(Optional)

Gender of Patient:Male Female

What are common allergic conditions and what are allergy symptoms and signs?

The parts of the body that are prone to allergic symptoms include the eyes, nose, lungs, skin, and gastrointestinal tract. Although the various allergic diseases may appear different, they all result from an exaggerated immune response to foreign substances in sensitive individuals. The following are brief descriptions of common allergic disorders.

Return to Allergy (Allergies)

Comment from: cleo, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 18

My allergy symptoms started with swollen upper lip. Then I began feeling dryness on the lip, then after two days dryness in the throat. I am still investigating the foods or activity consumed or done.

Comment from: VaLady, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 23

I went to visit family out of state and slept on the sofa because my cousin and wife needed to sleep in the bedroom when they arrived. I fell asleep in my traveling clothes on the sofa and during the night I felt like something crawled on me but I was too tired to do anything more than brush my arm. Next morning I got up to take a shower and just happened to look up at the ceiling and saw what I thought might be a bedbug. The next day I started to get itchy on my arms near my wrists. Initially thought it was mosquitoes. Then the person who I stayed with told me she had them in her room. I immediately got upset. I went in her room and they were all over the walls. Needless to say, I left. I was so paranoid of taking them home. When I arrived back to my house I got undressed in the garage and put all my clothing in the dryer; even the delicate ones. Bites were on both arms, my back, and my neck. And the itch was terrible. I'm still worried they may be in my car so, I'm going to get traps just in case.

Comment from: Bhgal71, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 06

Epstein-Barr virus infection caused high elevated liver enzymes, enlarged liver, enlarged spleen, and enlarged gallbladder. Neutrophils were very low, white blood counts extremely low, I was dehydrated, had fluctuation of fever up and down, night sweats, was extremely fatigued, had fluid on outside of both lungs (probably from no activity or exercise), sleepless nights, sore throat, stuffy head, as well as mononucleosis and cytomegalovirus. I spent couple nights in the hospital, and couple nights in the emergency room for IVs from dehydration. Currently I have been sick two weeks and not released to even think about work for a month.