What are signs and symptoms of pulmonary fibrosis?
Signs and symptoms of pulmonary fibrosis include:
- Shortness of breath (dyspnea), including shortness of breath with everyday activities
- Coughing (chronic, dry, hacking cough)
- Diminished exercise tolerance
- Fast, shallow breathing
- Chest discomfort
- Muscle and joint aches
- Loss of appetite
- Unexplained/unintended weight loss
- "Clubbing" of the tips of the fingers and toes (thickening of flesh under the nails, causing a widening and rounding appearance
Symptoms vary depending on the cause of the pulmonary fibrosis. The severity of symptoms and the progression (worsening) of symptoms over time can vary.