Patient Comments: Seizures - Experience With Absence Seizures

Please describe your experience with absence seizures. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: DR G, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 22

I have been experiencing absence seizures for about 16 months. Currently, I do not have any control of when I am going to have the next one. The symptoms include blurred vision, chest pains, impaired speech, memory loss, and falling. I sure wish that I never have another one.

Comment from: Raymond A., 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 23

While laughing very hard something strange happened in my head. I remained conscious but felt like something weird in my brain. It lasted a few seconds and I have experienced it several times, only when laughing really hard.

Comment from: Riley court, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 15

My daughter has absence seizures and it happens about 50 to 80 times a day.

Comment from: akallmes, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: May 10

I've had two liver transplants due to PSC and recurrent PSC. The best advice I can offer: Questran, even when not itching, along with exercising when you can. Also, seeing a nutritionist is key. Recovery and strength related to what you were able to eat. I used to take Tylenol to help with eating, so that the pain wouldn't be intolerable.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter