(Optional)

Gender of Patient:Male Female

What is the first trimester of pregnancy (week 1-week 12)?

During the first trimester your body undergoes many changes. Hormonal changes affect almost every organ system in your body. These changes can trigger symptoms even in the very first weeks of pregnancy. Your period stopping is a clear sign that you are pregnant. Other changes may include:

• Extreme tiredness
  • Tender, swollen breasts. Your nipples might also stick out.
  • Upset stomach with or without throwing up (morning sickness)
  • Cravings or distaste for certain foods
  • Mood swings
  • Constipation (trouble having bowel movements)
  • Need to pass urine more often
  • Headache
  • Heartburn
  • Weight gain or loss

As your body changes, you might need to make changes to your daily routine, such as going to bed earlier or eating frequent, small meals. Fortunately, most of these discomforts will go away as your pregnancy progresses. And some women might not feel any discomfort at all! If you have been pregnant before, you might feel differently this time around. Just as each woman is different, so is each pregnancy.

Return to Pregnancy (Week By Week, Trimesters)

Comment from: Ruth, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 11

I struggled with plantar warts for at least three years and tried a lot of different clinical and home remedies. Initially I saw progress with banana peel (which cured my daughter's warts in three nights but had less dramatic results for me), apple cider vinegar (staggering pain for two nights and then visible improvement but no final victory possibly because I stopped too early the first time; then, after years of other treatments, it wasn't enough to do the trick alone), salicylic acid products, supplements, multiple doctor visits (which left a wound I couldn't tamper with until it had healed up, by which point warts were back). My diet was healthy throughout, home-cooked food, lots of garlic, healthy greens, etc. In the end, this is what worked: I cut the dead skin off each night with a scalpel (best thing that came from those doctor visits), dab the area with oregano oil mixed with another gentler oil (canola works), and stick a cotton ball soaked with apple cider vinegar to the spot with a Band-Aid overnight. It took between two to three weeks of this, and then when I cut the dead skin off one night there was new skin underneath. I've been wart free ever since, but this will be the first thing I try, if I ever get another!

Comment from: Lola, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 23

Well, I had a hysterectomy about 10 years ago and they did a bladder surgery at that time to repair bladder prolapse. I am now 66 years and am miserable; any bending, straining yard work or just house work is uncomfortable! I am not a heavy person and have always been active and worked outdoors, lifting if needed. But now I cannot even do simple gardening tasks, I have lower back pain as well! I will try to go to a urogynocologist to seek help! Hope they can help because this is not fun. But worried about the surgery and mesh issues!

Comment from: Jonesy, 25-34 Female Published: October 25

I did not know I had a prolapse until I had a Pap smear and the doctor said I had a mild prolapse that did not need attention. I did though seek advice from a specialist and she told me just to do 100 pelvic floor exercises per day. This did not help and my prolapse worsened, within a month I could feel it. I requested an operation to fix it as I am an active healthy person; playing tennis and riding a bike. Within a day of the operation my buttocks were very sore and I have been told not to do anything for a few weeks. So please have a care as I have been told about a lady having 3 operations in 18 months. You must look after yourself. I will write again in a few weeks.