(Optional)

Gender of Patient:Male Female

Hemorrhoid surgery

Patients who have failed conservative therapy or who have grade 4 hemorrhoids are candidates for surgery to remove the swollen hemorrhoids and the larger external hemorrhoid skin tags. Options include hemorrhoid removal with laser surgery or hemorrhoidectomy (ectomy=removal) using a scalpel. Another alternative is stapled hemorrhoidectomy, where a special staple gun is positioned to remove the hemorrhoid and surround the tissue with a ring of staples to close the area as well as controlling the bleeding.

A thrombosed external hemorrhoid indicates that a clot has formed in the hemorrhoid causing significant pain. Treatment involves cutting into the hemorrhoid to remove the clot and reduce the swelling.

Return to Hemorrhoids (Causes, Symptoms, and Treatments)

Comment from: Sarah, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 26

I removed hemorrhoids by using Israeli emulsion gel.

Comment from: srikanth, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: September 03

If you use Triphala Churnam juice daily 2 spoons you will get relief from hemorrhoid. I tried other medicines and this worked better.

Comment from: Fuzzy, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 08

Yes I have had The Surgery. Wish I had known to try this first. Before you let them cut you try using spreadable honey. Yes the stuff you put on toast(HONEY). After my surgery a friend told me about his luck at avoiding surgery. It was a Monday at the rectal surgeons office. After the exam he was told that he was to return on Friday and would then be told if he was to get surgery or not. From now till Friday he was to smear honey on his anus and a little up inside with his finger morning and night and after all bowel movements. In less than five days he went from swollen bleeding hemorrhoids to what he said was almost non existent. He was told to continue for another week. He has since been free of all signs of hemorrhoids. I wish I had known to try that first. my healing has been long and painful. After surgery and 6weeks healing I was still swollen. I tried the honey and it helped me heal. My daughter who had painful hemorrhoids after child birth was to go see a rectal surgeon tried it and cancelled he appointment and said she felt relief as soon as 24Hrs. WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE!! TRY THE HONEY First. if it is not helping within a week the get to a doctor but try it before they cut into you it might save you then going onto 12 weeks of recovery pain I am still dealing with.