Sugar Industry Secrets
More than four decades ago, a study funded by the sugar industry found evidence linking the sweetener to heart disease and bladder cancer
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
From diagnosis to treatment, learn about this autoimmune
disease that causes chronic joint inflammation and pain
Heart Disease Quiz
It's the #1 killer of men and women in
the US. Test your heart health knowledge
Take the Quiz
Health News of the Week
Flu Shot and Immune System
More Weight, More Mammograms
Adopt a Dog, Lengthen Your Life
The 'Fountain of Youth' Gene
Potential Alzheimer's Breakthrough
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
What Are Cataracts?
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye clouds over, affecting vision. With symptoms such as blurry vision, glare and poor night vision, learn about causes and treatments including cataract surgery.
Who’s at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- PMS vs. Pregnancy: What Are the Differences and Similarities?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): 15 RA Symptoms and Treatments
- Hemoglobin: How to Increase Hemoglobin Levels
- Creatinine Blood Test: What Does a High Creatinine Level Mean?
- Liver Blood Tests: Understanding Liver Blood Test Results
- Swollen Lymph Nodes: What Are the Causes of Swollen Lymph Nodes?
- Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension): What Causes Low Blood Pressure?
- Parkinson's Disease: What Causes Parkinson's Disease?
- Dengue Fever: What Are Dengue Fever Symptoms and Signs?
- Botulism: What Is Botulism?
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart