Seasonal affective disorder is a type of depression that tends to occur as the days grow shorter in the fall and winter. Symptoms of seasonal affective disorder include tiredness, fatigue, depression, irritability, body aches, poor sleep, and overeating. Read more: Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Related Disease Conditions
Second Source article from WebMD...
Depression is an illness that involves the body, mood, and thoughts and affects the way a person eats and sleeps, the way one...
Sleep Disorders (How to Get a Good Night's Sleep)
A number of vital tasks carried out during sleep help maintain good health and enable people to function at their best. Sleep...
Holiday Depression, Anxiety, and Stress
Though the holidays are a fun time for most, for others, they're a sad, lonely and anxiety-filled time. Get tips on how to avoid...
Bipolar disorder (or manic depression) is a mental illness characterized by depression, mania, and severe mood swings. Treatment...
Suicide is the process of intentionally ending one's own life. Approximately 1 million people worldwide commit suicide each year,...
Mental health is an optimal way of thinking, relating to others, and feeling. All of the diagnosable mental disorders fall under...
Insomnia (Symptoms, Causes, Remedies, and Cures)
Insomnia is the perception or complaint of inadequate or poor-quality sleep because of difficulty falling asleep; waking up...
Local ResourcesFind a local Psychiatrist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
Medications & Supplements
- bupropion (Wellbutrin, Wellbutrin SR, Wellbutrin XL, Zyban, Aplenzin, Fortivo XL, Zyban)
- paroxetine, Paxil, Paxil CR, Pexeva
- fluoxetine, Prozac, Sarafem, Prozac Weekly
- methylphenidate (Ritalin, Ritalin SR, Ritalin LA, Concerta, Methylin, Methylin ER, Daytrana)
- Sertraline (Zoloft)
- citalopram, Celexa
- modafinil, Provigil
- Antidepressants (Depression Medications)
- Cymbalta vs. Wellbutrin Comparison
Prevention & Wellness
- How to Perk Up the Holidays for Hospital Patients
- Health Tip: Fight Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Help for Seasonal Depression
- Tanning's Allure Tied to Other Addictions
- Sunday's Time Change Offers a Mixed Bag
- Giving the 'Green Light' to Migraine Relief
- Do the Seasons Affect How We Think?
- Study Finds No Proof of 'Seasonal' Depression
- Ways to Beat the Holiday Blues
- Could Your 'Holiday Blues' Be Seasonal Affective Disorder?
- Light Box Might Help Nonseasonal Depression, Too
- Talk Therapy May Beat Light Treatment for SAD: Study
- Mice May Yield Clues to Winter Depression
- How to Survive Valentine's Day Without Romance
- 'Tis the Season for Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Dark Days Here for Folks With Seasonal Depression
- Sunny Skies Tied to Suicide Rates
- Winter Depression May Be Less Common Than Believed
- Daily Gene Rhythms May Be Off in Depressed People
- Google Search Trends Suggest Mental Woes Vary by Seasons
- Health Tip: Avoid the Winter Blues
- Health Tip: You May Have Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Winter Depression May Require Treatment Plan
- Bright Light at Night Could Up Depression Risk, Mouse Study Suggests
- Winter Doldrums Got You Down? Here's How to Bounce Back
- Cataracts From Antidepressants?