(Optional)

Gender of Patient:Male Female

What is sleepwalking?

Sleepwalking is a disorder characterized by walking or other activities while seemingly still asleep.

Return to Sleepwalking

Comment from: Lissy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 10

I am still sleep walking at 52 years of age, have walked my whole life, way too many stories to tell. I am getting concerned as the injuries are getting worse maybe as you get older it is slower to heal. I have never spoken to a doctor about this, and it has always been a bit of a laugh with my family as to what I get up to, although not funny staying higher than ground floor. Since being victim of a head on car crash it has got really bad, I scream out most nights and walk often, or so they tell me. My cousin slept, walked off a moving train and died, hence no sleeping on trains.

Comment from: Ms L, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 11

I just started sleepwalking 2 months ago. I take Seroquel (200mg) at bedtime along with 30 mg of Restoril and 10mg of zolpidem. My first time was leaving my apartment and going up to neighbor's. She gave me coffee and walked me down to my apartment. Apparently I left again and went to another tenant's apartment and asked for money. I got out of bed another night and sat on my kitchen floor eating cereal, the bag turned upside down. I woke the next morning to find a bag of cereal on the floor. Another time when I woke up I found a toasted bagel sitting in the toaster. Another time I discovered in my sleep I made ham and eggs and ate it.

Comment from: Tina, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I have been a documented sleep walker now for 8 years. I see a neurologist on a regular basis. I take 150mg of Elavil at night, and only sleepwalk now if I am under stress. I also have an eating disorder that occurs in my sleep. I have done housework in my sleep, got dressed, left my home and woken up somewhere else. I have had injuries as a result of sleep walking on more than one occasion. Police have brought me back to my home twice.