Patient Comments: Sedimentation Rate - Testing

What were the results of your sedimentation rate test?

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 20

My ESR results came back 60. I have been having diarrhea severe abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting, plus lack of appetite.C

Comment from: Irmapaz, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 21

My blood work result came back with a sed rate of 120 which explains the painfullower leg nodules and bruising. I got my first cortisone shot and WOW! What a miracle relief that gave me. 2 weeks after the shot I had another blood test and this time the result came back with a sed rate of 44 which is a big improvement.

Comment from: peacefuLaughter, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 03

I was diagnosed with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis at age 13. My sed rates were generally over 100 for many years. Now I am 47, and the disease has never been in remission. I am learning to persevere. Once when I was having frequent blood tests and also seeing a counselor, my sed rate dropped 40 points after talking and crying for a while. Getting emotions out may help. My sed rate is 3 today. I am eating well.

Comment from: David, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 05

I have had hepatitis C for about 20 years. I hadn't had liver level test for a while as I was all fine, but went to the doctor and had tests done. The doctor told me that normal liver levels should be 15 and that mine is over 2 million! I am going to have treatment for hepatitis C this year sometime. I wonder if I should stay close to medical assistance with liver level this high, as I live out in the bush.

Comment from: Mrs.DAvies, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 17

I am 42 years old. My sedimentation rate result is 34.

Comment from: sexycougar40ish, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 09

My sedimentation rate result was a 41.

Comment from: 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 12

The results of my sedimentation rate test is 42.

Comment from: ShellsH, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 11

I'm 28 years old and have had problems with ovarian cyst since I was 12. I had my first major surgery when I was 12 and had a softball size cyst on my right ovary. The right ovary and cyst had to be removed. When I was 20 I had a cyst removed from my left ovary. When I was 24 I had another cyst removed on my left ovary. With all my surgeries I had to be cut open. Just two weeks ago I had another cyst on my left ovary bad had it removed laparoscopically. They had to remove my ovary also. So now I am 28 with no ovaries and will be going through menopause.

Comment from: cynthia, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 20

My sedimentation rate value was 9.

Sedimentation Test - Indications Question: Did you receive a sedimentation test? What were the results and how did it affect your diagnosis?