(Optional)

Gender of Patient:Male Female

What are symptoms and signs of a frozen shoulder?

Symptoms and signs of a frozen shoulder include pain, stiffness, and loss of range of motion of the shoulder. The shoulder range of motion is limited when either the patient or an examiner attempts to move the joint. The shoulder can develop increased pain with use. These symptoms can make sleep very uncomfortable.

Return to Frozen Shoulder

Comment from: Dot, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 27

I have pain in left shoulder when attempting to scratch my back, reaching to close the car door, pulling on my jeans, walking up the wall with fingers of my left hand.

Comment from: Ouchithurts, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 08

I have limited motion in my right shoulder. If I use my arm, my hand and forearm tingle like I hit my funny bone. It also feels like it is falling out of joint when I relax the muscles. I have lot of trouble sleeping. Once asleep, I wake up if I move, or my husband moves. I have to say, I am pretty miserable!

Comment from: cannon arm, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: June 25

I am a 52 year old dude who has been a sports nut my entire life. All conference baseball player, 3 time punt, pass, and kick champ with a God given rocket arm. At 45 I could still fire a ball with kids 20 years younger. It pains me now to toss a baseball 15 yards. I have to throw like a 6 year old girl, kind of pushing the throw without reaching back. Very painful.