(Optional)

Gender of Patient:Male Female

What are the signs and symptoms of a vaginal yeast infection?

Symptoms can include a vaginal discharge that is typically thick, odorless, and whitish-gray in color. The discharge has been described as having a cottage-cheese-like consistency.

Other symptoms of a vaginal yeast infection include:

• An intense itching of the vaginal or genital area
  • Irritation and burning
  • Pain during sexual intercourse
  • Pain or burning during urination
  • Redness or soreness of the vagina or vulva in women; swelling of the vagina
Return to Yeast Infection (in Women and Men)

Comment from: bee, Female (Patient) Published: January 03

The article is quite informative, thank you. I am having a little challenge, I just got treated for malaria and typhoid, I was on period during the treatment, and I am almost through with my drugs. For about 2 days now, I notice severe itching and pain in my vaginal area, and it is always hot and reddish with burning. The veins attached to my vaginal and pelvic area are swollen. I never changed sex partner, and only had sex before I was sick. I am in pain.

Comment from: momof3, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I had extreme itching, burning during urination, and milky white discharge with yeast infection.

Comment from: santu, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: August 06

Since 4 months I notice itching on my penis head. And penis shaft has raises and scars. I notice sometime dryness and moisture on penis shaft. Since six months I am not in sexual relationship with my wife. I met a general doctor he gives me an ointment to apply but this is not effective. My problem remains same.