(Optional)

Gender of Patient:Male Female

What is the treatment for a sinus headache?

The treatment goal for sinus headache is twofold. The first step is to decrease the inflammation within the sinuses to help them drain. Once drainage occurs and the pressure is relieved, the pain should subside. The second aspect is to make the patient comfortable while treating the underlying problem.

Return to Sinus Headache

Comment from: sufferer, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 02

Massaging the sinus pressure points has been helpful for my sinus headaches.

Comment from: Bp, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 30

I find Sinutab, inhaling steam and it probably sounds strange, but icepacks work better than heat for treating a sinus headache.

Comment from: JD, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: June 24

I went down various avenues like sinus irrigation, steroid nasal sprays, etc. Nothing helped my sinus headaches at all. After scouring online a name kept popping up, SinuSoothe, and although it was the most expensive nose spray I came across, my gut told me to get it. Thank you gut! Two weeks later and no more sinus infection, headaches, sinus pain, and congestion. Granted, this does burn a little but you get used to it and when you physically see the infection on a tissue when you blow your nose the sense of relief is hard to explain. I actually cried one morning in the bathroom.