(Optional)

Gender of Patient:Male Female

What are brief psychotic disorder symptoms and signs?

Signs and symptoms of brief psychotic disorder can include the following:

• Delusions (beliefs that have no basis in reality)
  • Hallucinations (for example, hearing voices or other noises not based in reality; seeing or otherwise perceiving things not actually present in any way)
  • Disorganized speech (frequently off topic or nonsensical)
  • Severely disorganized or catatonic behavior
Return to Brief Psychotic Disorder

Comment from: Nohemi , 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 05

In my whole life (40 years) I have had two psychotic episodes. To recover the first time (mainly due to lack of knowledge), I recovered after a month, doctors highly medicated me. Some of the causes may have been related to my grandmother passing, stress and lack of sleep. After 7 years, I struggled at work, experienced stress, lack of sleep, and my godfather passed away, and 10 days later my stress increased and I had not been sleeping well, I ended up at the hospital losing reality again but this time recovered after 5 days. I wish I could learn how this works and how I can prevent it.