(Optional)

Gender of Patient:Male Female

What causes low testosterone (Low-T)

Some of the conditions that can lead to a low level are:

• Obesity
  • Diabetes (type 2)
  • Chronic medical conditions (especially liver or kidney disease)
  • Hormonal disorders
  • Infections
  • Medications (narcotics, chemotherapy)
Return to Low Testosterone (Low T)

Comment from: mike, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 29

At age 58, after lack of any feeling of 'get up and go', I took a blood test. I had a level of testosterone 58 (300 being low) and found out my pituitary gland didn't make luteinizing hormone! Hence, testicles didn't do their job. I'm now 72 and have been self-injecting 2ea ginseng (200 mg) per month since then! Nothing I ever did in my life ever made such a dramatic change for the better in all aspects including sex.

Comment from: lynx, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 09

I've realized that my problem of decreased testosterone levels is due to the lack of sleep (an impaired sleep). Since my young age I had this problem of sleeping badly, now at the age of 48 years the problem has intensified further. I only rest for 4 to 5 hours per 24 hours.

Comment from: jason2, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: June 12

I had orchiotomy due to stage 2 seminoma. Afterward testosterone was actually higher for a couple years, and then dropped off rather quickly. It's been falling ever since. The procedure was performed in 2005.