(Optional)

Gender of Patient:Male Female

What is a cyst?

A cyst is a closed capsule or sac-like structure, usually filled with liquid, semisolid, or gaseous material. Cysts usually occur within almost any type of the body's tissue; they vary in size from microscopic to large structures that can displace internal organs. Although cysts can also refer to any normal bag or sac formation in the body, in this article, we will use the definition stated above and consider it to be an abnormal formation. Consequently, the cysts discussed below are not normal parts of the body. They have distinct membranes or cyst walls. If the sac is filled with pus, it is usually considered an abscess, not a cyst.

Return to Cyst

Comment from: KathyB, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 22

I had a large sore or cyst come on the crease of my leg where the elastic of my underwear go around. It was quite painful. I could see it was coming to a head so I put gauze with Watkins brown salve on it and it finally came open. It drained for three days; mostly blood and pus. The hole now in my leg is as big as an eraser head. It feels better but I hope it heals quickly!

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 27

I have a cyst in the lower eyelid caused by a blocked tear duct, itchy and now have a large cyst showing.

Comment from: austin2015, 45-54 (Caregiver) Published: February 11

It began with 3 years of increased, heavy, and painful premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and menses, without a doctor to follow my symptoms. Later I bled clot-like excretions dropping to the floor from intolerable pain. Then it suddenly lessened; however, the PMS and core body temperature rose along with uncontrollable body odor. Last fall I grew concerned as I bled heavily for 30 days. Within these last 6 months, internal exams and a biopsy confirmed a golf ball sized benign tumor and 3 polyps in my uterus. Without medication, except a natural chlorophyll liquid, I began to see an endocrinologist. He confirmed my body is in a state of chaotic hormones. I am highly reactive emotionally, maintain my libido, however the hormones fluctuate from unmeasurable to off the charts. Menses have stopped for almost 3 months until a reading of estradiol over 900. The only treatment thus far is a thyroid medication to stimulate T-4 to T-3 conversion. I followed a low glycemic diet for 2 months prior to taking medication. I have done a natural 12 day detox to discover I have a polyp outbreak on one finger, reduced muscle mass, constant breast pain for now 40 days with 5 cysts in one and one in the other, an ovarian cyst and different interpretations of the exam results from doctors. Friends have always called me a health-nut. However, the last 5 years I have slowed down and began eating carbs with weight fluctuating, gaining 10 to 15 pounds within 10 days to 2 months.