Elder Care: Buyer, Beware
- Descent Into Alzheimer's Detailed
- Aging Boomers' Mental Health Woes Will Swamp Health System: Report
- What Makes the End-of-Life Experience Peaceful?
- Could the Naked Mole Rat Hold Secrets to Longevity?
- 3-D Movies: Thrills and Ills
- It's Not So Much the Heat, It's the Lack of Power
- Medicare Coverage Gap May Cause Seniors to Forgo Antidepressants
- Minorities Less Likely to Use Hospice Care: Study
- Aging Eyes Are Seeing Better
- Health Tip: Stay Healthier as You Age
- One-Fifth of Nursing Home Residents Fall in First Month
- Supreme Court's Ruling on Health Care Reform Could Come Monday
- As Heat Builds, Take Steps to Protect Yourself
- 'Absentminded' Errors Common in Older Adults: Study
- Eating Disorders in Women Over 50
- High Rates of Untreated Kidney Failure Seen in Elderly
- Health Tip: Make Exercise a Social Activity
- Seniors' Attitude on Age May Affect Dementia Test Results: Study
- Timed Traffic Crosswalks Too Fast for Many Elderly: Study
- Omega-3 Supplements May Not Aid Aging Brain
- Thyroid Cancer Seldom Shortens Lifespan, Study Finds
- Could Slow Walking Foreshadow Early Dementia?
- Quitting Smoking Even in Old Age Prolongs Life: Study
- Older Dads May Pass on Longevity to Kids, Study Finds
- FDA Approves Horizant for Post-Shingles Pain
- Two-Thirds of Osteo Hip Fractures Occur After 80: U.S. Study
- Some Docs Would Order Cancer Screening for Very Sick Elderly
- Disaster-Preparedness Tips for People With Disabilities
- Seniors With Asthma Do Worse If Obese
- Racial Gap in Life Expectancy Shrinking
- Healthy Diet, Exercise Extend Life for Women in Their 70s: Study
- More Vitamin D Might Help Older People Stay Active
- U.S. Program Targets Antipsychotic Drug Use in Nursing Homes
- Personality Secrets to a Long Life
- Do We Smell Our Age?
- Healthy Brain Connections Help Maintain Intellect in Old Age
- Exercise, Vitamin D Can Lower Fall Risk in Elderly
- Colonoscopy May Detect Curable Cancer in Elderly: Study
- Study Offers Ways to Decrease Use of Restraints at Nursing Homes
- CDC: All Baby Boomers Should Get Tested for Hepatitis C
- Trial Set to See if Drug Can Prevent Alzheimer's
- Older People With Dementia Cared for Mostly at Home
- Sex After Heart Attack? Doc's OK May Be Key
- Statins May Help Prevent Irregular Heartbeat in Elderly
- Older Lung Cancer Patients Less Likely to Be Treated
- Asthma an Often Unrecognized Risk for Older People
- Seniors Undertreated for Asthma, and Many Skip Inhalers: Study
- Exercise Plus Computer Time May Boost Seniors' Brains
- Taking Away Car Keys Can Be Tough for Older Drivers
- For a Healthy Aging Brain, 'Use It or Lose It'
- FDA Approves New Erectile Dysfunction Drug Stendra
- Berries May Slow Memory Loss
- Health Highlights: April 24, 2012
- Health Tip: When Seniors Are Malnourished
- Strength Training May Give Boost to Seniors' Brains
- 'No Regrets' Outlook May Make for Sunnier Old Age
- Women With Older Partners More Often Admitted to Nursing Homes
- Any Exercise May Cut Alzheimer's Risk at Any Age
- Brain Changes May Hamper Decision-Making in Old Age
- Seniors Stop Taking Heart Drugs In Medicare 'Donut Hole'
- Health Tip: Seniors Need Their Nutrients
- Health Highlights: April 16, 2012
- Single 'Boomers' Struggling as They Age: Study
- Health Tip: Seniors, Boost Your Balance
- EKG Heart Test May Predict Risk in Older Adults
- White Women Make Up Bulk of Assisted-Living Residents
- Summer Temperature Swings May Harm Elderly
- Brain Falters Near End of Life, but Games, Puzzles Might Slow Decline
- Depression, Anxiety Tied to Physical Disabilities in Seniors
- Older Travelers at Much Higher Risk of Dying From Malaria
- Have Diabetes? Lifestyle Changes May Help Mobility
- Bypass Surgery May Be Better Than Angioplasty for Seniors
- Obesity Linked to Poorer Mental Skills in Seniors
- Memory Problems May Worsen After Hospital Stay
- Radiofrequency for Younger-Looking Hands?
- Half of Stroke Victims Don't Call 911, Research Shows
- Poor Reading Skills Might Be Fatal for Older Folks
- Seniors' Long-Term Use of Strong Painkillers a Concern
- Insulin Resistance May Lead to Kidney Disease in the Elderly: Study
- Alzheimer's, Dementia Care to Cost U.S. $200 Billion This Year
- Could Fat Be Your Friend Over Age 85?
- Health Highlights: March 7, 2012
- 1 in 7 People With Alzheimer's Lives Alone
- Poor Sleep May Impact Stress Response in Older Adults
- Health Tip: Choosing the Right Athletic Shoes
- Cold Air May Raise Heart-Attack Risk During Exercise
- Older Prostate Cancer Patients Might Be Overtreated: Study
- Study: Sleep Disturbances Not Linked to Aging
- Hearing Loss Triples Risk of Falling: Study
- Disabled Adults More Apt to Be Victims of Violence: Study
- Health Tip: Seniors Need Exercise, Too
- Many Elderly Now Bring Companion on Doctor's Visit
- Dementia: Some Antipsychotic Drugs Riskier Than Others
- Post-Stroke Speech Problems Inflate Cost of Treatment
- Millions of Americans Have Untreated Hearing Loss: Study
- Winter Can Pose Hazards for Seniors
- Health Tip: How to Protect Seniors From Injury
- Mouse Study Suggests Alzheimer's Spreads Through Brain Like an Infection
- Questionnaire Could Help Predict Alzheimer's: Study
- Sex and the Elderly: STD Risk Often Ignored
- Neurologists Should Screen Patients for Abuse: Experts
- Certain Seniors at Risk for Infection After ER Visit: Study
- Steady Diet of Mental Stimulation Might Reduce Alzheimer's Risk
- CDC: Americans Living Longer as Death Rate Drops
- Why Some People Live to 110
- Older Folks, College Kids Make Decisions Just as Quickly: Study
- Pneumonia Vaccine Approved for Older People
- Most Sick or Disabled Seniors Want Docs to Say How Long They Have
- Widowers Who Stay Single Might Face More Mental Health Woes
- DHEA May Help Sex, Symptoms after Menopause
- Are the Benefits of Vitamin D Overhyped?
- Weight Regained in Later Years Has More Fat
- Extra Help Enhances Holidays for Older Relatives
- Men Who Step Lively May Outpace Grim Reaper
- Are Too Many Older People Screened for Cancer?
- For Older Runners, the Message Is: Keep Those Legs Pumping
- Health Tip: Should You Still Be Driving?
- Unvaccinated Kids Behind Largest U.S. Measles Outbreak in Years: Study
- The Best and Worst States for Long-Term Care
- Anti-clotting Drug Warfarin May Be Safe for Elderly
- Older People Must Work Out More to Keep Muscles
- Hiding Your Age? Don't Spit
- Scientists Find New Clues to Aging
- Testosterone Decline: Not Inevitable With Age?
- Music Lessons as Child May Keep Aging Minds Sharp
- Exercise, Vitamin D Reduce Risk of Falls in Elderly
- Walking May Ward Off Memory Loss
- Strong Grip May Mean Longer Life
- Helping the Elderly Avoid Falls
- Bad News About Youth Boosts Elders' Esteem
- For Some, Moderate Drinking May Prolong Life
- Resveratrol May Slow Aging in Humans
- Swine Flu Pandemic Hit Children the Hardest
- Gulf Oil Spill's Toll on Nation's Beaches
- Dementia Risk Higher if Your Spouse Has Dementia
- Disabilities Sidelining Middle-Age Adults
- Daily Routines Help Seniors Sleep Better
- Hip Fracture Risks Linger After Recovery
- Life Cycle of a Penis
- Diabetes Risk Factors
- Safe Sex for Grown-Ups
- Swine Flu and the Elderly
- Erection Problem Checklist
- Skin: The Effects of Aging on Skin
- Teaching Old Muscles New Tricks
- Breast Cancer Specific References
- Cholesterol Specific References
- High Blood Pressure Specific References
- Heart Attack Specific References
- Prostate Cancer Specific References
- Skin Care and Aging
- Senior Health: Talking With Your Doctor
- Aging: There's No Place Like Home - For Growing Old
- Aging: The Aging Mind
- Life Extension: Science Fact or Science Fiction?
- Medicines: Use Them Safely
- Older Drivers - When Should You Stop Driving?
- Aging: Pills, Patches, and Shots: Can Hormones Prevent Aging?
- Seniors: Shots for Safety
- HIV, AIDS, and Older People
- Hospital Hints for Seniors
- Hyperthermia: Too Hot for Your Health
- Senior Health - Choosing a Doctor
- Senior Health Series: Aging and Alcohol Use and Abuse
- Constipation and Aging
- Surgery: Senior Health Series: Considering Surgery?
- Depression and Aging
- Diabetes in Older People - A Disease You Can Manage
- Aging & Dietary Supplements: More is Not Always Better
- Foot Care & Aging
- Holiday: Surviving the Holidays
- Flu Prevention for the 2005-2006 Season
- Memory Exercises That Work
- Immunization: National Immunization Awareness Month
- Balance Exercises, Anytime, Anywhere - Weekly Schedule
- Exercise For Seniors
- Exercise & Fitness: Weekly Schedule
- Exercise: Endurance and Flexibility Daily Record
- Infertility: Age Raises Infertility Risk in Men, Too
- Eyeglasses: Styles and Lenses
- Dementia Patients On Antipsychotic Meds At Risk
- FTC Charges Seasilver with Making False and Deceptive Claims
- Skin Care for Mature Skin
- Patient Care Ergonomics
- Pneumonia Vaccine for High Risk Groups
- US Future Full of Fractures
- Flu Vaccine Shortage Alert
- Tips to Remember Your Medications
- Parkinson's Disease Due to Extra Genes
- Depression in Older Men
- Forgetfulness: It's Not Always What You Think
- Tips: Searching for Credible Health Information in the Internet
- To Drive Or Not To Drive
- Drug Discount Cards Cause Confusion
- Healthy Aging Month
- Hot Weather Hazard for Older People
- Common Eye Complaints
- Exercise For Older Adults
- Strength Exercises For Older Adults
- Age-Related Eating Problems