(Optional)

Gender of Patient:Male Female

What is the treatment for bedbug bites?

Typically, no treatment is required for bedbug bites. If itching is severe or if an allergic reaction to the bites occurs, topical steroid creams or oral antihistamines may be used for symptom relief. Secondary bacterial infections that develop over heavily scratched areas may require antibiotics.

Return to Bedbugs

Comment from: Maniac, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: August 12

I have been telling doctors for years that it feels as though my brain wasn't getting enough oxygen. No response! For years I was in a workout program at a gym, twice a week. Occasionally I would have to skip working out after the first of the workout pushed my heart rate up and instead of that increasing my blood pressure, my blood pressure dropped so that lying down was the only way to prevent falling down! For the last 3 or 4 years my balance has gotten worse and worse, I experience lightheadedness and a sense of floating more and more frequently. The room occasionally takes a quick spin or my walking is suddenly in the wrong direction. I claim that there is a little man who walks behind me and gives me a shove to take a wrong step every so often. That little man doesn't bother any more as I am dizzy or lightheaded or floating most of the time from rising in the morning until I have been up for a while, often during the day for short periods and now, for longer and longer periods, usually following a short time trying to do the exercises proposed by my physical therapist. My heart rate is up, my blood pressure is down and I can't continue. No doctor has thought it worth pursuing!

Comment from: Mike's mom, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 10

My son was found unconscious in May 2013 due to 13 brain lesions. Original diagnosis was brain cancer but it was found to be bacterial after the biopsy. We were told he would not survive. He had to learn to talk, eat and walk after spending 75 days in hospital. The lesions they could access by surgery were drained. He still has an Ommaya reservoir under his scalp and quite a few scars but has made a full recovery and works full time. Never give up hope!

Comment from: Wiser, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 04

I kept feeling like I couldn't do much and it kept getting worse. Doctor did blood test and there was no response from him. Lab didn't send test results to doctor. I assumed it as ok. Next time I saw him, he said I didn't look good. I took another blood test. Hemoglobin level was at 6. Not good at all. I entered hospital and had blood transfusion and more. After many tests, results suggested my stomach was not absorbing iron from foods. Still getting treated and hemoglobin is up to 10.8. I feel much better a year later; takes a long time.