Patient Comments: Sedimentation Rate - Testing

What were the results of your sedimentation rate test?

Comment from: MSBYOO, 75 or over Male (Caregiver) Published: December 17

My husband (81) has had valley fever for 2 years. He was not getting any better so we sought out a 2nd opinion. The new doctor ordered a sedimentation rate on my husband. Results came back last week at sedimentation rate of 123. In April, 2012, it was a 2.

Comment from: horseman3, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 14

I was diagnosed with PMR (polymyalgia rheumatic) in 2010. My ESR was 77 at the time. That does not seem high but I had the test done in the afternoon when movement was more manageable. Initially I was prescribed 40 mg of prednisone. I am currently on 5mg of prednisone as maintenance and hovering at an ESR of 11-12 after three years. Movement is still a little difficult especially after manual labor or exercise. I would love to get off the prednisone but I don't think it is going to happen.

Comment from: SPICOLI, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 16

My feet got swollen about 2 weeks ago and my doctor changed my insulin. Now I need to find a treatment to get the swelling down to normal so I can work. It's been a week now with new insulin and not much swelling has gone down.

Comment from: Sexy senior, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 24

I recently had gastrectomy surgery back in August of 2015. I now have multiple problems, I think because of adhesions, with no appetite, getting nausea after eating, and I lost major weight at 40 pounds since July. I have no desire to eat because it is going to make me sick no matter the food that I eat.

Comment from: Chapis, 75 or over Male (Caregiver) Published: December 22

My sedimentation rate by modified Westergren results is 63H, ANA Screen, IFA results positive, ANA pattern results speckled, ANA Titer results 1:40 H.

Comment from: ldelia, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 23

The result of my sedimentation rate test was 42. I am 38 year old female that has been experiencing extreme levels of head pain, not headaches, but feeling of swelling in brain.

Comment from: PBR, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 08

I received my sedimentation rate result and it shows 18/37. I am a female and I am 37 years old. My knee and my heels have pain.

Comment from: mh, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 14

My sedimentation rate was 15 mm/hour, reactive protein 0.648 mg/dl, mcv 78.8, WBC 10.8 and RBC 5.08. I am on cancer treatment for breast cancer, only 4 months of Arimidex.

Comment from: itsahemi72, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: April 24

My Westergren sedimentation rate is 77, their standard range from testing place is 0-15mm. C- reactive protein level is 7.8, again their standard is 0.0-0.6 mg/dl.

Comment from: Christina, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 11

My sedimentation rate was 28 and I am told the values fluctuate depending on your age. I am 52 and am having terrible joint pain.

Sedimentation Test - Indications Question: Did you receive a sedimentation test? What were the results and how did it affect your diagnosis?