Epilepsy is a brain disorder in which the person has seizures. There are two kinds of seizures, focal and generalized. There are many causes of epilepsy. Treatment of epilepsy (seizures) depends upon the cause and type of seizures experienced. Read more: Seizure (Epilepsy) Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Epilepsy & Seizures Quiz: What Causes Seizures?
Do you know the difference between seizures and epilepsy? What are the types of seizures? Take the Epilepsy & Seizures Quiz to...
Picture of Tuberous Sclerosis (Adenoma Sebaceum)
Small erythematous papules on the nose and cheeks of a child representing angiofibromata. See a Tuberous Sclerosis (Adenoma...
Picture of Tuberous Sclerosis (Fibrous Plaque)
Raised skin-colored plaque on the forehead of a child representing a connective tissue nevus. See a Tuberous Sclerosis (Fibrous...
Picture of Tuberous Sclerosis (Periungual Fibroma)
Flesh-colored periungual papule appearing in adolescence in an individual with tuberous sclerosis. See a Tuberous Sclerosis...
Stroke Causes, Symptoms, and Recovery
What is a stroke? Learn about stroke symptoms like sudden numbness or weakness, confusion, vision problems, or problems with...
Alcohol Abuse: 12 Health Risks of Chronic Heavy Drinking
Read about the health risks of chronic heavy or binge drinking. Anemia, cancer, gout, cardiovascular disease and many more...
Epilepsy: Symptoms, Causes and Treatment
Learn about epilepsy stages, symptoms and treatment for this disorder of the brain's electrical system. Epileptic seizures cause...
The 18 Most Expensive U.S. Medical Conditions
What are the most expensive medical conditions? Learn about heart conditions, brain disorders, back pain and many more expensive...
Related Disease Conditions
Brain Tumor (Symptoms, Signs, Types, Causes, Survival Rates)
A brain tumor can be either non-cancerous (benign) or cancerous (malignant), primary, or secondary. Common symptoms of a primary...
Gaucher disease is caused by an inherited (genetic) defect in an enzyme glucocerebroside. Signs and symptoms for Gaucher...
A heart attack happens when a blood clot completely obstructs a coronary artery supplying blood to the heart muscle. A heart...
Huntington's disease is the result of degeneration of neurons in areas of the brain. Huntington's disease is an inherited...
Low Blood Sugar (Hypoglycemia)
Low blood sugar, or hypoglycemia, is a syndrome in which a person's blood sugar is dangerously low. People with type 1 and type 2...
Malaria is a disease that is spread by the bite of an infected Anopheles mosquito. Malaria symptoms include fever, chills,...
Migraine headache is a type of headache associated with a sensitivity to light, smells, or sounds, eye pain, severe pounding on...
Stress occurs when forces from the outside world impinge on the individual. Stress is a normal part of life. However,...
Stroke Causes, Warning Signs, Symptoms, and Treatments
A stroke is an interruption of the blood supply to part of the brain caused by either a blood clot (ischemic) or bleeding...
Lupus (Systemic Lupus Erythematosus or SLE)
Systemic lupus erythematosus is a condition characterized by chronic inflammation of body tissues caused by autoimmune disease....
Microcephaly is a genetic condition where the circumference of the head is smaller than normal due to underdeveloped brain....
Phenylketonuria (PKU) is a disorder that is inherited. PKU disorder increases the levels of phenylalanine in the blood....
MELAS syndrome, a rare form of dementia, stands for Mitochondrial Encephalopathy, Lactic Acidosis, and Stroke-like episodes....
Group B Strep
Group B strep are bacteria called Streptococcus agalactiae that may sometimes cause infections both in a pregnant woman and her...
Approximately 40 million children suffer abuse every year around the world, and more than 1,500 children die of abuse in the U.S....
Whooping Cough (Pertussis)
Whooping cough (pertussis) is highly contagious respiratory infection that is caused by the bacteria Bordetella pertussis. There...
Meningococcemia is a bloodstream infection caused by Neisseria meningitides. Meningococcemia symptoms include fever, headache,...
Sleep Disorders (How to Get a Good Night's Sleep)
A number of vital tasks carried out during sleep help maintain good health and enable people to function at their best. Sleep...
Measles (rubeola) is a highly contagious disease that's caused by a virus. Symptoms include a rash, high fever, cough, runny...
Klippel-Trènaunay-Weber (KTW) syndrome is a condition characterized by: port-wine stains or birthmark malformations in the...
A Dupuytren's contracture is a localized formation of scar tissue beneath the skin of the palm of the hand. The scarring...
Biologic rhythms, or biorhythms, are how our bodies respond to the regular phases of the sun, moon, and seasons. A medical...
Toxoplasmosis (toxo) is a parasitic infection that causes flu-like symptoms, swollen lymph nodes, and muscle aches and pains that...
Trichinosis Worm Infection
Trichinosis is a food-borne disease caused by ingesting parasites (roundworms) in undercooked pork or wild-game meat. Symptoms of...
Alcoholism is a disease that includes alcohol craving and continued drinking despite repeated alcohol-related problems, such as...
Hydrocephalus is an abnormal buildup of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) in the ventricles of the brain. The fluid is often under...
Pregnancy and Drugs (Prescription and OTC)
Taking prescription medications or over-the-counter drugs or supplements should be discussed with your doctor. There are some...
Heat stroke (heatstroke or sun stroke) is a form of hyperthermia. Heat stroke is a true medical emergency that can be fatal if...
Smoking (How to Quit Smoking)
Smoking is an addiction. More than 430,000 deaths occur each year in the U.S. from smoking related illnesses. Secondhand smoke or...
Cerebral palsy (CP) is an abnormality of motor function and postural tone acquired at an early age (even before birth). Cerebral...
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
The cause of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) is unknown. The risk of SIDS peaks in infants 2-4 months of age. SIDS is more...
The definition of a genetic disease is a disorder or condition caused by abnormalities in a person's genome. Some types of...
Concussion is a short-lived loss of brain function that is due to head trauma. There are two types of concussion, simple and...
Sleepwalking (Causes, Symptoms, Treatment)
Sleepwalking is a condition in which an individual walks or does other activities while asleep. Factors associated with...
Brain and Spinal Cord Tumors in Adults (Symptoms, Signs, Causes, Treatment Options, Life Expectancy)
Brain and spinal tumor are diseases in which cancer (malignant) cells begin to grow in the tissues of the brain. Tumors that...
Preeclampsia and Eclampsia
Preeclampsia is a condition in pregnant women marked by high blood pressure and a high level of protein in the urine. Eclampsia...
Seizures Symptoms and Types
Seizures are divided into two categories: generalized and partial. Generalized seizures are produced by electrical impulses from...
Group A streptococcal infections are caused by group A streptococcus, a bacteria that causes a variety of health problems,...
Arteriovenous malformation (AVM) is a congenital disorder of blood vessels in the brain, brainstem, or spinal cord that is...
Autism Spectrum Disorder (In Children and Adults)
Autism in children and adults is a developmental disorder, characterized by impaired development in communication, social...
Cancers that form from brain tissue are called primary brain tumors. Brain tumors may be malignant (brain cancer) or benign....
Landau-Kleffner syndrome (LKS, infantile acquired aphasia, acquired epileptic aphasia, or aphasia with convulsive disorder), a...
Naegleria fowleri is an amoeba found in freshwater and soil. Infection results when the amoeba enters the nose and travels to the...
Ricin is a biological toxin that can be made from processing castor beans. The length of time it takes for the poison to begin...
Learn about mitochondrial disease, genetic disease in which include a group of neuromuscular diseases that are caused by damage...
Nicotine is delivered to the brain through smoking, chewing, or sniffing tobacco. Nicotine is an addictive agent. Common names...
Febrile seizures, or convulsions caused by fever, can be frightening in small children or infants. However, in general, febrile...
Drowning (Dry, Wet, Near)
Drowning is a common cause of death and disability worldwide. In the US, it is the third most common cause of accidental death....
Shaken Baby Syndrome (Abusive Head Trauma)
Shaken baby syndrome, or abusive head trauma, is the condition that describes the symptoms and signs that result from the violent...
Sepsis (blood poisoning) is a potentially deadly infection with signs and symptoms that include elevated heart rate, low or high...
Rhabdomyolysis is a rapid deterioration and destruction of skeletal muscle. Some of the causes of rhabdomyolysis include:...
Novel H1N1 influenza A virus infection (swine flu) is an infection that generally is transferred from an infected pig to a human,...
Tetrahydrobiopterin deficiency is a rare genetic disorder that increases the levels of phenylalanine and several other substances...
Head Injury (Brain Injury)
In the United States, head injuries are one of the most common causes of death and disability. Head injuries due to bleeding are...
Hyponatremia (Low Blood Sodium) Symptoms, Signs, Causes, Diet, Treatment
Hyponatremia is a condition in which the levels of sodium in the blood is too low. Some of the symptoms of hyponatremia include...
The shoulder is the most often dislocated joint in the body due to its mobility. Dislocation occurs when the head of the humerus...
Pulmonary edema (swelling or fluid in the lungs) can either be caused by cardiogenic causes (congestive heart failure, heart...
Muscle spasms are involuntary muscle contractions that come on suddenly and are usually quite painful. Dehydration, doing...
Encephalopathy means brain disease, damage, or malfunction. Causes of encephalopathy are varied and numerous. The main symptom of...
Histoplasmosis (Cave Disease)
Histoplasmosis (cave disease) is a disease caused by a fungus called Histoplasma capsulatum. The symptoms are similar to those of...
Cysticercosis (Pork Tapeworm Infection)
Cysticercosis is an infection caused by Taenia solium, the pork tapeworm. Symptoms include seizures, lethargy, nausea and...
Rickets is caused by a deficiency of vitamin D, calcium, or phosphate. Infants and children who are exclusively breastfed, have...
Shigellosis is a disease caused by the Shigella bacteria. Bloody diarrhea, stomach cramps, and fever are common symptoms. Mild...
Schistosomiasis (snail fever), a disease caused by parasites, causes a variety of symptoms and signs, such as cough, rash and...
A brain hemorrhage is a type of stroke caused when an artery bursts in the brain, causing localized bleeding in the surrounding...
Listeria is a type of bacteria that can cause food poisoning. Listeriosis symptoms include diarrhea, nausea, and fever. Pregnant...
Yellow fever is an infectious disease transmitted by infected mosquitoes. Side effects are rare with the yellow fever vaccine....
Ecstasy (MDMA), Rohypnol, ketamine and GHB are a few of the different types of drugs abused at bars, raves and parties. Rohypnol...
Parry-Romberg syndrome is a rare disorder that is characterized by a slow progressive atrophy of the skin and soft tissues of...
Leigh's Disease (Leigh's Syndrome)
Leigh's disease (Leigh's syndrome) is a rare genetic neurometabolic disorder. The symptoms of Leigh's disease include loss of...
1p36 Deletion Syndrome
1p36 deletion syndrome is a genetic disorder that causes severe intellectual disability. Characteristics of 1p36 deletion sndrome...
Brain Lesions (Lesions on the Brain)
A brain lesion is defined as an area of damaged brain. Brain lesions (lesions on the brain) are caused by: trauma,...
Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) FAQs
Autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) are developmental disorders that do not appear to be linked to vaccines. More people than ever...
Brain Damage: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment
Brain damage causes destruction or deterioration of brain cells. Traumatic brain injury (TBI) and acquired brain injury (ABI) are...
Ingredients of the drug bath salts include mephedrone, methylone, MDPV, or MDPK. Feeling high and sexually stimulated are...
Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome (CVS)
Cyclic vomiting syndrome is a condition in which affected individuals have severe nausea and vomiting that come in cycles....
Ciguatera poisoning is a type of food poisoning caused by the ciguatera toxin found in a variety of large reef fish found between...
Ataxia is a lack of muscle coordination when a voluntary movement is attempted. There are many different types of ataxia...
7 Alzheimer's Disease Stages and Symptoms
The signs and symptoms of Alzheimer's disease depend on the stage of the disease. Some doctors and researchers disagree in regard...
Coma is the inability to waken or react to the surrounding environment. The Glasgow Coma Scale is frequently used to measure the...
Medical Marijuana (Medical Cannabis)
Medical marijuana (medical cannabis) is a medicine that is plant based. There are two species of medical marijuana; 1) Cannabis...
Powassan Virus Disease
Powassan (POW) virus disease is a rare tick-borne disease that causes symptoms such as confusion, memory problems, fever,...
Seizure vs. Seizure Disorders (Differences and Similarities)
The differences between a seizure, epilepsy, and seizure disorders are confusing to many people. What makes it more confusing, is...
Left Brain vs. Right Brain (Characteristics, Differences, and Functions)
Are left brain vs. right brain theories myth or fact? They actually are a little of both! Scientists and researchers have tried...
Tuberous Sclerosis Complex (TSC)
Tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC) is a rare genetic disease caused by defects on two genes. The signs and symptoms of TSC vary...
West Syndrome (Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, Prognosis, Life Expectancy)
West Syndrome is rare condition that affects infants and children, and has three distinct signs and symptoms (characteristics),...
Migraines and Seizures (Symptoms, Auras, Medication)
Migraines are a type of headache and seizures are the main symptom of epilepsy. Migraine headaches and seizures are two...
Meningitis is inflammation of the membranes that cover the spinal cord and brain. Symptoms include fever, headache, and a stiff...
Encephalitis is a brain inflammation that causes sudden fever, vomiting, headache, light sensitivity, stiff neck and back,...
Syndrome of Inappropriate Antidiuretic Hormone (SIADH)
Syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone (SIADH) is common in older individuals and happens when too much antidiuretic...
Acanthamoeba is an amoeba that lives in dust, soil, and fresh, sea, and brackish water. Acanthamoeba keratitis causes eye pain, a...
Local ResourcesFind a local Neurologist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- CT Scan (Computerized Tomography)
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging Scan)
- Lumbar Puncture (LP or Spinal Tap)
- Pediatric Epilepsy Surgery
- Surgical Options for Epilepsy
- Epilepsy Treatment
- Temporal Lobe Resection
- Extratemporal Cortical Resection
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation (VNS) for Seizures
- Multiple Subpial Transection
- First Aid for Seizures
- CT Scan vs. MRI (Differences between Machines, Costs, Uses)
- Seizure (Epilepsy)
- Doctor: Getting the Most from Your Doctor's Appointment
- How to Choose a Doctor
- Doctor: Checklist to Take To Your Doctor's Appointment
- Memory Loss
- Loss of Temperature Sensation
- Altered Mental Status
- Cyanosis (Turning Blue)
- Difficulty With Speech
- Vocal Outbursts
- Loss of Speech
- Unusual Behavior
- Epilepsy and Seizures FAQs
- Senator Ted Kennedy, a Legend Dies of Brain Cancer
- Neonatal Sepsis (Sepsis Neonatorum)
- FDA: Stop Using Hydroxycut
- Brain Cancer Symptoms: Headaches and Seizures
- What Is a Hospitalist?
- Senator Ted Kennedy: Seizure, Brain Cancer, and Death
- Seizures: When the Computer Goes Haywire
- Why Remove Half A Brain?
- Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Causes Collapse of Baseball Mgr
- Seizure Symptoms: How to Assist the Victim
- First Aid Fast Facts
- What Is a Jacksonian Seizure?
- Does Lupus Cause Seizures?
- Rhabdomyolysis Symptoms and Causes
- Grapefruit Juice and Drug Interactions
- Brain Eating Amoeba: Naegleria fowleri
- Brain Tumor Symptoms and Types
Medications & Supplements
- diazepam - injection, Valium
- carbamazepine - oral, Tegretol
- valproic acid - oral, Depakene
- phenytoin extended capsule - oral, Dilantin
- divalproex sodium extended-release - oral, Depakote ER
- phenytoin suspension - oral, Dilantin
- phenytoin sodium capsules - oral, Dilantin
- phenytoin chewable tablet - oral, Dilantin
- lorazepam concentrate - oral
- topiramate sprinkles - oral, Topamax
- gabapentin solution - oral, Neurontin
- clonazepam disintegrating tablet - oral
- lamotrigine chewable/dispersible tablet - oral, Lamictal
- diazepam - rectal, Diastat
- diazepam - oral, Valium
- carbamazepine suspension - oral, Tegretol
- clonazepam - oral, Klonopin
- topiramate - oral, Topamax
- lorazepam - injection, Ativan
- carbamazepine chewable tablet - oral, Tegretol
- divalproex sodium sprinkle capsule - oral, Depakote Sprinkle
- lamotrigine - oral, Lamictal
- carbamazepine extended-release - oral, Carbatrol, Tegretol XR
- divalproex sodium enteric-coated tablet - oral, Depakote
- gabapentin - oral, Neurontin
- CARBAMAZEPINE EXTENDED RELEASE TABLETS-ORAL, Tegretol XR
- PHENYTOIN-INJECTION, Dilantin
- lorazepam (Ativan)
- phenytoin (Dilantin)
- gabapentin (Neurontin)
- carbamazepine, Tegretol, Tegretol XR , Equetro, Carbatrol, Epitol, Teril
- diazepam (Valium, Diastat, Acudial, Diastat Pediatric, Diazepam Intensol)
- clonazepam (Klonopin)
- valproic acid, divalproex, Depakote, Depakote Sprinkle, Depakote ER, Depakene, Depacon, Stavzor
- lamotrigine, Lamictal, Lamictal CD, Lamictal ODT, Lamictal XR
- topiramate, Topamax, Qudexy XR, Topamax Sprinkle, Topiragen, Trokendi XR
- ethosuximide - oral, Zarontin
- Primidone (Mysoline) Side Effects, Dosage, and Uses
- Diamox (acetazolamide)
- pyridoxine - oral, Neuro-K, Vitamin B-6
- felbamate - oral, Felbatol
- magnesium sulfate (injection)
- zonisamide (Zonegran)
- oxcarbazepine suspension - oral, Trileptal
- clobazam - oral, Onfi
- midazolam injection, Versed (discontinued brand)
- nitrazepam-oral capsule, tablet
- levetiracetam (Keppra, Keppra XR, Roweepra, Spritam) Seizure Drug
- fosphenytoin-injection, Cerebyx
- oxcarbazepine - oral, Trileptal
- tiagabine - oral, Gabitril
- vigabatrin powder packets - oral
- ethotoin - oral, Peganone
- vigabatrin - oral
- Benzodiazepines (Benzodiazepine Drug Class)
- levocarnitine - injection, Carnitor
- clorazepate - oral, Tranxene
- valproate sodium syrup - oral, Depakene
- methsuximide - oral, Celontin
- levocarnitine (Carnitor)
- Lyrica (pregabalin)
- gabapentin enacarbil, Horizant, Gralise, Neurontin
- Klonopin (clonazepam) vs. Xanax (alprazolam)
- Ativan vs. Xanax
- Ativan (lorazepam) vs. Valium (diazepam)
- Alprazolam vs. Diazepam (Differences between Side Effects and Uses)
- Lyrica vs. Gabapentin: Differences between Pain Relief and Uses
- Lyrica (pregabalin) vs. Topamax (topiramate)
- Klonopin (clonazepam) vs. Buspar (buspirone)
- Klonopin (clonazepam) vs. Valium (diazepam)
- Ativan (lorazepam) vs. Librium (chlordiazepoxide)
- Keppra Injection
- Keppra XR
- Diamox Sequels
- Elepsia XR
- Oxtellar XR
- Dilantin 125
- Roweepra XR
- Qudexy XR
- Diazepam Injection
- Acetazolamide Injection
- Diastat Acudial
- Zarontin Oral Solution
- Lamictal XR
- Dilantin Kapseals
- Depakote ER
Prevention & Wellness
- Epilepsy Drug Tied to Higher Risk of Suicidal Behavior in Young Users
- Strobes at Concerts May Cause Epileptic Seizures
- FDA Takes Hard Look at CBD
- Some CBD Oils, Marijuana-Derived Drug Now Allowed on Flights: TSA
- CBD -- It's Everywhere, But Does It Work?
- More Evidence CBD Can Help Ease a Form of Epilepsy in Kids
- Mind-Reading Tech Could Bring 'Synthetic Speech' to Brain-Damaged Patients
- FDA Reports Cases of Seizures Among Young Vapers
- ADHD Meds Safe With Epilepsy, Study Finds
- Chickens Help Scientists Pinpoint Origin of Rare, Deadly Virus
- Kratom-Related Poisonings Are Soaring, Study Finds
- Joking Through Brain Surgery? Seriously?
- 'Mind-Reading' AI Turns Thoughts Into Spoken Words
- First Generic Version of Epilepsy Drug Sabril Approved
- FDA Clears Epilepsy Smartwatch for Use in Kids
- Use of Common Epilepsy Drug in Pregnancy Tied to ADHD in Kids
- Decoding Newborn's DNA Could Pinpoint Hidden Risks
- Rough Neighborhood, Worse Epilepsy?
- Depression Is a Risk for Teens, Adults With Epilepsy
- Sudden Death Risk in Epilepsy Can Wane Over Time
- Benefits of CBD Liquid for Epilepsy May Fade With Time: Study
- Some Types of Epilepsy Pose More Risks During Pregnancy
- First U.S. Drug Containing Marijuana-Derived Ingredient Goes on Sale
- Anti-Seizure Drug May Be New Weapon Against Depression
- DEA Reschedules CBD Drug for Epilepsy
- Internal Body Clocks May Affect Timing of Epileptic Seizures
- Brain Implant Puts the Brakes on Epileptic Seizures in Mice
- Health Tip: Keep Your Epileptic Child Safer
- Folic Acid Supplements in Pregnancy Help Kids of Women With Epilepsy
- Brain's 'Plasticity' Amazes as Boy Recovers From Drastic Surgery
- FDA Warns of Deaths Tied to Tainted Synthetic Pot
- FDA OKs First Drug Containing Marijuana-Derived Ingredient
- Disney's 'Incredibles 2' Could Pose Risk to People With Epilepsy
- Low Dose of CBD Liquid Eases Epilepsy Seizures: Study
- CBD Oil: All the Rage, But Is It Really Safe and Effective?
- Study Debunks Idea That Epilepsy Can Hamper Fertility
- Fetal Exposure to Epilepsy Drug Tied to Lower School Grades Later
- Seizure Drug May Help Ease Symptoms of Major Form of Dementia
- Epilepsy Drug Could Raise Birth Defect Risks
- People With Epilepsy May Gain From Common Sleep Apnea Treatment
- Diet May Help Fight Epilepsy When Meds Fail
- People With Epilepsy May Gain From Common Sleep Apnea Treatment
- Health Tip: Managing Epilepsy in Children
- Parents Say Schools Don't Help Kids With Mental Health, Chronic Disease
- Many Migraine Sufferers Given Unecessary Opioids, Study Finds
- Pot Compound Alters Levels of Seizure Drug in Epilepsy Patients
- Number of Americans With Epilepsy at Record Level
- Know the Signs of Concussion
- Genetic Testing Can Help Pinpoint Epilepsy Earlier
- New Drugs Show Promise as First to Prevent Migraine
- Compound in Pot Eases Severe Form of Epilepsy
- Fido or Fluffy Can Bring You a Big Health Boost
- 'Silent' Seizures Tied to Alzheimer's Symptoms
- Seizure Control Eases Life for Young Adults With Epilepsy
- Seizure Control Key to Avoiding Sudden Death With Epilepsy
- Pot Ingredient Might Ease Severe Epilepsy
- Obesity in Early Pregnancy May Raise Child's Risk of Epilepsy
- What Drugs Work Best for Diabetic Nerve Pain?
- Severe Low Blood Sugar Episode May Up Death Risk in Those With Type 2 Diabetes
- College Students Seem to Take Longer to Recover From Concussion
- Can Brain Scans Help Doctors Navigate Epilepsy Surgery?
- 'Epilepsy Gene Network' Identified in Brain
- Marijuana Derivative May Curb Tough-to-Treat Epilepsy
- Rare Infant Seizure Disorder Often Missed
- When Sibling Has Epilepsy, Kids Worry
- 11 Percent of Stroke Survivors Struggle With Epilepsy
- Study Sheds Light on Safety of Driving With Epilepsy
- Moms' Rheumatoid Arthritis May Be Linked to Epilepsy Risk in Kids
- Clots May Be the Cause of Fainting in Some Elderly
- Newer Epilepsy Drugs May Be Safer During Pregnancy
- Young People With Epilepsy Struggle on Many Fronts
- 1 in 5 Opioid Users Also Might Be Abusing Seizure Drug: Study
- 4 Out of 5 Kids With Epilepsy Have Other Health Problems: Study
- Epilepsy May Triple ADHD Risk, Danish Study Finds
- Pain, Epilepsy Drug Lyrica May Increase Birth Defects Risk, Study Suggests
- Prior C-Section Raises Risk of Complications With Home Birth
- More U.S. Kids Have Chronic Health Problems: Study
- One-a-Day Anti-Seizure Drug Shows Promise for People With Epilepsy
- Study Sees No Link Between Common Epilepsy Drug, Certain Birth Defects
- Even Controlled, Epilepsy May Still Cause Problems for Kids
- Type 1 Diabetes Linked to Epilepsy Risk, Study Suggests
- Stroke Survivors Develop Seizures, Study Confirms
- Marijuana Chemical May Help Prevent Epileptic Seizures in Kids, Young Adults
- Nasal Spray May Give Diabetics Faster Treatment for Low Blood Sugar
- Wearable Devices Aim to Monitor Epileptic Seizures
- Marijuana Chemical Shows Promise for Hard-to-Treat Epilepsy in Kids
- Childhood Whooping Cough Tied to Small Rise in Epilepsy Risk
- Gene May Boost Death Risk for People With Mild Epilepsy
- Could Marijuana Chemical Help Ease Epilepsy?
- Music Therapy Might Help People With Epilepsy
- Epilepsy Linked to Risks During Childbirth, Study Finds
- Online Community Helps People Manage Epilepsy
- Medical Groups Issue Guidelines for Treating First Seizure
- Liquid Medical Marijuana Shows Promise Against Severe Epilepsy
- Too Few Kids With Epilepsy, Cerebral Palsy Get Flu Shot: Study
- Antidepressants Linked to First-Time Seizures
- FDA Warns of Seizure, Alcohol Risk With Chantix
- Epilepsy Surgery Gets High Marks From Patients in Survey
- Sleep Position Linked to Death Risk for Those With Epilepsy
- 1 in 5 Adults With Epilepsy Also Has ADHD Symptoms: Study
- Kids With Epilepsy Face Higher Early Death Risk, Study Reports
- High-Fat, Low-Carb Diet May Help With Tough-to-Treat Epilepsy
- Broccoli Compound Shows Promise for Autism Symptoms in Small Study
- The Dangers of Thinning Bones as Men Age
- Small Study Hints Fish Oil Might Ease Tough-to-Treat Epilepsy
- Electrical Pulses to Scalp May Boost Memory: Study
- Mom's Epilepsy Drugs Appear Safe in Breast Milk
- Medical Marijuana OK'd in More States in 2014
- Delaying Measles-Related Vaccines May Raise Seizure Risk: Study
- When Medical Marijuana Doesn't Work
- Two Drugs Work Equally Well for Epileptic Seizures in Kids: Study
- Young People With Epilepsy Face Higher Injury Risk: Study
- Anti-Seizure Drug May Guard Against Some Cancers
- Human-Type Epilepsy Discovered in Sea Lions
- Fever-Related Seizures in Kids Eased by Epilepsy Drug: Study
- Dietary Supplements Can't Treat or Cure Concussions: FDA
- Study Weighs Safety of Epilepsy Drugs in Pregnancy
- Experts Lay Out Options for Menopause Symptoms
- Acupuncture No Better Than 'Sham' Version in Breast-Cancer Drug Study
- Epilepsy Surgery Improves Patients' Lives, Research Finds
- Could Electrical Brain Stimulation Boost Perseverance?
- Scans Show Brain-Connection Differences in Those With Epilepsy
- Implanted Device Approved to Decrease Seizures
- How to Handle a Child's Seizure
- FDA Approves Implanted Brain Stimulator for Epilepsy
- Magnetic Brain Stimulation May Help Smokers Quit
- Aptiom Approved to Treat Seizures
- Epilepsy Often Hand-in-Hand With Other Health Problems: CDC
- Flu Can Kill Even Healthy Children, Study Finds
- Many Kids With Autism on Multiple Medications, Study Finds
- Children Benefit From Early Dose of Measles Vaccine, Study Finds
- Could a Neck Injection Ease Tough-to-Bear Hot Flashes?
- Epilepsy Drugs in Pregnancy May Affect Infants' Fine Motor Skills
- Vigorous Exercise May Lessen Young Men's Risk of Epilepsy
- Epilepsy Drug Warnings May Slip Through Cracks
- Epilepsy Plus Mental Ills Linked to Premature Death, Study Says
- Epilepsy Drugs in Pregnancy Tied to Developmental Delays in Children
- Mental Decline Seen Earlier When Epilepsy Present, Study Suggests
- Implanted Device May Predict Epilepsy Seizures, Study Suggests
- Prenatal Use of Common Epilepsy Drug Tied to Higher Autism Risk
- Tapeworm-Linked Seizures May Be Rising in U.S., Doctors Say
- FDA Panel to Consider Brain Stimulator for Epilepsy
- Stroke During Childhood May Raise Risk for Epilepsy, Study Says
- Migraine Sufferers Stigmatized Because of Their Condition: Study
- ER Visits Linked to Energy Drinks Double: Report
- Childhood Vaccine Schedule Is Safe, Report Says
- Epilepsy, Migraines May Have Family Ties
- FDA Pulls One Generic Form of Wellbutrin Off the Market
- Antidepressants May Lead to Fewer Seizures in People With Epilepsy
- What Doctors Don't Know About Treating Kids With Epilepsy
- Children's Seizures Not Always Damaging, Study Finds
- Study Supports Link Between Stress, Epileptic Seizures
- Lupus May Be Linked to Serious Pregnancy Complication
- Insomnia May Raise Risk of Heart Attack, Stroke
- With Diabetes, Boosting Exercise Should Be Done Safely
- Fycompa Approved for Epileptic Seizures
- Epilepsy Drug Shows Promise as Weight-Loss Aid, Study Says
- Experimental Vaccine Might Help Women Already Infected With HPV
- FDA OKs Drug for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- Epilepsy Drug Gabapentin Calms Chronic Cough
- Electrical Brain Stimulation Curbs Epileptic Seizures in Rats
- Health Tip: Help Prevent Drowning
- Test May Spot Autism in Young Children
- Health Highlights: June 22, 2012
- Seizure Behind Commerce Secretary Bryson's Crashes: Report
- Many People With Type 1 Diabetes Missing Treatment Goals: Study
- Scientists Spot More Migraine Genes
- Mouse Study Sheds Light on How Diet May Affect Epilepsy
- Parents Often Lose Sleep Over Child's Epilepsy, Study Finds
- Predicting Success Rates for Epilepsy Drugs
- Health Tip: Watch for Symptoms of Seizure
- Botox Only Modestly Effective for Migraines
- Migraine Guidelines Focus on Prevention
- Epilepsy Leads to More Brain Abnormalities Over Time
- No Rise in Seizure Risk With MMRV Booster Vaccine
- Surgery Often an Overlooked Option for Epilepsy
- Twitter Adding to Stigma of Epilepsy, Study Says
- Combo Vaccine May Raise Babies' Risk for Fever-Caused Seizures
- FDA Weighs Fate of Qnexa for Weight Loss, Again
- Study Weighs Pros, Cons of Home or Hospital Birth
- Electrical Brain Stimulation May Strengthen Memory, Study Says
- Surgery Effective for Tough-to-Treat Epilepsy
- Health Highlights: Jan. 12, 2012
- New Guidelines Issued for Combining HIV, Seizure Meds
- FDA Reconsiders Weight Loss Drug Qnexa
- Foundation Aims to Raise Awareness of Brain Diseases
- For Many, Epilepsy Surgery Effective Long-Term
- Surgery Keeps Many Epilepsy Patients Seizure-Free
- Seizure Drug May Extend Lives of Brain Cancer Patients
- Report: Vaccines Generally Safe, Cause Few Health Problems
- Brain Injuries Increase Risk of Stroke
- Precautions Cut Sudden Death Risk of Epilepsy
- Johnson & Johnson Recalls Topamax Due to Odor
- New Drug May Help Control Epilepsy Seizures
- Epileptic Kids Have More Psychiatric Symptoms
- Bipolar Disorder Often Untreated
- New Birth Defect Warning for Topamax
- Flu Vaccine: Infant Febrile Seizures Reported
- Gabrielle Giffords' Brain Injury: FAQ
- Recall of Defective Glucose Test Strips
- Hyland's Teething Tablets Recall: Possible Poisoning Risk
- Seizure and Pain Drug May Treat Hot Flashes
- New Epilepsy Drug Potiga Gets FDA Panel Nod
- Study: No Proof of Epilepsy Drug Suicide Risk
- Certain Epilepsy Drugs Linked to Suicide
- FDA Panel Says 'No' to Weight Loss Drug Qnexa
- Seizure Risk Rises With MMRV Vaccine
- Birth Defects Linked to Valproic Acid
- Deep Brain Stimulation Stops Seizures
- Pill Kills Hard-to-Treat Head Lice
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter