Trending Senior Health Topics
Since muscle mass decreases as people age, it's important for older adults to exercise, since it keeps seniors strong, burns calories, maintains weight, improves flexibility, and builds balance and bone strength. Exercise helps cognitive function and improve mood in adults over 55 years of age.
Watch this senior sex health slideshow on overcoming sexual problems as we age. Learn how to have a healthy and enjoyable sex life by overcoming obstacles such as certain diseases, conditions or medications that may change your body and affect your sex life.
Related Disease Conditions
Advance Medical Directives (Living Will, Power of Attorney, and Health Care Proxy)
Advance directives are designed to outline a person's wishes and preferences in regard to medical treatments and interventions....
What Is the Best Treatment for Degenerative Disc Disease?
Learn what medical treatments can help ease your degenerative disc disease symptoms and speed up your recovery....
What Is the Difference Between a Bone Scan and a CT Scan?
A bone scan and a computed tomography (CT) scan are both used to diagnose various bone conditions. The specific use of a bone...
Hospice is a service that offers support, resources, and assistance to terminally ill patients and their families. In such late...
How Do You Care For An Incontinent Patient?
Learn about medical and home care treatments to help you manage urinary incontinence....
Enjoying a satisfying sex life as we age is important to both physical and mental health. As we age, diseases and conditions may...
What Are the Best Ways to Prevent Osteoporosis?
Bones are uniquely constructed to carry the weight of our bodies and to perform other functions, such as growing blood cells. ...
What Causes Drooling in Older Adults?
Drooling is a common condition that affects many people. Learn the signs of drooling, what causes drooling, how doctors diagnose...
What Is the Life Expectancy Today?
The life expectancy in the United States, before COVID, was 78.7 years, and the current life expectancy for World in 2021 is...
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Aging: The Surprises of Getting Older
What surprising health changes happen as you grow older? Learn about the memory and brain changes in aging adults, increases in...
How to Avoid Caregiver Burnout
Learn 14 ways to avoid caregiver burnout. Pets, music, pill organizers, and webcams top this list to make caregiving a little...
15 Gray Hair Causes and Fixes: Touch-Ups, Natural Coloring Tips
What causes gray hair, and what does it say about your health? Is it stress? Genetics? Medications? Learn how to remove gray...
Healthy Aging: Causes of Muscle Weakness
From aging to illness, many things can cause your muscles to get weaker. Learn about the causes and what you can do to make it...
Healthy Aging: How to Outsmart Father Time
We all get older, but you can do a few things to help you look and feel younger. This WebMD slideshow explains how....
Healthy Aging: Over 50? These Problems Can Sneak Up on You
As you get older, you may need to watch out for a few health problems that can come on slowly. Here are some things from WebMD...
Healthy Aging: Want to Stay Youthful? Avoid These Mistakes
Are you worried that you may be aging more quickly than you should? Find out what you may be doing wrong....
Healthy Aging: What to Expect in Your 70s
Want to live your best life as you age? Here's what you need to know about your 70s....
Healthy Aging: What to Expect in Your 50s
Learn more about how your body changes in your 50s -- not all of it is necessarily unwelcome....
Exercise Tips for Seniors
Exercise for seniors is important for healthy and successful aging. Learn what happens to our bodies as we age, how to start...
Healthy Aging: Ways to Fight the Aging Process
You can’t slow down the clock, but you can make some changes to fight little aches and pains, wrinkles, memory glitches, and...
Healthy Aging: How to Live a Longer Life
What is the best diet for longevity? What's the secret to living longer? Do vegetarians live longer? How can you live a longer...
Osteoporosis Quiz: What is Osteoporosis?
What are the causes, symptoms, and risk factors of osteoporosis? Quiz yourself about vitamin deficiency, maintaining bone...
Osteoporosis: Simple Steps to Boost Bone Health
Your bones tend to weaken as you age. But it's not unavoidable. Here are things you can do to keep them as strong as possible....
Healthy Aging: Better Sex After 50
It's never too late to improve your sex life. Learn how older adults can overcome common health conditions affecting seniors over...
Senior Health: Ways to Stay Healthy in Retirement
You can do some things to make your golden years truly golden. Here are a few ideas to help you prepare for -- and have -- a...
Treatment & Diagnosis
- 11 Tips for Surviving A Heat Wave Without Air-Conditioning
- Advance Medical Directive: Sample Form
- Nursing Home: How to Evaluate a Nursing Home
- How Do You Treat a Spine Fracture from Osteoporosis?
- Seniors - Falls Cause Serious Injuries
- Thyroid and Aging - Helping to Keep the Golden Years Golden
- What Are the Best Exercises for Osteoporosis?
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- Aging & Dietary Supplements: More is Not Always Better
- Senior Health Series: Aging and Alcohol Use and Abuse
- Aging: 12 Ways to Feel and Look Younger
- Aging: Assessing an Older Driver
- Aging: Battling Nature- Soldiers in the Field
- Aging: Battling Nature- Genetic Possibilities
- Aging: Battling Nature- Human Potential
- Aging: Pills, Patches, and Shots: Can Hormones Prevent Aging?
- Aging: No Trials for the Aging
- Aging: The Aging Mind
- Aging: There's No Place Like Home - For Growing Old
- Choosing to Live at Home
- Conquering Fear of Falling
- Constipation and Aging
- Diabetes in Older People - A Disease You Can Manage
- Drug Discount Cards Cause Confusion
- Drugs for Seniors: A Costly Problem
- Eating Well, Aging Well
- Euthanasia & Physcian Assisted Suicide
- Exercise For Seniors
- Financial Steps to Take When You're 65+
- Fitness for the Long Term
- Fitness: Getting Older, Feeling Better
- Foot Care & Aging
- Friends: Need More Friends?
- Gardening for Health
- Ginkgo Biloba: The Fountain of Youth?
- Growing Older, Staying Strong
- Guess Who's 60 -- and Sexy?
- Having a Happy Retirement
- Headaches After 50
- Health: For Your Health, Assert Yourself
- Healthy Aging Month
- Hearing Loss and Aging
- Helping Older People Stay at Home
- Hospital Hints for Seniors
- How to Live to Be 120
- How to Talk to Your Doctor
- Hyperthermia: Too Hot for Your Health
- Let the Senior Games Begin
- Life Extension: Science Fact or Science Fiction?
- Live Long, Live Well
- Living Well to 100
- Long-Term Care: Choosing the Right Place
- Making Memories
- Making the Last Move
- Medicare Coverage
- Medicare Coverage: Drug Discount Cards 2005
- Medicare Coverage: Enrolling in Medicare
- Medicare Coverage: Filing a Medicare Claim
- Medicare Coverage: Finding More Information
- Medicare Coverage: For People With Disabilities
- Medicare Coverage: Long-Term Care
- Medicare Coverage: New Benefits At-a-Glance
- Medicare Coverage: Prescription Drug Benefits 2006
- Medicare Coverage: Retiree Benefits
- Medicare Coverage: What does Medicare Cover?
- Medicare: Choosing The Right Coverage For You
- Medicare Coverage: Medigap Supplemental Insurance
- Medication: Hey, You, Take Your Pill!
- Medicines: Use Them Safely
- Murder-Suicides in Elderly Rise
- Nothing to Fear but Pain Itself
- Nursing Homes: End of the Line
- Older Drivers - When Should You Stop Driving?
- Older Drivers: The Car Key Decision
- Pain: 'Oh, My Aching Body'
- Parenting: Grandparents Suddenly Parents
- Parkinson's Disease Due to Extra Genes
- Physical Therapy a Boon for Seniors
- Planning for Home Care
- Preventing Harm in Your Own House
- Privately Spiritual
- Quacks: Fight Back Against the Quacks
- Reaching Out to Nursing Home Residents
- Romance After 60
- Aging: Seeing (Age) Spots
- Gambling: Senior Gamblers Testing the Odds
- Senior Health - Choosing a Doctor
- Senior Health: Acting Your Age
- Senior Health: Age-Old Medicine
- Senior Health: Aging Ain't What It Used to Be
- Senior Health: Talking With Your Doctor
- Falls And Fractures In Seniors
- Seniors Are Mistreated
- Seniors' Falling Injuries Are Preventable
- Seniors: Shots for Safety
- Sex After 60 -- Why Not?
- Sex in the Senior Years
- Sexual Health: Can Good Sex Keep You Young?
- Senior: Shopping for Assisted Living
- Skin Care and Aging
- Sleep: When Older Folks Can't Sleep
- Spirituality May Help People Live Longer
- Supplements to Boost Your Health
- Surgery: Senior Health Series: Considering Surgery?
- Heat: Surviving Summer Scorchers
- Travel: Taking a Trip? Be Prepared
- Death: Talk About Death
- Death: Talking at the End of Life
- Teaching Old Muscles New Tricks
- Cloning: The Facts and Fiction of Cloning
- Seniors: The New and Improved Senior Center
- Aging: The Secrets of Aging Well
- To Drive Or Not To Drive
- Seniors: Trading the Car Keys for a Bus Pass
- Seniors: Understanding Long-Term Care
- Vitamin Essentials as We Age
- Senior Health: Walking Gives Older Women a Mental Boost
- Senior Health: Water Exercise
- Emergency: What to Do After Calling 911
- What You Need, from Pap to Prostate