(Optional)

Gender of Patient:Male Female

What is a hysterectomy?

A hysterectomy is a surgical procedure whereby the uterus (womb) is removed. This surgery for women is the most common non-obstetrical surgical procedure in the United States.

Return to Hysterectomy

Comment from: Miyuka, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 21

It has been two months now since my hysterectomy. My bladder issues have resolved on their own after a month. Even an issue I had prior to my surgery has been resolved! I used to get up once in the middle of the night (now realizing it was due to my fibroid pressing on my bladder as I lie down) but now I sleep through the night entirely. It's amazing! I feel 100 percent with no issues whatsoever. Everything feels as it should and I'm only reaping all the benefits now. No periods, etc. I love this.

Comment from: Belinda, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 26

I had robotic hysterectomy 5 weeks ago because of endometrial cancer. I am still quite sore and very uncomfortable bending over. I have numbness and burning sensation around the incision area. I have had no bleeding since surgery until today. I have some spotting, not sure if that's normal. I have put on a few pounds. I will be having 3 radiation treatments.

Comment from: Miyuka, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 04

I'm 32 and had a hysterectomy on September 22, 2017. It's been around a week now since my uterus and fallopian tubes were removed due to two 10 cm fibroids, along with many, many smaller ones growing on/in my uterus, one being in the stage of painful necrosis. While I am fortunate enough to have a very skilled, caring surgeon perform wonderfully and had very little to deal with post-surgery (no pain, no bleeding, etc.), I do have one worry. I absolutely cannot sleep through the night due to my bladder issues that I now have. I have to get up 6 to 10 times due to a strong urge to urinate, even if there is barely anything in there. While I understand that nerves have been disrupted around down there, my bladder is now shifted since there is no uterus to separate the bladder from the bowels. I can't help but have a fear in my mind that this will be ongoing after healing as well. It's maddening.