Heart Rhythm Disorders
Avoiding alcohol helps the heart beat better
and avoid atrial fibrillation
Protect Your Eyesight
Eye diseases can cause damage and blindness if not treated
soon enough. See warning signs of the most common conditions
Breast Cancer Quiz
Increase your awareness this month
by testing your medical knowledge
Take the Quiz
Health News of the Week
Diabetes Pill May Replace Injection
1 in 9 Men Have Oral HPV
Heart Issue Hits Men Early
4 in 10 U.S. Adults Obese
Stroke Risk Factors Rising
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
What Are Cataracts?
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye clouds over, affecting vision. With symptoms such as blurry vision, glare and poor night vision, learn about causes and treatments including cataract surgery.
Who’s at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): What Is Rheumatoid Arthritis? How and When Does It Happen?
- Colon Cancer: What Are Symptoms of Cancer of the Colon and Rectum?
- Creatinine Blood Test: Symptoms Associated With Elevated Blood Creatinine Levels
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI): Read About UTI Symptoms and Treatments
- Staph Infection: What Is the Treatment for Staph Infections?
- Cirrhosis (Liver): Is There a Cure for Cirrhosis?
- Nosebleed: How to Stop Nosebleeding
- Sinus Infection: What Are Symptoms and Signs of a Sinus Infection?
- HPV in Women: Read About HPV Symptoms and Vaccine
- Dengue Fever: What Are Dengue Fever Symptoms and Signs?
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart