(Optional)

Gender of Patient:Male Female

What is the prognosis of a frozen shoulder?

The prognosis of a frozen shoulder depends on its response to physical therapy, exercises, and treatments as described above. Again, it is essential to avoid reinjuring the shoulder tissues during the rehabilitation period. Patients with resistant frozen shoulders can be considered for release of the scar tissue by arthroscopic surgery or manipulation of the scarred shoulder under anesthesia. Without aggressive treatment, a frozen shoulder can be permanent.

Return to Frozen Shoulder

Comment from: BadBodyPArts, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 29

I had frozen shoulder on the left side. I did cortisone shots, physical therapy, exercises and went to a chiropractor. Nothing made it go away permanently. We waited 3 years. I had arthroscopic surgery and that fixed it. Now I have frozen shoulder on the right. I had my first cortisone shot one week ago with no relief. Sudden movements make me cry hard in agony. I can't sleep. I can barely dress myself. I can barely wash my hair! I am going to ask the doctor if I could have the same surgery a lot sooner than before. Bone is fine, but I haven't had an MRI yet. I have given birth twice. This pain far exceeds anything I've ever known. I know how you feel if you're dealing with this. There is no way I can give this shoulder 3 years.

Comment from: Amy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 05

I had frozen shoulder coupled with bursitis. My doctor had me try physical therapy and exercises, but they didn't help. I went from having pain only when I moved my shoulder a certain way to having it 24/7. The pain was excruciating and debilitating. I was going to try cortisone but didn't really want to because since my doctor wanted to hold off on that, I figured there was a reason. I then found out about Prolozone therapy. My pain was relieved about 70% after the first treatment. For those of you that experience this kind of pain, you know that is huge! I had two more treatments, and my pain is gone except when I overextend my range of motion. However, my range of motion is 50% better and continues to get better as time goes on. It has been four months since my first treatment, and I've had three over a month's time.

Comment from: Dana4949, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: August 15

My frozen shoulder started back in April in my right arm and shoulder and seems to be getting a little bit better with physical therapy and Ibuprofen, and heat and ice packs for swelling and pain. Pain during the day is not bad if I do not use my arm or shoulder. Sleep has gotten a little better but still hurts if I lay on my right side too long. The doctor told me it was caused by being a middle aged woman and being diabetic.