(Optional)

Gender of Patient:Male Female

What are signs and symptoms of mixed connective tissue disease?

The signs and symptoms of mixed connective tissue disease vary greatly from one individual affected to another. If polymyositis is the dominant feature, muscle weakness is prominent. If systemic lupus erythematosus prevails, there may be chest pain with breathing, kidney disease, and/or arthritis of the joints. If scleroderma symptoms dominate, there can be diffuse swelling and thickening of the fingers and feet with bluish discoloration of the fingers after cold exposure (Raynaud's phenomenon).

Return to Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (MCTD)

Comment from: vrystaat, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 12

MCTD (mixed connective-tissue disease) is a horrible disease, which affects every side of your life. It took 10 years before my diagnosis. I have tried all the drugs with no improvement. Only CellCept helps me, but I get so many infections, that I had to stop. Next is plasmapheresis.