(Optional)

Gender of Patient:Male Female

How is medications treat hyperthyroidism?

The options for treating hyperthyroidism include:

• Treating the symptoms
  • Antithyroid drugs
  • Radioactive iodine
  • Surgery treating symptoms
Return to Hyperthyroidism

Comment from: StillSick, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: October 04

My bout of gastroenteritis started Thursday while I was at work. I felt fine at 7 AM and started feeling sick at 8:00. This stuff hits fast! I had to grab my desk trash can and projectile vomited in it a few times until I felt a little better. I immediately drove home and continued projectile vomiting for the next 2 hours. I had chills, body aches and a little diarrhea. Luckily, I hadn't had much to eat the night before, otherwise I think that would have been worse. The vomiting stopped after 2 hours, but it is now Sunday night and I am still weak. I also still feel nauseous at various times, although I haven't had any vomiting.

Comment from: SRINIVASH, Published: September 16

I developed a pulmonary embolism in January 2015. For a period of 10 days it could not be diagnosed, even by a senior cardiologist. He made me undergo several tests including treadmill, echo, ECG, and CT scan and I did not want to go for treadmill as I am not in a position to walk properly, yet he made me run on it. I could not walk/run for a few seconds. After 2 days I was admitted to the hospital, the duty doctor who was a simple MBBS identified from the symptoms and supplied oxygen. With the advice of the hospital's senior doctors the treatment was started. Within a week I was perfect, though it was too late to identify from the symptoms. I was not able to walk even a few steps, had breathing problem and could not stand up in the wash room. There was no severe chest pain. It is my humble request to the viewers/readers not to take this disease lightly, as it can end up in losing one's life. Contact the physician immediately.

Comment from: Cupienana, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: June 01

I have high blood pressure, but recently became very ill, facing diarrhea and getting weaker and weaker. After four days, I was so weak I and had to give in and call an ambulance and go to a hospital. I had severe sepsis, E. coli and serious dehydration. I was dismissed from the hospital after 10 days and my blood pressure dropped to both under 100 and my pulse in the 40s. I got no stronger. In my return visit to my cardiologist (when I was still very weak, and 5 weeks after my most recent hospitalization) I now had critically-low potassium level. I had taken potassium prescription to counteract loss of potassium due to taking Lasix to prevent congestive heart failure. Increased potassium prescription treatment has resulted in my feeling better than I have in months, but my high blood pressure has returned to 166/106, pulse 60 and I do feel stronger!